benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Wow, big news. This is going to screw a lot of people.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

How many non-US players are going to keep funds there without worrying about what is left to pay them after the US clients have withdrawn?

Not me.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

What happens if you have a long term future pending?

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!! I am not from the USA but this will destroy matchbook's liquidity I am afraid.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    How many non-US players are going to keep funds there without worrying about what is left to pay them after the US clients have withdrawn?

Not me.
    I think i'm done with matchy. i've been done with them for quite some time there. my volume there dropped by 94% in the last 3 months. i lost interest there for quite some time.. i have my 2 locals, and 3 great offshore books that i am very very happy with..

1 yr ago today, i used to always say in this forum that the day matchy closes, is the day i quit gambling. they were my everything. today, i don't care they're gone anymore.. i don't need them.. but i will miss them for baseball though, and NFL. that's it.. well, every good thing comes to an end.. nothing lasts forever. i had some great memories with matchy..

in fact, i even invented the word Matchy at sbr. i coined that phrase here. i used to love this place and was always their #1 fan at sbr. i was their 1st official spokesman here, way way before Fishhead even mentioned them here. i used to tout them 23x a day each day.. but now they're gone. It's like a death in the family.. oh well. it was fun while it lasted.

ucbearcats1027
    ucbearcats1027's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Got an email from them today bummer

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

They say "Matchbook intends to expand our operations into the European and Asian markets through encouraging a steady increase in event liquidity". That means: Liquidity will suck, but we hope to get eventually better.

I hope I am wrong, but looks like Matchbook will become a marginal player. A sad day for gambling.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Why wouldn't they want to get more business? If MB is able to transfer by check/wire then why couldn't they send those same funds directly to 5dimes, greek, etc? I would think that would be easiest for all.
    I don't even consider wires an option for me. Ok so if a ton starts getting requested to be moved to places like Greek, I'f I'm Greek , I'm going to limit this until MB pays me.

MB sure looks like they are closing permanently . They aren't owned by that Mansion billionaire. Why would anybody even buy MB ?

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

This sucks, where else can I go as far as an exchange to bet in game? Does Betmaker offer live betting? I can't believe they are doing this not sure who is going to be left as far as their customers.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38397

Does anyone know if they can transfer their balance into a book?

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    They say "Matchbook intends to expand our operations into the European and Asian markets through encouraging a steady increase in event liquidity". That means: Liquidity will suck, but we hope to get eventually better.

I hope I am wrong, but looks like Matchbook will become a marginal player. A sad day for gambling.

they just lied about the US, why believe that ?

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Im still really boggled about what wsex's future is now. They obviously had a big part in MB so then they must have been making a pretty decent buck from all the commissions mostly from US based customers and now they turn it over to someone who isnt going to even be dealing with their own biggest customer base???

Sounds very strange how this whole wsex thing continues to unfold.

I just dont understand any of their business decisions cuz as john said before it just doesnt sound like they had gotten much here in return since the owners IMMEDIATELY pulled out of US

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Does anyone know if they can transfer their balance into a book?
    Call them in the morning but there will be a run on this option.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Assuming MB actually has all the client funds on the ready and prepared to send then I can't see why they would not allow transfer of those funds among books they already transfer with. Seems like it would be the simplest for them and the recipient books would certainly be happy.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by lemart5 View Post
    They are the Betphoenix of Europe and Asian now.Watch people waiting 2 months for checks I feel bad for them.
    Non-Americans can still (and do) use Neteller and Moneybookers.

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man this sucks. Just lost one of only a couple books for U.S. customers that have low juice for soccer.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get my money out.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Wow. Fishhead is on suicide watch.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by sneak-a-peak View Post
    Im still really boggled about what wsex's future is now. They obviously had a big part in MB so then they must have been making a pretty decent buck from all the commissions mostly from US based customers and now they turn it over to someone who isnt going to even be dealing with their own biggest customer base???

Sounds very strange how this whole wsex thing continues to unfold.

I just dont understand any of their business decisions cuz as john said before it just doesnt sound like they had gotten much here in return since the owners IMMEDIATELY pulled out of US
    Sounds like credit, stocks, and real estate all could have logically taken part in the demise here.

dynamite140

hey guys i spoke to support.

They said book to book transfer is not going to be allowed

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

Wouldnt be surprised if a book run as poorly as Matchbook does not have the funds to pay US players off. That book was run by idiots and deserves to go under.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51509

This is so frustrating on so many levels...

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    Sounds like credit, stocks, and real estate all could have logically taken part in the demise here.
    True.... obviously things have gone very wrong for them but I guess my point is WHY have they sold out of something that has been guaranteed profit for them when they seem to be broke?

Sure they get something from this sale but is it really more than what they would of been making in the future with the MB operation?

Its a exchange, guaranteed profits and low cost overhead- to me its a great money machine!

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Matchbook closed for US customers from tomorrow

Just got an email:-

NOTICE

Matchbook, the betting exchange of which you are a registered participant, is being sold effective February 28th 2011. The new owners of Matchbook have been informed by its legal advisors that accepting wagers from anyone located within the United States might constitute a violation of United States law. Accordingly, Matchbook will no longer accept a participant located in the United States, where wagering on a sporting event or any other event in which chance predominates might be a violation of law. As a result, if you are a registered participant located in the United States, you will not be able to access your account for the purposes of placing a wager effective immediately upon the transfer of ownership of Matchbook on February 28th 2011.

The accounts of all registered participants located in the United States will be closed effective February 28th 2011. The new owners of Matchbook will work with the affected participants to ensure that all funds remaining in the registered participants’ accounts as of February 28th 2011 will be returned to the registered participants located in the United States within 31 days from the aforesaid date.

Registered participants whose accounts will be closed effective February 28th 2011, will be sent, via email, detailed instructions as to the procedure required to receive the funds remaining in their respective accounts as of February 28th 2011. The new ownership will provide contact information for questions from registered participants whose accounts have been closed. Participant’s funds not claimed within the 31 days will be turned over to the Antigua Financial Services Resource Commission.

The new owners of Matchbook are in no way associated or affiliated with WSEX or the previous ownership of Matchbook prior to February 28th 2011.

The new owners and management look forward to heralding a new dawn in financial prudence and stability, while continuing to offer a world class betting exchange with improved global sports offerings. Matchbook intends to expand its operations into the European and Asian markets through encouraging a steady increase in event liquidity as well as expanding payment channels into these markets. Please stay tuned for further updates in the coming weeks".

The Financial Services Regulatory Commission, (FSRC) the agency responsible for overseeing the online gaming industry in Antigua and Barbuda has been advised of the transfer of ownership of Matchbook and has approved the transfer to the new ownership. The FSRC could be reached at www.antiguagaming.gov.ag .

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Pinnacle did things the right way when they left the US. Allowed Book to Book Xfers, let all future's stand until resolution(I had a Presidential future for Nov 2008, long after Pinnacle left the US market), etc. Hopefully Matchbook will do it the same way.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    What happens if you have a long term future pending?
    MB mgt says futures and all pending bets will stand and be paid out after grading.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man I really feel sorry for fishhead. Matchbook was probably the only reason he got out of bed everyday. Maybe sbr should put up a donation to fishhead in the sbr store.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Yep. Why sell...and now? And for the buyers why Matchbook and drop their base..is it the software what was it? Not many Euro's use MB, so it wasn't name recognition..and their marketing was weak..so what was it? How much WSEX get for this?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33486

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    hey guys i spoke to support.

They said book to book transfer is not going to be allowed
    Wow, I hope everyone is able to get their money out. The whole situation is weird. New owners buy matchbook and then toss out their entire customer base??? That makes no sense whatsoever. If WSEX actually does still own them this might be a pretext for stealing funds.

vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 619

This seems to be an email going around. This is not mine, just something that was brought to my attention.

Due to the change in ownership as outlined in our earlier email, Matchbook will no longer be accepting customers located in your area of registration or residence. We require you to request a withdrawal of your Matchbook balance in the next 31 days. We are aware that there are a number of players who have pending wagers on futures markets that will not be finalized within our 31 day withdrawal period. You will be able to view your pending wagers through the reports section of your account. These bets will be settled on an individual basis.

Payments will be made to you via a wire or CC deposit at a cost of $35.00 to an account or CC held in your name. Please follow the instructions and complete out one of the options below:

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I'd bet that books like 5Dimes and Betjam stop taking MB transfers. Why would they want whomever owns MB to owe them money ?

What about futures on NHL and NBA also ? There have to bets there that have significant equity.

Now when the transfers get stopped, checks might take months.

I'm glad I got out of there. Problem is there are only two good books left.
    MB says they aren't doing B2B.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Greek and Bookmaker left for US customers pretty much.

dynamite140

Hey guys. They say they are not allowing b2b transfers anymore. How come??? I rather do this instead of withdrawing.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

a $35 charge
    UNREAL

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I dont bet MLB but this is a huge blow for MLB bettors, the one sport they had liquidity for

Cantstopmenow
    Cantstopmenow's Avatar Become A Pro!

The new owners are actually following the law? This could be a good sign for Europeans like me!

First ... 2345678 ... Last