qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Sorry I wasn't as eloquent as you with regard to my position here.....was also busy responding to troll BI SLICK GUY in another thread so I apologize for my crudeness......I don't see a point in getting all upset over a poker promo that in my eyes is free....the hundy I give is a donation and I can still play if I don't donate......with the advent of all the other contest here plus SBR's social media popularity, in my opinion points have to be spread around a bit.......funny you didn't responds to the poster who basically called drew a liar

I understand your position. It makes sense.

The counter argument makes sense to me as well.

In terms of attacking Drew (or any person), that is something I find distasteful.

That post, which I didn’t take full notice until you pointed it out, was using an old post by Drew where he states poker will revert to its former payout structure.

That didn’t happen. It doesn’t make Drew look good but I am sure he isn’t a liar.

I never meant any disrespect to you USC. Just throwing in my .02 cents.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDN View Post
    I have to ask one question, with payouts drastically dropped, the number of payouts dropped from 12 to 8, only three games per day ; lets face it, we are not winning nearly as much as we used to ! Incentives have diminished..... Don't you think they should lower the fee or donation needed to become a pro. It truly takes a lot to get 3000 now days !!! Something to think about !!!! I am just saying !
    agree I play poker ,but with less care,,,,,,,,the price sucks I got 7 place and only got 25 point..wow,,,i got to rollover at 25 cent table,,,

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post

In terms of attacking Drew (or any person), that is something I find distasteful.

That post, which I didn’t take full notice until you pointed it out, was using an old post by Drew where he states poker will revert to its former payout structure.

That didn’t happen. It doesn’t make Drew look good but I am sure he isn’t a liar.

none taken....never a bad think to have a healthy debate.....its a hot topic I get it

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

You're right qwert... To be fair to Drew and any other staff member who may make what seems like a definitive statement about SBR, it's future activities in some aspect or whatever... as someone who has been there, is there and will surely find myself there again: We say what is correct at that moment and what is the current direction SBR is/plans to take as it stands at that time. We're not idiots. We are fully aware that if we post something from an SBR standpoint and it falls through for whatever reason, the person posting it is going to cop it from our members. And let's be real here, while I'm lucky to have some autonomy and am trusted to do my job with little interference and Drew even moreso, no one makes decisions about the direction of the company like this on their own. Things change, constantly, in this company and after being here so long I'm used to it but I'll still find myself innocently caught out some day I'm sure. It's a dynamic industry as we all know and this business needs to reflect it so while I can understand if some are upset about poker changes, I'd make a pretty large wager that the onus of this doesn't solely rely on Drew's shoulders if at all so hopefully people will at least leave him out of the discussion as far as personal attacks go

yahoonino

Well said
    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    first time i didn't play (hence not qualify) since the inception of it.

It probably wasn't "worth it" before but once they cut the dailies i could make more money selling used socks on cl (and did)

i got back to playing more on acr, bodog, carbon, ignition, 888,party, wsop, etc and have never been happier.

It's funny because most the sites the players are worse so i have to adjust.

They need to bring the dailies back to normal payouts because that's where most "make their money"

we're not ungrateful. We pay for pro status, buy things from the store at a premium, view ads and give website traffic which helps sbr change advertisers. There are many more things such as the book

that's just bs rheoric
    wellsaid

yahoonino

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    people always say giving negative feedback is complaining, sad to see you cant have a normal conversation that doesnt involve sucking mods off ... The poker format is trash.. Every person is thinking it whether theyre posting it here or not, on every table ive been on multiple people agree or are talking about it... People pay to be pro here and many people go pro to play poker, if they keep the format/payouts the way they are i wouldnt be surprised if multiple people stop playing and dont reup their pro status
    yeessss

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    no, it's a total fukkin joke....

payouts are pitiful....

totally not worth playing for....

it was bad enough wasting up to an hour and a half to win 30 bucks before the change, now you're req'd to play an hour and 45 minutes for the chance at a $14 first place, or perhaps a $7 second place.....
    weakass shit
    Not what I like to hear from someone who I lent over 2000 points to. Donk....stay away from the Fruity Fortune and start making progress on your loan. I’m needing points by August to support my fantasy football leagues.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Nobody discussing SBR events which are quite agreeable extremely good. We are talking poker here which now sucks. Can you please consider the AM tourney in your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    SBR is dynamic in its approach to Contests, Events, Daily offerings, and all of the content we provide. Having the same old events is not the direction we are going. We have already surpassed last years offerings YTD and fully expect that we will do the same going forward for the rest of the year. There are many avenues of SBR that you can engage with other opportunities. The Spring Poker Event was one of the best we have had in awhile. The next Event currently in discussions will again be very exciting and enjoyable for those who play.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

I'm waiting at a table come and play.

sammygran
    sammygran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17156

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDN View Post
    I have to ask one question, with payouts drastically dropped, the number of payouts dropped from 12 to 8, only three games per day ; lets face it, we are not winning nearly as much as we used to ! Incentives have diminished..... Don't you think they should lower the fee or donation needed to become a pro. It truly takes a lot to get 3000 now days !!! Something to think about !!!! I am just saying !
    Agree 100 percent......very little incentive.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

throw my pointless hat in the ring hoping for software from this millennium

the gd table looks like a postage stamp on my tv cause of not being able to full screen it, or at least maximize more than 5%

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

SBR is dynamic in its approach
    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Things change, constantly, in this company and after being here so long I'm used to it but I'll still find myself innocently caught out some day I'm sure. It's a dynamic industry
    Wait, are we talking about a terrorist attack with hostages here or SBR poker?

I have to admit, the "things are dynamic" line is pretty creative

"Do you realize you were going 55 in a 35?" "But driving and traffic are dynamic officer"

"You have violated the sanctity of your marriage with these extramarital affairs" "Things are dynamic father/your honor"

"You haven't made a payment in 6 months. Why shouldn't we foreclose?" "Sir, things are dynamic"

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Wait, are we talking about a terrorist attack with hostages here or SBR poker?

I have to admit, the "things are dynamic" line is pretty creative

"Do you realize you were going 55 in a 35?" "But driving and traffic are dynamic officer"

"You have violated the sanctity of your marriage with these extramarital affairs" "Things are dynamic father/your honor"

"You haven't made a payment in 6 months. Why shouldn't we foreclose?" "Sir, things are dynamic"

That's pretty funny you cornichon. I honestly didn't realise Drew had said that!!!

I can only say my honest truth and for anyone who was here through a really bad time a few years back knows I'll stand up and cop it even when I've done nothing wrong. But I also believe he hasn't in this case either.

And for what it's worth dlowilly and whomever you may have been before: Life is too short for this shit. If you're not happy with SBR Poker, please go play somewhere else! I've just turned somewhere in my 40s and I keep realising I can go at any time now. I swear to f my last thought better not be about you or SBR Poker or I will come right the fukk back and haunt your ass every single day!!

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

...moving post to Site Suggestions sub-forum.
    Last edited by qwertvt; 04-03-18 at 01:24 PM.

shari91

...moving post to Site Suggestions sub-forum.
    Always darling.

Keep in mind SBR Poker is not my realm but to be real I'm a pretty loud voice so if it's a decent suggestion not disparaging a staff member or poster, I'll pass it on. Always!

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

That's pretty funny you cornichon. I honestly didn't realise Drew had said that!!!

I can only say my honest truth and for anyone who was here through a really bad time a few years back knows I'll stand up and cop it even when I've done nothing wrong. But I also believe he hasn't in this case either.

And for what it's worth dlowilly and whomever you may have been before: Life is too short for this shit. If you're not happy with SBR Poker, please go play somewhere else! I've just turned somewhere in my 40s and I keep realising I can go at any time now. I swear to f my last thought better not be about you or SBR Poker or I will come right the fukk back and haunt your ass every single day!!
    That's a good one too!

"Do you realize you were going 55 in a 35?" "Life is too short for this shit officer"

"You have violated the sanctity of your marriage with these extramarital affairs" "Life is too short for this shit father/your honor"

"You haven't made a payment in 6 months. Why shouldn't we foreclose?" "Sir, life is too short for this shit"

Come on now you've done this a few times. When posters have a legitimate gripe or at least question you revert to the "is it really that important in the grand scheme of things/life is too short" mantra.

Of course we are all pretty much wasting time here and you are probably underpaid for what you do but while we don't have a right to expect anything, we do have a beef for being misled. If it can't be changed just you or Drew say sorry for misleading you but poker needs to be cut back, not more "We have great things coming and this year will be the greatest year ever!"

Also, thanks for adding to my vocabulary with "cornichon"

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

SBR is dynamic in its approach to Contests, Events, Daily offerings, and all of the content we provide. Having the same old events is not the direction we are going. We have already surpassed last years offerings YTD and fully expect that we will do the same going forward for the rest of the year. There are many avenues of SBR that you can engage with other opportunities. The Spring Poker Event was one of the best we have had in awhile. The next Event currently in discussions will again be very exciting and enjoyable for those who play.
    Going to lmao when the World Cup is announced.

Other than the old WSOP event and 5k players championship SBR Poker has never been “worth it” since winning barely breaks minimum wage over the hours put in. I don’t think its ever advertised itself as a money making opportunity so pretty stupid to cry about it. It’s a free perk for SBR Pros and not much more.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

Of course we are all pretty much wasting time here and you are probably underpaid for what you do but while we don't have a right to expect anything, we do have a beef for being misled. If it can't be changed just you or Drew say sorry for misleading you but poker needs to be cut back, not more "We have great things coming and this year will be the greatest year ever!"

that's just the liberal mindset, the appearance of "all is well" >>>>>>> actually being "all is well"

btw, i don't think they owe us shit or have the right to beef...i just don't want to be spat in the face and told it's raining

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post

Other than the old WSOP event and 5k players championship SBR Poker has never been “worth it” since winning barely breaks minimum wage over the hours put in. I don’t think its ever advertised itself as a money making opportunity so pretty stupid to cry about it. It’s a free perk for SBR Pros and not much more.
    yup

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post

It's not crying or complaining. Merely some constructive criticism and healthy debate.

dlowilly

Guys I think it's they have more mods to pay now so they had to cut back the poker payouts

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

I’d prolly play poker again if old format would come back
    Hope they do bring it back
    even then I was kinda meh about the tourney structure
    but this structure shows me old one wasn’t bad
    What made me quit playing a few years ago was the having to be at a computer thing
    Would be titties if they could make it work on mobile or iPad
    But anyways, hope they bring back the old structure for you all
    becaise it is pretty much unanimously agreed by the people who play
    poker that they would be more amped about playing poker at sbr

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Is it worth it? Busy as hell at work, tons of spring outdoor work, a lot of family events, going to the gym etc., so for me no. However if I had the time I would play more. While the old format had better payouts, i’m going to beat a dead horse and say would like the 10 am as a midday option. I will look at the next promo and see if I can be more involved. Good luck at the tables.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

offer a free daily tournament with same payouts and another tournament players pay 12 point entry fee that has higher payouts

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

In my opinion last promo was testing sbr poker community and in my eyes SBR won and wont change much. And why they should. 95% of you only verbally complained and didnt boycott! They will just keep focus on other parts of their business.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I thought the old poker format was lame.

But compared to this new one...

The old format was a GEM.

The #1 complaint is... what is a user getting back for wasting an hour or hour and a half of their time? You're either addicted to poker or a complete moron to sit at a table and waste an hour 30 of your time daily. Furthermore, if a user does elect to sit at a table... he's not using coming Poker sense or protocol. You might as well SHOVE on your best hand in the first 5 minutes.... and hopefully someone bites. Otherwise... again... "it's not worth your time." Now, you don't even have a simple game of Poker... you have a shoving contest.

Instead of poker software... just have a spin the bottle or roulette software for us to play. Same concept.

#2 Problem... ridiculous bad beats. And "rainbow" hands. Not only did I waste my time for an hour and a half... I'm belittled and at the mercy of the SBR Poker software. Trying to win $0.30

So, fellow poker posters.... you keep on filling the seats at the daily tournaments... SBR won't change a thing. If the seats are empty... SBR will make a change. That's business.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Not what I like to hear from someone who I lent over 2000 points to. Donk....stay away from the Fruity Fortune and start making progress on your loan. I’m needing points by August to support my fantasy football leagues.
    That's what you get Matty, when loaning to a well known Donkey stiff:

https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...what-meow.html

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

suck it, waves....

go check your cherished yearly leader board out.....

feel free to cut and paste it, as you are so want to do.....

yahoonino

relax shari ,,geeeess

bobbywaves

suck it, waves....

go check your cherished yearly leader board out.....

feel free to cut and paste it, as you are so want to do.....
    So you're talking about an annual leaderboard you're not on? What a dumbass.

Care to wager you won't be on annual leaderboard come years end? Oh yeah, you can't wager. You're a broke dikk with 0 pts, who's stiffing again.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i was on it this mor4ning.... if i'm not now, it's because some 3 pm'er jumped me....

you haven't touched it all year, punk

bobbywaves

i was on it this mor4ning.... if i'm not now, it's because some 3 pm'er jumped me....

you haven't touched it all year, punk
    Fact: I've made more annual leaderboards than you chump.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Fact: I've made more annual leaderboards than you chump.
    bragging about sbr leaderboards is quite the accomplishment, any cashes in real tournaments played any world series events world poker tour or are you just king of the low stakes

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    bragging about sbr leaderboards is quite the accomplishment, any cashes in real tournaments played any world series events world poker tour or are you just king of the low stakes
    Bragging? I didn't bring up annual leaderboard topic, simply stated a fact putting Donkey in his place.

If you weren't a constant broke dikk like Donkey, I would have taken all your pts in a last longer bet in Saturday's championship tourney.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Bragging? I didn't bring up annual leaderboard topic, simply stated a fact putting Donkey in his place.

If you weren't a constant broke dikk like Donkey, I would have taken all your pts in a last longer bet in Saturday's championship tourney.
    i'm not dumb enough to do a last longer bet with a tight nit who folds pocket aces, i even said you were a lock to beat phinfan last longer , i don't know how u do it play so tight especially for small takes

First 123 Last