yes

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sammy loves Baseball for many reasons... Gambling edge is just one 'em

arrgy
    arrgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1904

In all honesty, it depends on the league. Take the NFL, ever look at all the scores for the entire week? Take today, for the exception of the obvious Jets game, every total was at least 30. I basically threw that game and the Denver game out, and set up 10-13 point Over teasers on a round robin approach, every single teaser hit and I made a real nice profit. Go back every week, and for the exception of your low scoring teams, Pitt, Bills, Jets, etc. every game is going at least into the 30s.

Take the Bowls. In games with teams with different records. The team with the more wins so far is 17-4 in scoring first. A trend that has gone back for years.

NHL 75-80% of teams leading after the first period will win the game.

Some things I won't touch. Soccer is top on the list. Losing with a draw makes that sport so difficult. Yet in a typical match day with the EPL, it is rare to find a scoreless game, and betting over .5 total with all its juice is still hugely profitable. So far this year, there has been only one team involved in a back to back scoreless games.

College basketball is somewhat nuts. To me that is a pure ML play. NBA games are super stupid, might as well flip a coin.

MLB most times just depends on the starting pitcher, I know guys who make a ton on the F5, and I know some who make a ton on the 2nd inning no run bet as well.

All the leagues come down to a couple of things, one is money management. Second, unless you are preparing to do live betting and you haven't already wagered, don't watch the game. You are now, more then ever, tempted to hedge or double your bet and get killed in live betting.

arrgy
    arrgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1904

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelchip2 View Post
    In Barry Greenstein's poker book Ace on the River, he has a whole chapter dedicated to poker players that bet sports. Basically the moral of the story is, choose poker or choose sports betting, but not both. The time required to be good at one doesn't allow enough time to be good at both.
    which is why a lot of poker players get creamed at the craps tables. I hate poker, but love craps, and love watching these guys "take a break" and spend a few and lose a lot at a crap table. Its funny and sad.

Thunderground
    Thunderground's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Soccer has a spread.

Man, I long for the days of Tradesports. You could sell a game at 99 (for 0-100 range) five minutes before the game was finished. You could offer 40 or 42 (with 50 being the kickoff price) and let the offer run out after 8 minutes (or any preferred time) in a NBA game. So any early fluctuation that people couldn't stomach got you the best prices. I know books have live betting, but the juice is sky high. Tradesports had almost no juice.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Pick value and it's easy to win. New Orleans was +115 yesterday. Then odds changed to -115, and later -200. (Harden out) If you were able to grab the value before books drop, you win over long haul.

Btw, I think soccer is more beatable then American Sports. Baseball & hockey easier to beat then football. Basketball harder to beat then baseball&hockey but easier then football. College sports easier to beat also.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

YES...next

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All the money you invested in gambling and put in stock market and your a massive winner last 30 years and will happen next 30 years

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

JJ

buy SPDR monthly

jjgold

Sammy excellent long term strategy

Okieirish
    Okieirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2970

A professional might make money on college football, but not pro. Pro goes about last night with Seattle having tons of chances to cover and ending up an inch short of a TD. Lots of pro games go like that. The amount of people that can beat the system is small enough Vegas is not worried. Look at the pick 6. The very best pickers are 55-60%. And the longer the time period is, that will likely go down.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

They are coming back apparently. https://www.tradesports.com/

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    They are coming back apparently. https://www.tradesports.com/
    Oh wow

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Lol who do you book with guy? Are you a pro lol. Grammar cop. Funny. I’d bet I have made more money gambling this year then your formula has...
    I bet that you have not make a penny overall. You guys are nothing more than amateurs. You brag about your winners and conveniently forget about your losers. I guarantee you that I have made more money in the last 10 years than EVERYONE in here added up, because the truth of the matter is that the vast majority of posters in here are LOSERS overall. I have several advantages that you people are lacking. First, I stick to ONE sport. Mine is Football. The only other sport that I seriously wager on is College Hoops and then only when I KNOW that the shave is in. That happens a lot more than people think. I will never tell anyone when that happens because I have a lot of respect for the people who tell me. That is why hoops in general is suck a poor play. Guys who claim to wager on every sport around in fact, wager on NONE. There are so many wanna-be's in here that it is pathetic. If you want to actually play to win, stick to one sport. Become an expert in that one sport. Have a huge bankroll. Do your homework. Most importantly, you either have that something special or not. Most people do not. It is not something you can develop. You either have it or you don't. Despite what some of our Liberal idiot friends think, all men are NOT Created equal.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I bet that you have not make a penny overall. You guys are nothing more than amateurs. You brag about your winners and conveniently forget about your losers. I guarantee you that I have made more money in the last 10 years than EVERYONE in here added up, because the truth of the matter is that the vast majority of posters in here are LOSERS overall. I have several advantages that you people are lacking. First, I stick to ONE sport. Mine is Football. The only other sport that I seriously wager on is College Hoops and then only when I KNOW that the shave is in. That happens a lot more than people think. I will never tell anyone when that happens because I have a lot of respect for the people who tell me. That is why hoops in general is suck a poor play. Guys who claim to wager on every sport around in fact, wager on NONE. There are so many wanna-be's in here that it is pathetic. If you want to actually play to win, stick to one sport. Become an expert in that one sport. Have a huge bankroll. Do your homework. Most importantly, you either have that something special or not. Most people do not. It is not something you can develop. You either have it or you don't. Despite what some of our Liberal idiot friends think, all men are NOT Created equal.
    You are a fukkin loser

Shut the fukk up or I'll slap the fat rolls off your neck

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    You are a fukkin loser

Shut the fukk up or I'll slap the fat rolls off your neck
    dude would be so fun at parties...

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Greenstein went bust specializing in poker

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 887

You are a moron.

jjgold

Everyone’s an amateur when it comes to gambling

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Everyone’s an amateur when it comes to gambling
    Speak for yourself JJ. You can't win anything. You are a failure in everything you do. A total FAILURE!

deeppckts
    deeppckts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Poker is for losers and doesn't scale well
    Sports is about getting good numbers, not picking winners. If you've decided on a bet before even seeing the price, you're definitely a sucker and a losing gambler.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by deeppckts View Post
    ...Sports is about getting good numbers, not picking winners....
    So many will never get this...lol.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Speak for yourself JJ. You can't win anything. You are a failure in everything you do. A total FAILURE!
    we need a big daddy video

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

This is such a strange discussion. If you say yea its beatable then show it. Thats why we are here, right. Atleast it used to be on forums. Wednesday is a great day to begin proving how beatable sportsbetting is. Day 1......Go! No hurry, we got yrs.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
    In all honesty, it depends on the league. Take the NFL, ever look at all the scores for the entire week? Take today, for the exception of the obvious Jets game, every total was at least 30. I basically threw that game and the Denver game out, and set up 10-13 point Over teasers on a round robin approach, every single teaser hit and I made a real nice profit. Go back every week, and for the exception of your low scoring teams, Pitt, Bills, Jets, etc. every game is going at least into the 30s.

Take the Bowls. In games with teams with different records. The team with the more wins so far is 17-4 in scoring first. A trend that has gone back for years.

NHL 75-80% of teams leading after the first period will win the game.

Some things I won't touch. Soccer is top on the list. Losing with a draw makes that sport so difficult. Yet in a typical match day with the EPL, it is rare to find a scoreless game, and betting over .5 total with all its juice is still hugely profitable. So far this year, there has been only one team involved in a back to back scoreless games.

College basketball is somewhat nuts. To me that is a pure ML play. NBA games are super stupid, might as well flip a coin.

MLB most times just depends on the starting pitcher, I know guys who make a ton on the F5, and I know some who make a ton on the 2nd inning no run bet as well.

All the leagues come down to a couple of things, one is money management. Second, unless you are preparing to do live betting and you haven't already wagered, don't watch the game. You are now, more then ever, tempted to hedge or double your bet and get killed in live betting.
    CBB madness at its best; no.11 Butler up 37 - 16 at the half, all is good. Gets outscored 30 - 9 & wins 60 - 58. Spread for was Butler -4.
    Which is why I prefer tennis

DoctorStrong
    DoctorStrong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

10 point sweetheart teasers NFL tease the +4.5's and the +7.5's, easy money

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    I write tickets. 99.9% can be told they are losing as i hand them a ticket, but they dont and wont hear that. They desire to lose money and want no part of logic. They want action and a dream. It makes No sense.
    You cash the lucky (losing player's) stupid parlays all the time too --- be a little honest here. I get your point, but it's a bit much on the exaggeration.

The truth is that yes, most aren't disciplined enough and think what goes into "winning" sports betting isn't literally hard work like any other job. The thing is, you have to be smarter and have angles that most average joes don't have in order to get these advantages or angles. Unless you are a spot player and good 'capper that is allowed to bet $50,000-100,000 on games which is not common (if you win, especially).

The biggest mistake I see time and again is locking on to a side or total and then betting into bad (inflated) numbers. This is usually the favorite and/or over. They would drastically increase their winning % and ROI if they recognized it, even faded it, but that would be too hard for them emotionally --- less action and going against themselves are not what they are there for. I hear ya.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

This is such a strange discussion. If you say yea its beatable then show it. Thats why we are here, right. Atleast it used to be on forums. Wednesday is a great day to begin proving how beatable sportsbetting is. Day 1......Go! No hurry, we got yrs.
    Like I said, only worthwhile if the guy takes $50k plays and there are no taxes. You have to be a huge, spot player to win, or have models and ways to get lots of bets in without changing lines (high volume). These are the only two ways to win.

CIS
    CIS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1532

Maybe it's not beatable in Asia for a long term... Idk, don't bet only in Asia... Started doing a side project tho about 3-month ago but sample is pretty small now to draw any conclusion. But betting in soft bookies is easily beatable. Their lines are often wrong or bookie itself is too slow here. Idk how it is in US but in EU, it's pretty easy to get new bet365 or other local soft bookie accounts to continue business... Hard part is getting the money in. Once u figured that out(via making new accounts, buying, using stakers etc) then its pretty easy route by being disciplined enough and taking good info bets only. Hardest part is and always will be the human factor. Which means becoming too emotional when it is not necessary. Once you become deattached from the outcome and focusing only on the process, the reward comes by itself.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: proser30

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Impossible. Waste of time until tournament
    Laker, you can’t play NFL sides and totals regularly and then say NCAA is impossible pre-tourney.

First ... 3456789 ... Last