homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

Quote Originally Posted by ex50warrior View Post
    Are the guys who were touting TSLA still around?? What a drubbing it's taken! At what level is it a buy?
    EXer
    TSLA is up 412% the past 5Y. incredible 80%+ annualized return.

10Y ago it was $2.30

today it is $108

that is 50x

i am in TSLA and down 40% and bought more

homie1975

AAPL and TSLA are approaching oversold territory and that will be a great thing for the broader market when the sellers of these two companies get tired.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

tsla would be one of the last stocks i would buy... musk totally pissed off his fan base, and conservatives don't really buy too many electric cars

alyssa milano bragged that she turned in her tesla for a vw because she didn't want to support a white supremacist like musk... pretty funny when people pointed out vw was started by nazis

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4517

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    tsla would be one of the last stocks i would buy... musk totally pissed off his fan base, and conservatives don't really buy too many electric cars

alyssa milano bragged that she turned in her tesla for a vw because she didn't want to support a white supremacist like musk... pretty funny when people pointed out vw was started by nazis
    [url=https://postimg.cc/R6s6hKgk]

[url=https://postimages.org/][

Perfect timing to improve that TSLA stock

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12011

It's all crashing soon. What goes up must come down. Recession still looming with all this Government spending still. Inflation up the ass.

I just called William Devane at Rosland Capital now and he told me "GOT GOLD BULLION?" then he hung up on me. ..

Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1577

Asian stocks killing it today

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It's all crashing soon. What goes up must come down. Recession still looming with all this Government spending still. Inflation up the ass.

I just called William Devane at Rosland Capital now and he told me "GOT GOLD BULLION?" then he hung up on me. ..
    Big recession coming

Invest in CD's

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25208

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    EXer

10Y ago it was $2.30

today it is $108

that is 50x

Yep, you're right. Timing of the purchase price is critical. Wonder how many buyers at $2.30 have held on or managed to sell near the highs?

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

You can get 4percent on CD's now.

Dollar index will continue to go lower over time. Physical gold and silver do well in these times, as
    well as in times of uncertainty or turmoil.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by SlickFazzer View Post

Dollar index will continue to go lower over time. Physical gold and silver do well in these times, as
    yeah and my bank savings account is 3%

and ameritrade has cd's, anywhere from 1 yr to 6 yr at 4.7%+

homie1975

people have short memories.

musk always finds a way to come back from controversies (smoking weed on the joe rogan show, etc)

i do not expect this to be any different.

the stock is very close to capitulation imo and will turn around.

i am still a LT holder and will add to my position if it breaches the ~$100 floor.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by SlickFazzer View Post

at Robinhood you can get 4% on your uninvested cash and be agile and quick to move it into stocks or crypto (whatever you fancy) with a few mouse clicks in real time when you are ready.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10404

at Robinhood you can get 4% on your uninvested cash and be agile and quick to move it into stocks or crypto (whatever you fancy) with a few mouse clicks in real time when you are ready.
    ~~~

Homie.
    Thank you for the tip.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21761

I see that's new for "Gold customers". Gold customers means $5/mo fee? Is that right? I use TD Ameritrade. Too much of a PIA to switch.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

EXer

10Y ago it was $2.30

today it is $108

that is 50x

I sold mine at a loss and rebought back in today… I have been in Tesla forever. When I sau at a loss that is untrue. I just could of made more if I would of listened to my mother.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I'm big on all the things yanked out of the ground for the foreseeable future, even with the up coming reduction of industrials such as copper, lead, zinc etc... in the 1st quarter of the year. Expect Russia to step up and fully attack Ukraine and fully take over.
    I think the immediate future is bullish going into the end of the week, but all together most indications are a bigger dump. So up then down is my call here. I like IWM calls, xlf, and of course SPY. The QQQs look like shit but they will come up as well with all of the rest of the market, so by default they may pop the most, but long term I'm not buying anything tech related this year unless we get a capitulation event.
    Soon enough so maybe not on Monday but soon there after, a dump to challenge the lows from last year is my 2 month call.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I see that's new for "Gold customers". Gold customers means $5/mo fee? Is that right? I use TD Ameritrade. Too much of a PIA to switch.
    yes, $5/month for Gold Customers.

$1500 deposited and sitting in for at least one year = $5 / month in interest earnings.

so basically anything at $1501 or higher sitting there for at least one year you are making money.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

yes, $5/month for Gold Customers.

$1500 deposited and sitting in for at least one year = $5 / month in interest earnings.

so basically anything at $1501 or higher sitting there for at least one year you are making money.
    I just did a 1-yr CD @ 4% not long ago, so now I feel kinda stupid.

milwaukee mike

musk always finds a way to come back from controversies (smoking weed on the joe rogan show, etc)

i am still a LT holder and will add to my position if it breaches the ~$100 floor.
    we'll agree to disagree then... if i talk to 100 conservatives, 99 of them aren't gonna buy an electric car... and if i talk to 100 liberals, 99 of them will now buy any electric car OTHER than a tesla

controversy is one thing, making your base think you are on "the other side" in today's totally political us vs. them world is catastrophic

i would be shocked if tesla ever makes an annual profit again

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Short memories, but his idiocy is ongoing. Nobody cares about smoking weed. That's not polarizing. CEO of a company that sells products should not be polarizing. He's heading the way of the MyPillow guy, albeit with a 3x IQ. There's going to be more and more competition. What's really going to set Tesla apart other than name, which is now tainted. I wouldn't invest in Tesla at any price.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Got diamonds?

homie1975

TSLA is a tech company, so much more than a car company.

this is short term pain imo, short term could mean another ~6 mos of consolidation but when there is any good news on interest rates, i believe it is one of the first ones to fly.

i am still very bullish LT on TSLA.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Can anyone tell me what to do with a spare 100k i have? I don't want to put it in the stock market and I'm too tired to open another business.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Can anyone tell me what to do with a spare 100k i have? I don't want to put it in the stock market and I'm too tired to open another business.
    3% savings, if you won't need the money for a year or two, then a 1-yr or 2-yr cd at 4.7%/year
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave milwaukee mike 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

milwaukee mike

Short memories, but his idiocy is ongoing. Nobody cares about smoking weed. That's not polarizing. CEO of a company that sells products should not be polarizing. He's heading the way of the MyPillow guy, albeit with a 3x IQ. There's going to be more and more competition. What's really going to set Tesla apart other than name, which is now tainted. I wouldn't invest in Tesla at any price.
    the companies that boycotted mypillow are doing WORSE

check out the stock prices of bbby/w/kss since the boycott

the first 2 will probably go bankrupt... get woke go broke

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

OK sure, it's all polarizing. If you want to be a huge marketing success, you figure out how to avoid alienating any group.

If you have a niche, you can probably win with polarizing. Get the idiots on your side to buy your garbage to show support for your side.

milwaukee mike

OK sure, it's all polarizing. If you want to be a huge marketing success, you figure out how to avoid alienating any group.

If you have a niche, you can probably win with polarizing. Get the idiots on your side to buy your garbage to show support for your side.
    it is all polarizing, we agree on that

michael jordan was smart when he said "republicans buy shoes too"... bbby/w/kss didn't realize how much of their customer base they were pissing off by making it political and playing "holier than thou" ... musk probably realized it with tsla but didn't care

milwaukee mike

if anyone was bullish on tsla (homie), i think options would be the way to play it

for example, with the stock at 109, the 104 put options that expire TOMORROW can be sold for around $1

so you get paid 1%/day! for something 5 bucks out of the money... then if you get stuck buying it at 104 tomorrow, turn around and sell some 104 calls for around 5%/week

that way, even if the stock tanks, your cost basis would end up being so low you'd still probably be ahead... and if it stays flat or up, you're just taking free money
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave milwaukee mike 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

the boycotts of these brick and mortars happened in early Jan 2021 and everything is down since then.

brick and mortar is going to &*$% and a handbasket.

IMO it has little to nothing to do with boycotting MyPillow and a lot more to do with brick and mortar dying and the overall broader market struggling all of 2022.

MUSK went anti-woke and look how that is working out.

just not a good idea overall to piss off any part of the electorate, right or left or center.
    "republicans buy sneakers too" - michael jordan.

Every business that has dropped MyPillow:
    Read the full list of companies that have decided to stop selling Mike Lindell's My Pillow in their stores.

• Dollar General
    • ShopHQ
    • Mattress Firm
    • Kohl’s
    • Kroger
    • BJ’s
    • Wayfair
    • Bed Bath & Beyond
    • TSC/The Shopping Channel
    • H-E-B
    • Affirm
    • Fingerhut
    • Kinney Drugs
    • Colony Brands
    • Bluestream
    • Coborn’s
    • Chewy.com
    • JCP

homie1975

if anyone was bullish on tsla (homie), i think options would be the way to play it

for example, with the stock at 109, the 104 put options that expire TOMORROW can be sold for around $1

so you get paid 1%/day! for something 5 bucks out of the money... then if you get stuck buying it at 104 tomorrow, turn around and sell some 104 calls for around 5%/week

that way, even if the stock tanks, your cost basis would end up being so low you'd still probably be ahead... and if it stays flat or up, you're just taking free money
    Thanks Mike.

i have never played Options before but it is my next chapter in my stocks journey.............as soon as i can find the time to learn it LOL

Slurry Pumper

Well it seems like my prediction is wrong, but a closer look shows the markets are having trouble breaking down past key support. We may still get that rescue operation going into the close and beyond. Times like now are my favorite time to jump in because if I'm wrong, I can take my losses and move on before those losses become large, but the potential is great for a right call and thus large profit. So the risk reward is right where I like it.

homie1975

Slurry, Good Health and Happy 2023 !

Slurry Pumper

Slurry, Good Health and Happy 2023 !
    Thanks Homie same to you.

Looks like another test here before the end of the day for $379.15ish on the SPY. That's the spot of inflection for me.

First ... 364365366367368369370 ... Last