BIG
    BIG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Awesome Big. Good luck with it and I hope that sometime in the future we will hear name calling like "Skinny Pricks" and "Fit Fairies" as often as we hear Fat Fukks. We need equal opportunity harassment in this great nation of ours.
    lol Thanks Man!!!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

As already stated get the proper amount of lean protein and eat all the vegetables you want. Vegetables are filling and will stifle your hunger. Lifted for years, got burned out and quit a few years ago. Put on 25+ pounds without even noticing. Found my motivation and started doing crossfit 6 months ago. Was brutal in the beginning (have never been very flexible), but now I look forward to going. Find a good gym/box and get active. Will be tough a first, but every goal you reach will just fire you up for more. Good luck

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Posting so I can check back on progress. Make it happen Big!! Rootin for ya!!! If I do the bash - may back out 100 days from that. Oct 23 would be 100 days before super bowl. Maybe will do it then and put whatever I make on black at the bash!

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    As already stated get the proper amount of lean protein and eat all the vegetables you want. Vegetables are filling and will stifle your hunger. Lifted for years, got burned out and quit a few years ago. Put on 25+ pounds without even noticing. Found my motivation and started doing crossfit 6 months ago. Was brutal in the beginning (have never been very flexible), but now I look forward to going. Find a good gym/box and get active. Will be tough a first, but every goal you reach will just fire you up for more. Good luck
    Awesome man Thanks! All the info is helpful.

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Posting so I can check back on progress. Make it happen Big!! Rootin for ya!!! If I do the bash - may back out 100 days from that. Oct 23 would be 100 days before super bowl. Maybe will do it then and put whatever I make on black at the bash!
    Awesome man! Thanks for the support, will try and post weekly updates.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

If you aren't already doing it - I have used myfitness pal in the past - not only is it good for tracking - they have good forums on there for motivation and all that (don't take time away from here - go there instead of spending time with family or something - not trying to drive traffic away from here Walker I promise). Good site though and should definitely help motivate you if you wanted it!!

DrRuss
    DrRuss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

BIG - don't want to bring you down, bro, but there is no way in hell you can drop 60lbs of fat in 3 months.

The only way you could do it is, if you bloat yourself with water starting about a week before your initial weight-in and then just drop the water weight with the lard. Too bad I didn't see this thread on time to give you this golden advice But for the next challenge, if you want to make the big money - get your water weight up beforehand!

Why you can't drop 60lbs in 3 months - simple math. A pound of fat is 3,000 cals. In your best estimate you could burn 3,000 cals/day if you add some exercise, but that would leave you with a total of 90,000 cals spread over 3 months or 1,000 cal intake per day. In other words, you must eat 1000 cals every day and burn 3000 cals every day to lose 60lbs of fat in 3 months. Good fukin luck with that

Apparently you've never ate on deficit or you wouldn't have those dreams of dropping 60 in 90. If you are serious about losing some lard, you need to focus on more obtainable and long-term-sustainable goal like 1.5-2lbs per week. Or start saving for a Rascal.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DrRuss View Post
    BIG - don't want to bring you down, bro, but there is no way in hell you can drop 60lbs of fat in 3 months.

The only way you could do it is, if you bloat yourself with water starting about a week before your initial weight-in and then just drop the water weight with the lard. Too bad I didn't see this thread on time to give you this golden advice But for the next challenge, if you want to make the big money - get your water weight up beforehand!

Why you can't drop 60lbs in 3 months - simple math. A pound of fat is 3,000 cals. In your best estimate you could burn 3,000 cals/day if you add some exercise, but that would leave you with a total of 90,000 cals spread over 3 months or 1,000 cal intake per day. In other words, you must eat 1000 cals every day and burn 3000 cals every day to lose 60lbs of fat in 3 months. Good fukin luck with that

Apparently you've never ate on deficit or you wouldn't have those dreams of dropping 60 in 90. If you are serious about losing some lard, you need to focus on more obtainable and long-term-sustainable goal like 1.5-2lbs per week. Or start saving for a Rascal.
    Not dropping 60 pounds of fat - he just has to drop 60 pounds. I am a big guy also - I can lose the first 10 pounds in a week or two just because of the water weight that your body sheds as you start working out. That would be without dropping a single pound of fat - so now I need to lean out another 50 lbs in 3 months. Not easy by any stretch and may take some unhealthy habits near the end to get there, but say he drops 60, hits the contest, and puts 15 back on while he gets back into more of a weight training routine and sustainable model - he will still be down 45 lbs and be that much closer to a long-term solution.

BIG

Dr Russ... Not trying to be a dick but there is no way I dont lose 60 lbs in 90 days unless I end up dead or in the hospital. I did 51 in 60 days before and wasnt this big and I drank few times a week on the weekend Nothing is easy but I should get there comfortably. I do respectyour advice and opinion.

sergiudec
    sergiudec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

All the very best BIG and shed those pounds! I do hope your physician is keeping an eye on you during this time.
    Good luck !

DrRuss
    DrRuss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Quote Originally Posted by BIG View Post
    Dr Russ... Not trying to be a dick but there is no way I dont lose 60 lbs in 90 days unless I end up dead or in the hospital. I did 51 in 60 days before and wasnt this big and I drank few times a week on the weekend Nothing is easy but I should get there comfortably. I do respectyour advice and opinion.
    More power to you brother!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

if this is a real thing and not a put on, this takes guts.
    I think he knows this isn't going to be easy but the ambition and motivation level in this thread is unparamounted. Very "unSBR-like",in fact.

maybe you can use the 90 percent of negativity on this site to motivate you even more. I wish you nothing but the best and will definitely be checking in for updates. Good luck!

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    if this is a real thing and not a put on, this takes guts.
    I think he knows this isn't going to be easy but the ambition and motivation level in this thread is unparamounted. Very "unSBR-like",in fact.

maybe you can use the 90 percent of negativity on this site to motivate you even more. I wish you nothing but the best and will definitely be checking in for updates. Good luck!
    Jay lmao yes this is real and the pics are real. I am lmao because yes the support I have gotten in here is definitely "unSBR-like" like you said. I dont give a penetrate about what people think of me I figured I would get bashed to death in this forum but didnt care so it is kind of funny that it has been different and everyone has put a helping comment in or their opinion and mostly their support that I do appreciate it.

So far diet has been going well, working a 2nd part time job that I walk my fat ass to death for 4hrs which is really great for my weight loss right now. I am taking SPX Nutrition supplements that are part of the challenge and they really have given me insane energy for all this and I love them. I will weigh in Monday morning sometime and update what I lost on the first week which should be the easiest. I didnt weigh myself down with water but I am sure I a substantial amount of water weight to lose and I would be surprised if the first week wasnt more then 10lbs. loss we will see.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614

Whatever it is Bigger dont get hung up on the pounds lost. Think more about how you feel every morning that you're achieving something and not giving into obesity being your lot in life. Chin up, stay strong and if you fall then get up and keep going buddy.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Johnsons right, as usual. nobody expects you to end up looking like stealthy burrito by the end of this. How you feel about yourself by the end of this is really all that's going to matter
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swinging Johnson

BIG

Thanks boys!!!!
    First week is over. Ate really well only drank 1 night and weighed in today @ 445 so lost 15lbs. The first week is in the books obviously the easiest week lets work on week 2.
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave BIG 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: onemoregoal, and JAKEPEAVY21

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Great job so far BIG!!!! 15 lbs is huge man - huge. Not sure if you take stairs anywhere, but I have had both my left and right ACL replaced and was told after one of the surgeries that walking up stairs causes pressure on your knee at the force of 3.5 times your body weight going up and a nasty 10 times going down. So that 15 pounds lost is over 50 lbs less pressure every time you go up and 150 lbs less pressure going down stairs. Just think about how much easier that is on your joints man.

You hit your goal and I will throw you 10 points per pound lost!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nice work BIG, keep it up brother!

BIG

[QUOTE=newguy;22085213]Great job so far BIG!!!! 15 lbs is huge man - huge. Not sure if you take stairs anywhere, but I have had both my left and right ACL replaced and was told after one of the surgeries that walking up stairs causes pressure on your knee at the force of 3.5 times your body weight going up and a nasty 10 times going down. So that 15 pounds lost is over 50 lbs less pressure every time you go up and 150 lbs less pressure going down stairs. Just think about how much easier that is on your joints man.

You hit your goal and I will throw you 10 points per pound lost![/

Awesome that is great info man. I dont go up and down steps but maybe once a day. First week is easy lol but I'm gonna do this. 60 lbs first 90 day challenge then I will do it again and shoot for about 30lbs. Thats another $300. The nutri-thin supplements im taking are really helping me with increased energy especially for working 2 jobs. Hardest part right now is trying to only drink once a week lol.

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Nice work BIG, keep it up brother!
    Thanks Cuse I sure will brother

BIG

Ok guys quick update. My group is weighing in on Fridays so I am going start that with them so I will update on Fridays. Today I weighed in @ 411 thats down.4lbs. From monday and 19 total. Il check back in next week. Getting closer to that $600 oh yeah...Also feeling better

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Nice big!!! Keep moving in right direction!!!

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Nice big!!! Keep moving in right direction!!!
    Thanks man I just actually read my post again and I weighed in at 441 not 411 typo error.

Be back Friday

BIG

Ok my SBR Forum boyz... Weigh In day today. 436lbs. Down 5 from last week 24 total for the 90 day challenge. 36more to go to reach 60 for $600.

Feeling a whole lot better then I did 3 wks ago. More energetic and less tiredness is a plus

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Nice work Biggy

In theory, losing weight is easy. In reality, it's a little bit harder but not tough. I've honestly never met a person that couldn't lose weight if they were willing to what's already been posted in here, eat clean and move.

Looks like you're off to a great start. Good luck

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

keep up the good work, BIG! Let's get below that 400lb mark and leave it in the dust!

BIG

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    keep up the good work, BIG! Let's get below that 400lb mark and leave it in the dust!
    Yes sir that is the goal in the first 90. Thanks man

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by BIG View Post
    Just want to do it on my own. Very capable, exercise and stay off the boos. Very mobile for 450lbs. can still kick my foot 6 foot high lol. I win free shots with that one all the time lol.
    Posts like these are what makes SBR so entertaining

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Just wanted to copy and paste this for people who need more inspiration to lose weight and keep it going. This came from someone's facebook page... and no I don't know the dude. But give him a lot of credit... here's what he wrote...

In December of 2012 I was a fast food addict, eating it every single day, for close to 3 years.
    On December 31st, 2012 I ate my last Fast Food meal... 20 piece nugget + large Milk Shake + large Fries = 3460 calories.
    On March 3rd, 2013 I started Insanity and Shakeology®.
    On May 6th, 2013, I finished Insanity, and lost 55 lbs.
    On June 6th 2013 I became a Beachbody Coach.
    On June 6th 2014, I personally coach 270 people, have lost 155 lbs, won $1500 from Beachbody Challenge, coached a $1000 winner, earned $12,000 and am in the running for $25,000 this summer, as a National Finalist for the Ultimate Health Transformation.

All because I decided to change my life and use Beachbody to do it.

You are not doomed. It's really easy to look in the mirror and say, "Wow, I am hopeless"... Trust me, that's exactly what was running through my head in those pictures. But you're never hopeless. When I started Insanity I was well over 400 lbs. In the first 2 weeks, The workouts were grueling, I wanted to give up every single day, I hated eating healthy, I hated drinking water, I craved fast food, I was sore every day... But then, I looked in the mirror, and I saw actual results. Something clicked in that moment that changed me.
    "It's working?.... It's WORKING!!"
    In that moment I realized I wasn't doomed. I could take control and change my life. So I did, and 1 year later the workouts are still hard, but that's my favorite part. My entire mindset changed, and rather than dreading hard workouts and healthy foods, I crave them. My life changed in that moment, yours will too.

Do not think that the way you feel about working out and eating well, RIGHT NOW, is how you are going to feel about working out and eating well, the entire journey. You will have the same moment I had, when the food tastes the same, the workouts are just as hard, but for some reason you just feel different about them, you actually... Dare I say it... Enjoy the grind! That's what you need to work for. Don't work for a goal weight or a pants size. You've been doing that your whole life, and odds are it has results in you Yo-yo'ing or quitting or never really going ALL IN. You need to work for the moment when this lifestyle is no longer a burden on your life, rather it is the foundation of your life. I promise, Your goal weight and your high school pants will come if you do this, and so will a lot of amazing physical changes you didn't even think were possible.
    But you have to start, you have to push, and you have to change your mind.

You are not doomed. Yes, this journey will be hard, but it will not be impossible. Anything is possible. Close your eyes... Imagine the body you want to have, the habits you want to have, the life you want to have... That is real. And it is really possible. So go after it!

Shaun T and Shakeology Changed my life. What can they do for yours?

Thank you Beachbody!

Awesome work done by this guy. He wrote all of this on June 6, 2014. So, do the math to see if it all seems legit.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 07-02-14 at 05:08 AM.

BIG

Ok Boys since my fat ass weighs so much I weigh in on our work freight scale lmao and July 4th being tomorrow I am off I had to weigh in a day early. Total weight was 430 today. Down 6lbs from last week 30lbs total since June 9th. Feeling best I have in a long time but a long way to go.

Libanese
    Libanese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    here in uk you can bet on yourself to lose weight
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...loss-year.html
    That is great incentive.

Wish that was legal here.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Just checking in - keep going BIG - pumped to see numbers tomorrow!!!

BIG

Ok weigh in #5... Had lots and lots of booze the holiday weekend and wasnt to happy but busted balls all week and salvaged to lose 5lbs for the week. Down 35 total since June 9th now sitting @ 425.
    Last edited by BIG; 07-11-14 at 10:29 AM.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Are you lifting OP or just dieting and cardio? I recommend keeping your diet going and doing cardio as well but you should lift weights now too so when you get down to a good weight you'll have some nice muscle to make it look good. I went from 250 to 175 before I started lifting and was left looking kind of frail to be honest. I've been lifting for two years and for the longest time didn't really know what I was doing. Would stay away from exercises that were too hard and mess with machines that did not help much. Have had really good workouts though in the past year and specifically the last six months have been the best I've been at it. 215 lbs now and a little chub as a result of excess eating to get bulk but I'll lose it. I look better than when I was 175 lbs regardless though and feel good. Just wish I didn't wait until all the weight was gone to start lifting. Also, try and lose the weight at a good pace and not too fast. If you combine this with weight lifting and keep your diet and cardio up you'll be a stud at the end of it all.

BIG

Been doing very little lifting as of yet, some but not very much. 2 reasons first I wanna be sure I get my 60 lbs. Lost so I get my $600 and 2nd. Had a wrist injury a few wks ago and its about 60%. I do understand your concept and after I complete my 60lbs and the 90 day challenge and move onto the next on I will start lifting alot more. I know the access fat will be there when all said and done but yes I wanna minimize it. Thanks for your input all is appreciated.

First 12345 Last