magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Some excellent material in this thread actually

I hear gun guys saying there is a difference stress shooting versus lete say practice shooting
    The more you train shooting the more you can rely on your training in high stress situations. Nobody is immune to stress or danger, but I guarantee you that most men would do far more than you seem to think JJ. That cop is an aberration... a pure pussy. Most cops know their job and they do their job. I know what cops are like in big cities like Chicago and NYC and such... they are all union and they are infected. Most cops in flyover country are very different. Brave and they do their job.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    Bunch of internet badasses here lol
    It's his duty. What is he there for? If I didn't feel I could do my duty I would not apply. He's armed for a reason

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This guy was trained to keep kids from throwing their lunches at each other in the cafeteria.

He didn't sign up for a guy coming in with a machine gun.
    He had a weapons endorsement and was assumed. To carry that in a school is basically the same training and background check as becoming a cop. This wasn't some random Mall security guy

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

That cop did the same mistake of the Columbine shooting. Cop waited outside without going inside to save the kids. The Columbine shooters got a full hour of shooting the place up because of pussy cops.

What is everyone's position on Gun Control in the United States?
    https://www.strawpoll.me/15125268

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Can anyone speak from experience what should have been done here?
    Bout time you say something worth responding. Anyways, I don't have experienced but perhaps attended similar training. First thing first, officer stays safe and goes home at the end of the day.

Going in on a active shooter real scenario without back up is insane. The ratio here is outnumbered. You have one cop to protect thousands. In LA, one officer is a assigned to a beat of 10,000 people. Let's say this officer goes in. He doesn't know how many shooters are involved yet. He doesn't know if students are still barricaded in a classroom. It's possible he finds the shooter and if he addressed himself, the shooter can shoot back or barricaded himself in a classroom with students hiding inside creating a hostage situation. The chances here for the officer really could of cause him to die with the killer still on the loose. The Sheriff threw the deputy under the bus. Overall, for active shooters, a rapid response team is called to handle these crisis. If the deputy went in and was shot and killed with the shooter still alive, the Sheriff could have blame the back up instead.

The Sheriff should blame the FBI. The FBI saw Cruz post a text on YouTube about shooting up a school and did nothing. Deputy did the best thing and resigned to retirement. Internal Affairs would have fired him anyways. Nothing new here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many of you have been in a firefight?

thechaoz

Just on the news.

"Trained sheriff's deputy". He resigned.

Sherrif "Sick to his stomach", "disgusted"

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Was this guy 70 years old?
    Says he was able to retire.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by bigbubbafade View Post
    This story just gets worse and worse
    Of course it does.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Bout time you say something worth responding. Anyways, I don't have experienced but perhaps attended similar training. First thing first, officer stays safe and goes home at the end of the day.

Going in on a active shooter real scenario without back up is insane. The ratio here is outnumbered. You have one cop to protect thousands. In LA, one officer is a assigned to a beat of 10,000 people. Let's say this officer goes in. He doesn't know how many shooters are involved yet. He doesn't know if students are still barricaded in a classroom. It's possible he finds the shooter and if he addressed himself, the shooter can shoot back or barricaded himself in a classroom with students hiding inside creating a hostage situation. The chances here for the officer really could of cause him to die with the killer still on the loose. The Sheriff threw the deputy under the bus. Overall, for active shooters, a rapid response team is called to handle these crisis. If the deputy went in and was shot and killed with the shooter still alive, the Sheriff could have blame the back up instead.

The Sheriff should blame the FBI. The FBI saw Cruz post a text on YouTube about shooting up a school and did nothing. Deputy did the best thing and resigned to retirement. Internal Affairs would have fired him anyways. Nothing new here.
    Agree 100%

Every bashing this one guy has seen way too many Hollywood movies.

John Wick doesn't really exist.

Kermit

Look how long it takes a trained SWAT team to take action after a hostile situation takes place. If there were already a SWAT team on the premises of the school, the casualty outcome would have probably been the same except maybe the shooter would have been killed.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Was this guy 70 years old?
    Says he was able to retire.

You gentlemen seem to be forgetting 1 little detail. The majority of police throughout the country (and that is what this guy was...a deputy) have body armor that is standard issue. Was he wearing his while he stood outside and hid behind concrete? His job was to protect those kids. He failed miserably.

so happy he get's his retirement (typed in my most sarcastic font)

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

I'm pretty sure this is "graveyard shift JJ" driving traffic. No one is this stupid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

prob hates kids

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    That cop did the same mistake of the Columbine shooting. Cop waited outside without going inside to save the kids. The Columbine shooters got a full hour of shooting the place up because of pussy cops.

What is everyone's position on Gun Control in the United States?
    https://www.strawpoll.me/15125268
    The entire Florida shooting only lasted 6 minutes. That really isn't much time for someone who is somewhere else to get into a building(having no idea where the shooter(s) could be) and take down a shooter(or shooters), especially when they don't have their Call of Duty tracking device upgraded yet.

There was an armed guard/bouncer at the Gay Florida nightclub that got shot up too, which didn't make a difference.
    Last edited by Kermit; 02-23-18 at 01:17 AM.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

This is so fkn stupid, you are telling me the assistant football coach and AD run in the building WITHOUT anything to protect the kids while this pussy literally cowers behind a wall and listens to kids being gunned down?

nobody said you have to run right at the guy, but don’t you run around the side and try to sneak up on him or something? No way would I be able to live with myself. Fk him.

with that said, I also think it’s stupid to have a 70 year old cop if what someone said above it true. I don’t care if he was at a school or not, I saw our school resource office have to break up some pretty crazy fights in my day. He would prob stand there and videotape to “gather evidence” I bet.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    This is so fkn stupid, you are telling me the assistant football coach and AD run in the building WITHOUT anything to protect the kids while this pussy literally cowers behind a wall and listens to kids being gunned down?

nobody said you have to run right at the guy, but don’t you run around the side and try to sneak up on him or something? No way would I be able to live with myself. Fk him.

with that said, I also think it’s stupid to have a 70 year old cop if what someone said above it true. I don’t care if he was at a school or not, I saw our school resource office have to break up some pretty crazy fights in my day. He would prob stand there and videotape to “gather evidence” I bet.
    sad sad sad guy will have to move out of town, no bar restaraunt store should ever serve him or take his money again just disgraceful what he did have a feeling the next step will be armed security at schools like some banks have armed guards

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    sad sad sad guy will have to move out of town, no bar restaraunt store should ever serve him or take his money again just disgraceful what he did have a feeling the next step will be armed security at schools like some banks have armed guards
    Agree, no way will he be able to show his face around town.

had he at least enter the bldg or went around the side to enter and attempted, things would be different. Nobody said they expected him to kill him, but damn, to just not try while you have the only other gun on school is pathetic.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17048

wow ppl are actually defending this guy. while it is probably true that the majority of regular ppl and maybe even cops would have acted the same as him in that situation that still doesnt make it ok. he asked to be paid for this responsibility.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

56 years old not that old

almost every guy here would be hiding behind that wall

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post

thread over..guys so stupid here trying to be internet tough guys
    many cops did not even know who the killer was ..they busted wrong guy at first
    who would the cop shoot?? He might of panicked and just started shooting anyone running at him
    you guys looked real bad in this thread

Florida trying to cover up epic failure not being tough on this kid

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

To serve and protect

themselves. doesnt apply to others. Most cops have the attitude of, its gonna be you, not me. which is the opposite of what it should be.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Why would anyone ( besides military/SWAT ) need anything but a single action revolver/auto/rifle/shotgun?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave DOM-Ganador 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

magaman
    Update your status

ACCURACY AND FIREPOWER - semi autos provide a 2-3 pound trigger pull for each round without the need to c*ock the hammer. This makes a HUGE difference when lives are at stake.

The better question I would ask is why would you want to intentionally handicap the good guys vs the bad guys?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

guy was ex military as well

magaman
    Update your status

The fact is that the semi-auto pistol has been around now for over 100 years since the colt 1911. Society is not going back in time on this technology nor any other technology. Society moves forward. That is a fact. No doubt some demlibs think it would be a great thing to go back to horse and carriage, but that is not happening either.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I love how nobody is talking about the shooter being a Trump supporter.

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I love how nobody is talking about the shooter being a Trump supporter.
    Kind of like how you likely did not want to discuss in detail the last 15+ mass murderers were demlibs?

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    Kind of like how you likely did not want to discuss in detail the last 15+ mass murderers were demlibs?
    Provide links please.

Here is a link to prove my assertion...

https://www.snopes.com/did-shooters-...ture-maga-hat/

A4K

This guy definitely not a liberal...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.3f3941c7cdf3

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

One school where I live had a threat today. So they cancelled school for the entire district. Probably a lot of threats went out across the country this week.

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    One school where I live had a threat today. So they cancelled school for the entire district. Probably a lot of threats went out across the country this week.
    Sure and plenty of over-reactions as well.

A4K

Sure and plenty of over-reactions as well.
    Yes, way 2 many over reactions. The high school near where I live in Del Mar, CA had a kid arrested at his house for talking to friends about shooting up a school. He is only 14!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Pro gun: Someone should have had a gun

Guy with a gun stays outside because he has no shot without backup

Something seems off here
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave daneblazer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Since the Florida shooting, just around my area, there have been at least 5 kids arrested for talking about shooting up their school or making similar threats. It looks like people are now finally taking this shit seriously.

First 1234567 ... Last