RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Losing to the Ravens when it didn't matter much besides the #1 seed will prove to be better as a fair share of bettors will be on BAL. That makes my Chargers bet feel a lot better. I hope the public keeps pounding BAL because it's gonna be a loser. Chargers will also get Hunter Henry back as they are gonna wait until the last possible moment before deactivating Jatavius Brown and bringing Hunter "Hearst" Henry back onto the field. He has been practicing and getting back up to game speed, although he will get limited snaps, it should bold well for him as they advance to the next round. Also, there is still a chance for the Chargers to still host a playoff game, if all goes to plan If IND beats the Texans, Chargers beats the Ravens, then Colts beat KC and Chargers beat NE, the AFC title game will be hosted at the StubHub center. All is possible.
    If you're going to be one-dimensional and beat Balt, I would want to have it running. I can't see Rivers not getting rattled when Balt is blitzing as they won't have to worry about the running game.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20400

Hardest offense to play against is a team that wants to run every play. It's all about discipline for Chargers.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11987

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Hardest offense to play against is a team that wants to run every play. It's all about discipline for Chargers.
    It's all about protecting Phillips and giving him time to pass, no forced and rushed INT throws will be key..

Chargers OL protects Phillips and Gordon gets a few good plays also in running game the Chargers will win this game..

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You have a 15 year veteran QB versus a diaper dandy QB. You take the veteran here boys.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Tought match up for Colts. That being said the Ravens defense matches up well against Colts offense.

Like most big games this will come down to turnovers. Look for Jackson to make a key mistake in a key spot.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Tought match up for Colts. That being said the Ravens defense matches up well against Colts offense.

Like most big games this will come down to turnovers. Look for Jackson to make a key mistake in a key spot.
    In what universe are Colts playing Ravens?

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8103

SBR is showing 60% on the Chargers and Sports Insights is showing 71% on the Chargers and yet the line has not budged from the opening line of -3 for the Ravens.

What am I missing here?

If I had to guess, the books are comfortable with that line and that the Ravens will cover since John Harbaugh's playoff ATS record is impeccable even with then rookie QB Flacco.

It's a mismatch of coaches between the Chargers and the Ravens.

Ravens win and cover easily if I had to make a bet on the game.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    SBR is showing 60% on the Chargers and Sports Insights is showing 71% on the Chargers and yet the line has not budged from the opening line of -3 for the Ravens.

What am I missing here?

If I had to guess, the books are comfortable with that line and that the Ravens will cover since John Harbaugh's playoff ATS record is impeccable even with then rookie QB Flacco.

It's a mismatch of coaches between the Chargers and the Ravens.

Ravens win and cover easily if I had to make a bet on the game.
    The double mush. Somethings gotta give 😳😳😳😳

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Also, the game start time is 10 AM for the Chargers.

I don't know about you, but I'm barely awake at that time of the day and I rather go back to bed let alone play a football game.
    Points Awarded:

bruce0 gave DJK 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Ravens easiest bet of the weekend

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24080

Yup

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

It's funny how every analyst that I see on the internet is picking the Chargers to win.

They are all saying that they saw Lamar Jackson and they know what to do.

Yeah, so do the Ravens as they know they are going to run the ball and dare the Chargers to stop them.

It's in Baltimore.

Not like the other teams that the Chargers were able to comeback and win the game, if they fall behind the Ravens then forget about any comeback.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Below is from ESPN.

The Chargers' pass offense has done quite well against bad pass defenses, going 5-0 against those that rank in the bottom 10. But against good pass defenses, the Chargers have only one signature win. That win came against the Browns in Week 6, in Baker Mayfield's third start (and still with Hue Jackson and Todd Haley). Apart from that, the Chargers lost to the Rams by double digits, to the Broncos (when Denver's pass defense was still healthy) and to the Ravens two weeks ago.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24080

Good work DJK

albinoshark
    albinoshark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

Lots of good points here....But here's ONE not mentioned,
    Fact: For the first time in YEARS the Baltimore Ravens are having fun, they are all healthy (all 53 players) which are are a lot of young players that are out there winning. Weddle has been quoted saying "this is a special group, we play for each other, our coaches play for us and we them." Harbaugh quoted as saying "this is the best TEAM I have ever coached." For those of us that have played competitive sports and have won having fun, well then you get it... Now your probably saying, "you cant F-G pick winners on teams having fun but I do remember when the Ravens held Rivers to a season low 147 yards passing a few weeks ago..yes that thats now in the past, and nobody's speculating and analyzing that game bc its over. But who said this Ravens team plays like a college team? How about that 5 of the top 6 teams in rushing yards this season made the playoffs- Seattle, Balt, LA Rams, NE, and Saints..In that order. The Ravens have been the TOP rushing team avg. 230 yards rushing/ game and going 6-1 in the process.

-Baltimore # 1 Defense.
    -Jackson is 4-0 at home and peaking.
    -Harbaugh is 5-0 in opening round playoff games.
    -Last two Ravens Super Bowl runs were made also made without the benefit of a bye week.
    -Baltimore is 6-4 against the spread (vs 4-6 Chargers) 6-1 SU in the last 7 games and 4-1 in the last 5 games at home.

*Agree with you as well Bank on the over as both teams score enough points to hit it.
    Last edited by albinoshark; 01-04-19 at 11:31 PM.

LuckyProphet
    LuckyProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Rivers has won every wild card game he’s been in and is 3-0. He’s won every rematch so far as well this year. Going into halftime the score was 6(Ravens)-3(Chargers)

The Chargers were on a TD drive going into the Baltimore 38 when Gates fumbles and the Ravens recovered with 2:54 left and scored a TD. If not for the Gates Fumble, Rivers could have taken them to a TD with hardly no time left and up 17-16.

Dont let the 22-10 score fool you guys, the game was a lot closer than the score indicates. Chargers is the play here. They will win straight up

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Ravens edge:

Coach. Lynn is horrible at clock management, late game situations. Could bite them. Hope he took a remedial course.
    Lamar still has a lot of upside. As in, immediate, upside. Still doesn't know what he has. That run game provides for easy targets all over the field. He just has to hit a few more of them and he goes from dangerous to lethal.

-Home-field, cold advantage

Kicker - Vagley will miss a big kick this game.

Chargers advantage:

Just about everything else. More class across the board. A lot more class, and people forgetting this

Both Teams are fairly humble and play hard for each other.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyProphet View Post
    Rivers has won every wild card game he’s been in and is 3-0. He’s won every rematch so far as well this year. Going into halftime the score was 6(Ravens)-3(Chargers)

The Chargers were on a TD drive going into the Baltimore 38 when Gates fumbles and the Ravens recovered with 2:54 left and scored a TD. If not for the Gates Fumble, Rivers could have taken them to a TD with hardly no time left and up 17-16.

Dont let the 22-10 score fool you guys, the game was a lot closer than the score indicates. Chargers is the play here. They will win straight up
    That's where the opening line and closing line tells me what I need to know.

01/06/2008 is when he won his first WC game against Tennessee.

They were favored by 10 and won 17-6. The next round, the Colts were favored by 9 at home and lost SU against the Chargers.

On 01/03/2009, he won his 2nd WC game as 1 point underdog at home vs the Colts winning 23-17 in OT.

On 01/05/2014, he won his 3rd WC game at Cincinnati with CIN -6.5. He won 27-10.

The way I see it, none of those 3 teams had the defense Baltimore has.

The lines tell me the Chargers should have won all those games.

This Sunday's game is different as they are playing away against a very good D and the line opened at 3 and it hasn't budged at all even with a lot more of the public taking the Chargers.

If it stays there as the closing line, then the Chargers will lose and not cover.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's really hard for me to trust OLD QB's in the NFL playoffs... especially non mobile QB's. The only exception is... Brady, Peyton Manning. Everyone else... there's no exception.

Rivers hasn't showed me sh#$ in the playoffs.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Rivers is my guy! I milked the Chargers this season for a lot of money, they came through for me many times. With all that being said, this Chargers team of the last 2-3 weeks, is not the same Chargers team i made money on throughout the season. Im not sure what happened to the Chargers but the offense is really disjointed, everyone looks a step off and its been that way for more than 2 games. Maybe they got bored, maybe its some kind of lockerroom issue we dont know about, BUT i wouldnt bet on the Chargers to beat Baltimore. I bet against the Ravens 3 or 4 times because i figured Lamar Jackson was $hit so its an easy win, but this kid Jackson has Baltimore run game looking almost impossible to stop. Baltimore can move the ball, keep the clock running and keep the other teams offense off the field, plus Baltimore has a good D. Ravens ****** me many times this season betting against them and i wont bet against them in this game either. Im going Ravens or nothing. This game has stay away written all over it because i can just as easily see the Charges come back to life and blow the Ravens out 34-17. Wager small or not at all IMO.

My gut says Ravens will win a low scoring type game, 24-14. Chargers struggling too much i dont think they can just flip a switch and turn it on. Ravens run game will be too much for Chargers and Rivers will be off the field most of the game.
    Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 01-05-19 at 05:22 AM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

if they didnt before they sure do now

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I gotta say there’s a ton of amazing insight in here. More than I know about nfl that’s for sure. Peavy and Banker make good points. Looks like shock high on chargers. Wiz— line is accurate cause ravens beat the Chargers already and are trending up. At the end of the day, The chargers defense is just as good as the ravens defense. Chargers have a legit number 1 shut down corner, maybe the best corner in football, who can easily erase any balty wr. That allows them to play 8 in the box all game. I simply don’t believe that Lamar Jackson and gus Edwards are capable of winning a playoff game. If Harbaugh thinks this is the best team he’s had he’s on Fukkin crack. Ravens blitz often and can easily get exposed by any moment on a screen to Melvin Gordon or Keenan Allen. Mike Williams is a td machine and catches everything too. Does even 1 player on the ravens offense scare u? ChArgers defense is stacked with playmakers at every level. They are going to destroy Lamar Jackson. Watch.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

goat you have to stop looking at real games like video games

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    goat you have to stop looking at real games like video games
    ?
    I haven’t played madden since 2012.

Gl putting ur hard earned money on a rookie and a practice squad player. I’ll take my chances with the better qb better rb better wr and equal defense

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Lmao at Ravens being frauds See you in New England

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Lmao at Ravens being frauds See you in New England
    Lol, it’s alright 2k. You have ravens winning the SB every year on this site. Another first round exit for u. Bedtime

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

John Harbaugh... 15 career playoff games coached

Anthony Lynn... 0 career playoff games coached...

might wet the bed

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lol, it’s alright 2k. You have ravens winning the SB every year on this site. Another first round exit for u. Bedtime
    Lol that’s not true, but in all seriousness, Another first round exit? Ravens havent lost a wildcard game since 2003 and that’s the only wildcard loss they’ve ever had

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47615

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    John Harbaugh... 15 career playoff games coached

Anthony Lynn... 0 career playoff games coached...

might wet the bed
    big coaching edge for Balt here...

Lynn has impressed me with his ability to be a leader of men and the esprit de corps is sky high. However, he is not a great gameday coach and has already made numerous clock management mistakes in his time with the Chargers.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

Line says it all...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Ravens easiest bet of the weekend
    Nope the Colts are the easiest bet of the weekend.. In Luck we Trust!!!! Team is rolling now, hottest team going into these playoffs. Colts have won 4 straight and 9 of their last 10 games..

Wouldn't be all that shocked to see this team in the Superbowl to be honest..

Date Home/Away Opponent Time
    Jan 5 @ Houston 1:35 PM PST
    ESPN, ABC
    Oct 21 vs Buffalo W 37 - 5
    Oct 28 @ Oakland W 42 - 28
    Bye Week
    Nov 11 vs Jacksonville W 29 - 26
    Nov 18 vs Tennessee W 38 - 10
    Nov 25 vs Miami W 27 - 24
    Dec 2 @ Jacksonville L 6 - 0
    Dec 9 @ Houston W 24 - 21
    Dec 16 vs Dallas W 23 - 0
    Dec 23 vs NY Giants W 28 - 27
    Dec 30 @ Tennessee W 33 - 17

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This prop is up on the board now on Dimes.. Worth a small stab I believe..

25017 Indianapolis Colts win Super Bowl +2600

LuckyProphet
    LuckyProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This prop is up on the board now on Dimes.. Worth a small stab I believe..

25017 Indianapolis Colts win Super Bowl +2600

I have been saying the colts colts are going all the way since the Giants game
    when they comeback and won. I told people to go all in on the Colts when they faced the Titans in the last game as well. Colts are destined to win this I know for sure. Don’t ask me how I just know. I put money down on them to win the AFC and win the Super Bowl.

I havent been wrong wrong yet on any of my picks. Colts are better overall than the Texans inflated record. Then they travel to KC where if anyone knows football, they know the Colts have the Chiefs # in the Playoffs. Then it will be Old Brady and the Patriots vs The new face of the NfL in Luck. Colts defense and offense will be too much for Brady.

Hardest game Ames will be against the Saints, which will be you’re super bowl matchup.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyProphet View Post
    I have been saying the colts colts are going all the way since the Giants game
    when they comeback and won. I told people to go all in on the Colts when they faced the Titans in the last game as well. Colts are destined to win this I know for sure. Don’t ask me how I just know. I put money down on them to win the AFC and win the Super Bowl.

I havent been wrong wrong yet on any of my picks. Colts are better overall than the Texans inflated record. Then they travel to KC where if anyone knows football, they know the Colts have the Chiefs # in the Playoffs. Then it will be Old Brady and the Patriots vs The new face of the NfL in Luck. Colts defense and offense will be too much for Brady.

Hardest game Ames will be against the Saints, which will be you’re super bowl matchup.
    Rams may still have a say about that. Patriots I think are a miss this year. Brady looks off to me, age could be catching up with him finally.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Jibby & Paco ......

I’m on the complete opposite of both of you guys.

https://postimg.cc/Yhjs0rXF

https://postimg.cc/9z0ptxG5

First 1234 Last