hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

When you start lifting I recommend you go 3 times a week M-W-F just to get started. Would do chest/tri, back/bi, legs/shoulders in that order for a few months doing 4 exercises were body part and 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps for each. Definitely do as much free-weight lifts as you can and don't neglect benching, leg press, etc. I'm far from an expert and I still drink beers and eat wings so I'll never be perfect but I've been done the path and have experienced things first hand in terms of what works and does not work and mistakes I made that I wish I hadn't. The most important thing for you right now is cardio and diet though which you seem to be doing well with. Good luck OP.

BIG
    BIG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Thanks man appreciate the info. I definitely dont wanna waste a shit load of time and effort doing the wrong things.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

I feel ya. I was just happy to finally get myself in there and lifting weights but I was doing it wrong for awhile. I did not buy into the 1g of protein per target body weight thing and was taking in like 100g a day tops. I was not benching and was using mostly machines. Once I started taking 180-200g of protein and starting doing incline/decline/flat bench, and free weights for a lot of things I really started to see some results. Again I just wish I started while I was heavy. You don't need to worry about doing it now, you're doing a great job as it is. But you've already proven you can lose the weight so once you get to 300 lbs I'd start to consider adding in weights and continue to lose fat. You'll be a beast it's going to be awesome.

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    I feel ya. I was just happy to finally get myself in there and lifting weights but I was doing it wrong for awhile. I did not buy into the 1g of protein per target body weight thing and was taking in like 100g a day tops. I was not benching and was using mostly machines. Once I started taking 180-200g of protein and starting doing incline/decline/flat bench, and free weights for a lot of things I really started to see some results. Again I just wish I started while I was heavy. You don't need to worry about doing it now, you're doing a great job as it is. But you've already proven you can lose the weight so once you get to 300 lbs I'd start to consider adding in weights and continue to lose fat. You'll be a beast it's going to be awesome.

Thanks man yeah I seen that protein grams one time like damn thats alot. Great info man Thanks!!!

BIG

Weigh in #6...I had a great week I thought but the scale didnt agree. I weighed in at 423 today for a loss of 2lbs. On the week 37 total after 39 days of the 90 day challenge. Still hunting down the $600 prize money. I love these supplements im taking the energy level is great it suppresses my appetite and I am feeling great. Not breathing hard when I put my shoes on or walk to my car lol. On to the next week.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

penetrate that just get a ton of good flake and you will be skinny in days. Mix in some crack as well.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by BIG View Post
    Weigh in #6...I had a great week I thought but the scale didnt agree. I weighed in at 423 today for a loss of 2lbs. On the week 37 total after 39 days of the 90 day challenge. Still hunting down the $600 prize money. I love these supplements im taking the energy level is great it suppresses my appetite and I am feeling great. Not breathing hard when I put my shoes on or walk to my car lol. On to the next week.
    Awesome man, I love seeing this! Keep this shit up, don't stop. A year from now, you're gonna look back and be so happy that you didn't quit, that you stuck with it. Your health is too important - take care of it.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6513

What's the name of the supplements you taking?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Agree with the people who recommended MyFitnessPal.

Just using the food diary/calculater thing taught me so much about food I had no idea of.

Grog puts the weight on me too Big, and it's the one thing I really do not want to give up totally.

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Awesome man, I love seeing this! Keep this shit up, don't stop. A year from now, you're gonna look back and be so happy that you didn't quit, that you stuck with it. Your health is too important - take care of it.
    Thanks man!

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    What's the name of the supplements you taking?
    Spx nutrition supplements. I came across this on Facebook where i seen they pay u for losing weight but you have to purchase 3months of products all at once or month by month. I love them they are 100% natural and since then I recently begin getting some family members and friends on thchallenge or just even the pills for energy they all love them. You have to find someone to sign up with so if u have any interest pm me and i can give u the site not sure if allowed to post here so im not.

BIG

Weigh in #7 update... weighed in today @ 419lbs. A loss of 4lbs on the week bringing my total after 46 days of the SPX Nutrition 90 day challenge to 41lbs. Feel great gents. I Still am much of a Fat penetrate but feeling so mucher better then 460.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Congrats on your weight loss. Make sure you really dial in on your diet. 80% of how you loom comes from what you put in your mouth.

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Congrats on your weight loss. Make sure you really dial in on your diet. 80% of how you loom comes from what you put in your mouth.
    Thank You

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I felt like a new man after dropping my college/mid 20's weight. Maybe 30 lbs. You are going to feel like a superhero! Keep it up and yes diet is so important, even aside from the weight loss aspect. Cooking is great if you have the time. It allows you to contol exactly what goes into your body and it's of higher quality if you are selective. If I cannot pronounce an ingredient or it has "Z"s and "X"s I usually stay away, but you get the point! Keep shedding those lbs!

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6513

Controlling weight is all about the snacking (mostly when watching tv)

Chew gum, sun flower seeds, popcorn

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Seems like it's gonna be close, keep working man.

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I felt like a new man after dropping my college/mid 20's weight. Maybe 30 lbs. You are going to feel like a superhero! Keep it up and yes diet is so important, even aside from the weight loss aspect. Cooking is great if you have the time. It allows you to contol exactly what goes into your body and it's of higher quality if you are selective. If I cannot pronounce an ingredient or it has "Z"s and "X"s I usually stay away, but you get the point! Keep shedding those lbs!
    Thanks Man!

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Controlling weight is all about the snacking (mostly when watching tv)

Chew gum, sun flower seeds, popcorn
    Very True Thanks man

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Seems like it's gonna be close, keep working man.
    Nah I got this... I should have 2 wks to spare..Im thinking 70...

BIG

Friday Weigh in update... Worked hard this week boys and it paid off pretty descent. I weighed in @ 413 lbs. yesterday for a loss of 6lbs. on the week and 47 lbs total for the 90 day challenge after 54 days. 13 more lbs. to $600 more important im 14lbs away from the 300's which I have not been in for about 4 years.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10014

BIG!!!! Keep it going man - this is absolutely fantastic!!! Stay disciplined - keep moving in the right direction my man!!!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

impressive work, BIG..you are getting close to under 4 bills

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

my cousin is 450 lb the doctor told him the best work out is horse back riding ,,he did and he work ,the horse lost 45 pound

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    my cousin is 450 lb the doctor told him the best work out is horse back riding ,,he did and he work ,the horse lost 45 pound

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    Lol...

Thanks Peavy almost under 4 bills its been about 3-4 yrs. Another weigh in update 2moro.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

keep up the good work BIG, rootin for ya. love seeing people take initiative

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by BIG View Post
    Lol...

Thanks Peavy almost under 4 bills its been about 3-4 yrs. Another weigh in update 2moro.

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    keep up the good work BIG, rootin for ya. love seeing people take initiative
    Thanks man!!! Appreciate all the support.

BIG

First I want to thank all that have been supportive, pretty cool of yas u dont see much of that on SBR lmao.

Weighed in today at 410 so I lost 3 lbs on the week 50lbs. Total after 60 days of the SPX Nutrition 90 day challenge. I am at $500 and 10lbs. Away from the max $600. I have challenged myself to be in the 3's 2wks from today this is a place I haven't seen in roughly 4 yrs. Going to have to take it easy on the booze the next few weekends haha.

BIG

As I was looking for this post I realized I didnt post last week. Last week I lost 1lb this week I lost 7lbs. I Currently weigh 402 now for a total loss of 58lbs after 74 days. I need 2 more lbs to get the max of $600 for the spx 90 day challenge. Only 3lbs until the 3's man its been a while.

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by DrRuss View Post
    BIG - don't want to bring you down, bro, but there is no way in hell you can drop 60lbs of fat in 3 months.

The only way you could do it is, if you bloat yourself with water starting about a week before your initial weight-in and then just drop the water weight with the lard. Too bad I didn't see this thread on time to give you this golden advice But for the next challenge, if you want to make the big money - get your water weight up beforehand!

Why you can't drop 60lbs in 3 months - simple math. A pound of fat is 3,000 cals. In your best estimate you could burn 3,000 cals/day if you add some exercise, but that would leave you with a total of 90,000 cals spread over 3 months or 1,000 cal intake per day. In other words, you must eat 1000 cals every day and burn 3000 cals every day to lose 60lbs of fat in 3 months. Good fukin luck with that

Apparently you've never ate on deficit or you wouldn't have those dreams of dropping 60 in 90. If you are serious about losing some lard, you need to focus on more
    obtainable and long-term-sustainable goal like 1.5-2lbs per week. Or start saving for a Rascal.
    ??? Thanks for the extra motivation man!!! Im going to do it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Big where do u live man?

you need to move somewhere hot so u can sweat a lot.

why do u think Chicks in Florida, Arizona , and Las Vegas are good looking?

its bc they sweat so much.

always run and exercise during the hottest time of the day and also wear a sweat shirt when u work out and donthe steam and shower.

also dont drink gatorade instead drink the powerade zero.

good luck man. Being fat doesnt even matter though man. Dont stress about it.

Rick Ross is fat and he gets mad pussy.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Nice work BIG, Glad to see you are still grinding away those lbs! It looks like that 600 is yours! I think I've gained a couple lbs since I first posted in this thread, F me.

Keep it up big! Btw, to you have a target weight? You should sign up for another challege and keep the money train rolling in!(not too quickly, you want to do it the right way)

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

First 12345 Last