The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

What is the purpose of life?

I have pondered this question for a long time. Never came up with an acceptable answer.

And then I rememered a story my pastor used to tell regularly. It's about a kid walking down a street. He sees a guy sitting on a porch with a dog. So the kid approaches the man and says "Hel Pal, does your dog bite?" The man says "Nope!" So the kid reaches down to pet the dog and the dog bites him. The kid says "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite?" The man answers "that ain't my dog".

The point being you've got to ask the right questions.

So I was in the shower the other day pondering the point to life. What's our purpose when in became clear, I was asking the wrong fukking question.

I had been asking Whats the point/purpose to life? For that question I don't believe there is an acceptable answer.

I then asked myself "Whats the point to MY life?" and it became a much more clear question. One that I still haven't answered but I'm a lot closer now than I was a few months ago. Now I think I'm asking the right question. What is the point of my life? What's my purpose?

I'm not sure yet but I know it doesn't involve SBR much longer. I've enjoyed SBR for around 6 months now but I know my future lies elsewhere.

Gentelemen don't be that guy that gets bit by the dog. Ask the right quetions.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dodger33

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

have fun, be legit, be remembered

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

The purpose of life is to survive and have sex. People never feel satisfied with this answer because the whole world has become complicated. There has to be more, they'll say. However, there's a reason we are all wired to fullfil our basic needs and want to have sex.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    have fun, be legit, be remembered
    Having fun is certainly part of it. I fear more than anything that on my deaths bed I will wish I did more. Spent more time at the beach and less time in the office. Socialized more and SBR'd less. RM, you're entire post is a good quote my man.

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    The purpose of life is to survive and have sex. People never feel satisfied with this answer because the whole world has become complicated. There has to be more, they'll say. However, there's a reason we are all wired to fullfil our basic needs and want to have sex.
    Higher I understand your reasoning and logic but that can't be it for me. Because many people die young accomplish so much more in their life than grandmas and grandpas infiltrating nursing homes as I type this. It can't be just about surviving. At least not for me. I could care less how long I live as long as I get the most out of the time I have here. Some people don't enjoy sex. They'd rather not be intimate. For them, their life purpose has to be something else. Fortunately for me, I'm not one of them. I enjoy it frequently.

High3rEl3m3nt

If every human struggled to survive, which is a full-time gig, they wouldn't have the luxury to ponder these questions. They'd know. Every year, myself and my brothers surive out in the wild for 5-7 days near Mt. St. Helens. Around day 3, things get real and most of our days are spent trying to make it. Between hunting down snakes, frogs, fern roots, and maybe a small fish or two, and then there's gathering fuel, building and improving our shelter, there's little time and energy to spend on anything else. The whole point of me saying this is that if we lived year-round in a similar state, we would all know what life's all about. The problem is life's meaning has become obscured because we have become too efficient and we now have luxuries that our earliest ancestors could never have dreamed possible. We have excelled to the point that life must mean something more, because we take what it's really about for granted. Next thing you know, 10 different religions are created.

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

It's to gamble

The Kraken

Higherelement, you're on a higherlevel. Surviving in the wilderness for 7 days by hunting frogs and snakes would be fun. Not easy but fun. At least satisfying. I understand your point a little better now.

But what about the sex? You're out there with your brothers? How does that factor in?

But it still isn't the answer to what I'm looking for. Because we live in a different world. If I had to survive off of frogs and snakes and their was no McDonalds 1/4 mile from my house, then yes, survival would be at the top of my list. As it is, I'm going to survive, at least long enough to have a heart attack. I won't be dying from hunger or dehydration anytime soon.

So for me, survival isn't it. I've seen hundreds of people die. I've seen them suffer for months and months. Their last months of life. And they suffer. Tubes in their nose for nutrition, tubes in their penis, tubes in the throat, tubes in their stomach, tubes in their butt. But they're surviving. Fukk that.

I envy those bright shining stars that get the most out of life everyday and never end up experiencing the above. Even if it means not surviving.

So for me, in the world I live in and given my life experiences, it's more about maximizing my experiences in the time I have. Getting the most out of my time and my life. Only I can answer how to go about it.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

There is no purpose to life.

You live. You die. The end.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

High3rEl3m3nt

it's not fun by day 3, but yah it offers everyone some clarity on the purpose of life. Believe it or not, sex still factors in lol. Before day 3, convo usually comes up about what chick we wish would have done and shit like that. Brothers start bragging about the chicks they've bagged and we all try to one up each other, which will cue my threesome story, which was highly highly overrated--though I'd never let them know.

The point is we live in a different world, but we are the same people. The only thing that has changed is the environment. I guarantee that if you were to join one of my wilderness excursions, you would be surprised at how fast your point of view and understanding of what's what changes to suit your environment. We call it surviving, but our ancestors called it living. The people that you mentioned would never have a prayer of getting to that physical state if things were to play out as they originally intended. The reason so many people today die of horrible things is because they're able to live long enough for them to occur. We don't have to go all that far back in history to periods when an average person's life expectancy is nearly half of what many people experience today. Things have only become very complicated because humans have become so efficient at carrying out the purpose of life.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

kraken do you work in a nursing home or hospice facility?

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Higherelement nailed it

The purpose of life as a human is to survive and replicate. Just like any other organism on this planet. We all do what we can to increase our chances of surviving and replicating.

People go to school so they can provide for themselves
    People live in homes with heating and insulation to protect from harsh conditions
    People go to the gym, get surgery, take steroids, use make-up, etc to increase reproductive power

Every human action can be put in terms of survival/replication

Stop trying to find meaning in life because there is none.

Stimulate yourself and reproduce as much as possible before you die, that's all you can do.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    kraken do you work in a nursing home or hospice facility?
    God no. I could never personally work in a nursing home. Hospice maybe, but not a nursing home. Most of my time was spent in a trauma ICU. Then a cardiac ICU. Briefly in ER's. It was in the ICU's that I began realizing my own mortality and began questioning what I most wanted out of life and how to obtain it. I'm still struggling with the answers. Sometimes I wish I meee a compass to point me in the right direction matey.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 07-30-12 at 01:49 AM.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    it's not fun by day 3, but yah it offers everyone some clarity on the purpose of life. Believe it or not, sex still factors in lol. Before day 3, convo usually comes up about what chick we wish would have done and shit like that. Brothers start bragging about the chicks they've bagged and we all try to one up each other, which will cue my threesome story, which was highly highly overrated--though I'd never let them know.

The point is we live in a different world, but we are the same people. The only thing that has changed is the environment. I guarantee that if you were to join one of my wilderness excursions, you would be surprised at how fast your point of view and understanding of what's what changes to suit your environment. We call it surviving, but our ancestors called it living. The people that you mentioned would never have a prayer of getting to that physical state if things were to play out as they originally intended. The reason so many people today die of horrible things is because they're able to live long enough for them to occur. We don't have to go all that far back in history to periods when an average person's life expectancy is nearly half of what many people experience today. Things have only become very complicated because humans have become so efficient at carrying out the purpose of life.
    Good post higher. I bet your trips are full of good stories and good times. Having had two brothers I can relate. We used to pick out lakes that were about a 5 or 6 hours trip from home and go camping. We never did anything like you but it was a blast nonetheless. I miss those times. We once decided to pack up a van and drive from Oklahoma to California and we were gone less than an hour later. Stayed out there for two weeks. We camped out in front of Jay Lenos studios for Hanson tickets (being from Oklahoma and all). We were lucky enough to get two tickets which basically subsidized 1 week of our vacation. We would eat $0.39 hamburgers from some mcd's in Los Angeles. They tasted like frogs and snakes, so I can relate. We also crashed a celebs wedding by wearing shorts and hawaiian shirts and telling the security guards at the gate that we were the entertainment

Anyways, I've lost track of what my point. I tend to ramble at certain times during the day, for varying reasons. But I think I agree most with MonkeyFocker. I don't know if I believe there's an all encompassing purpose to life. 100 years ago, ya, survival. But I just can't get past the fact that these days we are keeping people alive for so long, well beyond their "enjoyable" years. So survival has changed. Like you said HIgher, back in the day we humans didn't even have half the life span we have today. Every day counted. EVery minute counted.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monkey was actually correct for once.

High, I would read your insightful comments but they are too long. And as a famous NWA said, "Life is too short"

Kraken, why not join me on God's mission on educating liberals about the savagery of savages? You will save innocent liberal lives in the process and lower the crime rate.

JOIN ME!!!

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Higherelement nailed it

The purpose of life as a human is to survive and replicate. Just like any other organism on this planet. We all do what we can to increase our chances of surviving and replicating.

People go to school so they can provide for themselves
    People live in homes with heating and insulation to protect from harsh conditions
    People go to the gym, get surgery, take steroids, use make-up, etc to increase reproductive power

Every human action can be put in terms of survival/replication

Stop trying to find meaning in life because there is none.

Stimulate yourself and reproduce as much as possible before you die, that's all you can do.
    Rich, I disagree pretty strongly with your points. First, replication is means of survival for a species. However, people are born gay. They do not choose it. So how is replication a relevant purpose to THEIR life (not our species). Second, at some point, through the means of replication, we will have too many organisms walking the face of the earth. Too many mouths to feed. So it can't be replication. There has to be a point where we become over-populated and replication/reproduction actually becomes detrimental to the gander.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    There has to be a point where we become over-populated and replication/reproduction actually becomes detrimental to the gander.
    It already has.

baskets

High, are you saying the point of life is to be like a rabbit?

<center></center>

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

If you view this from your animal instinct, the purpose of life is that pleasure is good and pain is bad.

The purpose of life is not about finding yourself, the purpose of life is about creating yourself.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    High, are you saying the point of life is to be like a rabbit?

<center></center>
    Baskets showing pics of his mom again. Usually she has 6 black dicks in her.

Purpose of life is to enjoy it and take care of your family and friends.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Whatever you decide it is, on your deathbed you'll probably realize it's something else.

baskets

Grits, I am a human being.

You are not.

Do you doubt this?

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Megagenius.com, I found it extremely valuable.
    I can upload the lectures if desired
    Last edited by Winner_13; 07-30-12 at 02:17 AM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Grits, I am a human being.

You are not.

Do you doubt this?
    You are the byproduct of a bag of dicks. You want to run your little subtle racist comments, go right ahead if it makes you feel better about your sorry excuse of a life. The world began in Africa and original humans were black. So either you are a test tube baby or descended from blacks. Now go to bed son.

baskets

Grits, you are so stupid it's funny. All the evidence in the world in front of you and you can't see the light.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The purpose of life is to have balance................

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Great post and thread... I still fall back to the old clichéd "to love and be loved". Seems that on your deathbed that is what will really matter.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Odds we will stumble upon the correct answer in this thread in a gambling forum +550765

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

There is no purpose, the fact that life has evolved on earth, in my opinion, is nothing more than a fluke of science in that the right conditions happened to come together and life was born.

With this in mind, I see no point in worrying about the purpose of it all and just do my best to try to enjoy life as much as I can...

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

The universe will grow cold. It was all a dream. Get your d i c k wet while you can.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

higherelement is a fukkin wack job guys....dont fuk with him!

i have a feeling this guy would eat your fukkin heart out if it came down to it

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Ever sit and watch ants run around or take up bird watching...well thats what we are to the aliens who made us and pop in now and then to give us new toys to play with for their enjoyment.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Grits, you are so stupid it's funny. All the evidence in the world in front of you and you can't see the light.
    Show it and prove it bukkake baby.

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    higherelement is a fukkin wack job guys....dont fuk with him!

i have a feeling this guy would eat your fukkin heart out if it came down to it
    Your read on me is uncanny. I have feasted on the heart of bear and cougar...I believe I posted pics on SBR.

My brothers and I are sick people. We host wilderness versions of the movie Hostel. Part of our fun is inviting people who do not handle well in the outdoors. We unecessarily cross rivers (upper Lewis River) just to see if our guests will make it. The more hesitant you are, the more likely you'll get swept downstream--and non-outdoor people are very hesitant.

My brother is a psychologist and you should see the twinkle in his eye when he observes a guest breaking down mentally. On several occasions we have made hardened men cry. It usually starts with my psychologist brother planting a seed based upon our guest's fear or worry. It's amazing how well he'll pull off mental judo moves...problem is, once he nearly destroys a guest, they become a hellava liability and then we all have to try to console the person, which is not easy to do on little food and little sleep.

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Read War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy...Has all the answers.

eroger92
    eroger92's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you seek Jesus, you will find Him. Pray for Jesus to come into your heart and He will. He loves us so much. He will forgive you for all your sins. Jesus is all about love. Once Jesus comes into your heart, your whole life will change for the better. Heaven and Hell are real. Repent now, so you will make it to heaven and live with Jesus.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paranoyd androyd

12 Last