VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    for every philosophy pick you nail next year....just run 3 miles...... you should be 150 in no time that way
    I'd do this for deadbolt picks, but I'd die of exhaustion

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

usckingsfan31, hate to be the one to tell you this, but unless you are going for mini gastric bypass, you do not have a shot in hell at losing 100lbs in 12 months.

what makes you think you can change a lifetime of bad habits at the drop of a dime?

not going to happen, shit your first post from texas was about eating at Wendy's.

god bless.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    usckingsfan31, hate to be the one to tell you this, but unless you are going for mini gastric bypass, you do not have a shot in hell at losing 100lbs in 12 months.

what makes you think you can change a lifetime of bad habits at the drop of a dime?

not going to happen, shit your first post from texas was about eating at Wendy's.

god bless.
    God Bless 5teamer, God Bless.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post

god bless.
    This was a fuking great post lol ............

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I'm feeling it guys, doing a little workout routine 3 times a day and eating healthy has me feeling like a new man. I'm not exactly sure where I want to get to weigh wise, but I know I want to stay at least in the 200's. Maybe 205-210 would be good for a 5'11/6'0 guy

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I'm feeling it guys, doing a little workout routine 3 times a day and eating healthy has me feeling like a new man. I'm not exactly sure where I want to get to weigh wise, but I know I want to stay at least in the 200's. Maybe 205-210 would be good for a 5'11/6'0 guy
    Glad to hear it man, keep up the good work

TPowell

I looked it up out of curiousity and the "right" weight for a 5'10 male is 186 pounds. That seems ridicoulous to me. IMO that is ****ed up as hell. At 186, I think I would look like a ****ing rail

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck, Dave. 100 in a year is certainly setting the bar high.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Update #1

STARTING DATE: February 16, 2009

TODAY'S DATE
    : March 1, 2009

GOAL: 100 Pounds in 365 Days

DAYS LEFT TO GO
    : 352

POUNDS LOST: 16.4

POUNDS LEFT TO GO: 83.6

16.4 pounds lost in 13 days!

I wish it kept falling off at this rate .

It hasn't been easy, but I'm really proud of myself so far, living out here alone and the stress of moving and unpacking would be an easy excuse to splurge, but I've been very disciplined.

Keep fighting the good fight!

TPowell

I've lost around 11 pounds in the past 3 weeks as well, keep it up Dave! In theory, you should be able to lose the 8 or 9 pounds a month, but eventually it would plateau I'd think? Either way, keep it up!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

I've lost around 11 pounds in the past 3 weeks as well, keep it up Dave! In theory, you should be able to lose the 8 or 9 pounds a month, but eventually it would plateau I'd think? Either way, keep it up!
    Thanks T!

It definitely slows down, and the healthy rate (especially for keeping it off long term) is about 1 to 2 pounds a week (4 - 8 lbs a month).

When you are very overweight and eating noting but fast food and junk though, obviously you will lose a lot faster than that in the beginning as your body adjusts to *not* being so fat and lazy. Needless to say my pound-a-day average will not continue, but I'm now averaged out to where I need to lose 1.66 lbs a week for the next 50 weeks, which I think is manageable*

*assuming that I stay the course. Oftentimes around holidays and what not, people fall off the wagon. I have to be perfect and not allow things like family/friends visiting or holidays to become excuses to splurge.

TPowell

yeah, I think the harder it is to lose weight the more you should be happy with your current weight (as long as you are realistically trying to lose weight). Cutting out fast food has def. been one of the major reasons, but I've been drinking nothing but water lately and I think that is the biggest reason for the weight loss because I use to drink around 4-5 cokes a day. I work out every day now and do my workout in reps of 2. I do preacher curls and regular curls twice a day (25 each set). I've noticed a huge change in how tight my biceps are now. Also, I've been going crazy with crunces and the bicycle excerise

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

yeah, I think the harder it is to lose weight the more you should be happy with your current weight (as long as you are realistically trying to lose weight). Cutting out fast food has def. been one of the major reasons, but I've been drinking nothing but water lately and I think that is the biggest reason for the weight loss because I use to drink around 4-5 cokes a day. I work out every day now and do my workout in reps of 2. I do preacher curls and regular curls twice a day (25 each set). I've noticed a huge change in how tight my biceps are now. Also, I've been going crazy with crunces and the bicycle excerise
    That's really great man, it sounds like you are really committed! I haven't been working out yet, just eating healthy, though hopefully I'll get on a workout plan soon.

Remember that with all the exercise you are doing the number will go down slower, but that is because muscle weighs more than fat, and you are solidifying! Much more important than the number is how you look and feel, and like you said you can notice the difference, that is excellent. Keep it up .

TPowell

yeah Dave, thats been the shocking part to me. I've dropped at least 10 pounds this month but I've been really hitting the weights pretty hard too. I've been running off and on for the last 2 weeks. I usually try for a 2 mile clip in 10 minutes. I know the distance is off, but a fast paced jog (in place) for 10 minutes has to be decent cardio I'd think. I cant wait until this summer to see where I'm at. I'm hoping that a little better physique will make college coaches look at me harder because I really want to play college golf next year.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

yeah Dave, thats been the shocking part to me. I've dropped at least 10 pounds this month but I've been really hitting the weights pretty hard too. I've been running off and on for the last 2 weeks. I usually try for a 2 mile clip in 10 minutes. I know the distance is off, but a fast paced jog (in place) for 10 minutes has to be decent cardio I'd think. I cant wait until this summer to see where I'm at. I'm hoping that a little better physique will make college coaches look at me harder because I really want to play college golf next year.
    Sounds like you will be fine with this great work ethic .

The only bit of advice that I've read (and makes sense as well) is don't work yourself TOO hard. Not only does not giving your muscles time to re-coop slow effectiveness, but you are also more likely to burn out.

Sounds like you are still pretty energized about it though, so it doesn't sound like a problem. Just remember it is a marathon, not a sprint!

RogueJuror
    RogueJuror's Avatar Become A Pro!

dave how much have you lost so far?

TPowell

yeah lol its hard not to work too hard sometimes when you get pissed off. I usually lift in the afternoon and then right before I go to bed. I havent woke up sore with this routine yet but its still a grind to get it done so I think its about right

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by RogueJuror View Post
    dave how much have you lost so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasDave View Post

TODAY'S DATE
    : March 1, 2009

DAYS LEFT TO GO
    : 352

POUNDS LOST: 16.4

POUNDS LEFT TO GO: 83.6

16.4 pounds lost in 13 days!

I wish it kept falling off at this rate .

It hasn't been easy, but I'm really proud of myself so far, living out here alone and the stress of moving and unpacking would be an easy excuse to splurge, but I've been very disciplined.

Keep fighting the good fight!

RogueJuror

16 in two weeks that's great man

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

16 in two weeks that's great man
    Thanks buddy

It is only going to get harder from here, but hoping for continued success!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Update #2

TODAY'S DATE
    : March 16, 2009

DAYS ON DIET
    : 28

DAYS LEFT TO GO
    : 337

POUNDS LOST: 24.2

POUNDS LEFT TO GO: 75.8

Been a tough 1st month trying to settle in to a new place and avoid all the delicious food out here, but so far so good!

76 pounds in 11 months sounds a lot less daunting then 100 pounds in 12 months

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Wow Dave keep up the good work!

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dave made it

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Thanks guys

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

dave buy an elliptical machine and wireless headphones.

put the elliptical in front of the tv, and hook up the headphones to the tv.

anytime you watch tv, force yourself to exercise. works good for a ball game or movie.

maybe get some speech to text software so you can exercise and post on the forum at the same time.

good luck

RogueJuror

Dave you feeling more energetic with the weight lost?

I mean physically.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Dave you feeling more energetic with the weight lost?

I mean physically.
    Well on top of losing the weight I've been taking a daily multivitamin since March 1st and have also been drinking a glass of V8 every night as well to get some vegetables in my system.

I don't know that I'm more energetic per se as I don't really do much that requires energy... but I have noticed I am breathing a lot better. I don't get winded jogging up the flight of stairs to my apartment or when I walk a long distance anymore.

Still a good 30 to 40 pounds from my "playing weight" though. Once I get down to that I plan on becoming more active... too much strain on the back and knees when you try being athletic as a fat ass

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Good work Dave. I am walking a lot and it feels good.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Good job dave stay out of the pizza place

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Good job dave stay out of the pizza place
    I've only had one cheat day... it has been a brutal stretch.

Hard to go from eating 3 to 4 fast food meals a day to TV dinners and grilled chicken.

RogueJuror

Next step is learning how to cook so you can get rid of that prepackaged meals.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Next step is learning how to cook so you can get rid of that prepackaged meals.
    Agreed, I don't enjoy them much at all. But boring is good. I know all of the nutritional values of the meals that I eat...

- Chipotle Burrito Bol (no tortilla) w/ rice, black beans, chicken, corn, salsa, lettuce, cheese.
    - Subway Oven Roasted Chicken Sandwich on wheat w/ cheese, lettuce, green pepper, onion, jalepenos, fat-free honey mustard
    - TV Dinners (values on box)
    - Sushi (California Roll, Eel Roll, Spicy Tuna)
    - Grilled Chicken

That's really about all I eat. TV Dinner for lunch, one of these things for dinner. Very boring and I'm sure most people would get sick of it, but I find it much easier to do it this way.

RogueJuror

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Matt Rain
    Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

So mean, Rogatien.

God that looks tasty.

First 123456 ... Last