manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

cfb is the pure essence of gambling

it's hard to describe but something about it

parlay and teaser heaven

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Some posters here are definitely lost without CFB and are severely stressing. I understand. It means a lot to many of us. We equate the turning of the leaves with all the splendor that is college football. A glorious time of the year no doubt.

We are all hurting.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Some posters here are definitely lost without CFB and are severely stressing. I understand. It means a lot to many of us. We equate the turning of the leaves with all the splendor that is college football. A glorious time of the year no doubt.

We are all hurting.
    Hallmark just called... They want their weeping violins and saccharine prose back.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Stop talking out of your ass. If the majority of players didn't want to play, there would be zero discussion about having a season. The fact of the matter is the majority of players do want to play, and big names like Lawrence and Fields are spearheading the sentiment by starting a hashtag movement on Twitter. It's ultimately not their decision, but the season won't be canceled for a lack of player desire. Don't spin the narrative just because you couldn't read past the headline.
    Of course the majority of players want to play. They wouldn’t be football players if they couldn’t play. Many of them are concerned, with good reason. This new report of several players having heart problems after Covid is concerning.

i can see the NFL playing because the players are being paid. I just don’t see CFB playing because the risk is too high for the universities, even though players and coaches want to play. Unless all the players sign waivers, which they won’t. Unfortunately, until we have a vaccine or cure, all college sports are toast. Sucks because it impacts so many athletes and students. I feel bad for these college students. Talk about bad timing.

Mac4Lyfe

The saddest part of all of this is that we could have nipped this virus in the bud early on. The bubble concept works. The NHL, NBA, and WNBA has had zero cases. We should have bubbles up the country for 2 to 3 weeks. We’d eliminate the virus almost entirely like New Zealand did and are totally wide open today. We half assed a pandemic when we should have kicked it’s ass early. Now are schools, sports and lives are fukked up.

homie1975

Hallmark just called... They want their weeping violins and saccharine prose back.
    just trying to offset some of your saltine breath, Brother

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The saddest part of all of this is that we could have nipped this virus in the bud early on. The bubble concept works. The NHL, NBA, and WNBA has had zero cases. We should have bubbles up the country for 2 to 3 weeks. We’d eliminate the virus almost entirely like New Zealand did and are totally wide open today. We half assed a pandemic when we should have kicked it’s ass early. Now are schools, sports and lives are fukked up.
    People keep acting as if this wasn't from one single person in China that led to all of this , literally one person . It spread literally around the entire World yet we could've stopped it ? Quit fooling yourself. 15M+ yet we could've stopped it ? Not happening .
    We shut the country down for months , some still shutdown .
    There is literally no way possible to stop 340M from getting food , groceries , working to provide food for their family .
    Nobody is stopping a virus to the point of zero . We've lived with the flu for hundreds of years yet can't get a shot that guarantees you won't get it yet we could've stopped this ?
    Viruses , plagues happen yet nobody has stopped any one of them yet and won't.
    H1N1 - 1.4 Billion worldwide with up to 500,000 deaths in 2009

Asian Flu - Killed 1.1 million worldwide in the 50's

Spanish Flu - Killed 100 million worldwide in 1918

You don't stop it , you try to manage it ,try to learn from it and move onward .

homie1975

Slipper, it was accidentally on purpose released from a WUHAN Lab next to the wet market, but I digress.......

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    People keep acting as if this wasn't from one single person in China that led to all of this , literally one person . It spread literally around the entire World yet we could've stopped it ? Quit fooling yourself. 15M+ yet we could've stopped it ? Not happening .
    We shut the country down for months , some still shutdown .
    There is literally no way possible to stop 340M from getting food , groceries , working to provide food for their family .
    Nobody is stopping a virus to the point of zero . We've lived with the flu for hundreds of years yet can't get a shot that guarantees you won't get it yet we could've stopped this ?
    Viruses , plagues happen yet nobody has stopped any one of them yet and won't.
    H1N1 - 1.4 Billion worldwide with up to 500,000 deaths in 2009

Asian Flu - Killed 1.1 million worldwide in the 50's

Spanish Flu - Killed 100 million worldwide in 1918

You don't stop it , you try to manage it ,try to learn from it and move onward .
    We could have stopped it but takes aggressive, radical action like the sports bubbles. If you lockdown/quarantine everyone, the virus CANNOT spread. New Zealand had zero cases in the last 3.5 months. They just had a family of 4 get it and they shut the city of Auckland down and went to contact tracing. 2 weeks from now, they will be Covid free again. So here we are, Covid rampant and we’ve been in a half assed shutdown that has killed our people, sports, businesses, schools, etc., while they’ve had months of wide open back to normal, no social distancing.

Americans are selfish. They only look out for themselves. No one wants to sacrifice, not even 2 weeks of their freedom in order to enjoy many more months of Covid free. There is only one way to stop a pandemic. It starts with a plan that everyone agrees with which must be a total quarantine of all infected. Because we shit the bed and don’t have a clue who is infected, we ALL must quarantine to eradicate this virus.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    cfb is the pure essence of gambling

it's hard to describe but something about it

parlay and teaser heaven
    Obviously you are NOT a gambler. Sports wagering of any kind is not the "pure essence" of gambling. Sports gambling is strictly for the desperate suckers who do not have the knowledge or the money to participate in REAL gaming, such as Craps, Black Jack, Poker, and Baccarat. Parlays and Teasers are for dreamers. You may as well play the lottery. It is obvious that few, if any people in here have the knowledge, or power to make anything of substance happen in here.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    We could have stopped it but takes aggressive, radical action like the sports bubbles. If you lockdown/quarantine everyone, the virus CANNOT spread. New Zealand had zero cases in the last 3.5 months. They just had a family of 4 get it and they shut the city of Auckland down and went to contact tracing. 2 weeks from now, they will be Covid free again. So here we are, Covid rampant and we’ve been in a half assed shutdown that has killed our people, sports, businesses, schools, etc., while they’ve had months of wide open back to normal, no social distancing.

Americans are selfish. They only look out for themselves. No one wants to sacrifice, not even 2 weeks of their freedom in order to enjoy many more months of Covid free. There is only one way to stop a pandemic. It starts with a plan that everyone agrees with which must be a total quarantine of all infected. Because we shit the bed and don’t have a clue who is infected, we ALL must quarantine to eradicate this virus.
    I often disagree with Mac but this time he has hit the nail on the head. You guys are very selfish. Like many American, especially minorities, you want everything handed to you. The game is not played that way. Either shut the country down completely or let the disease run it's course no matter how many people it kills. No more of this middle of the road B.S.

Eddy Munny

BigdaddyQH

If Trevor Lawrence can't play football this year, would you volunteer to toss the ol' pigskin around the yard with him?

Some of these athletes, it's all they know... It's not fair to take that away from them and leave them in the lurch.

If you have any compassion in your heart, Bigdaddy, any whatsoever, you'll pick up the slack and play catch with Trevor Lawrence, and his colored friend, Justin Fields. Can we agree that that's a reasonable request?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

BigdaddyQH

If Trevor Lawrence can't play football this year, would you volunteer to toss the ol' pigskin around the yard with him?

Some of these athletes, it's all they know... It's not fair to take that away from them and leave them in the lurch.

If you have any compassion in your heart, Bigdaddy, any whatsoever, you'll pick up the slack and play catch with Trevor Lawrence, and his colored friend, Justin Fields. Can we agree that that's a reasonable request?
    No and I will tell you why. It has nothing to do with the color of those two. It has everything to do with the fact that they do NOT belong in a college or University. They are there at the mercy of the University. The University can easily survive without them, but they cannot survive without the University. What is not fair is these athletes taking a spot away from a deserving student who would otherwise be accepted in the school. Why should hard working students and parents have to pay ridiculous costs to go to school when a couple of hundred athletes, 95% of which will never amount to anything, get a free ride? Obviously you do not have children who are trying to attend a major University. If you did, you would understand what I am talking about.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I think I meant to post this here...

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    lol these dumbass players think money grows on trees and that the world revolves around them...
    Wherever it's posted, these players appear uneducated on how things work.

lol

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    No and I will tell you why. It has nothing to do with the color of those two. It has everything to do with the fact that they do NOT belong in a college or University. They are there at the mercy of the University. The University can easily survive without them, but they cannot survive without the University. What is not fair is these athletes taking a spot away from a deserving student who would otherwise be accepted in the school. Why should hard working students and parents have to pay ridiculous costs to go to school when a couple of hundred athletes, 95% of which will never amount to anything, get a free ride? Obviously you do not have children who are trying to attend a major University. If you did, you would understand what I am talking about.
    While I respect your opinion, it hurts me that you won't play catch with Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.

I don't wanna hear about the unfair advantages scholarship athletes have over the rest of the student body, Bigdaddy. That's neither here nor there. I just want you to commit to playing catch with these gentlemen. It can be in your backyard, their backyard, or a public square of your choosing. Please reconsider this decision. This is an opportunity for you to act as a fatherly figure to these young men, especially considering Justin Fields is a colored individual who is of greater likelihood to have been reared in a fatherless home. The statistics tell us so.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

While I respect your opinion, it hurts me that you won't play catch with Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.

I don't wanna hear about the unfair advantages scholarship athletes have over the rest of the student body, Bigdaddy. That's neither here nor there. I just want you to commit to playing catch with these gentlemen. It can be in your backyard, their backyard, or a public square of your choosing. Please reconsider this decision. This is an opportunity for you to act as a fatherly figure to these young men, especially considering Justin Fields is a colored individual who is of greater likelihood to have been reared in a fatherless home. The statistics tell us so.
    I think you had better lay off the drugs. My argument makes perfect sense and there is NOTHING you can do to refute it. Your entire proposal is totally insane. What makes you think that these two kids would commit to playing catch with me. Here is the way it works. Peons like yourself must commit to ME first. I COME FIRST. Now if either one of those kids want to play catch with me, they MUST ask ME first. I come first. The rest of you come second. Now if I am contacted by one of these kids who requests that I play catch with them, I certainly will give it due consideration at that time. Maybe a selfie with them. Who knows. But I sure as hell am not going to commit to anything that YOU say. Just who are you? A nobody? A troublemaker who has such a huge inferiority complex that he has to come up with stupid discussions like this. I will determine what is fair and what is unfair. NOT YOU. You are worthless. OK Big mouth, contact your two lovers and ask them to play catch with me. Once I hear from them, and confirm the fact that it is actually them, and not some fraud like yourself talking to me, I will give both them and YOU my answer. Not until then. Got it brain dead?

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

They obviously have a new employee playing the role of the BigDaddy character on SBR

Eddy Munny

I think you had better lay off the drugs. My argument makes perfect sense and there is NOTHING you can do to refute it. Your entire proposal is totally insane. What makes you think that these two kids would commit to playing catch with me. Here is the way it works. Peons like yourself must commit to ME first. I COME FIRST. Now if either one of those kids want to play catch with me, they MUST ask ME first. I come first. The rest of you come second. Now if I am contacted by one of these kids who requests that I play catch with them, I certainly will give it due consideration at that time. Maybe a selfie with them. Who knows. But I sure as hell am not going to commit to anything that YOU say. Just who are you? A nobody? A troublemaker who has such a huge inferiority complex that he has to come up with stupid discussions like this. I will determine what is fair and what is unfair. NOT YOU. You are worthless. OK Big mouth, contact your two lovers and ask them to play catch with me. Once I hear from them, and confirm the fact that it is actually them, and not some fraud like yourself talking to me, I will give both them and YOU my answer. Not until then. Got it brain dead?
    Well I've got great news for you, Bigdaddy... They DO want to play catch with you, they really do!

How do I know? Well let's just say I know people in high places. I mean I don't like to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal on the college football landscape. My connections run deep and are verified across various fronts. In high school they called me "snakehips" because I could slither through a crease and bolt to daylight like I was shot out of a cannon. They still use my old film in football training camps in the southeast region and I collect royalty payments to this day for allowing them to do so.

But yeah, I heard through the grapevine that in the event there was no college football, that both Trevor and Justin wanted to play catch with someone to simulate the gameday experience. Due to widespread COVID-19 lockdown, they were having trouble finding someone who felt comfortable being in public and playing catch. So that's where I come in, see. I decided I would arrange a throw-and-catch session with an ordinary joe. AAAND that's where YOU come in...

Hear me out, Bigdaddy... I showed them some of your posts and they were so thrilled with the idea of being able to play catch with a die-hard, knowledgeable college football fan such as yourself, they were adamant that geographic distance was no obstacle. They would be willing to fly to anywhere in the country, on their own dime, to play catch with YOU, Bigdaddy. With your cooperation, they envision triangulating positions in an open space with soft grass, and just chuckin that football about the yard and having a gay old time!

I can act as go-between if you wish to communicate your interest to NCAAF champion Trevor Lawrence and renowned colored quarter, Justin Fields. You wanna toss the rock and shoot the breeze with a couple of All-Americans? Huh Bigdaddy? Your move, boss.

manny24
    pay Bobby

BigDaddyqh is 4 foot nothing and posts like an at risk pre-teen it's embarrassing

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    BigDaddyqh is 4 foot nothing and posts like an at risk pre-teen it's embarrassing
    Do you think that after some thoughtful consideration, Bigdaddy will agree to play catch with Trevor and Justin?

homie1975

Do you think that after some thoughtful consideration, Bigdaddy will agree to play catch with Trevor and Justin?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Eddy. I am having a check run on you by the Federal Government. Let's see what they come up with. I believe that you are nothing but a liar. your story is Bull S**t. That is my belief. I challenge you to PROVE what you said. Show me, and everyone else in here, just how many "people in high places" you really know. Show us your alleged "connections" that "run deep and are verified across various fronts." You are a known drug addict. That is a matter of public record. I hope to have you committed, but there are a lot more important people to get rid of out there than you. You are nothing but a person trying to make a big deal out of the color of a certain football player. Why do you continually refer to Fields as a "renowned colored quarter..." Do you have a problem with that.

If you can do so much, you WILL have your worthless lying arse, along with Lawrence and Fields, at the San Diego CA Airport by tomorrow, 12 noon PDT. If not, I will hunt you down like the cowardly lying animal that you are. If I find you, you can spread your legs, bend over, and kiss your arse good-bye.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Watch out Munny, BigDaddy's gonna break out his bat...

Eddy Munny

Eddy. I am having a check run on you by the Federal Government. Let's see what they come up with. I believe that you are nothing but a liar. your story is Bull S**t. That is my belief. I challenge you to PROVE what you said. Show me, and everyone else in here, just how many "people in high places" you really know. Show us your alleged "connections" that "run deep and are verified across various fronts." You are a known drug addict. That is a matter of public record. I hope to have you committed, but there are a lot more important people to get rid of out there than you. You are nothing but a person trying to make a big deal out of the color of a certain football player. Why do you continually refer to Fields as a "renowned colored quarter..." Do you have a problem with that.

If you can do so much, you WILL have your worthless lying arse, along with Lawrence and Fields, at the San Diego CA Airport by tomorrow, 12 noon PDT. If not, I will hunt you down like the cowardly lying animal that you are. If I find you, you can spread your legs, bend over, and kiss your arse good-bye.
    Little grumpy today, big guy? Listen, if playing catch isn't your thing all you had to do was say so. There's no reason to get Dick Tracy on the phone, or dispatch the A-Team to my house to rough me up and take my lunch money. I was only trying to do everyone a favor, a gesture of goodwill in these uncertain times.

One can only speculate as to why you're experiencing such a negative reaction to a proposed catch session with two All-American triggermen. Maybe you have cinder blocks for hands? Hmm, fella? Maybe you're trying to save yourself the embarrassment of Trevor Lawrence threading the needle and hitting you square in the proverbial numbers only to have the ball slip through your hands, ricochet off your nipples, careen off your schnoz and tumble to the turf? Maybe the thought of running a crossing route for ballyhooed colored quarterback Justin Fields, tripping over your own feet, somersaulting at the hash mark and getting a face full of dirt while the ball sails overhead is giving you night terrors? Maybe they called you butterfingers in high school?

I will talk to them, Bigdaddy. I will let them know that you're a tick or two below the caliber of receiver they're accustomed to throwing to. I will inquire as to whether or not they are okay with their completion percentage seeing a dramatic drop when playing catch with you. They don't seem like the judgmental type. You're way overthinking this. Don't let those gameday jitters get the best of you, fella.

As for my credentials? Well, like I said, I'm a big deal. I'm just a real big fukkin deal and everyone knows it. I'm the toast of the town and sometimes I'll carry a scepter with me just to remind myself of my lofty social standing. I like to make my own rules and if people don't like it, they can hit the road jack. I often hit crowded spaces without any face covering of any sort, forgo social distancing, and just strut around like a fukkin pigeon. Then the minute one of these beta monkey mask wearers approach me, I tug on their mask and let it snap back on their face. It always draws a laugh and then the ladies drape their panties about me like a clothesline.

If you still wanna play catch with Trevor and his colored friend, Justin Fields, then you need to step your game up. Remember who's doing who a favor here, tough guy. If you behave and conduct yourself like housebroken human being, maybe I'll even let you touch my scepter.

Last edited by Eddy Munny; 08-12-20 at 03:07 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Little grumpy today, big guy? Listen, if playing catch isn't your thing all you had to do was say so. There's no reason to get Dick Tracy on the phone, or dispatch the A-Team to my house to rough me up and take my lunch money. I was only trying to do everyone a favor, a gesture of goodwill in these uncertain times.

One can only speculate as to why you're experiencing such a negative reaction to a proposed catch session with two All-American triggermen. Maybe you have cinder blocks for hands? Hmm, fella? Maybe you're trying to save yourself the embarrassment of Trevor Lawrence threading the needle and hitting you square in the proverbial numbers only to have the ball slip through your hands, ricochet off your nipples, careen off your schnoz and tumble to the turf? Maybe the thought of running a crossing route for ballyhooed colored quarterback Justin Fields, tripping over your own feet, somersaulting at the hash mark and getting a face full of dirt while the ball sails overhead is giving you night terrors? Maybe they called you butterfingers in high school?

I will talk to them, Bigdaddy. I will let them know that you're a tick or two below the caliber of receiver they're accustomed to throwing to. I will inquire as to whether or not they are okay with their completion percentage seeing a dramatic drop when playing catch with you. They don't seem like the judgmental type. You're way overthinking this. Don't let those gameday jitters get the best of you, fella.

As for my credentials? Well, like I said, I'm a big deal. I'm just a real big fukkin deal and everyone knows it. I'm the toast of the town and sometimes I'll carry a scepter with me just to remind myself of my lofty social standing. I like to make my own rules and if people don't like it, they can hit the road jack. I often hit crowded spaces without any face covering of any sort, forgo social distancing, and just strut around like a fukkin pigeon. Then the minute one of these beta monkey mask wearers approach me, I tug on their mask and let it snap back on their face. It always draws a laugh and then the ladies drape their panties about me like a clothesline.

If you still wanna play catch with Trevor and his colored friend, Justin Fields, then you need to step your game up. Remember who's doing who a favor here, tough guy. If you behave and conduct yourself like housebroken human being, maybe I'll even let you touch my scepter.

I ran a check on you. You are NOT who you say you are. You ARE a person who suffers from various mental conditions and illusions of grandeur. You have no money, no family, and no life. Your brain has been fried by the drugs you abused, as your arrest record will attest to. As far as I am concerned, you are nothing but a piece of caca. I do not converse to trash like yourself. I request that you cease sending me messages. Just go on your way. If you do not like my decision, then hop on a plane and tell me in person, if you dare. You will not, because you are too afraid of losing your worthless life.

Eddy Munny

I ran a check on you. You are NOT who you say you are. You ARE a person who suffers from various mental conditions and illusions of grandeur. You have no money, no family, and no life. Your brain has been fried by the drugs you abused, as your arrest record will attest to. As far as I am concerned, you are nothing but a piece of caca. I do not converse to trash like yourself. I request that you cease sending me messages. Just go on your way. If you do not like my decision, then hop on a plane and tell me in person, if you dare. You will not, because you are too afraid of losing your worthless life.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Points Awarded:

Eddy Munny gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny

What's this world coming to? Most sports nuts would leap at the opportunity to play catch with a couple of NCAAF superstars. BigdaddyQH, on the other hand, issues a "cease and desist" order. I'm beginning to think Bigdaddy isn't a sports nut at all, but perhaps just a nut in general.

Bigdaddy, you are a real piece of work... and an ungrateful, cantankerous bastard if I've ever seen one.

I await your apology. You have 12 hours to issue a heartfelt apology or else my offer is off the table.

Trevor, Justin, and myself deserve better.

manny24
    pay Bobby

quarter human i figured it out
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave manny24 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

What's this world coming to? Most sports nuts would leap at the opportunity to play catch with a couple of NCAAF superstars. BigdaddyQH, on the other hand, issues a "cease and desist" order. I'm beginning to think Bigdaddy isn't a sports nut at all, but perhaps just a nut in general.

Bigdaddy, you are a real piece of work... and an ungrateful, cantankerous bastard if I've ever seen one.

I await your apology. You have 12 hours to issue a heartfelt apology or else my offer is off the table.

Let me put this in terms that even a dumb S.O.B. like yourself will understand. I know that you are a fraud. You are nothing more than a piece of feces IMO. GO F**K OFF!!!

homie1975

homie1975

Eddy is a wordsmith, just shredding dudes mercilessly (including myself) in the most sophisticated English spoken on this here forum.

First 1234 Last