This really sucks, he is improving a little I guess right now

Lets go BIGDAY!!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Friday Morning

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 41 minutes ago
    I have been waiting for the whole team to arrive and update us but that hasn't happened. This is what I can tell you. Cardio doctor was describing his left lower ventricle is dilated and should be functioning at 60% but is functioning at 20%.

His morning labs showed that his white blood cell count went from 22 down to 14 (high average is 11). A high white blood cell count usually indicates: An increased production of white blood cells to fight an infection. Since white blood cells fight off infection, people tend to think that elevated levels are actually beneficial. This is not necessarily the case! A high white blood cell count isn't a specific disease, but it can indicate another problem, such as infection, stress, inflammation, trauma, allergy, or certain diseases. (Yes that is directly cut and paste from the internet!)

Last night they decreased and then took him off his medication to stabilize his blood pressure, his blood pressure was so low that they had to reinstate the medication. They are now beginning to decrease the medication again to a lower dose. (now off)

The nutritionist wants to up his tubal feeding intake to give him additional calories to help him fight this/ these infections/ virus'... well just plain fight.
    -Kidney functions are up- not good. So keeping track of that.
    -Vent- going down on pressure which is the goal.
    -They are going to keep him out of sedation and try to get him to be more responsive.
    - They are sending out multiple panels to labs out of the state to make sure we aren't missing anything.
    Wake up my man!!!! Lets get those eyes open

All of those sedative drugs are either eliminated through the kidneys or metabolized in the liver, both organs which are currenty not functioning well. He might just take a bit longer to get rid of those sedatives and wake up

glad to hear about his ventilator being turned down, thats a big deal. Kidneys will hopefully reverse course as hit heart restrengthens, kidneys need a strong heart. As he regains heart funcion kidneys get better!

Co
    Last edited by The Kraken; 08-31-18 at 02:23 PM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3714

Get well soon mate.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12169

Above the fold:

"Above the fold is the upper half of the front page of a newspaper or tabloid where an important news story or photograph is often located. It reflects a decision, on the part of the editors, that the article is one of the day's most important."

Boys this thread should never fall below the fold. Don't let it, we're better than that and we've shown what we can do when we unite behind one of our own. This is a long, long way from over. Continue to keep Bigday in your thoughts and prayers. Continue to do everything you can to help his family out. We cannot stop until our brother is back lacing up his cowboy boots
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    For cash donations you can use the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/the-mcbride-family
    Good Job Everyone!!!

Great Support from the Family.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Above the fold:

"Above the fold is the upper half of the front page of a newspaper or tabloid where an important news story or photograph is often located. It reflects a decision, on the part of the editors, that the article is one of the day's most important."

Boys this thread should never fall below the fold. Don't let it, we're better than that and we've shown what we can do when we unite behind one of our own. This is a long, long way from over. Continue to keep Bigday in your thoughts and prayers. Continue to do everything you can to help his family out. We cannot stop until our brother is back lacing up his cowboy boots
    Great post!

Until you started talking about bigday lacing up his cowboy boots Nicely placed. Even in jest he’d expect someone to slap the ahit outta you
    Last edited by The Kraken; 08-31-18 at 09:09 PM.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Fukin Stealthy is a city slicker

No laces in cowboy boots.

When I met Bigday at the bash, I said “Holy shit man, you are way taller than i thought you were”

”Boots, Greaser, it’s the BOOTS!”

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Fukin Stealthy is a city slicker

No laces in cowboy boots.

When I met Bigday at the bash, I said “Holy shit man, you are way taller than i thought you were”

”Boots, Greaser, it’s the BOOTS!”
    Bigdays a big dude, great shape. All the more reason to feel positive he can beat this.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Praying

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Praying
    Points, gifts, donations, are great.
    However nothing compares to the power of prayer.
    Everyone is an anostic until they are in the foxhole.
    Need prayers, thoughts, good vibes,

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90434

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Points, gifts, donations, are great.
    However nothing compares to the power of prayer.
    Everyone is an anostic until they are in the foxhole.
    Need prayers, thoughts, good vibes,
    Amen!!!

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

God Damn
    Big Day
    Soooo many people here rooting for you
    This is crazy
    You are so special
    Please fight
    So much to live for

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Predicting Monday we start getting a little more positive news

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Predicting Monday we start getting a little more positive news
    I hope your right bud!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I am so fukking angry that this has happened. Seriously what is fair in life?! We’re here for such a short period of time and there are some who contribute nothing but pain and misery yet live a healthy life until they’re a 100 whilst someone like Andy is going through this whoreshit and is probably the most genuine soul you could ever meet. And this is after the family’s experiences with Angelman. How is this bloody right?? I’m supposed to be walking into a church for a wedding in 3 minutes and I can’t even be fukked leaving the car because this is just so wrong. If there is a God up there, mate you better sort Andy out now pal or I’ll waste you when we finally meet. This is ridiculous. Him and his family don’t deserve this. For fukk sake enough now.
    Points Awarded:

sweep gave shari91 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711, and The Kraken

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Life not fair

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah Shari, it weighs on us all.

It's a tough one and especially for all the reasons you mention.

Let's get him through the weekend.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I am so fukking angry that this has happened. Seriously what is fair in life?! We’re here for such a short period of time and there are some who contribute nothing but pain and misery yet live a healthy life until they’re a 100 whilst someone like Andy is going through this whoreshit and is probably the most genuine soul you could ever meet. And this is after the family’s experiences with Angelman. How is this bloody right?? I’m supposed to be walking into a church for a wedding in 3 minutes and I can’t even be fukked leaving the car because this is just so wrong. If there is a God up there, mate you better sort Andy out now pal or I’ll waste you when we finally meet. This is ridiculous. Him and his family don’t deserve this. For fukk sake enough now.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Terrible news from one family to another I wish him and his well, and I’m sending out prayers.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16169

100% how I am feeling now...POS like Ronald still around

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of people know this guy also through the years and attending bashes

I talked to him a week before the bash

I have a semi motivational video tomorrow for Bigday to get better

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

Not a pro, but whoever is in charge you can have all my points. Prayers

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A lot of people know this guy also through the years and attending bashes

I talked to him a week before the bash

I have a semi motivational video tomorrow for Bigday to get better

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

We have an update. #TeamAndy

The Struggle Is Real

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 1 hour ago
    There are two things I often say one of them is 'The Struggle is Real' and the other one that I live by and if you know me well has been my mantra 'Choose Your Attitude'.

Today- the struggle was real
    It was another hard day where TEAM ANDY came together and tried to stabilize him. The medical team wanted to wake him to see how he was doing since yesterday they weren't able to get much of a response from him. They also wanted to get a head CT to look at his brain. The took him off of sedation and lowered his pain meds. Andy became more aware of what was going on, they turned him and his blood pressure and oxygen levels were compromised. It then took the medical team to think strategically and balance his medications in order to stabilize him. His plasmapheresis was put on hold until he was ready.

At about 5:30pm Andy was ready to cheers with his buddies Dan and Jake. Yesterday, day 1 of plasmapheresis we said it looked like Miller Lite (Andy's beer of choice). Dan and Jake aren't fans of Miller Lite but they have decided to take one for their best friend and drink it for him. Today his plasmapheresis began and a text chain was shared of them cheersing together!

I want to thank everyone for their support. I love reading the messages on the multiple platforms, it truly lifts my spirits (Choose Your Attitude). I want you all to know that we are so grateful for your generosity of love, we feel it! Please continue to pray for us as we look for answers, a cure, and strength.

Respectfully,

Mindy

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, every day is critical now.

Tough guy though, sounds like everyone's going to get through this.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Praying

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

If there is a God up there, mate you better sort Andy out now pal or I’ll waste you when we finally meet. .

This is how we approach God? This is what we've come to?
    I hope that it's simply more affected mannerisms

May God bless and heal Andy.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    This is how we approach God? This is what we've come to?
    I hope that it's simply more affected mannerisms

May God bless and heal Andy.
    Plenty of god threads to preach in, no need to start in here. I can tell you’re chonping at the bit once again to to start up another god debate. Maybe lets let this one go

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Plenty of god threads to preach in, no need to start in here. I can tell you’re chonping at the bit once again to to start up another god debate. Maybe lets let this one go
    ~~~Simply looking for dignity to prevail.

Prayers for Andy.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    ~~~Simply looking for dignity to prevail.

Prayers for Andy.
    Well said

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Goes to show that being a heck of human being goes a long way with the support he's getting, and Bigday is in that top echelon (not that I know him but when you know you know).

If I can turn out to be half the man he is I'd be blessed. Sending all my regards to the man himself keep fighting mate you got this, his friends and family. Stay strong, the world needs more souls like Bigday and his family.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9585

Staying strong like Mindy.

And expecting some news of improvement soon. Go Team Andy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole, and JAKEPEAVY21

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Shari, time on Earth is temporary. Eternity is forever. If God gave man what he deserved on earth, he’d wipe out the entire world with pain and suffering. Don’t be blaming God and talking about what “people deserve”.

If it’s God’s will that BigDay pulls thru, then he will. If not, he’ll be in a much better place than Earth if he accepts that Jesus Christ has paid the price for his sins.

This is no time to be accusing God. That is what Satan does.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    100% how I am feeling now...POS like Ronald still around
    what did ronald do? I must have missed it, seen you mention him a few times. It was that Tony_Come guy ive had on ignore for a decade

First ... 567891011 ... Last