Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jackson is a young Mike Vick, basically impossible to stop

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL HERE

Absolutely true. And the reason you know that is all those SB Championships he has

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Shutup View Post
    Absolutely true. And thr easo you know that is all those SB Championships he has
    Vick never had a defense like balty, coach like this until past his prime. A run Game to compliment him or a running scheme like nothing anyone ran back then., Vick had to freelance and do all on his own. Not the case here.

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Vick never had a defense like balty, coach like this until past his prime. A run Game to compliment him or a running scheme like nothing anyone ran back then., Vick had to freelance and do all on his own. Not the case here.
    I think Ravens win. But Vick was trash. Pure and simple as that. Tough to deal with a running QB if you allow him to do his thing for any individual game. In the long run it is trouble. They get injured and beat up and it effects their running and even more their passing. A team like the Ravens is a good situation with runnning and a defense. I have always said if you have that kind of QB you have to take the risk though. Because these guys are what they are. But long term......not good

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

IDK if Jackson and Edwards are good enough to win, but their defense is. I also know Rivers can have a clunker at any time. I played the Chargers in teasers because I can’t take a first-time playoff qb and lay points. If Baltimore wins, it’s the defense. The under should be good also.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    IDK if Jackson and Edwards are good enough to win, but their defense is. I also know Rivers can have a clunker at any time. I played the Chargers in teasers because I can’t take a first-time playoff qb and lay points. If Baltimore wins, it’s the defense. The under should be good also.
    Instead of mixing other teams into teaser a charger/under tease looks really solid.

RockBottom

Instead of mixing other teams into teaser a charger/under tease looks really solid.
    I played 3-team round robins. You’re correct, that ravens under looks good in teasers. I think the Philly-Chicago under does also.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    I played 3-team round robins. You’re correct, that ravens under looks good in teasers. I think the Philly-Chicago under does also.
    I have no feel for the Philly bears total. I think bears put it on eagles and I think that could potentially make the game go higher than we would expect. Only total I’m staying away from. I think this one could go a lot of ways.

Under in balty my favorite.

Over in Houston right there, think we gonna get a classic new nfl type qb due in Texas. Gonna take 30 to win imo.

Lean under in dallas but I’ve heard few decent cases for over from guys I respect I hadn’t thought of so little back and forth after initially thinking I’d like under with any total above 41. (Hoping it gets to 44 then under have to be where I go)..

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Goat why are the Ravens favored by 3 then?
    home field.. which plays into the chargers psyche.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    home field.. which plays into the chargers psyche.
    I’m shocked you love them. Hate we disagree so much here (prob agree on under!)., Like I said I don’t disagree w chargers potentially making SB, I was year early w them last season, I think this their toughest game on that journey tho and a bad matchup to boot. Agree playing on road means nothing to them, prob better than playing at that empty soccer stadium. Not sure the cold (assuming it be cold?) helps their cause tho.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

teasing colts +7, Chargers +9.5, Bears Pk

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

They fukked up losing to ravens when they could have overtaken the 1 seed., I could see it if they could escape this game. Just don’t think they will, worst matchup in the entire playoffs (both sides) for them imo.
    agreed

the Ravens strengths are the Chargers weaknesses.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I'm with you Goat. I just don't like the fact that you created this thread & brought it to the SBR Jinx attention. Yes I'm stupidly superstitious & is invested HEAVILY on the Chargers to win !

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    agreed

Really a shame cause absolutely would be on SD against anyone else. I think my guy shocka might be little blinded by fact he likes chargers as a SB team so willing to overlook the obvious problems here., I understand, they are built to play w the new offenses and rivers can put up points against those offenses that all have suspect defenses! Problem is they not built to win a street fight.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

agreed

chargers better on the road. now the ravens are 6-2 at home but those wins have come against the browns, raiders, bengals(didn't cover). Bucs (didn't cover) broncos, bills.

they were favored in the two games they lost.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I'm with you Goat. I just don't like the fact that you created this thread & brought it to the SBR Jinx attention. Yes I'm stupidly superstitious & is invested HEAVILY on the Chargers to win !

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Harbough will get outcoached again in a meaningful game just like his brother. Only chance is if the Ravens defense has a complete shutout. Don't count on Lamar Jackson to save the day.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

colts, Seahawks, chargers ML parlay pays nice. 8.6 to 1.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Lamar is exactly like RG3 as a rookie. Everyone was so in love with RG3. Coaches are going to have the entire offseason to game plan for him. And he’ll be trash next season.

RockBottom

chargers better on the road. now the ravens are 6-2 at home but those wins have come against the browns, raiders, bengals(didn't cover). Bucs (didn't cover) broncos, bills.

I would only be concerned with the games Jackson played in.

JAKEPEAVY21

Really a shame cause absolutely would be on SD against anyone else. I think my guy shocka might be little blinded by fact he likes chargers as a SB team so willing to overlook the obvious problems here., I understand, they are built to play w the new offenses and rivers can put up points against those offenses that all have suspect defenses! Problem is they not built to win a street fight.

I've watched every chargers game for the past 25-30 years..anyone that has watched the Chargers over the years knows that this is the type of team that typically gives them all they can handle. Very physical teams with strong oline/dline and strong running games always give them fits(mainly because historically the chargers are weaker in the trenches and always neglect the oline in draft/free agency). This is actually one of the stronger charger olines in River's career but the guards are a big weakness.

I agree that the Chargers are a strong and complete team but this Ravens team is the exact type of team that I was hoping to avoid. As 2dabank said, I'd literally rather play any other team in the NFL than Balt, just a terrible matchup. All that said, the Chargers might pull it off but it will be no easy feat.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

I've watched every chargers game for the past 25-30 years..anyone that has watched the Chargers over the years knows that this is the type of team that typically gives them all they can handle. Very physical teams with strong oline/dline and strong running games always give them fits(mainly because historically the chargers are weaker in the trenches and always neglect the oline in draft/free agency). This is actually one of the stronger charger olines in River's career but the guards are a big weakness.

I agree that the Chargers are a strong and complete team but this Ravens team is the exact type of team that I was hoping to avoid. As 2dabank said, I'd literally rather play any other team in the NFL than Balt, just a terrible matchup. All that said, the Chargers might pull it off but it will be no easy feat.
    I think the teaser is iron clad in this spot

JAKEPEAVY21

I think the teaser is iron clad in this spot
    agreed

as badly as the chargers played last game vs balt, they were driving to take the lead late in the game and then Gates fumbled and they ran in back for a TD. I highly doubt they will lose by double digits unless they turn the ball over numerous times.

Chargers also have a good amount of key players that are still banged up..Allen has not done much since the hip injury a few weeks ago and Gordon is banged up.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Jake with good insight as per usual.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

This game will come down to which defense forces the most turnovers. Jackson fumbles every game and Rivers has thrown two interceptions in each of his last three games (one of which was vs the Ravens).

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The Chargers have always been one of those snakebit teams, something just seems to go wrong at the worst times. Missing chip FGs, bad INT, etc, something always seems to happen. I like them, but can't trust them, thinking a teaser is the way to go here.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

Chargers all day long here... Different Chargers team this year.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

colts, Seahawks, chargers ML parlay pays nice. 8.6 to 1.
    I'm with you on those picks. Add Philly as well..

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

I am not an NFL guy at all but when it comes to playoffs the rule of thumb is to bet against the (playoffs)rookie qb. This year we have 4 qb's playing their first nfl playoff game, the only one I would be hesitant to fade is Mahomes - bol and hope this helps

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

They fukked up losing to ravens when they could have overtaken the 1 seed., I could see it if they could escape this game. Just don’t think they will, worst matchup in the entire playoffs (both sides) for them imo.
    Not only is it the worst matchup, but no one has commented on the fact that the NFL screwed the Chargers by having them play in the ONLY 1:00 pm (10:00 am) game this week. If you do not know how poorly West Coasts teams do in the early games back east, do your homework. Baltimore -2 1/2 is a good wager.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Ravens all day

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    This game will come down to which defense forces the most turnovers. Jackson fumbles every game and Rivers has thrown two interceptions in each of his last three games (one of which was vs the Ravens).
    Rivers is playing his worst football of the season. He has the tendency to throw the ball up for grabs when he's getting teed off on. The Chargers oline better make some adjustments and give him some time in the pocket or it probably won't end well.

LuckyProphet
    LuckyProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Trap Game for those who bet Ravens.

Take the Chargers at +money and thank me later.
    The Chargers have won every rematch game and rivers is the more experienced QB.

The books want you to take the Ravens with the hat low spread

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Its been a long time since Goat was right on a thread he started for a big game....I dont think this game will change that

turdferg
    its a bigger than normal hat
    turdferg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Lamar Jackson is not an NFL QB - he's a fantastic athlete not a QB - running the ball 50 times a game is not gonna win for much longer especially when the chargers faced them before - they'll have a scheme ready - chargers win easy
    Last edited by turdferg; 01-04-19 at 06:03 PM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Losing to the Ravens when it didn't matter much besides the #1 seed will prove to be better as a fair share of bettors will be on BAL. That makes my Chargers bet feel a lot better. I hope the public keeps pounding BAL because it's gonna be a loser. Chargers will also get Hunter Henry back as they are gonna wait until the last possible moment before deactivating Jatavius Brown and bringing Hunter "Hearst" Henry back onto the field. He has been practicing and getting back up to game speed, although he will get limited snaps, it should bold well for him as they advance to the next round. Also, there is still a chance for the Chargers to still host a playoff game, if all goes to plan If IND beats the Texans, Chargers beats the Ravens, then Colts beat KC and Chargers beat NE, the AFC title game will be hosted at the StubHub center. All is possible.

First 1234 Last