Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

you tell em nobber.,. davey, i swear to god, for 6 months, i hardly ate.. maybe just 1700 cals per day, but i was so inactive, it wasn't funny. just sat on desk looking at lines and posting.. for the last 2 months, i swear to god, i have hardly been home.. just hanging out in malls walking around with GF, taking small walks, taking stairs, moving around apt a lot like sweeping, moving furniture around, taking out garbage alot, cleaning out locker in storage room, etc.. just hardly sit down on my ass anymore.. i eat more too.. and i have lost 14 lbs in 2 months because i am hardly home now. just out moving around and hanging out in malls, going into stores, checking out stuff.. always on my feet and body always moving.. not sitting on ass all day.. i used to sleep at 5 am and wake up at 1 pm everyday cause i didnt eat healthy.. now i eat healthy, sleep at 1130 pm and wake up at 7am.. look, i am posting now and it's only 9 am.. this never happened in 10 yrs, just ask jj..

bottom line..

ate only 1700 cals per day for 6 months, never moved, lost 0 lbs ( metabolism was dead)

eat 2600 cal per day now, healthy eating, always moving body, not sitting down all day anymore.. always on feet, lost 14 lbs in 2 months and counting.. (metabolism is flying) my pants size is much smaller. my old pants are too loose now.

good luck. and move around..

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Best advice in this thread was given by Nicky...Worst by Robust. Rubost couldn't be more wrong about only eating once day. That slows your metabolism and will make matters much worse. Water is healthy and you should constantly be drinking that. They say that you should have half your body weight in ounces of water a day.

You really need to eat a ton of small meals, like 6 times a day. They aren't really meals as much as they are little snacks throughout the day. The key is to make sure that they are healthy little snacks. Granolas, nuts, Fruits, etc. Of course being active is very important. Go get yourself a gym membership or start running outside. Nothing drops the pounds more than running, start out with half mile if you aren't comfortable running long distances and slowly increase how far you go. I have another suggestion, go get yourself a subscription to Men's Health. That magazine is full of tips every month, has recepies of healthy alternative meals and gives tons of work out tips to get weight down all the time. I think that it is a must have for any guy in this day.

Good Luck Dave, if you take this weight loss even half as seriously as you take your capping and work hard toward it, I am sure you will make your goal easily.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

GL VD! While I think the goal might be a tad unreachable (1.9lb a week, every week for a year) I hope you reach it or come close trying! I think the key is to eat many small (healthy) meals. Cut caloric intake and increase activity.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the positive responses guys!

While I agree that 100 lbs might be too lofty of a goal, the most important thing as I've mentioned is just striving to live a healthier lifestyle.

If in a year's time I've lost "only" 50 pounds, it would still be a great achievement and I'm sure I'd feel much better then I do now.

InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

I know quite a few people that have went on a special diet. Its starting to gain popularity although I think it originated on the west coast and making its way across the country.
    Guaranteed to lose weight fast with some side effects, but lots of people like the side effects.
    I personally know at least 8 people that have shed up to 30 Lbs in a month, but it varies due to how diligently you follow the diet.
    I have named the diet "The Jenny Crank Diet"
    being in Texas you shouldnt have a problem getting started on it ASAP.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

If there is a time to do it, it is now while you're still young. Easiest time to shed the fatty pounds.

Take it from me VD, I'm a fatass now. I can't even be an internet tough guy anymore. I'm an internet tubbo.

GL.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

eating healthy with a lot of fruits and veggies is big. Also never skipping a meal is also big. Eating breakfast everyday actually will help you lose weight. Also try parking your car further away from your job or ect for extra walking time. Dont take the elevator just use the stairs. And yeah for the record im 6'0 140 im looking to add 20 pounds

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

break your goals into small managable chunks Dave..... 1 year is a long time 100 pounds is alot.....

the first few months will be easiest to drop the weight.....

so set a target of may 1 to lose 35 lbs and then come up with goals for each month thereafter breaking the remaining 65 lbs into chunks month by month...

post all your goals in places you will see them everyday... bathroom mirror, fridge, car dash, computer, ect...
    in big changes like this for body transformations, the mind and will breakdown before the body has come close to doing what it is capable of 99.9% of the time.... so you have to spent alot of time planning, visualizing, documenting ect....

GL, i'll be back later with more tips

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Dave, print out shit that pisses you off and use it as motivation. Gotta have bulletin board material for goals like losing weight because it can be tough and time consuming. Weighed in today at 234.5 pounds which is around a 5 pound less last week

gm2022
    gm2022's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL Dave,

Looking to shed a few pounds as well!

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

meth or crack

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    meth or crack
    Wouldn't exactly adhere to the "healthy lifestyle" bit

pico
    USC ml

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDave View Post
    Wouldn't exactly adhere to the "healthy lifestyle" bit
    on the contrary, one of my ex tried to convince me there are healthy meth. you just have to get the top quality ones.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why don't you do a gastric bypass surgery if you want to lose 100 lbs that quickly?

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Why don't you do a gastric bypass surgery if you want to lose 100 lbs that quickly?
    A) Can't afford it,

B) Need to prove to myself that I can actually be healthy. Why get surgery if you can't keep the weight off?

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Dave whats your current height and weight ? I'd say 6'1" 277 ?

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

I've gotta chime in that the meth diet is an insanely fun way to lose weight. When I was cooking dope was the last time that I got below my fighting weight of 190, and I have never been so happy. You're in San Antonio now, so getting some pseudo across the border shouldn't be even remotely difficult. Let me know if you need a hand.

I've also got quite a few friends who swear by the weed diet. Smoke a bunch of pot and then resist the munchies and just drink water. According to them, the weed stimulates the parasympathetic nervous sytem, inducing an insulin release from the pancreas, and the resulting hypoglycemia forces the body to start burning fat even while you're at rest. Biochemically I think the science is somewhat sound, and I've seen the results firsthand.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a tapeworm yet. A great way to lose weight is to eat for two!

Anyhow Dave, I give you mad props and all the respect in the world for your undertaking. If you ever need encouragement or a pat on the back, just come find me. I will give you an extra special "reward" if you're down by 50 at the end of your ordeal.

pico
    USC ml

rs, weed diet works. lost 20lbs already

pico
    USC ml

btw, once you off meth, your weight bounce back a lot. saw a lot of girls' weight balloon up after they quit.

Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares? Why let people make you feel uncomfortable about yourself? f\*\*k them. The day I try to please other people about my appearance, is the day I kick my own ass for doing so.

pico
    USC ml

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Who cares? Why let people make you feel uncomfortable about yourself? f\*\*k them. The day I try to please other people about my appearance, is the day I kick my own ass for doing so.
    because it'll lower the cost of getting high quality pussy

Panic

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    because it'll lower the cost of getting high quality pussy
    He's a Mod now. He can afford the good stuff.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by BCaldwell32 View Post
    Please be careful and do some research on this, losing 100 pounds in one year is way to much!! It is possible to lose that much but losing weight that fast is a sure fire way to gain it right back in the end. Your goal should be to start eating healthier like you mentioned and get in a reasonable amount of exercise every week. When you exercise you have to mix it up otherwise your body will get used to the same routine and you will hit a plateau like a mother ****er. It is excellent to lose about 1 pound per week, maybe 1.25 per week. You will be well on your way to your 100 pounds in a couple years and a healthy lifestyle that will not backfire if you take my advice.
    Good advice. It's one thing to lose the weight. It's another thing to completely change a lifestyle. I lost 58 lbs over a summer a few years ago. I felt great, looked great, but slowly fell back into all of the bad habits. 2 1/2 years later and I've gained it all back. So what was the point? I committed to lose the weight, but didn't make a permanent commitment to change my lifestyle.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Honestly, it isn't for other people. I have a girlfriend, I have a job that doesn't require me to be fit... it is for me.

When I was younger, I was always heavy, but it never hindered me. I played sports every day, wrestled and played ice hockey in high school.

Now, I just feel blah. I jog up a flight of stairs and I am winded. I wear sloppy clothes because I feel like garbage.

I want to improve myself for myself.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Nickey you are right on

Just giving up sugar and sodas you will lose wait for sure.

great advise from Nickey

Panic

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDave View Post
    Honestly, it isn't for other people. I have a girlfriend, I have a job that doesn't require me to be fit... it is for me.

When I was younger, I was always heavy, but it never hindered me. I played sports every day, wrestled and played ice hockey in high school.

Now, I just feel blah. I jog up a flight of stairs and I am winded. I wear sloppy clothes because I feel like garbage.

I want to improve myself for myself.
    If thats the case, then more power to ya. Just remember you have a girlfriend and she likes you just the way you are, otherwise you two wouldnt be together. She's not gonna have a problem with you bettering yourself, just dont let it go to your head when you start feeling more confident. She was there in the beginning. I've done stupid shit like that. Started hitting the gym, eating right, getting in shape, looking and feeling better...my biggest mistake was thinking now I can do better than the girl I was with, who was there from the beginning. Huge fvcking mistake on my part. I found other women but none that cared like she did. Good luck to you.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

If thats the case, then more power to ya. Just remember you have a girlfriend and she likes you just the way you are, otherwise you two wouldnt be together. She's not gonna have a problem with you bettering yourself, just dont let it go to your head when you start feeling more confident. She was there in the beginning. I've done stupid shit like that. Started hitting the gym, eating right, getting in shape, looking and feeling better...my biggest mistake was thinking now I can do better than the girl I was with, who was there from the beginning. Huge fvcking mistake on my part. I found other women but none that cared like she did. Good luck to you.
    Obviously some GREAT advice here.

I told her that I'm doing this, and that if it is going to make her feel the least bit insecure about us, I'll stay fat for her

But she is supportive and you are right, I'd be making a big mistake if I let her go.

RogueJuror
    RogueJuror's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dave you are already installed in San Antonio?

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by RogueJuror View Post
    Dave you are already installed in San Antonio?
    Yes, I'm here... although define "installed"... need to move apartments next week, but after that, I will officially be installed.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Nicky's advice. Especially being active is the key. Walk. Anywhere you have to go just walk. if you enjoy it you'll be able to keep weight off.
    The other point I agree with is don't over eat. If you never eat when you're not hungry you'll stay thin.
    Don't force yourself to do too much shit you don't like or eat foods you don't like. It needs to be something you can live with forever.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Goodluck Dave. I hope you reach your goal.

anthonydiamondLC
    anthonydiamondLC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Alright buddy here is your trick. ITS VERY SIMPLE. Stop eating SHIT, work out, and cut your calorie intake down. It's very simple and probably not even worth a post about it. Get your ass to the gym.

so im zach
    so im zach's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Don't drink sodas, don't eat bread/chips/carb snacks.

Protein, dairy, fruit, vegetables. Start drinking whey protein if you're serious about losing it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

for every philosophy pick you nail next year....just run 3 miles...... you should be 150 in no time that way

First 12345 ... Last