ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by spiritocenty View Post
    I assume you are referring to federal recognition as a homosexual married couple and the benefits it includes. The problem I have with that is a single person doesn't get a lot of the tax advantages and other privileges a married couple does, but no one is complaining about that.

The government has always used laws and tax codes to reward what it deems to be good or desirous behavior for overall society. Adoption is good so u get adoption credits, going to school is good so u get education credits, donating to charity is good so you get a deduction, etc. I have a serious problem with homosexuals getting benefits, directly or indirectly paid for by citizens, that a heterosexual single person could not get. There is no added benefit gays have on society that they don't have as single people, so caving to these "equality" demands would be a very strange and dangerous detour from policy.
    If a queer is single, no credit.

If queers get married, credit.

Point being, they don't get special treatment. They get treated like everyone else.

I'm having a hard time with understanding why people are having a hard time with this.

Queer Single = Straight single
    Queers Married = Straight married.

It's not difficult.

I don't know if this is going to go the route of the government sponsored health care paying for abortions, in which tax payers who are morally opposed to abortions feel they should not have to pay for abortions.

Taxes throughout history, and our history have gone to pay for shit many people disagree with. Hell, my taxes go to paying politicians, continue the war on drugs, keep gambling illegal and funding a bullshit "war" on terror - on top of the NSA spying etc etc etc. All things I am vehemently opposed to. Why does the above logic not apply here?

American's have some serious issue with consistency when it applies to them.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 12-20-13 at 10:39 PM.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't buy everyone is born gay. Some people may be born Gay, but others turn Gay later in life by choice. I went to school with a guy back in the early 90's who was the biggest horn dog jock, was popular, and was dating a different cheerleader every week. I was also pretty good friends with him in school. Well our 20th high school reunion was last fall(2012) and he wasn't there, so I asked some other friends if they had heard from him or knew what he was doing as I assumed he went on to bigger and better things since he wasn't there, and I found out he met some guy online from England and moved over there with him.
    I actually agree with you. You can be gay from birth or by choice. Being gay is a sexual orientation just like being straight is. I know many a woman who dabbled with other women, but that was either a phase or just a thing. Doesn't make it any more or any less of a sexual orientation.

Why can't people just understand that gays should have exactly the same rights as straights boggles my mind.

It's like I am in some weird time warp, when whites in the 60's (both 1800's and 1900's) couldn't understand why blacks should be treated the same as whites, in regard to the law or otherwise.

Are people really this mentally defunct that they can't wrap their head around such a simple concept? A concept that shouldn't even have to be taught.

As a matter of fact, I believe we are born understanding everyone is the same regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion or class. We learn to categorize them as we grow (categorization is a part of the human condition and evolution as posited by Nietzsche). Our prejudices are 100% taught. Time to relearn what is such a simple concept.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 12-20-13 at 10:47 PM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Why can't people just understand that gays should have exactly the same rights as straights boggles my mind.
    I'll take RELIGION for $5,000 plus daily double Alex

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post

Just wondering did you think Alec Baldwin should have been fired too? I've noticed a lot of hypocrisy from both sides on these issues. I actually wouldn't have suspended him, at most should have gotten a reprimand from the company.
    Alex made his own bed. I'm not sure thats an issue of freedom of speech as much as much as an untreated bipolar who keeps scaring people who get in his face.

A&E hired a reality show family that don't hide their religion or feelings. And now want to fire the guy for acting like himself.

Seen this btw?

Guys with a lisp, make we question if a dick up their ass caused the sudden gay accent.
    I had a co-worker/friend a few years back with one of those lisps. He hated it as he was a very straight acting gay guy and people that didnt have a clue he was gay would tease him about it.

He reckons it's a real stereo type and some sort of proof about genetics being involved with being gay.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    I'll take RELIGION for $5,000 plus daily double Alex
    I have no doubt.

No bigger cancer to the human condition. It has held us back through every step of human history, and this exact conversation is no exception - it's actually proof.

Kill religion, see humans enter an age of enlightenment. You can't enter that age with the weight of religion holding people back.

Optional

I don't buy everyone is born gay. Some people may be born Gay, but others turn Gay later in life by choice.
    Can someone explain why it matters so much?

Shouldn't people be free to choose either way?

ChalkyDog

Also, as an aside, and a pet peeve.

Let everyone who reads this really grasp this. Liberal or Conservative alike.

When you try to make the argument for "freedom of speech" - realize corporations, people, nothing except for the government recognizes the right to "freedom of speech".

You ONLY have a "freedom of speech" issue when the government is acting to infringe.

READ: ONLY government.

I can not infringe on anyone's freedom of speech. A&E cannot infringe on anyone's freedom of speech. NOBODY except a government action can infringe on Freedom of Speech.

Freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly etc all follow the exact same thing.

/rant.

PAULYPOKER

Freedom of speech has it consequences........

Especially if you are employed by the entertainment industry......

action reaction

If what you say gets plastered through the media as a big negative you can bet your life on it that your employer will ax you in order remain positive......

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I buy what ever the homosexuals say

Did you buy this?

PAULYPOKER

WTF does lying about a receipt have to do with sexual identity?Lol

Straight people lie to kermy........

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Can someone explain why it matters so much?

Shouldn't people be free to choose either way?
    My ONLY real issue with Gay people is that I knew a girl that all of a sudden turned Gay, then straight then gay again and then undecided. This can get very frustrating, especially if you are friends with a Gay/Bi/undecided person. I found it very hard to carry on a normal working relationship with someone like that. It's like one day you are agreeing with them and the next day you have to lie and retract your feelings to appease them.

Kermit

WTF does lying about a receipt have to do with sexual identity?Lol

Straight people lie to kermy........
    You said that you believe what homosexuals have to say, and this homosexual used her sexual preference to her advantage. A straight person couldn't pull this off.

ChalkyDog

You said that you believe what homosexuals have to say, and this homosexual used her sexual preference to her advantage.
    Sounds like a woman to me.

Nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Bitches gonna bitch, no matter what. Straight bitch would have said she's a carpet muncher if it would benefit her.

Kermit

Sounds like a woman to me.

Nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Bitches gonna bitch, no matter what. Straight bitch would have said she's a carpet muncher if it would benefit her.
    Not if she was a known heterosexual. Only a Gay person could have pulled this scam off. Or at least tried to.

Kermit

I do agree though about women fukkng shit up and playing the "weak and defenseless" sympathy card to their advantage. I've seen that shit first hand many many times.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Kermit, girls! Can't live with them, and can't live without them. Am I right?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Kermit, girls! Can't live with them, and can't live without them. Am I right?
    Yes, you are correct. Just got to deal with some bullshit from time to time.

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Last time I checked the anus is tighter than a pussy

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by lunch View Post
    Last time I checked the anus is tighter than a pussy
    Depends on the orifice.

There are many a gay assholes that have been gaped*.

*I obviously have no clue, I just assume.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I actually agree with you. You can be gay from birth or by choice. Being gay is a sexual orientation just like being straight is. I know many a woman who dabbled with other women, but that was either a phase or just a thing. Doesn't make it any more or any less of a sexual orientation.

It's like I am in some weird time warp, when whites in the 60's (both 1800's and 1900's) couldn't understand why blacks should be treated the same as whites, in regard to the law or otherwise.

Are people really this mentally defunct that they can't wrap their head around such a simple concept? A concept that shouldn't even have to be taught.

As a matter of fact, I believe we are born understanding everyone is the same regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion or class. We learn to categorize them as we grow (categorization is a part of the human condition and evolution as posited by Nietzsche). Our prejudices are 100% taught. Time to relearn what is such a simple concept.
    I believe the term is called LUGs (Lesbians Until Graduation)

spiritocenty
    spiritocenty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

[QUOTE=ChalkyDog;20612272]
    If a queer is single, no credit.

If queers get married, credit.

Point being, they don't get special treatment. They get treated like everyone else.
    But they aren't engaging in the behavior the government is trying to reward, which is a family unit with offspring. A hetero single can get married to the opposite sex, but so can a homosexual single marry the opposite sex. Maybe neither wants to though. you can say hey they can adopt, which they will get the adoption credit for.

I'm having a hard time with understanding why people are having a hard time with this.

Queer Single = Straight single
    Queers Married = Straight married.

It's not difficult.
    I'm having a hard time understanding why you're having a hard time understanding it.
    Queer Single=Straight Single
    Queers married does not = Straight Married
    Most everyone does not care if gays want to live together, have a ceremony in the forest with butterflies all around, and live in a pink castle somewhere. There is no flipping way that a gay marriage should receive more benefits over straight single or head of household single parents. Heterosexual marriages in the eyes of the gov and the overwhelming majority of society are beneficial. Gay marriage doesn't do shit. You know what, say u were born dyslexic and never could do well in school. That's not fair because there's big benefits out there for education. Why not claim your expenses at Caesar's Palace while learning about probability. I mean fair is fair

Taxes throughout history, and our history have gone to pay for shit many people disagree with. Hell, my taxes go to paying politicians, continue the war on drugs, keep gambling illegal and funding a bullshit "war" on terror - on top of the NSA spying etc etc etc. All things I am vehemently opposed to. Why does the above logic not apply here?

American's have some serious issue with consistency when it applies to them.
    I was not talking about how our tax dollars are spent. Ur preaching to the choir there. i'm talking about who gets tax breaks and deductions

spiritocenty
    spiritocenty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

[QUOTE]
    Ok so why not if you choose to marry hetero you get the benefits, just like if you choose to buy a house or make charitable donations you get the benefits. If you choose not to, you don't get them

Well I guess that would mean straight singles don't have the same rights as straight married people. Once again, sure they have a choice to get married, but as you have made clear, gays have a choice in their sexuality also and could get married to the opposite sex.

It's such a tired position, the "oh you're backward and archaic because you don't share my progressive thinking". These are nowhere near new arguments, and have been won and lost many times over human history. Neither side is more progressive or modern

Yeah, we know, babies are stupid.
    I'm not sure why a blank slate is an optimal state in your opinion. Also, a lot of what a baby learns it learns on it's own, it isn't taught. it learns to become predjudiced against banging hard objects against it's head, biting it's fingers, sitting still doesn't get you places like crawling does, etc. As we become older we learn not to bother bees, don't fall down on cement, and don't eat dirt. What I'm saying is if our prejudices are taught, it isn't usually by other people, it's by mother nature through interactions with the world around us. If you want to criticize her then I'm not even going to try to reason with you about right and wrong.

It may seem like I'm picking on you chalky but it really bothers me that you have such disdain for people with a differing opinion. To say we are ignorant or stuck in a time warp is inaccurate. I'm not sure what is right or wrong because I have been on both sides of different issues in my life as a result of learning or "being taught" prejudices. I do enjoy trying to make points and reading the points of others though

Optional

'Duck Dynasty'

Didn't Want to Diss Gay Employees

By Keeping Phil on Show

12/21/2013 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Phil Robertson
    disrespected gay employees at A&E ... and THAT'S why he was sacked from "Duck Dynasty" ... sources connected with the network tell TMZ.

We're told A&E CEO Nancy Dubuc felt she could not in good conscience ask gay employees to kill themselves for a show when he disrespected them by calling them sinners.

Our sources say ... gay employees involved in the production -- and there are a number of them -- were outraged by Phil's comments to GQ and wanted Dubuc to give him the ax.

We're told Dubuc felt this way ... If Phil had made similar comments about African Americans or Jews ... there would have been a public outcry for his head. She felt it was just plain wrong not to have the same sense of indignation when the comments were directed at gays.

Our sources say GLAAD was heavily involved in lobbying the network to 86 Phil, and they had an impact.

As for TMZ's criticism that A&E knew full well what it was getting with Phil when they hired him ... as one source put it, "He just took it too far with GQ ... especially with the coarse language."

Our sources say A&E is adamant -- this has nothing to do with being "anti-religion." Fact is ... the network runs lots of religious programming, notably, Mark Burnett's "The Bible."

The CEO is paying the price. We're told she's been receiving death threats.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2o6Rks568

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

This thread is seriously wayward. This had nothing to with the government/ marriage/ first amendment rights.

This issue is about a man, his beliefs and the intolerant gay elitist. They welcome all views and respect everyone as long as you do not disagree with them. These gay activists are coming across badly here. They speak of tolerance and acceptance yet they cannot fathom how someone could have a belief (rooted in faith) that is so dissimilar from theirs.

Duck dynasty will take their immensely popular show and beliefs somewhere else.

First ... 2345