itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Funny how the pundits keep saying "the nation has moved toward gays, Duck Dynasty types can't accept that" meanwhile 5x as many people are siding with the Duck family....and heard the MSNBC show today mocking it by saying why are we even talking about this, I've never even heard of this show do people even watch it? In fact more people showed up to the SMU v UCF football game than watch said MSNBC show while 12 million tune in on Wednesdays to watch the Duck Dynasty....which is more relevant again??

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7942

if someone went public about gambling is a sin i wonder what these christians on a gambling forum would have to say about that. christian gamblers arguing about religion and queers...what a waste of time.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    90% of the population agrees with Phil, it's the 10% that has a problem with what he said.

I agree with you, most of us don't want to see their gayness or hear about their anal adventures. (eh, crap on your dick, carpedime)
    90% of the population agrees with Phil? Where did you get that stat from?

Or did you mean to say that 100% of your friends agree with Phil, and you are making the assumption that 90% of the population is like your friends?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post

Or did you mean to say that 100% of your friends agree with Phil, and you are making the assumption that 90% of the population is like your friends?
    Just judging from the activity on Facebook alone, I would say that it higher than 90%. I was pretty shocked at the amount of "Justice for Phil" posts being made. I only had seen one posted against him.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Just judging from the activity on Facebook alone, I would say that it higher than 90%. I was pretty shocked at the amount of "Justice for Phil" posts being made. I only had seen one posted against him.
    Nobody agrees with Phil's sentiment. Unless you are some wacked out bible thumping loon. I will still call these people nobody though, thus my statement stands.

The channel suspending a family member, when the show is about his redneck family is beyond stupid though. I agree with the "free Phil" mob. Unnecessary knee jerk reaction.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post

Didn't take my friend poll yet, but you are probably right about the 100%. Judging by the response to Phil's comments,
    Id say 90% agree with him. IMO

I don't have a problem with the gay community or them getting married. I do have a problem when they publically
    show their affection or have their stupid parades. Act like adults, we will treat them like adults.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Didn't take my friend poll yet, but you are probably right about the 100%. Judging by the response to Phil's comments,
    Id say 90% agree with him. IMO

I don't have a problem with the gay community or them getting married. I do have a problem when they publically
    show their affection or have their stupid parades. Act like adults, we will treat them like adults.
    Because adults don't show affection in public or partake in parades.

I get it though. I hate gays who go out of their way to prove how queer they are.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9290

You damn Americans want to turn everything into a polarized black and white argument.

You don't have to agree with what Phil said to believe he has the right to say it.

And you don't need to be a gay activist to think what Phil said was pretty dumbass.

You dont have to be left or right wing to agree or disagree with him.

I don't get why more of you don't want to be seen to think for yourselves rather than follow the herd of lemmings screaming "Damn Liberal/Republican" about every single bloody issue.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You damn Americans want to turn everything into a polarized black and white argument.

You don't have to agree with what Phil said to believe he has the right to say it.

And you don't need to be a gay activist to think what Phil said was pretty dumbass.

I don't get why more of you don't want to be seen to think for yourselves rather than follow the herd of lemmings screaming "Damn Liberal/Republican" about every single bloody issue.
    Welcome to America, where reaffirming terrible opinions is preferred to original thought.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

When this is a 24hr per day subject on all news media for 4 straight days........

"Here's Your Sign"!!

US of Amerika is the most mental midget, morally fukked up so called society on Earth!
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 12-20-13 at 05:15 PM.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

He has every right to say the things he did, just like his employer has every right to cut ties with him.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    When this is a 24hr per day subject on all news media for 4 straight days........

"Here's Your Sign"!!

US of Amerika is the most mentally, morally fukked up so called society on Earth!
    Not sure if unintentional irony of quoting the Redneck Comedy Tour.

PAULYPOKER

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9290

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post

He has every right to say the things he did, just like his employer has every right to cut ties with him.
    And people have every right to call out that employer for being out of line.

But if you never inject any common sense into the argument, and realize having a right to do something does not mean it is right to use it every time, then you end up circling the drain until we all go down.

At what point do we say... he has the right to say that, un-harrassed?

Does an employer really have the right to take away someones job if he does not agree with your personal opinions?

Is that really "right"??

It should not be acceptable under law or ethically.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.bayneforcongress.com/

Today, Ian Bayne called Phil Robertson, star of the A&E series “Duck Dynasty,” the ‘Rosa Parks’ of our generation.
    “In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians,” said Bayne.
    When will America stop persecuting these poor Christians!

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    http://www.bayneforcongress.com/

When will America stop persecuting these poor Christians!
    The Rosa Parks of our generation. I am pretty cynical of Rosa Parks - but that statement doesn't even provide comical goodness.

I seriously wish we could have some sort of quantitative test that locates people who agree with that statement (Rifleman and the like) so they can be relocated to Texas and/or Arizona, so they can built a big old fence around their version of America - to protect the rest of America from that level of ignorance.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Shouldn't that have been completely expected though? Everyday people are far more willing to go public with something they support instead of something they hate. Most think it shows comraderee (sp?) to stand together when 'the man' is trampling on their beliefs.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Nobody agrees with Phil's sentiment. Unless you are some wacked out bible thumping loon. I will still call these people nobody though, thus my statement stands.

The channel suspending a family member, when the show is about his redneck family is beyond stupid though. I agree with the "free Phil" mob. Unnecessary knee jerk reaction.
    Personally I think the show is fukking stupid.

Here is my take why people are mainly siding with him.

They are sick of having the Gay lifestyle crammed down their throats on a daily basis.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

And people have every right to call out that employer for being out of line.

But if you never inject any common sense into the argument, and realize having a right to do something does not mean it is right to use it every time, then you end up circling the drain until we all go down.

At what point do we say... he has the right to say that, un-harrassed?

Does an employer really have the right to take away someones job if he does not agree with your personal opinions?

Is that really "right"??

It should not be acceptable under law or ethically.
    Just wondering did you think Alec Baldwin should have been fired too? I've noticed a lot of hypocrisy from both sides on these issues. I actually wouldn't have suspended him, at most should have gotten a reprimand from the company.

PAULYPOKER

They are sick of having the Gay lifestyle crammed down their throats on a daily basis.
    People do not have anything "crammed down their throats" unless they choose to........

It is just that fukkin simple.......

Media makes all people puppets..

Its is quite comical to sit back and watch the incredible lunacy.......

The US is the laughingstock of the world and what is most strikingly comical,is that US citizens believe they have it made over any country on Earth or "other countries are just jealous", when in fact the US is on the bottom of the river in just about every category when compared to the REST of developed counties

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

you mean like as depicted in this AWESOME new show called "Where The Bears Are"?

Season 1, Episode 1, check it out!:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jrlre6HKmWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

^ only CarpeDime

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    People do not have anything "crammed down their throats" unless they choose to........

It is just that fukkin simple.......

Media makes all people puppets..

Its is quite comical to sit back and watch the incredible lunacy.......

The US is the laughingstock of the world and what is most strikingly comical,is that US citizens believe they have it made over any country on Earth or "other countries are just jealous", when in fact the US is on the bottom of the river in just about every category when compared to the REST of developed counties
    Well lets just say that when you go to a news source looking for well, news, and the major headlines seem to consistently deal with what some Gay guy or woman did, it is actually in the way of what you are looking for.

Kermit

I mean is this really what Gays and Lesbians have fought for? To be made spectacles out of?

For example Obama parading this dream team of Gays and Lesbians into Russia to prove some point. A point I might add that he will not be involved in as he is going to be partaking in.

PAULYPOKER

Well lets just say that when you go to a news source looking for well, news, and the major headlines seem to consistently deal with what some Gay guy or woman did, it is actually in the way of what you are looking for.
    Well lets just ask ourselves if said news source covers this kind of shit, what does this tell us about the actual news source?

Again you let the SOURCE control you by your own participation of debate....

REAL news sources do not cover this kind of garbage.........
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 12-20-13 at 07:39 PM.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I love the standard response:

"You demean my lifestyle, I wish you wouldn't"

"Why are you pushing your lifestyle in my face!?! Get away from me!"

"I'm not even talking to you, I'm voicing my displeasure, I'm not going into any detail of my life"

"Stop! You're gay and going to hell, stop pushing your lifestyle on me!"

"......."

ChalkyDog

I get it. I am sick of having homophobes opinion and lifestyle shoved down my throat on a daily basis.

One actually has a law against their lifestyle, the other is simply a talking point.

Actually, no I don't get it.

Until Gays are treated as equals in the eye of the law, they deserve to demand the attention and shove "their lifestyle" down your throat until they do get equal treatment. Just as minorities and women shoved their lifestyle down the throats of Americans at the time until they received "equal treatment"* (Asterisk intended).

This isn't a conservative or progressive issue. This is an individual right issue. I hope nobody has a problem with the simple distinction.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 12-20-13 at 07:39 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila, and PromiseLand

Kermit

I get it. I am sick of having homophobes opinion and lifestyle shoved down my throat on a daily basis.

One actually has a law against their lifestyle, the other is simply a talking point.

Until Gays are treated as equals in the eye of the law, they deserve to demand the attention and shove "their lifestyle" down your throat until they do get equal treatment. Just as minorities and women shoved their lifestyle down the throats of Americans at the time until they received "equal treatment"* (Asterisk intended).

This isn't a conservative or progressive issue. This is an individual right issue. I hope nobody has a problem with the simple distinction.
    That isn't really what I am referring to.

I am more so talking about all of these people coming out of the woodwork every week informing everyone that they are Gay. Think about it for a minute and ask yourself, why do these people want to be singled out if they want to be equal?

ChalkyDog

That isn't really what I am referring to.

I am more so talking about all of these people coming out of the woodwork every week informing everyone that they are Gay. Think about it for a minute and ask yourself, why do these people want to be singled out if they want to be equal?
    That I can understand. And in all seriousness, seeing two guys making out makes me physically ill.

Guys who are flamboyantly gay, gives me an urge to punch them in their face.

Guys with a lisp, make we question if a dick up their ass caused the sudden gay accent.

Lesbians... lesbians can do whatever they want. Even the ugly ones. Love lesbians. Some of my best friends are lesbo's. Awesome people.

However, you see the same thing with feminism. Feminism does not equal equality anymore. Feminism in 2013 = greater than men, and it is sickening.

Kermit

^Very good points.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3593

No pun intended.

spiritocenty
    spiritocenty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    The only thing I don't understand about homosexuals being born gay, is that wouldn't it have stopped at some point because of evolution (procreate) ?
    Because homosexuality is genetic but not inheritable. Kind of like left vs right handed. It's decided during development through chance but it isn't a heritable trait. Most in the scientific community believe homosexuality comes from hormonal malfunctions/imbalances during development, and possibly even directly caused by stress of the mother during crucial points in development. For right now it won't be thoroughly studied because of resistance from different groups and PC culture that would never fund it.

No one is born perfect, there are bazillion variables in the development of a human being. This isn't a new argument, but what is new is that people can have their livelihood ruined for speaking what they believe to be the truth and offending some people.

On a somewhat different subject, what is wrong with girls who prefer/only like anal? What happened there?

spiritocenty
    spiritocenty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I assume you are referring to federal recognition as a homosexual married couple and the benefits it includes. The problem I have with that is a single person doesn't get a lot of the tax advantages and other privileges a married couple does, but no one is complaining about that.

The government has always used laws and tax codes to reward what it deems to be good or desirous behavior for overall society. Adoption is good so u get adoption credits, going to school is good so u get education credits, donating to charity is good so you get a deduction, etc. I have a serious problem with homosexuals getting benefits, directly or indirectly paid for by citizens, that a heterosexual single person could not get. There is no added benefit gays have on society that they don't have as single people, so caving to these "equality" demands would be a very strange and dangerous detour from policy.

Kermit

I don't buy everyone is born gay. Some people may be born Gay, but others turn Gay later in life by choice. I went to school with a guy back in the early 90's who was the biggest horn dog jock, was popular, and was dating a different cheerleader every week. I was also pretty good friends with him in school. Well our 20th high school reunion was last fall(2012) and he wasn't there, so I asked some other friends if they had heard from him or knew what he was doing as I assumed he went on to bigger and better things since he wasn't there, and I found out he met some guy online from England and moved over there with him.

PAULYPOKER

I buy what ever the homosexuals say ,how they were born or became this way, for the fact you can only truly understand it if you live it.........

MOST People are narcissistic enough to believe that somehow what they live feel and believe is the "right way"......

This only proves how clueless they really are.....

First 12345 Last