homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

It gets no more egregious than this one. Even if they run the table now they'll need help from the other conference champions because this loss will stink up the entire college football playoff committee room when they talk about it in November

homie1975

Poster stevenash chime in.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Watch them
    Win next week

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's part of the story, but coan just isn't that good.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Well since Minnesota is going to win the Big 10 anyway this loss helps them get to the champ game!

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

You wouldn’t believe me if I told you this....
    My bookie doesn’t allow long shot money lines. I have heritage for that. I only bet two bets today on heritage. I had I think $5 in my account this morning. I put $2 on Illinois money line this morning 26 to 1 odds. Wisconsin has only played one road game at the beginning of the game vs south Florida. My prediction was that we have no idea how Wisconsin will be on the road. We also know Illinois is a feisty team. The next game I bet was $5 once I won Illinois on Vanderbilt. I’m pretty sure I bet the two biggest upsets today. If I had only parlayed the two I wonder what money would of been had. The reason I took Vanderbilt was that Missouri had played one road game at the first game of the season. Same reason I bet against Wisconsin. Missouri also looked like crap in that game. So my point from this is watch out for teams who have played only safely from home. Road games in conferences matter more then 3 points

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Wisconsin is guilty of whitey disease. NE might get away with it in the NFL, but no school will ever be a major power when nearly half their team is white like Wisconsin. Coming into every year BYU has the same chance to win a national championship. Which is zero

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Monday morning qb. Nothing to see here. Gotta call it before the game, friend.

teecee

Damn, Fred! Bring the hammer, buddy.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    it's just an observation. it was an unbelievable upset. Wisky completely shit the bed today. they are now a huge longshot to make the CFP

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Watch them
    Win next week
    Coach
    if justin fields is 80% healthy or better next week, the buckeyes will boatrace wisky

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    it's just an observation. it was an unbelievable upset. Wisky completely shit the bed today. they are now a huge longshot to make the CFP
    Good response. My reply was a bit mean-spirited.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I did if you saw my other thread. Didn't play Illini though....stupid. I didn't say Illinois would win, but I said Wis wasn't that good and would get exposed before long

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I did if you saw my other thread. Didn't play Illini though....stupid. I didn't say Illinois would win, but I said Wis wasn't that good and would get exposed before long
    Nice call. I actually thought wisky was quite good.

Next week after they lose to ohio state for their 2nd loss they'll be all but totally forgotten

homie1975

Osu -14 over wisky

CFP and heisman for taylor both are most likely gone this Saturday

Sucks because they're a damn good team

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

looking ahead is a fabrication, no such thing. You think if tiger is 3 strokes behing in a tourney with masters only 1 week away, its going to affect the shot he has infront of him??? NO CHANCE ..lol where do you guys come up with this stuff

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Im sick of people talking about wisconsin they havent played a decent offense yet and just lost they arnt and never were as good as people thought. I hope they lose by 100

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    looking ahead is a fabrication, no such thing. You think if tiger is 3 strokes behing in a tourney with masters only 1 week away, its going to affect the shot he has infront of him??? NO CHANCE ..lol where do you guys come up with this stuff
    no comparison to golf which plays a zillion tourneys and 72 holes in a tournament. sorry man.

"look ahead" and "sandwich" games and "let down" games are extremely common in college football because they only play once a week and 12 times at that in the regular season. trust me.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...013dwmu11vkiqa

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is quickly turning into nightmare for the Big 10. Minnesota is undefeated and leads the West, but in November, they host Penn State, go to Iowa and Northwestern and then finish up the season hosting Wisconsin. They have a much better chance of going 0-4 than 4-0. And I am assuming that they get past Maryland this weekend, and while they should, we are talking the Big 10 here. It appears that the Big 10 must depend on two teams in the same Division. Penn State and Ohio State. They play in Ohio on 11/23. The difference is this. Penn State has as much of a guarantee win the following week as you can get. They host Rugters. Ohio State gets to travel to Ann Arbor and play a Michigan team with absolutely nothing to lose and a whole lot of revenge on it's plate.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is quickly turning into nightmare for the Big 10. Minnesota is undefeated and leads the West, but in November, they host Penn State, go to Iowa and Northwestern and then finish up the season hosting Wisconsin. They have a much better chance of going 0-4 than 4-0. And I am assuming that they get past Maryland this weekend, and while they should, we are talking the Big 10 here. It appears that the Big 10 must depend on two teams in the same Division. Penn State and Ohio State. They play in Ohio on 11/23. The difference is this. Penn State has as much of a guarantee win the following week as you can get. They host Rugters. Ohio State gets to travel to Ann Arbor and play a Michigan team with absolutely nothing to lose and a whole lot of revenge on it's plate.
    yeah big 10 is gonna have to rig another big 10 championship game and have ohio st or penn st win 59-0 to get in to the playoff

veriableodds
    validation not required

no comparison to golf which plays a zillion tourneys and 72 holes in a tournament. sorry man.

"look ahead" and "sandwich" games and "let down" games are extremely common in college football because they only play once a week and 12 times at that in the regular season. trust me.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...013dwmu11vkiqa

just trying to point out MINDSET its not really a specific sport example, its the same, You guys really need to stop reading some broke dick college kids write up that is 75k in student debt

come on guys do your own homework

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    just trying to point out MINDSET its not really a specific sport example, its the same, You guys really need to stop reading some broke dick college kids write up that is 75k in student debt

come on guys do your own homework
    agree with you, too many people rely on conventional wisdom and then confirmation bias... so when it happens HEY THEY MUST HAVE BEEN LOOKING AHEAD, OR THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A LET DOWN AFTER A BIG WIN

i doubt a single player on the badgers roster was thinking about ohio state matchups while they were playing illinois, they were thinking about beating illinois, same thing they would've been thinking about no matter what they were doing a week later
    Points Awarded:

ZIPPER HEAD gave milwaukee mike 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    agree with you, too many people rely on conventional wisdom and then confirmation bias... so when it happens HEY THEY MUST HAVE BEEN LOOKING AHEAD, OR THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A LET DOWN AFTER A BIG WIN

i doubt a single player on the badgers roster was thinking about ohio state matchups while they were playing illinois, they were thinking about beating illinois, same thing they would've been thinking about no matter what they were doing a week later
    100% false

homie1975

Illinois was 2 wins, 4 losses, going into the game!

lost to eastern michigan at home barely a month ago!

4 straight losses!

23 pt loss at Minny just a few weeks ago.

17 pt loss at home to Michigan just last week.

Then they beat Wisky who was 6-0 and DOMINANT ?!?!?!

sorry Guys, this does not pass the smell test.

CLEAR LOOK AHEAD to Columbus.

U2.5
    U2.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3223

Illinois was 2 wins, 4 losses, going into the game!

lost to eastern michigan at home barely a month ago!

4 straight losses!

23 pt loss at Minny just a few weeks ago.

17 pt loss at home to Michigan just last week.

Then they beat Wisky who was 6-0 and DOMINANT ?!?!?!

sorry Guys, this does not pass the smell test.

CLEAR LOOK AHEAD to Columbus.
    wisconsin was beating up on some really bad teams, and they barely squeaked by NW, but whatever floats your boat. People can believe whatever they want

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by U2.5 View Post
    wisconsin was beating up on some really bad teams, and they barely squeaked by NW, but whatever floats your boat. People can believe whatever they want
    michigan is a decent team and wisky boatraced them.

mich state has a winning record. traditionally tough team under dantonio. wisky pummeled them.

wisky is a very good team, significantly better than illinois. they got caught taking a peak at the calendar at their date in columbus vs the highly ranked and undefeated buckeyes.

i know what i know. i have been following CFB closely for 33 yrs. i just know what i know.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    100% false
    finally, someone who really knows CFB and how youngsters in the 19-23 age range think.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by U2.5 View Post
    I'm sorry. I did not know that Michigan and Michigan State were "really bad teams". I guess the fact that Wisconsin beat them by a combined score of 73-14 was meaningless. Meanwhile, Illinois was defeating powerhouses Akron and UConn (combined 1-13). Your argument does not hold water. You are right. People can believe what they want, but that does NOT make them knowledgeable about College Football. To say that looking ahead was not a factor in the final score of that game is just pure folly.

veriableodds
    validation not required

I'm sorry. I did not know that Michigan and Michigan State were "really bad teams". I guess the fact that Wisconsin beat them by a combined score of 73-14 was meaningless. Meanwhile, Illinois was defeating powerhouses Akron and UConn (combined 1-13). Your argument does not hold water. You are right. People can believe what they want, but that does NOT make them knowledgeable about College Football. To say that looking ahead was not a factor in the final score of that game is just pure folly.

The local college is sending me a 50k check so I can live my dream and play baseball, but on my way to the mailbox I got caught looking ahead tripped and broke my arm. After coming back from hospital I found out my brain was also damaged.

U2.5
    U2.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3223

send me your picks for next week. i would love to see your superior knowledge of the game on paper prior to the final results being posted.

milwaukee mike

illinois was getting better and healthier... outscored that michigan team in the second half the prior week

if wisconsin was playing rutgers next week then i guess coan wouldn't have thrown that late interception

if it was anything psychological, it was the badgers reading their own clippings and getting too cocky... they did the same thing last year as a top 10 team against an unranked opponent

weird stuff happens in sports, why did wisconsin lose to michigan last year by 25 and this year beat them by 21? it's not as if wisconsin is that much better or michigan is that much worse

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    illinois was getting better and healthier... outscored that michigan team in the second half the prior week

if wisconsin was playing rutgers next week then i guess coan wouldn't have thrown that late interception

if it was anything psychological, it was the badgers reading their own clippings and getting too cocky... they did the same thing last year as a top 10 team against an unranked opponent

weird stuff happens in sports, why did wisconsin lose to michigan last year by 25 and this year beat them by 21? it's not as if wisconsin is that much better or michigan is that much worse
    Mich v wisky last year vs this year is simple. Revenge factor this year as wisky remembered last year's score.

Mike if you can't see that mich is way down this year compared to last year and wisky fielding a much better team this year than they did last year, then you're either very green or you are not paying attention.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Homie
    You are wasting your time

Most of these guys never played a sport in their life

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Watch them
    Win next week

lol

watch them get their ass handed to them by 30+

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

michigan is a decent team and wisky boatraced them.

mich state has a winning record. traditionally tough team under dantonio. wisky pummeled them.

wisky is a very good team, significantly better than illinois. they got caught taking a peak at the calendar at their date in columbus vs the highly ranked and undefeated buckeyes.

i know what i know. i have been following CFB closely for 33 yrs. i just know what i know.
    Michigan a decent team????

I don’t know if I would give them that much credit

they did almost lose to Army at home right?

123 Last