VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lose 100 Pounds in One Year?

Going to make a very real attempt at this.

Was going to start in March, but sick of making excuses. Lets get this done. Bring on the support and criticism.

Also, if you have some sort of personal goal you want to reach as well, and you want to make it public, feel free to use this thread as well.

Going to copy and paste this format with updates once a month or so.

STARTING DATE: February 16, 2009

TODAY'S DATE
    : February 16, 2009

GOAL: 100 Pounds in 365 Days

DAYS LEFT TO GO
    : 365

POUNDS LOST: 0

POUNDS LEFT TO GO: 100

More important than the number is just eating healthy and looking and feeling better. Even if I don't hit 100, if I'm actively trying I'll be happy.

Here goes nothing
    Last edited by VegasDave; 02-16-09 at 01:35 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot, it is FEBRUARY, not March.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Don't weigh yourself too often Dave, how often are you planning to do that?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Dave I'm with ya pal. Have been working out pretty hard and COMPLETELY avoding fast food and sodas for a week now. How much you weigh now?

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDave View Post
    Bring on the support and criticism.
    You know the shit that goes round here. You open yourself to the board, you open yourself to whatever is thrown back at you.

That aside, the best of luck. Honestly. Take it slow and steady. However, two pieces of advice - cut out the burgers & fries and don't take dieting advice from CrazyL.

TPowell

by the way Dave, I was a straight up insomniac but after cutting out soda, fast food, and sweets, I sleep like a baby at night and feel much better! I wish I would have started a while back to be honest.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Don't weigh yourself too often Dave, how often are you planning to do that?
    Great bit of advice here. In the past I've always weighed myself like every day, which can be exceptionally discouraging when you have 3 or 4 "great days" and lose nothing.

Either weighing myself once or twice a month, haven't decided yet. But no more than twice. I will put my scale up in the closet on non-weigh-in days.

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Dave I'm with ya pal. Have been working out pretty hard and COMPLETELY avoding fast food and sodas for a week now. How much you weigh now?
    Good luck buddy! Must have been a brutal week but I'm sure you feel all the better for it!

I'd rather not mention my starting weight. SBR has enough fun poking fun of how fat I am without the actual number.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Start masterbate more to the girl or previous ones in your avatar more often...Double or triple the masterbation system.. hitting 99% all time...now that's a lock..

TPowell

Dave, go ahead pal

I was 6'0, 245 pounds with shoes and regular clothes on. I'm down to 238 with shorts and no shoes now.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by SportNut View Post
    Start masterbate more to the girl or previous ones in your avatar more often...Double or triple the masterbation system.. hitting 99% all time...now that's a lock..
    That works too.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

March 16? just get your ass to groovin with the oldies, or some shit, and let us know when you start looking like Richard Simmons.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax View Post
    You know the shit that goes round here. You open yourself to the board, you open yourself to whatever is thrown back at you.

That aside, the best of luck. Honestly. Take it slow and steady. However, two pieces of advice - cut out the burgers & fries and don't take dieting advice from CrazyL.
    Thanks tacomax.

I agree wholeheartedly; I don't mind the crap people talk around here. A lot of it is pretty amusing actually. The day I made the decision to broadcast my picks on a regular basis was the same day I opened the doors wide open for ripping on me when the picks go bad and ripping on me for being heavy. So goes the world wide web. I've said it plenty of times before; if calling a complete stranger on the internet that has treated you with nothing but respect a "fat fuk" makes your day better than it would have been without doing so, I strongly encourage it!

Wouldn't want to take the joy out of anyone's day.

TPowell

Dave, how are you blending in with Texas? From the videos, I think the accent could use some work

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I enjoyed your video picks..watched and faded...

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Backgroud:
    I always get into weight loss pools.. I usually win.. they are around 1 month long and are easy to beat.. just stop eating!

simple and to the point.. I eat once and drink water the rest of the day.. can lose 15 pounds in a week easy.. and the last week, STOP drinkin water (1 cup a day MAX).. shed 20-25..

since the pools are for % of weight loss, females are easy to beat.. they get stuck around 10.. only heavier men can beat ya.. and heavy women don't lose crap.. or they start losing and gain it back..

Suggestion:
    anyway.. back to point.. eat ONCE a day and drink water.. eat around mid-day anything you want.. hog out if you want 3-4 burgers.. doesn't matter.. then just water.. you'll lose 15 pounds a week.. eating at night and soft drinks will kill ya.. oh.. but the test is to KEEP IT OFF! I dunno how to do that.. lol

Robust

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by SportNut View Post
    I enjoyed your video picks..watched and faded...
    If you did this last season, you went 63 - 64 - 1 (49.6%)... I doubt you enjoyed that much

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Robust View Post
    Backgroud:
    I always get into weight loss pools.. I usually win.. they are around 1 month long and are easy to beat.. just stop eating!

simple and to the point.. I eat once and drink water the rest of the day.. can lose 15 pounds in a week easy.. and the last week, STOP drinkin water (1 cup a day MAX).. shed 20-25..

since the pools are for % of weight loss, females are easy to beat.. they get stuck around 10.. only heavier men can beat ya.. and heavy women don't lose crap.. or they start losing and gain it back..

Suggestion:
    anyway.. back to point.. eat ONCE a day and drink water.. eat around mid-day anything you want.. hog out if you want 3-4 burgers.. doesn't matter.. then just water.. you'll lose 15 pounds a week.. eating at night and soft drinks will kill ya.. oh.. but the test is to KEEP IT OFF! I dunno how to do that.. lol

Robust
    This is why I'm making a big goal for a year.

I need to learn how to adapt to a new healthy lifestyle. I can (and have) crash diet with the best of them and lose a big chunk of weight fast, but it never stays off.

No low-carb or no-carb diets, no gimmicks, just making healthier decisions and being active.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

so do you figure you'd have a problem with loose skin after the blubber goes away?
    100 pounds? I didn't know you were that big.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    so do you figure you'd have a problem with loose skin after the blubber goes away?
    losing it over a year will not present a prob.. fast like i suggested will have him looking like he just gave birth to an elephant..

no disrespect dave.. just trying to get the mental picture out there

Robust

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    If I lose 100 pounds, I will happily deal with the problem of excess skin if I get to that point

Hopefully losing the weight slow and steady and only being 23 will work to my advantage when it comes to my skin.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Slow and steady Dave...focus on the calorie deficit, plan out a diet, give yourself a cheat day or at least a cheat meal per week, spend an hour or more walking or riding a bike, and lifting does wonders as well. 100lbs in a year might be tough...that is almost 2 lbs a week for a whole year with a calorie deficit of 967 per day. Your body may start to resist losing once you get to that point...I'm no expert just some things that worked for me dropping from 200 lbs and high 20's-low30's in bodyfat down to 150 with around 13-14%.

Good luck on your journey.

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

VD, I wish you the best. From my experience diets cam be helpful, but the most important thing is exercise. If you are not committed to working out, you will not lose the weight.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDave View Post
    Thanks tacomax.

I agree wholeheartedly; I don't mind the crap people talk around here. A lot of it is pretty amusing actually. The day I made the decision to broadcast my picks on a regular basis was the same day I opened the doors wide open for ripping on me when the picks go bad and ripping on me for being heavy. So goes the world wide web. I've said it plenty of times before; if calling a complete stranger on the internet that has treated you with nothing but respect a "fat fuk" makes your day better than it would have been without doing so, I strongly encourage it!

Wouldn't want to take the joy out of anyone's day.
    GL Ya Fat Fuk

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

I can lose £100 in less than a day

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give me the NO for the max

RED
    RED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck on your goal Dave.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I lost 100 pounds this year, I would weigh 80 pounds next year.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i suggest you find some belemic friends.

BCaldwell32
    BCaldwell32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1008

Please be careful and do some research on this, losing 100 pounds in one year is way to much!! It is possible to lose that much but losing weight that fast is a sure fire way to gain it right back in the end. Your goal should be to start eating healthier like you mentioned and get in a reasonable amount of exercise every week. When you exercise you have to mix it up otherwise your body will get used to the same routine and you will hit a plateau like a mother ****er. It is excellent to lose about 1 pound per week, maybe 1.25 per week. You will be well on your way to your 100 pounds in a couple years and a healthy lifestyle that will not backfire if you take my advice.

chikenkiwi2
    chikenkiwi2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

VD, go on the buzzy diet. 2 rocks a day keeps the hundred away!!!!!!!!!

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

catch aids

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5051

Good luck Dave! Looking at your vids in the past, you don't look that overweight that you would need to lose 100 pounds. I need to lose a few pounds as well, think I will start eating more healthy and work out more starting today.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

VD ... best of luck man ... Actually the kids that start with me at the office and have an overweight problem ... I immediately request for them to start a healthy diet ... not just for the sake of them, but you will have a much better result at work.

GL and I hope to see you with 10 lbs less this coming month.

A word of advice, your body once it notices the change it will make you wanna eat all the fast food available .... set your mind to it ... it will happen .... and avoid it .... if you conquor that part .... you will be smooth sailing.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

we really dont know how big dave is.. if you noticed in his vids, dave has never stood up.. he's always been 3 inches from camera. davey can be anywhere from 180-420, no one knows. i always gave dave about 228 lbs.. seeing he wants to drop 100 lbs must not be the case.

dave, take some advice here. i am a pro at this. i read alot on the net, i am obsessed with this stuff. Diets do NOT work..if anything, you will be fatter if you go on diets. it is a way of life now for you.

drink plenty of water
    don't skip meals, forget about starving yourself, you only slow down metabolism and you gain all back plus more when you eat again
    eat plenty of small meals, good for metabolism
    stay the fukk away from sugar.. it's poison.. no soft drinks.
    dont ever over stuff yourself. eat till satisfied.
    move around alot.. move move move. dont sit on your ass, it's a killer.
    even walking in a mall for 1 hr or walking around house is great. when sitting, you dont burn and your metabolism dies
    no white anything., trust me here. no white bread, no white pasta, no white rice, etc.. use MULTI GRAIN everything, even the pasta. white pasta will kill you.. multi grain has tons of fibre and digests well and body won't turn to fat with whole grain. so no white starchy foods..

but davey, of all my list... by far, and i mean, by far......... the most important thing to do here is..... and you might not like this is..............................

move around alot.. dont sit all day on pc.. just move your body. be active and you will lose like crazy, even if you eat more than you are supposed to, because your body will be burning all day... metabolism will by flying and everything you eat will go right through you. activity is so important..

but if you are not going to be active, do what i said on top and you will lose, i swear.

good luck.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If you keep posting at 3:00 am in the morning you will never lose a single pound. You basically don't sleep well, snacking in the middle of the night and then sleeping during the day which would have been your exercising time.

nobshine
    nobshine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    we really dont know how big dave is.. if you noticed in his vids, dave has never stood up.. he's always been 3 inches from camera. davey can be anywhere from 180-420, no one knows. i always gave dave about 228 lbs.. seeing he wants to drop 100 lbs must not be the case.

dave, take some advice here. i am a pro at this. i read alot on the net, i am obsessed with this stuff. Diets do NOT work..if anything, you will be fatter if you go on diets. it is a way of life now for you.

drink plenty of water
    don't skip meals, forget about starving yourself, you only slow down metabolism and you gain all back plus more when you eat again
    eat plenty of small meals, good for metabolism
    stay the fukk away from sugar.. it's poison.. no soft drinks.
    dont ever over stuff yourself. eat till satisfied.
    move around alot.. move move move. dont sit on your ass, it's a killer.
    even walking in a mall for 1 hr or walking around house is great. when sitting, you dont burn and your metabolism dies
    no white anything., trust me here. no white bread, no white pasta, no white rice, etc.. use MULTI GRAIN everything, even the pasta. white pasta will kill you.. multi grain has tons of fibre and digests well and body won't turn to fat with whole grain. so no white starchy foods..

but davey, of all my list... by far, and i mean, by far......... the most important thing to do here is..... and you might not like this is..............................

move around alot.. dont sit all day on pc.. just move your body. be active and you will lose like crazy, even if you eat more than you are supposed to, because your body will be burning all day... metabolism will by flying and everything you eat will go right through you. activity is so important..

but if you are not going to be active, do what i said on top and you will lose, i swear.

good luck.

Very good post. The key will be to move!!!!!! Do not let yourself sit behind the keyboard all day. Clubs are great and can get expensive, plus the time it takes out of your day.

If times are tight financially I suggest going to Craigs list and find a decent stationary bike or elliptical machine. You could set it up to be able to post while you are exercising. Start slow and set goals for time and distance. Dieting alone will not work if you don't move.

1234 ... Last