Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    30% of American citizens make under 10/hour
    Saw this number on Friday.
    47% of black teenagers are unemployed.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Hankwins View Post
    I like subway but purchase triple meat,s freaks them find odd, it's sandwich without.
    The meat sits out there all day though, if you get a sandwich there at say, 8:30pm, you are risking some type of stomach ailment.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Subway is corporate america..if he opened up a sub shop....he would be put out of business by corporate america in no time "aka subway"....you simply cant compete.....they are too well branded, too large of a scale...get things too cheap...can afford to fail and bounce back...sell false health to afat public looking for quick fixes....its the same reason you cant get a bad song out of your head....you hear it...now its stuck...you see subways..hear and see their commercials...read about all the pounds lost by eating it...and the convienience factor is huge...they are penetrating everywhere...hard to avoid ...like a bad song.....still in your head...sub still in peoples mouths...
    Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    Son, if you can make a sandwich like they do with the money you estimated for it to cost,

perhaps you should start doing business

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Subway is corporate america..if he opened up a sub shop....he would be put out of business by corporate america in no time "aka subway"....you simply cant compete.....they are too well branded, too large of a scale...get things too cheap...can afford to fail and bounce back...sell false health to afat public looking for quick fixes....its the same reason you cant get a bad song out of your head....you hear it...now its stuck...you see subways..hear and see their commercials...read about all the pounds lost by eating it...and the convienience factor is huge...they are penetrating everywhere...hard to avoid ...like a bad song.....still in your head...sub still in peoples mouths...
    that, or it just tastes better. I go into establishments like these once or twice a year, and the last time I went to mcdonalds was in 199something. People who want to eat that poop are sick in the head.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

If Democrats were bitching about how raising the current joke slave minimum wage and/or taxes would force them to quit "creating jobs" that pay slave wages I would be coming down on them as well. Romney and the Waltons (Wal-Mart) act like the 11% capital gains tax they make is crippling them and must be lowered or theyll be forced to quit creating all those great Wal-Mart job opportunities
    Do you understand there is a difference between Income taxes and Capital gains taxes?

Do you think Democrats really want to pay taxes? Have you ever been around rich democrats, worked in a tax office or seen them in action? Hint - they don't want to pay taxes either, most of them will do anything and everything to shield their money and not pay 1 cent more than they have to.

When you call minimum wage a slave wage it weakens your argument and makes you look ignorant.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Saw this number on Friday.
    47% of black teenagers are unemployed.
    Hell the miracle is that 53% of em are unemployed...guess ya cant have your 10 kids and apply for welfare til ur 18

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Root of the problem right here. People like OP look at the tiny part of the business model they understand (or think they do) and extrapolate wildly, ignoring all other costs and villifying the people who take the monsterous risk of starting their own business. Labor is a significant part of expenses for these businesses as well; there are numerous analyses with well-grounded math showing that paying these workers a middle-class wage would bankrupt the business. The market's pretty easy to understand: if a ton of people can do what you do, don't expect to get paid much for it; if you want to make more $$, develop a rarer or more demanded skill...or heaven forbid, take the collosal risk, stress and uncertainty that goes along with starting your own business.

I happen to enjoy Subway sandwiches, and their business model is successful for very good reasons (ingredients having little to do with that; if you think upselling bread and meat is that simple OP, try opening up your own shop). You're right that politicians of either party bragging about job creation are talking out of their asses and ignoring quality of jobs, but what both parties forget is that they have no ability to "create" jobs in the first place; all they can do is meddle in the short term and cause malinvestment in the long term which hinders the market and prosperity. Tragically, folks like the OP epitomize the deadly combination of ignorance and firm (unfounded) beliefs which perpetuate this meddling and carries us further down the road to ruin.
    Of course theres an initial investment in any business...60k franchise fee (since you're borrowing someone else's idea and brand name) + the little bit of equipment they have which is basically a bread oven, cash register, counter and seats (they get their toasters and drink machines for free bc they worked out a deal with their soft drink supplier...oh yea that reminds me that drink you paid 2 bucks for costs them about 10 cents for cup/drink) and of course basic overhead (rent/utilities/interest etc)...I mean this is so fuckin obvious to anyone that its not worth including...the fact you retards think I've overlooked the most standard fixed costs is funny. You idiots have no idea what kind of profit margins they are making at Subway...you've got worthless bread a few slices of meat and a coke and a slave makin 7.50/hr (enough to raise a small dog) and charging ppl 8 bucks+ a pop and have lines out the door bc fatties think that triple meat with 1500 calories is gonna give em a six-pack.

If you have a line out the door for 6+ dollar subs you're paying 60 cents to make you're going to make a fukin killing beyond your initial investment (which for Subways is considered very minor in the restaurant industry considering the stores are only like 1000 sq ft) and overhead...yet the order of the day is to reward your employees for making you rich by offering slave wages with no benefits and bragging about your great gift to society in the form of job creation and how it will all come crashing down if they raise taxes or minimum wage or require employers to provide health insurance. Having the state subsidize your business by having all your employees on welfare is NOT an acceptable business model although profitable and NOT the kind of job creation anyone should be bragging about

The US is being turned into a welfare state as this is the only job creation going on...in fact I would consider it more of a job exchange as we exchange decent paying manufacturing jobs for slave wage paying service jobs.

But brag on Republicans...that 8/hour you offer just filled somebodys gas tank and fed their goldfish
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-06-13 at 01:30 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Hey dont forget....with each 8 hour shift they get 1 free 6" sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course theres an initial investment in any business...60k franchise fee (since you're borrowing someone else's idea and brand name) + the little bit of equipment they have which is basically a bread oven, cash register, counter and seats (they get their toasters and drink machines for free bc they worked out a deal with their soft drink supplier...oh yea that reminds me that drink you paid 2 bucks for costs them about 10 cents for cup/drink) and of course basic overhead (rent/utilities/interest etc)...I mean this is so fuckin obvious to anyone that its not worth including...the fact you retards think I've overlooked the most standard fixed costs is funny. You idiots have no idea what kind of profit margins they are making at Subway...you've got worthless bread a few slices of meat and a coke and a slave makin 7.50/hr (enough to raise a small dog) and charging ppl 8 bucks+ a pop and have lines out the door bc fatties think that triple meat with 1500 calories is gonna give em a six-pack.

If you have a line out the door for 6+ dollar subs you're paying 60 cents to make you're going to make a fukin killing beyond your initial investment (which for Subways is considered very minor in the restaurant industry considering the stores are only like 1000 sq ft) and overhead...yet the order of the day is to reward your employees for making you rich by offering slave wages with no benefits and bragging about your great gift to society in the form of job creation and how it will all come crashing down if they raise taxes or minimum wage or require employers to provide health insurance. Having the state subsidize your business by having all your employees on welfare is NOT an acceptable business model although profitable and NOT the kind of job creation anyone should be bragging about

The US is being turned into a welfare state as this is the only job creation going on...in fact I would consider it more of a job exchange as we exchange decent paying manufacturing jobs for slave wage paying service jobs.

But brag on Republicans...that 8/hour you offer just filled somebodys gas tank and fed their goldfish

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

60 cents for the ingredients to produce a foot long sub? Do you live in 1980? You're off by a factor of about 3.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    60 cents for the ingredients to produce a foot long sub? Do you live in 1980? You're off by a factor of about 3.
    They make their own bread, buy enormous cheese and meat blocks....how much does yeast, a couple ounces of cheese and a few slices of meat go for these days? Even if your #s are correct and you buy an 8 dollar sandwich/coke that they've invested under 2 bucks...I like those #s

Compare this to McDs where their McDouble's and drinks go for a buck a piece...Subway's profit margins are amazingly high...their wages of course exactly on par with all the other big job creators (Walmart/McDs/Burger King etc)

Also the initial franchise fee is only 15k and initial startup investment can be as low as 80k according to Subway.com...the only amazingly high cost is the 12.5% Subway corp receives on gross sales (8% royalty 4.5% advertising), thus when you buy and 8 dollar footlong/coke a dollar goes to Subway...approx 2.50 goes to the vendors/fixed costs...4.30 profit goes to the franchisee for golfing and .20 goes to the employees that run the store

$$$$$

I create jobs....but if you force me to pay .30 a sandwich in labor costs instead of .20 YOU'RE ****** BITCH!

Also I realize now why Subway corp has never gone public...when you're gettin .48 for every 6 dollar sub made just to provide blueprints and advertising you dont really want to chop that up with outside investors
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-06-13 at 07:13 PM.

C-Gold

You need to stop being ignorant and pick and choose your battles.

Jobs at Mcdonalds, Subway and Wal-Mart are always going to have low pay. You can't legislate prosperity to the people that work there. You flat out can't. It's never going to happen. McDonalds workers will never make 15 or 20 bucks per hour adjust for inflation.

If 16 year old kids made a "liveable" wage for clipping tickets at the movies then nobody would have motivation to start a business, go to school, or take a real mans job.

If you are working at Mcdonalds you know the deal. They know they aren't going to get rich. Most of them are happy to work in America as opposed to starving in Mexico or Guatemala.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    You need to stop being ignorant and pick and choose your battles.

Jobs at Mcdonalds, Subway and Wal-Mart are always going to have low pay. You can't legislate prosperity to the people that work there. You flat out can't. It's never going to happen. McDonalds workers will never make 15 or 20 bucks per hour adjust for inflation.

If 16 year old kids made a "liveable" wage for clipping tickets at the movies then nobody would have motivation to start a business, go to school, or take a real mans job.

If you are working at Mcdonalds you know the deal. They know they aren't going to get rich. Most of them are happy to work in America as opposed to starving in Mexico or Guatemala.
    Yes bc there's so many 16 year olds working at Walmart isnt there

Sad when you need to draw comparisons to Mexico and Guatemala to get a positive picture of our economy...throw in Haiti and Somalia and we'll look real good...lets just keep the US above those high standards and this country will be a great place to live

Let's just keep lowering our standards lower and lower and lower so that the service and retail corporations (currently about the only job creators left) can make more and more money with a higher and higher (already 30%) of the population making single digits an hour we'll have a bright future ahead

A friend of mine applied for a job recently at the local utility company...I think the job paid like 35k a year to start and he was called in for an interview and was excited to be getting a decent job interview...he arrived with 150 other interviewees and then they ended up promoting from within anyway. Unemployment rates for the good jobs are unbelievably high...unemployment rates for the single digit an hour jobs which they are creating allover the place are very low which is why they are always hiring despite the economy being in the tank.

Your suggestion that I "get motivated" and throw in with the slavers and start my own business creating low paying jobs has merit and while that might line my pockets again I dont think its a great sign for the overall economy when this is the only way to make a buck.
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-06-13 at 08:00 PM.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

With the gaping holes in your assessment of their business model, I'm not prepared to rule out that you might not be aware of these fairly basic things. Having done the research and speaking with several owners while looking into opening up a Subway, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you haven't done the same. Instead of goign through the undoubtedly painful exercise of thinking this through and realizing that the entire economy dictates what these people are paid (including the "slave laborers" themselves when they buy from any institution that employs other "slave laborers"), you insist on believing the fairy tail propogated by both parties, that the government can legislate prosperity.

The fact that you continually drag Republicans into this pegs you as one of the people who simply enjoys the false self-righteousness that comes with vocally arguing for your (mistaken) beliefs and doing so loudly enough to prevent any accidental education on your part. If you ever want a crash course in reality, try operating a business instead of just shopping at them and trying to be an armchair entrepeneur. Here's your first lesson: you won't get very far if the only idea you have is to complain about how other people's (working) ideas aren't as fair/ideal as you'd like them to be.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Foxx

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Togos > Subway

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

Curious here in germany Subway owners often end up broken. I have to admit this so called bread probably concocted in some chemistry lab is awful.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by OnkelChris View Post
    Curious here in germany Subway owners often end up broken. I have to admit this so called bread probably concocted in some chemistry lab is awful.
    The fatties with no self-control in America have been brainwashed by constant "Jared" commercials to think they can eat anything with a Subway logo on it and lose weight....see Jared never explains that he was eatin fukin veggie subs for years (aka the homeless man's special) with no oil or cheese or mayo everyday and Subway never bothered to put it in any of their commercials so ppl just figure if they buy their roast beef with extra cheese at Subway instead of Arby's they're eatin healthy. Meanwhile Jared coulda just bought a loaf of bread and a bag of tomatoes for 10 bucks and made his own fukin sandwiches but apparently Subway makes the best tomatoes so he decided to blow 400 bucks a month on their subs instead, clearly this type of thinking Subway likes and is why he's now their spokesperson.

Honey I went to Subway for dinner Im trying to lose weight whered you go?

Arbys

Fukin unbelievable Im out here trying to lose weight and get in shape while you're eatin that fast food garbage

So what did you get at Subway?

Roast beef sub, whatd you get at Arbys?

Same thing

No you didnt I bought a SUBWAY Roast Beef fatso!
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-07-13 at 08:10 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

C-Gold

Yes bc there's so many 16 year olds working at Walmart isnt there

Sad when you need to draw comparisons to Mexico and Guatemala to get a positive picture of our economy...throw in Haiti and Somalia and we'll look real good...lets just keep the US above those high standards and this country will be a great place to live

Let's just keep lowering our standards lower and lower and lower so that the service and retail corporations (currently about the only job creators left) can make more and more money with a higher and higher (already 30%) of the population making single digits an hour we'll have a bright future ahead

A friend of mine applied for a job recently at the local utility company...I think the job paid like 35k a year to start and he was called in for an interview and was excited to be getting a decent job interview...he arrived with 150 other interviewees and then they ended up promoting from within anyway. Unemployment rates for the good jobs are unbelievably high...unemployment rates for the single digit an hour jobs which they are creating allover the place are very low which is why they are always hiring despite the economy being in the tank.

Your suggestion that I "get motivated" and throw in with the slavers and start my own business creating low paying jobs has merit and while that might line my pockets again I dont think its a great sign for the overall economy when this is the only way to make a buck.
    You still never answered from above, I don't think you understand the difference between Income taxes and Capital gains taxes.

Unemployment rates for good jobs are high. I am not going to blame 1 person but President Obama has been an absolute disaster. It's the 1970's all over again but I'd argue it's worse this time with Obama than Carter. Even the shit jobs are cutting back in hours for people so they don't have to pay for Obamacare. Another unintended consequence from a community organizer who can't think things through.

So here we are with 5 years of Obama, we've had a liberal supreme court and we've had a divided legislature and you want to complain about Republicans? What are you 21 years old or something and haven't lived in the real world?

The point being that if you work at the movies, Mcdonalds, subway, or Wal-mart you know what the deal is. It's a job that pretty much anybody can do so you aren't going to be paid very highly. It's always going to be like that. You can't make Mcdonalds pay the guy who scoops fries from the try into the package 20 bucks per hour. Those businesses would be destroyed.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

What are you 21 years old or something and haven't lived in the real world?
    Too jaded for 21. Sounds more like a mid-twenties college grad with a useless degree and a chip on his shoulder because he can't find a job that pays more than $9/hr and needs someone to blame.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

I have nominated this thread for the "Most Worthless of the Year" to the Forums of America Organization.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Too jaded for 21. Sounds more like a mid-twenties college grad with a useless degree and a chip on his shoulder because he can't find a job that pays more than $9/hr and needs someone to blame.
    That's why he hates Subway so much. I haven't seen him rant against Starbucks yet.

He's 24
    White
    Grew up middle class
    Lives in NJ? Somewhere in the North East
    Majored in English/Psychology/Sociology/Government
    Thinks he is smart
    Has no skills
    Guaranteed to make under 15 bucks per hour which pisses him off because he thinks he is smart but doesn't realize he has no skills
    He has an Obama Hope and Change picture on his wall
    After all of his poor choices he wants to blame his problems on Mitt Romney

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's why he hates Subway so much. I haven't seen him rant against Starbucks yet.

He's 24
    White
    Grew up middle class
    Lives in NJ? Somewhere in the North East
    Majored in English/Psychology/Sociology/Government
    Thinks he is smart
    Has no skills
    Guaranteed to make under 15 bucks per hour which pisses him off because he thinks he is smart but doesn't realize he has no skills
    He has an Obama Hope and Change picture on his wall
    After all of his poor choices he wants to blame his problems on Mitt Romney

First 12