Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Do you ever overthink a game?

Don't you ever just feel that the better team will win a game?
    yea i guess so...i overthink everything. but i mean...did you ask yourself why vegas would set this line- to me the only reason i can think of is to set up a mass murder.

also maybe lookin ahead and the fact that they lost to the nets last game (which could also be a reason why they'd want to destroy the sixers tonight)

if you guys dont think theres "funny-business" then you haven't been doing this long enough. but i suppose sometimes, a lot of times even the better team does win- just less often when you see a spread like this.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    yea i guess so...i overthink everything. but i mean...did you ask yourself why vegas would set this line- to me the only reason i can think of is to set up a mass murder. also maybe lookin ahead and the fact that they lost to the nets last game (which could also be a reason why they'd want to destroy the sixers tonight) if you guys dont think theres "funny-business" then you haven't been doing this long enough. but i suppose sometimes, a lot of times even the better team does win- just less often when you see a spread like this.

While I agree, I was wondering why Vegas had the line so low. Could only figure it was because someone was out for the Bulls, and I just didn't check before I put my bet down.

But since there are no injuries, it really makes you think what's going on. But some of us are very naive and don't believe that Pro games are fixed, and Vegas always wins.

That being said, did you happen to see that Pitt was only -5 at Cleveland last week, with Clevelands best player being a game time decision, and Pitt playing for a bye and home field? That was awfully fishy to me, and I thought I was going to get killed on that game.
    But the better team blew them out, as they should of.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

yea i guess so...i overthink everything. but i mean...did you ask yourself why vegas would set this line- to me the only reason i can think of is to set up a mass murder.

also maybe lookin ahead and the fact that they lost to the nets last game (which could also be a reason why they'd want to destroy the sixers tonight)

if you guys dont think theres "funny-business" then you haven't been doing this long enough. but i suppose sometimes, a lot of times even the better team does win- just less often when you see a spread like this.
    So do you think Vegas just fixes the result or do you think they just are smarter than everyone and know the result in advance? This is a pk em game. I'm pretty usre the Bulls are not going to throw the game. Maybe the refs are bought off.

Glitch

i did see that gates. and pitt was my biggest nfl play this past week but its much different when the playoffs are on the line.

Glitch

do what you want of course- ive been riding the bulls hard lately- got burnt -220 as the only loser in a +600 parlay last game, won with them -9 the game before that, was on them christmas and a bunch of other times this year. they're a good team. this is just a stay-away for me because its way too obvious. and if it helps make you feel better about your pick- yes im a crazy conspiracy theorist.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

i did see that gates. and pitt was my biggest nfl play this past week but its much different when the playoffs are on the line.

I agree...A game in the middle of the season doesn't mean shit to them, but still, after losing to a Nets team, I'm sure they'll wanna come out and play good.

D Rose isn't the type of guy that "takes a night off" because the next night they have a big game. Favorable matchups across the board for the Bulls.

There is nothing Obvious about the game. Yes the line is low, but who really knows why it's set low? Could be plenty of reasons, From Vegas wants everyone on Chicago getting points, so the books win big, all the way to, The Bulls just lost to a shit team, and the 76ers have been playing decent lately.

I'm confident about my pick. I don't normally take games that I think will lose. Of course half of them do lose, but I don't think they will or second guess them once I make my pick.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate your input. Always look forward to seeing peoples thoughts on a game that I have money on.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I might be playing the Bulls. The line is "too" screwy. They should put neon lights around the line next time to get everyone's attention. Every contrarian in the world is going to be taking Philly.

If the line was Bulls-5, no one would think twice taking them off a loss. With Philly laying 1, they now have people scared.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line on this game tells me all I want to know. I will stay far far far away from this game. NBA>Friday Night>Home Dogs=$$$$$$..good luck to all of you guys that are betting this game.

Bourne
    Bourne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can someone explain something to me?

People are worried this is a "trap" game. This means they think Vegas knows something that we don't, or that the game is fixed (and that is what Vegas knows). Can't do anything about anything if it's fixed, but if it's the other reason - that Vegas knows something we don't - don't you think that if you think Vegas is so much better than you at capping games because they get info like this, shouldn't you avoid trying to beat them at all?

Bottom line is that I don't believe in trap games.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    The line on this game tells me all I want to know. I will stay far far far away from this game. NBA>Friday Night>Home Dogs=$$$$$$..good luck to all of you guys that are betting this game.

mmmmmmmmmmm rooster i lovvvvvveeeeeeeee it

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    Can someone explain something to me?

People are worried this is a "trap" game. This means they think Vegas knows something that we don't, or that the game is fixed (and that is what Vegas knows). Can't do anything about anything if it's fixed, but if it's the other reason - that Vegas knows something we don't - don't you think that if you think Vegas is so much better than you at capping games because they get info like this, shouldn't you avoid trying to beat them at all?

Bottom line is that I don't believe in trap games.

means Vegas would offer an incredibly low line on the Bulls(+1) knowing full well the Sixers have a great shot to win by 4 or 5, imo.

obamaismyuncle

Philly is a pretty good home team and the Bulls are rather sketchy on the road...

66% on the Bulls and the number hasn't moved. Gonna look into this game more.

cblackgold
    cblackgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

HaHa after you seen his wagers

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Philly is a pretty good home team and the Bulls are rather sketchy on the road...

66% on the Bulls and the number hasn't moved. Gonna look into this game more.
    Sketchy against top teams. The Nets loss was their first road loss to a sub-.500 team. The other 7 losses were against OKC, Bos, SA, LA, Den (by 1 w/o Rose), Bos, NYK. Wins over Hou, Dall, Pho, Sac, Cle, Tor, Wash, Det.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    I played Bulls at pick em yesterday. I am a Sixers fan but just being realistic about this game.
    C'mon man wheres your philly pride

Glitch

also i remember these two teams met earlier in the year and the bulls sh*t on them....i had Holiday (philly pg) over 12 points or something like that- pretty sure he only scored 8 with derrick rose draped all over him. in fact im pretty sure it was a slaughter...im gonna look it up right now:

yeah on 12-21-10, just a couple weeks ago (no noah)- the bulls beat the sixers 121-76 (ha ya thats right 76ers scored 76) thats 45 points...now its bulls +1?

these arent a buncha monkeys pressing buttons that set these lines. definitely fishy.
    Last edited by Glitch; 01-07-11 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added bold.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Has anyone mentioned the coach benching Boozer in the 4th last game?

This might have something to do with it...

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scalabrine is questionable for tonight.

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

gotta take the bulls here

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the coach benching Boozer in the 4th last game? This might have something to do with it...

Yep that was my first thought as to why the game was so low...But there was no answer really given for the benching.

Boozer will start tonight and go for his standard 20/10.

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone else think that NYK is a trap?

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    Knicks +3 is a great play, imo. Line movement doesn't agree, but I think the Knicks win.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Scalabrine is questionable for tonight.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Knicks +3 is a great play, imo. Line movement doesn't agree, but I think the Knicks win.

Obama, I like you.

You think the Bulls game is fishy, but you like the Knicks, whose line was also set @ +1. The Bulls have stayed even though it looks the money is on them. The Knicks line has moved 1.5 points to +3 even though the money is on them.

So is there really something fishy about the Bulls game, or You just don't think they win. Because there would also be something fishy about the Knicks according to your logic, but you say they are a great play, because you think the win.

?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

I kinda laughed also.

Glitch

i kinda understand the knicks line a lot more than this one. the suns when at full scoring potential are hard to keep up with and they may know some of amare's weaknesses. plus the knicks have a history of being the knicks.

redbull
    redbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

yeap. bulls is good option. rose + boozer destroy philies
    knick v suns , dont like warp speed game. too rollercoster.

Glitch

heres a question: what do you guys think this line should be? i say bulls -9

redbull
    redbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

no. its 5 point game at 4th quarter.

cblackgold
    cblackgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

bulls -3

Glitch

not asking for your prediction of whether or not one team will get within 5 of the other at some point in the 4th quarter- im asking you what the spread should be in your opinion.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

i kinda understand the knicks line a lot more than this one. the suns when at full scoring potential are hard to keep up with and they may know some of amare's weaknesses. plus the knicks have a history of being the knicks.

Yep...Amares first game against Phoenix since the trade, and it's at Phoenix to boot. Most likely alot of emotions going through him, and I'm sure it will be a warm reception there for him. Like you said Phoenix is back to full strength. Dudley/Pietrus both play fairly good defense. Phoenix is full of options as far as shooters. Nothing like having Channing Frye playing the Center position and pulling Amare or Turiaf out of the lane.

+ no Danilo Gallinari for the Knicks kinda sucks, because he stretches the court at the 4 spot. Most likely be Felton/Fields/Chandler/Amare/Turiaf. That's a big difference going from 5 good offensive minded players to only 4, but it should match up ok with whoever Phoenix starting Center is, because neither of them 2 are much of an offensive threat.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Obama, I like you.

You think the Bulls game is fishy, but you like the Knicks, whose line was also set @ +1. The Bulls have stayed even though it looks the money is on them. The Knicks line has moved 1.5 points to +3 even though the money is on them.

So is there really something fishy about the Bulls game, or You just don't think they win.
    Because there would also be something fishy about the Knicks according to your logic, but you say they are a great play, because you think the win.

?
    I think the Bulls should be -3 to -4 here, not +1, that's what scares me. Lots of time for this line to move though.

The Knicks play is just a feeling. I think the Knicks win.

beaunose2002
    beaunose2002's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Bulls gave them a whooping last game then Philly will be looking to win. Hard to beat a team twice in a short period.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Bulls line should be 6.

First 12345 Last