1. #1
    Max
    Max's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-07
    Posts: 30

    OddsMaker - yeah or nay!

    Just received an offer to join OddsMaker. Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about them? I see they are rated D-. As I've just given up on Sportsbook.com forever, I don't want to get started on another bad experience. Thanks for any help here. I'm currently using Bet Jam and I'm "happy" with them.

  2. #2
    topgame85
    Total time
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-08
    Posts: 10,900
    Betpoints: 58

    Nay they are the same ownership group as sportsbook.com play with betjamaica or bookmaker

  3. #3
    no chance in hell
    no chance in hell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-29-06
    Posts: 156
    Betpoints: 86

    why even think of using a low rated book??? getting paid is the most important thing, not huge bonuses. JMO

  4. #4
    jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-18-08
    Posts: 2,051

    No matter how many times this question gets asked the answer will remain the same-No. Stay away

  5. #5
    onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-14-08
    Posts: 15,411

    play with credit wagering

  6. #6
    jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-18-08
    Posts: 2,051

    Or better yet post up at an A rated book.

  7. #7
    mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-22-08
    Posts: 4,395
    Betpoints: 12

    I cannot think of a wider gap than the difference between BetJam (good) and Oddsmaker (bad). Stay with BetJam, or find another higher rated book if you are looking for another out.

  8. #8
    robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-07
    Posts: 13,206
    Betpoints: 42

    They paid me on the free $100 promo ($1,960).

    I wouldn't deposit with them even if it was your money.

  9. #9
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    They sent another mailer today, this one included a dropdead gorgeous blonde in a small bikini. Other than that, they offered some silly $2000 bonus on $1k post up most likely with an 11X r/o with no parlays, teasers, pleasers, if bets, etc allowed.

    Steer clear of Oddsmaker.

  10. #10
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    Most of the people that win on their free $100 promotion don't ever get paid.

  11. #11
    Max
    Max's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-07
    Posts: 30

    Thanks for all the quick replys. They told me they were not with Sportsbook.com. Nice! Just seemed like the $100 offer was interesting, but after dealing with Sportsbook, I don't want to deal with any other loser book. I'll just stick with Bet Jam for now. Thanks to everyone for your advice!

  12. #12
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Thanks for all the quick replys. They told me they were not with Sportsbook.com. Nice! Just seemed like the $100 offer was interesting, but after dealing with Sportsbook, I don't want to deal with any other loser book. I'll just stick with Bet Jam for now. Thanks to everyone for your advice!
    Stick with Bet Jam, and if you want to put a little extra money in another book for football, Betpop (SBR rated B-) has really nice reload and first time offers and they're secure.

  13. #13
    sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-05-08
    Posts: 15,014
    Betpoints: 2982

    Never used Oddsmaker and never will.

  14. #14
    Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 26,374

    Why gamble on getting paid or not for gambling?

    Stick to an A book, and half the troubles are gone.

  15. #15
    JC
    JC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-05
    Posts: 481

    They are crooks and fraudsters. They stole over $40,000 from a player at EOG.

    What part of D- don't you understand?

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/23/2005


  16. #16
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    They are crooks and fraudsters. They stole over $40,000 from a player at EOG.

    What part of D- don't you understand?
    Did the Shrink help the player out? Or just delete the complaining posts?

  17. #17
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430
    Betpoints: 1157

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Did the Shrink help the player out? Or just delete the complaining posts?
    That complaint never was rectified to my knowledge Justin.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  18. #18
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 262,133
    Betpoints: 3146

    NAY

    Stay away

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  19. #19
    JC
    JC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-05
    Posts: 481

    The guy was owed $85,000. Shrink helped him get around half of it.

    They never paid the balance.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/23/2005


  20. #20
    ico2525
    ico2525's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-30-08
    Posts: 598
    Betpoints: 36

    Nay. Also no, OddsMaker isn't part of Jazette Enterprises, but with their D- rating they might as well be.

  21. #21
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430
    Betpoints: 1157

    Quote Originally Posted by ico2525 View Post
    Nay. Also no, OddsMaker isn't part of Jazette Enterprises, but with their D- rating they might as well be.
    OddsMaker (SBR rated D-) is part of the Futurebet family of books, which just screams "stay away"!

    They screw a lot of players on their promotions they offer (read the fine print carefully). Not to mention a few other problems this establishment has levied against them fairly recently. The one other problem I can recall off the top of my head is, BetOnUSA (which are the same owners) dumped some of the larger accounts when they moved to Futurebet, most notably SBR poster Jackpot funds.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  22. #22
    TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-08
    Posts: 12,762

    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Just received an offer to join OddsMaker. Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about them? I see they are rated D-. As I've just given up on Sportsbook.com forever, I don't want to get started on another bad experience. Thanks for any help here. I'm currently using Bet Jam and I'm "happy" with them.
    Let me add to the do not use list as well. If you're looking for a second book, Matchbook is user friendly & avoid that credit pile of shit book some are blowing for.

  23. #23
    iggles
    iggles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-26-07
    Posts: 61

    I would not recommned Oddsmaker to anyone. This book has a history of scamming people. Much better options out there

  24. #24
    JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-07
    Posts: 3,816
    Betpoints: 233

    There is a thread on EOG right now about some guy completing the $100.00 promo, turning it into $1500.00 and they won't pay him.

    Seeing how Shrinks photo is on the mailer from Oddsmaker, it's ironic, sad, and funny.

  25. #25
    JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-07
    Posts: 3,816
    Betpoints: 233

    I was a little thrown back at the way the mods handled the situation. http://forums.eog.com/online-sportsb...ight=oddsmaker

  26. #26
    jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-18-08
    Posts: 2,051

    Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    I was a little thrown back at the way the mods handled the situation. http://forums.eog.com/online-sportsb...ight=oddsmaker
    Lol, what a joke that place is. Deleting the link to the SBR rating, and one of their mods saying "oddsmaker gets to decide who they pay first." Why they have any credibility over there is beyond me

  27. #27
    Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-06
    Posts: 6,878

    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    What part of D- don't you understand?
    I believe this pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

  28. #28
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    I really try not to read other forums, but since the link was posted, I couldn't help but look at this comment by a mod there and roll my eyes in disgust.

    "It's safe to say that most people who take them up on the free $100 promotion, run it up to $1500 and want to cash right out will probably never re-deposit anyway. If only 50 payouts can get processed a day, I can't see any reason to put those promo payouts at the top of the list compared to people who are depositing real money with the place and are showng loyalty."

    I understand moderators are going to speak highly of sponsoring books, but the easy way of avoiding the awkwardness of these dilemmas is not having crap books as sponsors! I mean, if a mod here was talking about BetOnline, or Bet Jam, 5dimes etc etc, it's all honesty. But I guess when forced to try to pump up the likes of Oddsmaker, one is almost forced to make the inexcusable posts like the one quoted above.

  29. #29
    jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-18-08
    Posts: 2,051

    Yep. I think its pretty safe to say "reload" is the worst moderator in the history of forums. He is trying to put the positive spin on oddsmaker but failing to the point that its actually funny.

  30. #30
    pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 20,877
    Betpoints: 2109

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  31. #31
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    I really try not to read other forums, but since the link was posted, I couldn't help but look at this comment by a mod there and roll my eyes in disgust.

    "It's safe to say that most people who take them up on the free $100 promotion, run it up to $1500 and want to cash right out will probably never re-deposit anyway. If only 50 payouts can get processed a day, I can't see any reason to put those promo payouts at the top of the list compared to people who are depositing real money with the place and are showng loyalty."

    I understand moderators are going to speak highly of sponsoring books, but the easy way of avoiding the awkwardness of these dilemmas is not having crap books as sponsors! I mean, if a mod here was talking about BetOnline, or Bet Jam, 5dimes etc etc, it's all honesty. But I guess when forced to try to pump up the likes of Oddsmaker, one is almost forced to make the inexcusable posts like the one quoted above.
    The other thing is that they've had this scam a lot longer than there have been processing issues for all the books. It has nothing to do with 50 people. The promotion is a scam. They don't pay people that win with it.

  32. #32
    pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-07-07
    Posts: 14,347

    stick to top books. why play at these other books?

  33. #33
    Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-14-06
    Posts: 6,435
    Betpoints: 4351

    I actually did the $50 promo and turned it into $1500 and received payment of $1,492 ($8 fee). It took a month for a wire which was way too long. I would have reloaded but the month payout and SBR threads kept me away. Sounds like I was a lucky one.

  34. #34
    minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-07
    Posts: 10,283
    Betpoints: 3429


  35. #35
    juzgotlucky
    juzgotlucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-14-08
    Posts: 173

    definitely NAY! The fisrt time i saw their site its just really NOT that interesting after all.

12 Last
Top