SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Are you saying it's now a distinct possibility that MB is going to stiff all of their U.S based players?

Even if they are leaving the U.S. market, but are going to payout, then your post doesn't really make much sense. It's like saying Pinnacle was unstable or should have been downgraded because they booted U.S. customers.
    I seriously doubt they will stiff any post-up players. That would make zero sense.

I would argue my post does make sense and yours is suspect. First of all Pinnacle is not owned by a book with one foot in the grave and second of all they did not owe millions in credit debt that they couldnt pay. Your hypothetical is about as far away from reality as possible in comparing Matchbook to Pinnacle.
    Points Awarded:

bigugly gave SBR_John 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Shrink is probably rolling in his pine box.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Maybe they figure they can get some business from BetFair by offering lower commission fees? It shouldn't be hard, considering how astronomically high BetFair's fees are.
    Like WBX did?
    It has been tried numerous times, only Betdaq (also about 11 years old) gained any traction.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Anytime a book makes whole sale changes it's a little stressful. Not only for if you'll get paid, but how long it will take. We've been advising players to hold off with Matchbook until they have some time under their belt away from WSEX. Now we'll have to wait and see how their plan plays out. We can say that others in the business have positive things to say about the new ownership and Matchbook hasn't missed a payment yet. My money is on everyone getting their funds in March.

i wouldnt call myself an optimist in general but if they were looking to start stiffing people, why get out of the us market and then start stiffing? the 2 seem somewhat unrelated. paying like clowckwork all the time, and then start not paying? thats possible, but switching out of the us market shouldnt cause that unless they were just a ponzi scheme. please tell me i am making sense as i have a large balance in their! ty

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

i am waiting on a statement from matchbook themselves

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Like WBX did?
    It has been tried numerous times, only Betdaq (also about 11 years old) gained any traction.

all fail against Betfair and all win continue to fail vs Betfair

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

never played there

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

What do you guys think this means for wsex?

Are they going to try and make a comeback? close up shop? or keep doing what they've been doing and have payouts dating back to over 3 years or more at some point???

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by geebert74 View Post
    Anthony: Account question

You are now speaking with Trinity of Wagering.
    Trinity: Hello. Thank you for contacting us at Matchbook.
    Trinity: How may I help you?
    Anthony: Hi Trinity, I was reading on an open forum that you are going to be closing accounts of US players?
    Anthony: Is this true?
    Trinity: As far as i am aware, we are not pulling out from the us market
    Anthony: Are there other people asking the same question? The source of this was pretty solid. Will you give us a heads up if this is indeed true?
    Trinity: we have had a few customers asking the same questions
    Trinity: but again, we are not pulling out
    Anthony: ok that is great to hear. Thank you for your time.
    She says they're not pulling out

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would think the employees may have been instructed to play dumb to avoid an imminent run on the bank. This will be inevitable as the truth unfolds anyways and I`d expect matchBook will settle all US accounts in a neat and orderly fasion like Pinnacle did

Thats just another great thing you can say about Pinny when they banned Uncle Sam`s children they paid every freakin one of us in a matter of days

I could see them expanding their Asian market as the Asians love to gamble, have the money and there are millions of them

No way they do what that yellow, crooked, rotten toothed bastards at BetOnSports pulled on us. That Mutherfkkker Carruthers got his ass arrested and they stole every fukkin dime from us

jjgold

Extra Innings those clowns you talk too cannot even add 2+2

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Well this sucks

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Red flag for what exactly???

That they would leave the U.S. market, but payout all of the players?

Please explain to me like I am a small child, because I really don't understand what you are saying.
    A red flag for potential problems.
    I have money in WSEX and ignored the 'smoke signals' when they arose and have been stiffed by one other book before.

Once Matchbook have actually paid all their players then you can tell me that I was overly cautious, until then I will take the view that my concerns were legitimate.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Now matchbook also takes down in-play POR vs ATL...

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39525

Hey guys. When this happened at Pinnacle a few years ago, was the only option for usa players to get their money by check/wire transfer? Or were they allowed to transfer all/some of their balance to another book? Or did pinnacle not allow B2b transfer like matchbook/5dimes/greek does?

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

what will happen with existing future bets?

NBA Championship 2011 Winner New York (to win) +7001 Risk 37.24 to Win 2,607.00

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    i wouldnt call myself an optimist in general but if they were looking to start stiffing people, why get out of the us market and then start stiffing? the 2 seem somewhat unrelated. paying like clowckwork all the time, and then start not paying? thats possible, but switching out of the us market shouldnt cause that unless they were just a ponzi scheme. please tell me i am making sense as i have a large balance in their! ty

This is what I was thinking as well. If their intention was to steal millions from post up players, than announcing that they were leaving the U.S. market would be foolish.

What I worry about is a slow pay (think Neteller), or payout via one fat check being the only option. The cashout process could be a clusterfuck or it could be smooth sailing.

It would really suck to lose MB as an out.

Of course, maybe they will not pull out of the U.S. market. It doesn't look good, but we haven't heard from MB yet.

socalaaron
    socalaaron's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Hey guys. When this happened at Pinnacle a few years ago, was the only option for usa players to get their money by check/wire transfer? Or were they allowed to transfer all/some of their balance to another book? Or did pinnacle not allow B2b transfer like matchbook/5dimes/greek does?
    I was paid by Net Teller at the time. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that most if not all payment options available on Pinnacle were made available to pay off American customers.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Pinny did b2b transfers

dynamite140

dbets, were people allowed to b2b their remaining account balance on pinnacle instead of withdrawing it to neteller?

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13704

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    Now matchbook also takes down in-play POR vs ATL...

trump don't think the game was ever scheduled for live betting - unlike the nyk-miami game at matchbook

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    A red flag for potential problems.
    I have money in WSEX and ignored the 'smoke signals' when they arose and have been stiffed by one other book before.

Once Matchbook have actually paid all their players then you can tell me that I was overly cautious, until then I will take the view that my concerns were legitimate.
    Fair enough.

Interestingly, I signed up to SBR in order to complain about WSEX constantly changing their B2B limits/fees, and I was saying this was a red flag for possible insolvency. I got ripped a new asshole for that.

Now I am on the other side, but I really don't see the issues as being similar. WSEX was trying all kinds of tricks to make it impossible to cashout. MB has made it hard to deposit. Big difference...

jjgold

New owner fukked up matchbook

He has UK Roots

trumpdown

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    trump don't think the game was ever scheduled for live betting - unlike the nyk-miami game at matchbook
    I thought I saw it earlier but could be mistaken..was suspect how the other game disappeared from both around the same time as they were posted on the site/s all day.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

I think everyone will get paid in full......so if you have a balance there, you'll be fine. I just think the new owners want to take MB in a new direction(focusing on non US sports/business) and the cost of processing US deposits/withdrawals became prohibitive for an exchange.

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Matchbook showed all day that they would be offering the Heat game inplay but not the Hawks game. The heat game then vanished after the laker game and there was no live betting available the rest of the night

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by sneak-a-peak View Post
    What do you guys think this means for wsex?

Are they going to try and make a comeback? close up shop? or keep doing what they've been doing and have payouts dating back to over 3 years or more at some point???
    No...well, I'd say highly doubtful.

At one time they wanted many millions for their stake in MB. But who knows what they got at the end of the day. Sounds like they got a cram-down deal to me. What would an investor in MB pay if he is going to strip out 90% of the volume??? A turkey sandwich on rye??

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

At one time they wanted many millions for their stake in MB. But who knows what they got at the end of the day. Sounds like they got a cram-down deal to me. What would an investor in MB pay if he is going to strip out 90% of the volume??? A turkey sandwich on rye??
    so you think they are done? they just going to sail off into the sunset huh?

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

When Mansion closed there exchange they offered B2B with Matchbook
    Now Matchbook needs to do the same
    Someone needs to call betCRIS(Bookmaker/DSI) and have our balances transferred to Betmaker

trumpdown

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Which part is highly doubtful John? The comeback, the continued slow-pay, or take the rye sandwich and run?

dynamite140

Hey guys, were people allowed to b2b transfer their remaining account balance on pinnacle instead of withdrawing it to neteller back a few years ago?

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

is this why mb odds dont show up on sbr odds?

ForgetWallStreet
    ForgetWallStreet's Avatar Become A Pro!

FWIW, MB just transferred my high four figs balance to 5 Dimes in 68 minutes.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are no NBA. NCAA Basketball, or NHL overnight markets up. This is not a good sign.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13704

Quote Originally Posted by ForgetWallStreet View Post
    FWIW, MB just transferred my high four figs balance to 5 Dimes in 68 minutes.

says a lot

First 123456 ... Last