Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

he wipes his ass with $100 bills

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    he wipes his ass with $100 bills
    sounds scratchy! i would hire a hot girl to wipe my ass, or have a real nice bidet do it

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25076

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Well we get another piece to the puzzle this morning that I think will be more pivotal than usual when it comes to what the FED is going to say next week. If the inflation numbers come in very hot still, I think the fed moves the .75 points and says he still has the foot on the gas. Any moderation in the inflation numbers, and we still get the .75 rate hike, but the language will be softer. Either way going into the future the fed will have to stop with the rate hikes because the payment on the debt is gonna start to make that a reality. 4% is about as much as I thought they could do and if reached, I also thought the world would be falling apart by then. I'm shocked that so far things are still under control somewhat, but the system can't take much more without some serious things starting to break down in a nasty fashion.
    Agree. The treasury market has 75 basis points priced in so that will likely happen. The question is whether Powell will keep his projected additional 50-75 point increase by year end intact. I still don't think the global financial system can handle that. We'll find out shortly.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Well as we get closer to the actual FED dance tomorrow, I'm more in the sell the news camp now. I'm flipping around like a fish out of water here which generally means I should be reducing any plays that I make in the short term. The markets have moved so much in the last few days that I will probably be looking to sell into the news.
    Powell has no choice but to let inflation run in an effort to get from under our tremendous debt but he cant say that so I think they will continue to say they are going to fight inflation with rate hikes, but in reality that play is starting to put too much pressure on the world. Look for the fed to continue to talk tough but act with smaller sized rate hikes going forward into next year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Fed playing nice.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25076

Not so much in the Q&A. Still talking a tough game.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10365

I like adding some volatility here, don’t think they can put a dent in inflation until they make everyone lose their jobs and it doesn’t seem to happening at a fast enough pace.

I’ve scaled into RELL slowly and hoping to grab a bigger chunk if it sells off after dividend payout

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Fed playing nice.
    can't speak too soon in a market like 2022

crazy whipsaw action, with goog/meta/amzn hitting new 52-wk lows

i laugh thinking back about 6 months when pretty much everyone on cnbc said the faang stocks were good EXCEPT netflix... that's the best one by far since then

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    can't speak too soon in a market like 2022

crazy whipsaw action, with goog/meta/amzn hitting new 52-wk lows

i laugh thinking back about 6 months when pretty much everyone on cnbc said the faang stocks were good EXCEPT netflix... that's the best one by far since then
    Yeah, no kidding. Chairman Jay strikes again.

milwaukee mike

ridiculously good earnings out of COKE (coca-cola consolidated bottling) and yet the stock goes down 18

p/e of around 10 with fantastic growth (thanks to inflation) and solid in any economic environment

stock is at 450 and should be 650+

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

It's only a flesh wound. !!

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

god bless jerome powell

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Powell just won the Tuesday's elections for the Red Wave.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    He probably won the elections through 2030 for the Red Wave...

milwaukee mike

democrats are mostly broke faggs mooching off the government, so higher interest rates and lower asset prices probably don't affect more than 1% of them

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

What's the excuse if it's not a red wave? Gonna pull the rigged card?

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Rethugs got another gift from Powell

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What is the exact science to a stock market that grows while inflation is the worst in decades??? Doesn't make much sense. You need an economy to BUY... and the Holiday Season will be the true test. Once it's over... spending will stop... stock market goes down... and people say oh sh##.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    What is the exact science to a stock market that grows while inflation is the worst in decades??? Doesn't make much sense. You need an economy to BUY... and the Holiday Season will be the true test. Once it's over... spending will stop... stock market goes down... and people say oh sh##.
    well you're right if spending goes down enough, then earnings suffer

but otherwise, for companies like cat/jnj/mmm... if they sell 10% less "stuff" but inflation is 10%, their sales are flat and their earnings should be higher

same scam that lets people sell a house 20 years later for more than what they paid for it... way more than 1/2 of the super rich people in the world made their money off of real estate, they never did any real work, just benefitted from the scam of inflation

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    Rethugs got another gift from Powell
    I guess it makes up for Greenspan's and Bernanke's gifts to the democrats that the dems called the Bush Recession.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Zoom out on the chart one full year and look back at mid Nov last year. We are down a good bit on all 3 indexes since then.

However, we've gotten. Multiple bear market rallies because we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years so ppl have money and they buy big dips.

Rinse and repeat. But it does make for lower lows and lower highs however a great market for patient seing traders and long term guys like me *should* be okay. We'll see.

Slurry Pumper

So Powell came out and bitch slapped the markets completing the buy the rumor sell the news cycle. I think we see some downside for a while and maybe even some new lows here. Maybe not before the election, but for the next 5 -10 days that is looking like a little slide to me.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Zoom out on the chart one full year and look back at mid Nov last year. We are down a good bit on all 3 indexes since then.

However, we've gotten. Multiple bear market rallies because we have the lowest unemployment in 50 years so ppl have money and they buy big dips.

Rinse and repeat. But it does make for lower lows and lower highs however a great market for patient seing traders and long term guys like me *should* be okay. We'll see.
    definitely a lot of ways to see this

i think the market as a whole will be lower 5 years from now... p/e ratios of 25 were fine when savings accounts paid 0... now that you can get 4-5% in short-term cds, and a mortgage is 7%, and i can buy solid preferreds paying 10%... no real reason that p/e ratios for the overall market should be more than 10

and i'm on the doom and gloom side that says we won't even have a country or a functioning currency at some point in my lifetime, at some point a service economy (like the eu is finding out) is no economy at all... are we all just gonna cut each others' grass and remodel each others' bathrooms? lol

milwaukee mike

ridiculously good earnings out of COKE (coca-cola consolidated bottling) and yet the stock goes down 18

p/e of around 10 with fantastic growth (thanks to inflation) and solid in any economic environment

up 24 points off the open... just another really good call brought to you by your hero, milwaukee mike

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Will consider. Thx!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    It's only a flesh wound. !!
    It's the infection I'm worried about.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Wondering if true.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

democrats are mostly broke faggs mooching off the government, so higher interest rates and lower asset prices probably don't affect more than 1% of them
    One thing we can always count on from you is stark/frank commentary!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Worried here you are correct.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Worried here you are correct.
    of course he's correct

stock market has had ups and downs, but the past 70 years in this country... things have continually dripped worse and worse and worse... both spouses work for the same standard of living, then worse standard of living while increases in crime, etc

other than technology advances (which we could argue whether or not that's good for society) every single thing has gotten worse every decade, longer working hours, quality of food/water, education, freedoms, mental health, physical health, wokeness, cancel culture, etc... i can't even go to a damn movie without being irritated at agendas being shoved down my throat

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

of course he's correct

stock market has had ups and downs, but the past 70 years in this country... things have continually dripped worse and worse and worse... both spouses work for the same standard of living, then worse standard of living while increases in crime, etc

other than technology advances (which we could argue whether or not that's good for society) every single thing has gotten worse every decade, longer working hours, quality of food/water, education, freedoms, mental health, physical health, wokeness, cancel culture, etc... i can't even go to a damn movie without being irritated at agendas being shoved down my throat
    Damn, that's a seriously negative attitude/outlook.

Is standard of living really worse? Seems to me like the average standard of living is much higher.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Damn, that's a seriously negative attitude/outlook.

Is standard of living really worse? Seems to me like the average standard of living is much higher.
    i think it's much worse... 2 generations ago, in most families, a husband could work 40 hrs a week and support a family of 4, then retire with a pension at 55

who the heck can do that now? 12% of the country is below the poverty line, that's way higher than it ever should be... and people are working more hours than ever just to afford basic necessities like food and utilities
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave milwaukee mike 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

milwaukee mike

here's another tidbit, just about my life in milwaukee

growing up in this area, i could walk in most neighborhoods, could definitely walk a few blocks to/from a friend's house even in the dark... always felt safe, we could keep our doors open, knew our neighbors

now almost nobody is friendly, nobody can feel totally safe, everyone has their doors locked and security system (my dad's car has been stolen twice this year already), etc

how can the standard of living be higher when so many kids (including my own) are on antidepressants and/or anti-anxiety medication? ignore the fact that they're miserable and afraid to walk anywhere! they have a nice phone! lol

and who can remember someone's car being stolen twice in the same year a couple generations ago?

Slurry Pumper

Sounds like Milwaukee Mike may be looking to move to a 3rd world country like myself and live high off the hog for about $2000 a month instead of barely getting by in a crappy 1 room rat infested efficiency for the same price near the subway.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Sounds like Milwaukee Mike may be looking to move to a 3rd world country like myself and live high off the hog for about $2000 a month instead of barely getting by in a crappy 1 room rat infested efficiency for the same price near the subway.
    if my wife's family wasn't a concern, then absolutely

i know someone that moved to ecuador and lives like a king for less than that $2k/month

First ... 357358359360361362363 ... Last