Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    25 & 8
    And people said Anthony Tolliver deserves a job in the NBA, or Thon Maker, and Carmelo Anthony doesn't.

Idiots bro.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Anthony Tolliver is thinking why is this bum on the floor while I'm riding the pine?
    Dumbest post of the year? Lol. IBetYou, stop knee jerk reacting. Anthony Tolliver couldn't drop 25 and 8 if his life depended on it. Guy can't play defense either. Gets abused on both ends of the court, and you want him starting?

Man you would run an NBA team into the ground.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Not a knee-jerk reaction. I have been aware of his propensity to lose and made money off it for many years. If you actually bet on games I expect you'd be aware of it too! I won on the Blazers tonight. Bulls are a cupcake.

Goat Milk

Not a knee-jerk reaction. I have been aware of his propensity to lose and made money off it for many years. If you actually bet on games I expect you'd be aware of it too! I won on the Blazers tonight. Bulls are a cupcake.
    Lose or not lose, never compare the likes of Anthony Tolliver to Carmelo. If Melo was 40 years old and Tolliver was 24, Melo would still put up better numbers on both ends of the court.

The guys who said Carmelo shouldn't be in the league have no clue what they're saying. 90% of players on NBA benches can't score 25 points in an NBA game. They couldn't even get off 20 shots if they tried. They need someone to get them open for those shots. They can't create them by themselves.

So explain how someone who can score 25 points in an NBA game, after being away from the league for 1.5 years, can't play basketball anymore?

Laughable storylines.

Same as Kapernick. Trying to tell me that the losers who are playing on the lions or bengals or dolphins are better qbs than Kapernick?

Lmfao.

Idiots everywhere in the sports world.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Tonight's game was tailor made for Anthony. Bulls can not defend wings

IBetYou

So explain how someone who can score 25 points in an NBA game, after being away from the league for 1.5 years, can't play basketball anymore?

He'd probably do OK in Europe. Derrick Williams is a similar player, could put up 25 in the NBA on a good night. He plays in Turkey...

Anyway, ironic you talking about knee-jerk reactions. You act like this confirms your belief. Anyone can have a game. I remember K.Bryant in his final season was awful for 81 games and then put up 60pts in his finale.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Let the overreactions flood in. Of course Melo still has good games in him. He was a great NBA player not too long ago. That doesn't mean he's not washed up.

You have to factor in the liability he is on defense. Everyone already knew he could score on a good day. There's a reason teams weren't clamoring for him

If he has as many games like this as games where he does nothing, or even worse than nothing (i.e. shoots sub-40% with multiple turnovers) then I'll say I was wrong. I'd be happy to be wrong, but pretty sure it's not gonna happen

IBetYou

Yeah, a 1-man flood.

blankoblanco

Yeah, a 1-man flood.
    lol, true, I was preempting the overreactions I expected to come quickly after the game. Right now it's pretty much just Goat

And Goat's arguing against a strawman to begin with. Of course Carmelo can have a spot in the league, he just has to accept his role. He's not gonna save a team or be a star, but he can still offer some bursts of offense at the cost of some defense

IBetYou

It's understandable... people that don't bet NBA regularly just aren't privy to it. People that play NBA video games of 10 years ago, or watch NBA DVD Classics featuring NBA stars of the 00s are up in arms about guys like him having scarce opportunities.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 11-25-19 at 11:49 PM.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Let the overreactions flood in. Of course Melo still has good games in him. He was a great NBA player not too long ago. That doesn't mean he's not washed up.

You have to factor in the liability he is on defense. Everyone already knew he could score on a good day. There's a reason teams weren't clamoring for him

If he has as many games like this as games where he does nothing, or even worse than nothing (i.e. shoots sub-40% with multiple turnovers) then I'll say I was wrong. I'd be happy to be wrong, but pretty sure it's not gonna happen
    And Anthony Tolliver can? Lmao.

asiagambler

Tolliver should be starting over Anthony because he shoots the 3 better. Both are terrible defenders but having another ball-dominant player alongside Lillard and McCollom isn't ideal

Anthony can close in certain situations but he has to realize he's the 3rd option and based on what I've read, it still seems like he has a massive ego and won't think of himself as such

I was still surprised that Portland agreed to Anthony's demands of being a starter. I was under the assumption he would be coming off the bench as the 6th man. Seemed the perfect role for the team but I guess Anthony still seems himself as an elite player...

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Tolliver should be starting over Anthony because he shoots the 3 better. Both are terrible defenders but having another ball-dominant player alongside Lillard and McCollom isn't ideal

Anthony can close in certain situations but he has to realize he's the 3rd option and based on what I've read, it still seems like he has a massive ego and won't think of himself as such

I was still surprised that Portland agreed to Anthony's demands of being a starter. I was under the assumption he would be coming off the bench as the 6th man. Seemed the perfect role for the team but I guess Anthony still seems himself as an elite player...
    Toliver stats:

19 minutes. 3.9 ppg, 29.6 fg%, 30.2% 3 pt, 3.5 rebounds, 0.8 assists.

Just buried yourself lol

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Toliver stats:

19 minutes. 3.9 ppg, 29.6 fg%, 30.2% 3 pt, 3.5 rebounds, 0.8 assists.

Just buried yourself lol
    Lol no I didn't. You have to look at his career 3 pt percentage

Or do you think he's going to shoot 30% all year? Would be 7% below his career average

Goat Milk

Lol no I didn't. You have to look at his career 3 pt percentage

Or do you think he's going to shoot 30% all year? Would be 7% below his career average
    Tolliver is literally a joke. All his 3 point attempts are wide open looks. The guy's career stats are pitiful. And he's 34 now and can only do 1 thing...shoot 3s. 3.9 points in almost 20 minutes of play? Lol. That guy isn't gonna win a championship as a starter, literally a 0% chance.

All these bench players are portland and other teams are awful. They couldn't get off 20 shots if their lives depended on it. They need a guy like Lillard to create a look for them. If you don't have multiple threats on the court who can create their own shots, you're not gonna win. Name me the last championship team that didn't have at least 3 guys on the court who could create their own shot at any moment.

Why you think Harden can't win? They have this idiotic philosophy of surrounding Harden with 3 point shooters, and letting him work every single play to make something happen. Then he burns out in the playoffs. If you paired him with Westbrook plus 1 more legit player like a Jimmy Butler or Lamarcus Aldridge, that team would be scary good.

Ppl actually think Capella is better than Aldridge because he can catch lobs and dunk it. Lmao. Yeah, no one on the court is scared of you Capella. I can assure you of that.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

Portland is an absolute zero threat and one of the reasons is Anthony

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lol

Portland is an absolute zero threat and one of the reasons is Anthony
    Really? Cause they were 4-9 before Anthony got there.

Get lost Gold.

asiagambler

Tolliver is literally a joke. All his 3 point attempts are wide open looks. The guy's career stats are pitiful. And he's 34 now and can only do 1 thing...shoot 3s. 3.9 points in almost 20 minutes of play? Lol. That guy isn't gonna win a championship as a starter, literally a 0% chance.

All these bench players are portland and other teams are awful. They couldn't get off 20 shots if their lives depended on it. They need a guy like Lillard to create a look for them. If you don't have multiple threats on the court who can create their own shots, you're not gonna win. Name me the last championship team that didn't have at least 3 guys on the court who could create their own shot at any moment.

Why you think Harden can't win? They have this idiotic philosophy of surrounding Harden with 3 point shooters, and letting him work every single play to make something happen. Then he burns out in the playoffs. If you paired him with Westbrook plus 1 more legit player like a Jimmy Butler or Lamarcus Aldridge, that team would be scary good.

Ppl actually think Capella is better than Aldridge because he can catch lobs and dunk it. Lmao. Yeah, no one on the court is scared of you Capella. I can assure you of that.
    Of course Tolliver isn't winning anything as a starter but I got news for you, neither is Anthony!

I'm not as down on Anthony as most but it's clear to me his best role is coming off the bench as a 6th man. He could probably start for a shit team but seems like he doesn't want to do that either. Main point is that he's declined a lot over the last 3-4 years and he can't be one of your "big 3" players if you have championship aspirations

You laugh at Tolliver but you need shooters like him in the modern NBA to compete

Harden gets a lot of hate but he singlehandedly took the best team of all time to 7 games, was up 3-2 in the series and probably could have won it if a few bounces went the Rockets' way. Even last playoffs, Rockets had their chances

Point is, it's hard to criticize a player when he's had to go against a dynastic team over the last 5 years.

What do you think about the Bucks? Do you think Giannis can't ever win? Because they've followed the Rockets' model almost identically and they're the favourite to win the East if not the title

Aldridge is old and would serve no purpose on the Rockets. Capela is perfect for what they need

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

4/14, 5 turnovers...

Anthony Tolliver is thinking why is this bum on the floor while I'm riding the pine?
    Anthony Tolliver is a career shit bum and I can't explain why he's been in the league for 12 years now.

He hasn't started more than 14 games in over 10 years, he averages 19 minutes per game for his career.
    Averages 6 points a game and 3.5 rebounds a game. Is it any wonder the Trail Blazers are his 10th team he's played for.
    Tolliver is the reason Portland signed Melo.
    He's a at best a mediocre 8th man and that's being kind.

Speaking of Melo, he just became the eight highest scoring forward last night in NBA history surpassing Alex English.
    He's a top 20 all time NBA scorer.
    Don't give me shit about his Denver career, he had a terrible surrounding cast there for seven years.
    He played alongside NBA legends NeNe, Greg Buckner, Reggie Evans and the rest.
    It's amazing Anthony scored 25.5 points a game there with shit for support.

Bottom line is Anthony is going to the Hall of Fame, Tolliver is going to the Hall of Fame if he buys a ticket for admission to the museum.

One last thing you Anthony haters, he's a shooting forward (SF) not a power forward like Karl Malone or Dirk or AD.
    He's not a rebounding forward, a pivot man, that was never his role.
    He's not a point guard like Chris Paul, he's not an assist player, he's not a center like Drummond a low post rebounding freak.
    Once again he's a shooting forward, one of the top ten all time at what he does.

And after his fourth game last night he still looks good to me.

Goat Milk

Of course Tolliver isn't winning anything as a starter but I got news for you, neither is Anthony!

I'm not as down on Anthony as most but it's clear to me his best role is coming off the bench as a 6th man. He could probably start for a shit team but seems like he doesn't want to do that either. Main point is that he's declined a lot over the last 3-4 years and he can't be one of your "big 3" players if you have championship aspirations

You laugh at Tolliver but you need shooters like him in the modern NBA to compete

Harden gets a lot of hate but he singlehandedly took the best team of all time to 7 games, was up 3-2 in the series and probably could have won it if a few bounces went the Rockets' way. Even last playoffs, Rockets had their chances

Point is, it's hard to criticize a player when he's had to go against a dynastic team over the last 5 years.

What do you think about the Bucks? Do you think Giannis can't ever win? Because they've followed the Rockets' model almost identically and they're the favourite to win the East if not the title

Aldridge is old and would serve no purpose on the Rockets. Capela is perfect for what they need
    Aldridge is a better player right now than Clint capella. He can get his own shot on the low block, he can pick and pop. Capella cannot. Offense is way more important than d in the playoffs. Raptors only won because literally 2 of the best offensive players in the world went down in the series. They’d have no chance otherwise.

no, bucks have no shot to win the title. Middleton is their second best player.

Rockets melted down in that series when Paul went out that’s why they lost the last two games. Harden couldn’t do it by himself. This formula of surrounding one player with other certain types of players like shooters never works. Everyone on the floor Hass to be a threat if you’re going to win a championship. And if everyone on the floor is not a threat, there needs to be three superstar level players.

asiagambler

Aldridge is a better player right now than Clint capella. He can get his own shot on the low block, he can pick and pop. Capella cannot. Offense is way more important than d in the playoffs. Raptors only won because literally 2 of the best offensive players in the world went down in the series. They’d have no chance otherwise.

no, bucks have no shot to win the title. Middleton is their second best player.

Rockets melted down in that series when Paul went out that’s why they lost the last two games. Harden couldn’t do it by himself. This formula of surrounding one player with other certain types of players like shooters never works. Everyone on the floor Hass to be a threat if you’re going to win a championship. And if everyone on the floor is not a threat, there needs to be three superstar level players.
    I don't think Paul was that important but let's say he was. That's still only 2 superstar level players and that still would have been good enough to beat an all time great team

Harden gets a lot of hate but he's on his own planet right now. Teams have a special defense just for him. Who else commands that kind of respect? Besides Giannis, no one else is close to him

Goat Milk

I don't think Paul was that important but let's say he was. That's still only 2 superstar level players and that still would have been good enough to beat an all time great team

Harden gets a lot of hate but he's on his own planet right now. Teams have a special defense just for him. Who else commands that kind of respect? Besides Giannis, no one else is close to him
    Paul was really good in that series and settled down his team, when he went down they fell apart. They got blown the fukk out in game 6 when they were up 3-2, and in game 7 they put on a despicable performance in the 2nd half at home. So realistically, once Paul went down, they got bitch slapped. Harden's formula did not work.

Harden is a great player but like I said this modern NBA shit of surround your best player with shooters or defenders or this or that. It's foolish. The last upset I can think of in an NBA finals where each team was fully healthy was Mavs beating the Heat in 2011, and that wasn't even a massive upset. And look how that dallas team was constructed. A PG who can do everything, from shoot 3s, to pass, to defend. A SG in Terry who could get his own shot anytime. A SF in Marion who was a good defender and a swiss army knife and averaged 20 and 10 for the majority of his career and still arguably near his prime. All world PF in Dirk... Basically 4 guys who can get their own shot, or make a play for someone else, at any moment.

Rockets with Westbrook and Harden and if Gordon is healthy could maybe be enough with Capella doing some dirty work. But like I said if they were smart they would have got rid of Capella and went after Aldridge and now it because almost impossible to stop them. Aldridge would play the Chris Bosh type of role in the mid area.

asiagambler

Paul was really good in that series and settled down his team, when he went down they fell apart. They got blown the fukk out in game 6 when they were up 3-2, and in game 7 they put on a despicable performance in the 2nd half at home. So realistically, once Paul went down, they got bitch slapped. Harden's formula did not work.

Harden is a great player but like I said this modern NBA shit of surround your best player with shooters or defenders or this or that. It's foolish. The last upset I can think of in an NBA finals where each team was fully healthy was Mavs beating the Heat in 2011, and that wasn't even a massive upset. And look how that dallas team was constructed. A PG who can do everything, from shoot 3s, to pass, to defend. A SG in Terry who could get his own shot anytime. A SF in Marion who was a good defender and a swiss army knife and averaged 20 and 10 for the majority of his career and still arguably near his prime. All world PF in Dirk... Basically 4 guys who can get their own shot, or make a play for someone else, at any moment.

Rockets with Westbrook and Harden and if Gordon is healthy could maybe be enough with Capella doing some dirty work. But like I said if they were smart they would have got rid of Capella and went after Aldridge and now it because almost impossible to stop them. Aldridge would play the Chris Bosh type of role in the mid area.
    Well I will say that I think Aldridge is dogging it in San Antonio. He doesn't seem very happy and isn't giving maximum effort

Aldridge can shoot the 3 which is a plus but he's not athletic like Capela and can't defend on the perimeter which is important for Rockets defensive scheme

The real problem though is Rockets giving that bloated contract to Paul. They didn't really have much flexibility to do anything except to swap him with an equally bad contract

Goat Milk

Well I will say that I think Aldridge is dogging it in San Antonio. He doesn't seem very happy and isn't giving maximum effort

Aldridge can shoot the 3 which is a plus but he's not athletic like Capela and can't defend on the perimeter which is important for Rockets defensive scheme

The real problem though is Rockets giving that bloated contract to Paul. They didn't really have much flexibility to do anything except to swap him with an equally bad contract
    Because Pop doesn't know how to use players. The man brought Ginobli off the bench for 15 years. Could have probably won more rings if he didn't do that. Pop also wouldn't allow Kawhi Leonard to take 20-25 shots a game and be the superstar that he is. He wanted him to play 30 minutes, while the guy was 25 years old, and take 15 shots per game. That's the real reason Leonard left that no one talks about. Leonard saw his career stats dwindling and was like "fukk this."

All these contracts are way too much. Lillard is gonna make 50 million in 2 years. Rockets players all make way too much money, that's why they have Ben Mclamore as basically a 6th man right now, a guy who belongs in the D league.

Most balanced team is the Lakers. Lebron and AD take less money, bring in other guys who can ball. Clippers got a good team too but they can't beat the Lakers.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

I'm a big supporter of Aldridge myself.

Goat Milk

Carmelo destroyed Ferguson and Gallinari tonight. Steven Adams double teamed Melo on a few plays.

So you guys are saying that a player who is getting double teamed can't play in the NBA?

If Ferguson (who you say is a good defender?) can play in the league, and got destroyed tonight by Melo, then why can't Melo?

Enough is enough.

blankoblanco

So you guys are saying that a player who is getting double teamed can't play in the NBA?
    Who said that, though?

As I said, you're attacking a strawman

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Blazers Defense over all just went down 50% with Mello on the court that's all I know....

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Who said that, though?

As I said, you're attacking a strawman
    Basically almost everyone in this thread saying melo doesn’t deserve to start. Of Ferguson starts on okc, and he gets abused on offense, and gets abused on defense, then what?

jibby blazers were one of the worst defensive teams in the league before melo arrived get your facts straight bud

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

I'm personally glad to see Melo back in the game. As a player who has always basically been an all star for many years you never lose that drive and fire to get on the court and play competitive basketball. Now that doesn't mean he is gonna be great by any means. One thing I do know is that he is giving his best while he is out there. I imagine he feels blessed to be back on an NBA team and competing with top talent nightly. Age is just one of those things we can't control. No matter how great we think our game is and no matter how competitive we are, AND how great we want to play, Age wins usually. He will have his bursts and his brief moments of excellence and that's good enough for me. Let's be Happy for the guy.

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

Quote Originally Posted by spippen View Post
    I'm personally glad to see Melo back in the game. As a player who has always basically been an all star for many years you never lose that drive and fire to get on the court and play competitive basketball. Now that doesn't mean he is gonna be great by any means. One thing I do know is that he is giving his best while he is out there. I imagine he feels blessed to be back on an NBA team and competing with top talent nightly. Age is just one of those things we can't control. No matter how great we think our game is and no matter how competitive we are, AND how great we want to play, Age wins usually. He will have his bursts and his brief moments of excellence and that's good enough for me. Let's be Happy for the guy.
    this

Goat Milk

23 11 and 4 vs Chicago today. 8/16 shooting. The highest bench player scored 4 points. Lmao.

Wait, but Melo shouldn't play in the league. Cause he can't play D right?

Lmao.

Tolliver DNP. Nice.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    Will Anthony Tolliver ever win Western Conference player of the week in his career?

But this guy Anthony can't play in the league, right JJ GOLD?

Fukkin idiots around the NBA. GMs should get fired over this move.

Even if Anthony was scoring 10 ppg, he'd be better than 50% of the NBA.

Don't ppl understand that?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Carmelo Anthony records 3rd 20-point game for the Trail Blazers vs. Kings | 2019-20 NBA Highlights

Carmelo Anthony notches his third 20-point game of the season for the Portland Trail Blazers, matching his total from his time with the Houston Rockets last season. They defeat the Sacramento Kings 127-116.

First 123456 Last