packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3557

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    New update:
    A positive note

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 4 hours ago

The infectious disease team was just here (1 PM hour) and I was able to ask questions about taking Andy out of sedation and how he reacts. The doctor stated he is breathing more stable and he is doing more on his own with the ventilator. She explained the why and how they (ICU) are trained to react. One doctor gave us ideas when they are waking him to help keep him calm. I am so thankful this team took the time to answer questions and explain. This morning I was on a roller coaster ride as it felt like things were getting worse when they gave me the news that his kidney function was declining. The ID team also stated that the first week is the toughest, it is a really long road but she felt very hopeful. I imagine (when you think positive things, positive things happen) we will be here for a couple more weeks to get him stabilized enough to bring him back to MN via medical air.
    Nice one mate.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Any new updates?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10348

Thank You Stealthy
    Update was encouraging.
    You know that Andy is fighting with all of his might.

May God Bless and Heal Andy.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12025

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Any new updates?
    Miller Lite

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 3 hours ago
    Last night pictures began flowing in from college friends and family all having a beer for 'Fargo' Andy. His brother placed one for him in his favorite fishing spot. (I could only add 5 pics and there were more) I even got to join in as I had one with dinner when I went to go shower. Andy had a surprise visitor as well, one of his best friends from college showed up to see him. Dan told him all about his fantasy football team.

Yesterday a Nerphrologist (kidney) doctor joined #TEAMANDY. She stated his numbers were high but she wanted to check them again to make an informed decision. This morning they stated they are going to do Lasix therapy (Lasix (furosemide) is a loop diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt. This allows the salt to instead be passed in your urine. Lasix is used to treat fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, liver disease, or a kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome.) Although his creatinine numbers are high, his urine output is still good.

Yesterday they were not able to get an MRI done because he is on 3 medications they cannot remove in order to keep him stable. The MRI only is set up to run 2 medications. The team was able to complete a CT scan where they found a clouded area with possible Mastoiditis. An ENT doctor will join #TEAMANDY.

Last night Andy's fever remained around 101.4. We may be trying a sedation vacation, today which means we will try and wake him up a bit. The last two times we did this it was hard because it impacted his vitals. I think as long as the team is ready, then I (We) can be ready to support him as well and make him feel more comfortable through the process. He looks good and is fighting hard.

Thank you for all your prayers, messages, and surprises! We love you all and thank you for the support.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Bump, let's keep fighting pal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    For cash donations you can use the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/the-mcbride-family
    We got you McBride family, we got you.

And you guys got this.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Praying everyday for you brother.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Praying
    Paula is praying
    Mom put him in the city prayer circle for glendora
    God is with us and with this
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

jjgold

This really sucks

I don’t know what to make of the latest report

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Gold, we knew going in that this would be a tough weekend.

It's showing. Organ failure is a big deal.

Giving you a hug from across the country Gold. I know you know him much better than I.

His gigantic support system is reeling and on edge.

Thanks for the POTM Vid, my wife and I watched it to get pumped for him.

Pray because prayer works.

jjgold

Next week has to get better right??

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Continue to pray, JJ, for positive news. As chicka said we choose our attitude.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Prayer is strong the fact we all are rooting for this guy is amazing and hope the Gods we pray to listen Hope make us all strong and may Hope surround Mindy and the family as they are fighting this disease.Bigday keep fighting bud.

jjgold

Excellent point

Continue to pray, JJ, for positive news. As chicka said we choose our attitude.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Bigday. Just want to point out, as I am sure you have already been told.... the gophers blew nm state’s doors off. I know it was expected. But they won by 20 more than the linesmakers initially thought.

Coach Fleck got em all hyped up on your situation pre game and half time.

It’s just a foreshadow of what you’re gonna do to this virus.

Get after it, pal
    Points Awarded:

Shute gave grease lightnin 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KVB gave grease lightnin 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sedation Vacation

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 2 hours ago
    Today our sedation vacation didn't turn out as expected. We were really hoping that Andy would open his eyes, squeeze our hands and look at us. We did see his eyes flutter a bit. Today Dan (Andy's College Best Friend) and I went down to Fremont to catch a bite to eat... WOW that was a scene to see!

They have dropped his Propofol with hopes he will be easier to take on his sedation vacation! You know Andy and I love to vacation so I hope he enjoys the scenery that he wakes up to (me)! When we have dropped his propofol previously it makes keeping him steady hard so I am hoping he can handle this one!

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/andymcbride#
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave PAULYPOKER 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 167

This banana guy makes me instantly think of Bigday. Hoping we see this guy a lot more down the road.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10910

Monday is a funday
    Common dude let’s rally
    Gophers won
    Fish are bitting
    Miller lites are following
    Stakes are grilling
    Dude you got this

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Points Awarded:

Shute gave turtlejc 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave turtlejc 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Havent met bigday yet, but it feels like ive known the guy for years

hoping to meet you and booya at the angelman gala this year...time to start getting better pal

billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

This is soooo moving to me. I've spent ALOT of time in the hospital over the past 14/15 yrs.

I have recovered pretty much.

FIGHT HARD ANDY!!

PAULYPOKER

Happy Labor Day!

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 3 hours ago
    Last night Andy remained stable. They decreased the Propofol and increased his blood pressure meds to keep the numbers stable. Although Andy slept well, I did not. I am hoping for a better nights sleep with some melatonin tonight. It didn't help that a couple of the night nurses were so loud and at 1:30 AM they were cleaning the floors. This morning the nurse was checking his reflexes in his toes and she did get the to wiggle!

Today is the last day (day 5) of the plasmapherisis and we will meet with the neurologist about next steps. The original plan was to go back to IGIV but now they are worried about his kidney status so we will see what they decide. We will try a sedation vacation again today and see what happens! We are praying for good stats and more breathing on his own! #goals #teamandy

jjgold

Good update I guess just with a very slight improvement he needs to turn the corner

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah JJ, it's a big corner. We can use any positive signs right now.

I am really worried here. FIGHT BIGDAY!!!

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sam9ball

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Yeah JJ, it's a big corner. We can use any positive signs right now.

I am really worried here. FIGHT BIGDAY!!!
    Damn straight, awesome video and we are all saying the same thing, FIGHT BIGDAY, FIGHT!!!!

jjgold

If the kidneys can get back to normal I think it would really help, I don’t know why a neurologist is involved unless I read that wrong

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

If the kidneys can get back to normal I think it would really help, I don’t know why a neurologist is involved unless I read that wrong

Because the virus he has is jacking with his nervous system.

I don’t know if they have officially diagnosed him with Guillain Barre, but they are treating him for it and that is all about nerves

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

This is a tough week and if he gets through there will be a tough road to recovery.

Life support, failing organs, this is trouble.

Once he gets through these basics, he may still be paralyzed but with a strong hope of even near full recovery.

Let's get him through this week first. Those plasma exchanges are likely because the can't get the infection out of his blood, they can't de-couple the molecules.

The nerve issues are from the GBS and are one of the reasons he ended up in the hospital right away...it attacks quick.

People can recover from the near total paralysis.

Pray for him, the road is long and this first part is steep.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Having Neurology involved makes sense given his initial presentation, but they’re likely just consulting at this point and letting Pulmonary/Cardiology take the lead.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Having Neurology involved makes sense given his initial presentation, but they’re likely just consulting at this point and letting Pulmonary/Cardiology take the lead.
    Kraken, we hate the fukk out of each other but it’s cool that all of us can come together and help

Respect my friend

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

We’re entering week 2 boys.

Keep your spirits up, Bigday Mindy and his family need that from us. Be concerned but not pessimistic. Keep them in your prayers.

This past week has fundamentally changed SBR. No longer can people think we’re a cesspit of degenerate gamblers. We have proved when the stakes are high enough we can unite, support, and fight for one of our brothers.

Let keep up the great work.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 8 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: grease lightnin, Guinser, mr. leisure, The Giant, The Kraken, sweep, JohnGalt2341, and packerd_00

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33158

Any new updates ?

You can beat this Bigday , lets go brother everybody is on your side !!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Kraken, we hate the fukk out of each other but it’s cool that all of us can come together and help

Respect my friend
    Agree, you too

Important life lesson right here for a few of the chaps, know when it's time to bullshit but especially know when it's time to set the bullshit aside and get fukking serious. I can only say as a community response this is one of the best Ive ever seen. Nearly everyone has rallied, set the bullshit side and is trying to figure out how they best can help... What a bittersweet feeling that is right now.

I used to always tell family members "never worry until I do", and this would certainly fit the bill.

But I refuse to not be hopeful because I've taken care of too many people in my life that should never have recovered and everyone (myself included) wrote them off, only to see them recover and walk out. More fukking times than I can count... and I've worked at some of the best and worst hospitals in America. From John Hopkins to Rural hospitals in Oklahoma.

Just need the pressure support on the ventilator to become lower and for him to open those eyes and squeeze some hands.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

From mindy on caringbridge:

Labor Day

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 30 minutes ago
    Today we had hopes for an MRI but each time they laid Andy flat he would lose his oxygen levels. The Infectious Disease doctor thinks that it will just take time to heal. The ID team also does not recommend continuing with the IVIG because of his kidney function. We are hoping to see his levels come down. He was 3.8 down to a 3.4 and normal high range is 1.5. His white blood cell count was 22, to 14, to 8 today.

We are looking at running a marathon not a sprint and am just trying to keep a good pace. We hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend. To all of my educator colleagues and friends, may you sleep well and greet those students with an amazing smile. I am sad to miss the first day of school in my new role as Principal at Parkway Montessori and Community Middle School AND I can't wait to meet all the new students I will support. I did send a welcoming video to greet the students with.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

We’re entering week 2 boys.

Keep your spirits up, Bigday Mindy and his family need that from us. Be concerned but not pessimistic. Keep them in your prayers.

This past week has fundamentally changed SBR. No longer can people think we’re a cesspit of degenerate gamblers. We have proved when the stakes are high enough we can unite, support, and fight for one of our brothers.

Let keep up the great work.

PAULYPOKER

First Day of School

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 4 hours ago
    This morning started out a little challenging due to being so far away from home. I watched Maisie load the bus from our door bell camera and was sent photos from Grammy Lynn. I also spoke with Elsa, which wanted to Facetime and I keep dodging that... she wants to see dad. I just don't know how many excuses I can make before she catches on. T

Andy's stats were really good last night. His heart rate is dropping a little which is good the last few days he was in the 100 range and now he is in the 80-90 range. They have been able to keep his blood pressure stable and oxygen stable with medicine therapy. This morning he even got a little bed bath (laid flat and rolled on side and stats stayed stable!). Yesterday we enjoyed the company of our neighbor and friend. Today two of his college buddies will be up to visit!

As the nurse and respiratory therapist was here to clean his mouth he opened his eyes. I walked over and told him all about the girls first day of school and he tracked me with his eyes, then he raised his eyebrows as I told him stories. Absolutely made my day!!!

Can see pics on site link above as I'm not going to post them here...........
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: grease lightnin, and KVB

First ... 78910111213 ... Last