KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Sell tickets to scores of fans disguised as BLM protestors and the bureaucrats will be helpless to stop them.
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this actually happened in some form or another.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Trump backing Lawrence !!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Today's kids are dumber than caca. They are totally incapable of actually thinking for themselves. All they do is follow along. Like 95% of you in here, they are easily controlled by ANYONE who knows how to lead a heard to water. Why does the NFL refuse to develop a legitimate minor league system? Because they know that they have a free one in the Colleges. The truth is simple. White College Football players have a 5% lower graducation rate when compared to all students who do NOT participate in Sports. Black College Football players have a 25% lower graduation rate when compared to those same students. On top of all of this, many of the degrees allegedly "earned" by these students are absolutely worthless, like Black History, Fitness Conditioning and Performance, and many others offered by these colleges. Today's kids expect and look for a free ride. They do not want to actually have to work to earn a living. To them, handouts and welfare is a way of life and they like it. If you want to pay kids to ply in college, make them pass the same entrance exams as every non-athlete who enrolls in that college must pass. Well over 50% would not be able to accomplish that.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

They're adults. Are you telling me they're old enough to get sent to a foreign land and be slaughtered in a war, but not old enough to choose to assume the infinitesimal risk of dying via virus, so that they can enjoy life and play a game that's brought them joy and a sense of purpose their entire lives?
    At one point they were not adults.

teecee

I'm saying football is violent and I really don't want my son to play.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Exactly!

You just solidified my point!

Yes they are amateurs.

Hence the reason if they choose to play, they would need to sign a waiver stating it's their decision, and the school is not at fault should they get sick.

Do you even read before you comment so quickly being eager just to disagree with someone??

Yep, read it. Your waiver idea is idiotic.

They're amateurs. It's not their decision. They have no real power.

There should not be an option for AMATEURS to play if they can't be protected by the powers that be. Period.

But yeah, sign this waiver so those powers can keep making money and also be legally protected.. Are you serious?

If college football and basketball are that important to revenue generation, then it's time to pay the people that actually produce the product.

When players are paid to play, then the schools can introduce a waiver.

At that point, the reward may be worth the risk.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave Black Coffee 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave Black Coffee 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by Black Coffee View Post

There should not be an option for AMATEURS to play if they can't be protected by the powers that be. Period.

But yeah, sign this waiver so those powers can keep making money and also be legally protected.. Are you serious?

If college football and basketball are that important to revenue generation, then it's time to pay the people that actually produce the product.

Post of the year, especially the bolded part.

CLOSE THREAD.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys really think this about protecting players from a corona virus.

Why do you still think that? You have to know what the truth is, or are you guys waiting for some kind of link from the presidents?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post

At one point they were not adults.
    Don't look now SBR, but we may have a genius among us.

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I'm saying football is violent and I really don't want my son to play.
    You'd better lend him your ballerina slippers then.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Post of the year, especially the bolded part.

CLOSE THREAD.
    Not really. He's confusing amateurs with minors. That's not the same thing. Most collegiates are legal adults. Adults sign waivers all the time.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Not really. He's confusing amateurs with minors. That's not the same thing. Most collegiates are legal adults. Adults sign waivers all the time.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Exactly! You just solidified my point!Yes they are amateurs.
    Hence the reason if they choose to play, they would need to sign a waiver stating it's their decision, and the school is not at fault should they get sick.Do you even read before you comment so quickly being eager just to disagree with someone??
    Most athletes will not sign a waiver eliminating the universities responsibility. That’s why they are coming together to form a union of sorts.

Didn’t the entire Clemson team deliberately get Covid, so they would be good to go once the season started? Of course Trevor Lawrence wants to play. His risk is gone now. Tony Boselli’s entire family got Covid and he nearly died but of course his son wants to play now, since he recovered. Him and Trevor trying to get drafted. No wonder they’re pushing to play.

CFB ain’t playing this year. University presidents will not take the risk, especially without fans in the stands where they make a ton of money.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

This is turning into goddamn reddit

sad

homie1975

trevor and justin want to play because their teams are loaded for bear LOL

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Black Coffee View Post

We're not talking money here.

You're adding a completely different topic.

We're talking athletes who want to play (Not get paid) and a solution for the NCAA to not be held accountable

The only thing idiotic is you twisting the topic wise guy.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Thank you

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

We're not talking money here.

You're adding a completely different topic.

We're talking athletes who want to play (Not get paid) and a solution for the NCAA to not be held accountable

The only thing idiotic is you twisting the topic wise guy.
    What athletes are you talking about that don’t want to be paid? I’m sure there’s a few but guys like Lawrence and Fields will get paid. Hell theyre already getting paid.

The NCAA isn’t the group responsible, it’s the universities that assume most of the risk. Most Athletes are not going to sign waivers. Several have already opted out.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What athletes are you talking about that don’t want to be paid? I’m sure there’s a few but guys like Lawrence and Fields will get paid. Hell theyre already getting paid.

The NCAA isn’t the group responsible, it’s the universities that assume most of the risk. Most Athletes are not going to sign waivers. Several have already opted out.

I agree with you some will not sign waivers.

They have that same option not to take the risk just like professional athletes.

The percentage of college athletes who are going to get paid LATER, as pros, is so small, I'm not sure why that is relevant here.

We're talking college players in general.

Not a handful of guys.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

They think they have a choice in the matter?

This isn't about football

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

But if they could sell tickets and fill the stands, this would be a rarity and back page story.

That's the sad reality.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Now it's the MWC that is going to fold up for the fall. Per ESPN: "The Mountain West is postponing its fall sports season because of concerns surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, sources told ESPN. League presidents met Monday afternoon to finalize the decision. Stadium first reported the move."

I get a kick of of HC's like Scott Frost of Nebraska, and Jim Harbaugh of Michigan. who want to play anyone no matter what the Big 10 does. Of course these two terrible HC's have NEVER won any game of consequence.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-10-20 at 05:31 PM.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    But if they could sell tickets and fill the stands, this would be a rarity and back page story.

That's the sad reality.
    KVBer no. They can make tons of money on TV Rev without the gare. The ratings would be off the charts.

Trust me this is about legal liability and CYA against the unknowns of the virus. Trust me.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    KVBer no. They can make tons of money on TV Rev without the gare. The ratings would be off the charts.

Trust me this is about legal liability and CYA against the unknowns of the virus. Trust me.
    I'm not talking about the one's that can play for TV.

I'm talking about 99% of the league. Either way, you make my point. It's about legal liablity, money. They give a rat's ass about the health. If they could abscond the liablity and sell tickets, they'd play in a heartbeat.

teecee

Don't look now SBR, but we may have a genius among us.

You'd better lend him your ballerina slippers then.
    What an ass

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Today's kids are dumber than caca. They are totally incapable of actually thinking for themselves. All they do is follow along. Like 95% of you in here, they are easily controlled by ANYONE who knows how to lead a heard to water. Why does the NFL refuse to develop a legitimate minor league system? Because they know that they have a free one in the Colleges. The truth is simple. White College Football players have a 5% lower graducation rate when compared to all students who do NOT participate in Sports. Black College Football players have a 25% lower graduation rate when compared to those same students. On top of all of this, many of the degrees allegedly "earned" by these students are absolutely worthless, like Black History, Fitness Conditioning and Performance, and many others offered by these colleges. Today's kids expect and look for a free ride. They do not want to actually have to work to earn a living. To them, handouts and welfare is a way of life and they like it. If you want to pay kids to ply in college, make them pass the same entrance exams as every non-athlete who enrolls in that college must pass. Well over 50% would not be able to accomplish that.
    today's kids were raised by your generation. that makes your statement entirely your fault.

Eddy Munny

Are they blackballing Trevor Lawrence because he's transgender?

NCAA may be forced to play on lest they face litigation from the LGBT community.

Discuss.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t think anyone cares with these players think why even play a couple games and then the virus spreads even more so even worth it

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Imagine that, all the players who are suppose to be high round nfl draft picks want to play. The majority of the role players don’t want to deal with it. I wonder if Trevor Lawrence will pay for these guys medical bills if they have health problems related to this down the road

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

LOL
    More SBR sports experts

Trevor Lawrence doesn't have to play one more second of college football to be the #1 pick in the NFL draft when he is eligible

He is actually risking more by playing

You guys are unreal

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Imagine that, all the players who are suppose to be high round nfl draft picks want to play. The majority of the role players don’t want to deal with it. I wonder if Trevor Lawrence will pay for these guys medical bills if they have health problems related to this down the road
    Trevor and justin are the top 2 heisman trophy candidates with stacked teams and they both missed the national title last year so of course they want to play.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Until Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Many Others finish their medical training, lets stick with following safety guidelines from the director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases whose primary role is overseeing "an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as respiratory infections"

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Stop talking out of your ass. If the majority of players didn't want to play, there would be zero discussion about having a season. The fact of the matter is the majority of players do want to play, and big names like Lawrence and Fields are spearheading the sentiment by starting a hashtag movement on Twitter. It's ultimately not their decision, but the season won't be canceled for a lack of player desire. Don't spin the narrative just because you couldn't read past the headline.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Stop talking out of your ass. If the majority of players didn't want to play, there would be zero discussion about having a season. The fact of the matter is the majority of players do want to play, and big names like Lawrence and Fields are spearheading the sentiment by starting a hashtag movement on Twitter. It's ultimately not their decision, but the season won't be canceled for a lack of player desire. Don't spin the narrative just because you couldn't read past the headline.
    gopuke is a moron

Like I said, Lawrence is a GUARANTEED #1 pick when eligible
    The only thing that could change that is injury

He wants to play because he is competitive

If he only cared about the NFL he would try to play the least amount of college possible before he can go to the draft

The other top players are in a similar situation, yet still want to play

The players who aren't yet top picks obviously want to play to move up the board with good play

This place is scary stupid sometimes

That being said, I certainly understand if someone didn't want to play with covid around, but to insinuate that the top players are coercing lesser players to play is beyond dumb
    Last edited by maggiethebestdog; 08-10-20 at 11:14 PM.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    gopuke is a moron

Like I said, Lawrence is a GUARANTEED #1 pick when eligible
    The only thing that could change that is injury

He wants to play because he is competitive

If he only cared about the NFL he would try to play the least amount of college possible before he can go the draft

The other top players are in a similar situation, yet still want to play
    Exactly, it's not like Lawrence is motivated to play only to improve his draft stock. There's literally nowhere to go but down when you're the projected #1 overall pick. But snowflakes like Goduke don't have a competitive bone in their body so they wouldn't understand. He'd rather twiddle his thumbs in a homemade hazmat suit, waiting until the CDC tells him it's okay to emerge from his tool shed.

First 1234 Last