cruyff
    cruyff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 140

I'm always amazed how people only rate how a player should stand up over time to the number of rings or championships they have won. I'll take career stats over trophy cabinet any day of the week.

Take Ray Bourque. Played twenty-one classy years in Boston and didn't even get CLOSE to winning the Stanley Cup. Only in his forties did he move to a stacked Colorado team and play a small role that really didn't make much of a difference anyways. Does that mean Ray played his best year in Colorado? Or he'd be any worse a player if he had just retired in Boston? Hell no.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I've always had basically the same perspective of Manning as Lakerboy. I'm willing to concede that he is a phenomenal quarterback, but he needs to win this super bowl for me to consider him an all-time top 5 quarterback.

blueheron1981
    blueheron1981's Avatar Become A Pro!

You bet you betpoints he will!!!!!!!!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by cruyff View Post
    I'm always amazed how people only rate how a player should stand up over time to the number of rings or championships they have won. I'll take career stats over trophy cabinet any day of the week.

Take Ray Bourque. Played twenty-one classy years in Boston and didn't even get CLOSE to winning the Stanley Cup. Only in his forties did he move to a stacked Colorado team and play a small role that really didn't make much of a difference anyways. Does that mean Ray played his best year in Colorado? Or he'd be any worse a player if he had just retired in Boston? Hell no.

Ray Bourque was a significant part of that avs team- they never won again did they? His stats on that cup winning team were very good. Ray was a great defenseman but he wasnt a manning type of player who got all the accolades. Ray was solid and steady. Listen i know Manning is great but if he loses this game i feel it takes the lustre off a bit . People say the colts arent that great but they still are the favorite cause they have manning and now he needs to deliver and i think he will but hope he doesnt.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8533

Quote Originally Posted by cruyff View Post

that was nice of Boston to give him that opportunity and thankfully it worked out that he won a Cup

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Peyton should have won more of the Pats-Colts games early in his career, and probably should have lost the big one that led to his only SB victory. Peyton is not overrated, but indeed is overhyped. When you listen to play by play announcers calling the game it is always Peyton made the right call, got them in the right play, read the defense correctly, etc. Now unless I have been under a rock, the receiver has to run the right route, the line still has to block, and the ball still has to be caught. Now on the other hand, when Peyton loses or fukks up, then it can't be the receiver ran the wrong route, the lineman picked up the wrong blitzer, the defense was superhuman. It has to be balanced. It reminds me of listening when Brett Favre is playing, just sickening. The same guy who will his teams to wins is also the same guy who is not good enough when the team loses.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave seaborneq 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

wow

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Manning always fails on the big game except once. He lost twice in college and probably lose tonight.

lakerboy

krazey47409
    disabledcantpostorpm yyyyyy?????
    krazey47409's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manning is a ****ing joke so many weak and unaccurate throws tonight he aint shit played with marvin harrison his carrer one of best wr ever hes a good qb but best ever a ****ing joke dont ever wanna hear that shit again he couldnt even beat these bitch ass saints

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    So now that the point is clear on what LB was trying to get across If Maninng loses he cannot be considered the greatest because of the fact of CHOKECITY!!! So therefore I concur with LB
    This is why Manning is overrated case closed

lakerboy

Where are all you Manning lovers

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

This is why Manning is overrated case closed
    Will you give it a break man. Enough of the quoting people and capitalizing things in huge bold letters and changing the colors. I was on the Saints too, good for you and good for me. Please quit being so obnoxious. And congratulations.

PAULYPOKER

aznxangel19
    aznxangel19's Avatar Become A Pro!

peyton is the best QB in nfl football.

krazey47409

carrer stats dont mean shit like mcnabb you have good stats dont mean nothing if you aint winning the chip you the qb of the team you most important valuable player if you cant win a chip your no where near best ever like dan marino no chip great stats no where near best ever caus he was not a champion all those stats he got dont mean shit he wasnt good enough to win a superbowl

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Where are all you Manning lovers
    Guy, i don't know who your favorite team is, but would you trade your starting QB for Peyton Manning? I'm pretty sure you would.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9824

i think its funny people act like manning is retiring and washed up now, lmao

if drew brees doesn't win another superbowl is he overrated

krazey47409

i wouldnt trade drew bress for manning

PAULYPOKER

Now if it was Ben he would have tied the game and still have a chance to win

lakerboy

Stop crying all you you manning riders he choked . He threw a pick to lose the game.Get off his dikk

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Guy, i don't know who your favorite team is, but would you trade your starting QB for Peyton Manning? I'm pretty sure you would.

LOL guy you are so upset i was right again

Tree Rollins

Stop crying all you you manning riders he choked . He threw a pick to lose the game.Get off his dikk
    You should be happy now. Now you and Paulypoker can PM each other, exchange phone numbers, and phone sex the hell out of each other. You've both been waiting all day for it. Slurp Slurp.

PAULYPOKER

Hell no BIG BEN always gets it done when the pressure is on
    stats does not mean shit

Tree Rollins

I bet on the Saints you dummy. Check my posts. Also had the saints as a super bowl winner at +1000 during the preseason, small bet, but i'll take it.

Tree Rollins

Hell no BIG BEN always gets it done when the pressure is on
    stats does not mean shit
    Slurp slurp slurp slurp. You 2 need a room!

lakerboy

I bet on the Saints you dummy. Check my posts. Also had the saints as a super bowl winner at +1000 during the preseason, small bet, but i'll take it.

Retard if you bet on saints why are you concerned with Manning? You used to come into my threads and be peacemaker and after you lost a couple riding me you got upset and called me names. Get a life bum - i am a winner- you are a follower

krazey47409

this superbowl sucked **** both these teams

lakerboy

Where all the Manning followers now. Montana would have won.

Tree Rollins

Retard if you bet on saints why are you concerned with Manning? You used to come into my threads and be peacemaker and after you lost a couple riding me you got upset and called me names. Get a life bum - i am a winner- you are a follower

I always thought you were a clown. You're a good capper, and i'll never say otherwise, but you're a clown. So chill out slurpy.

and i never said you were stupid for taking the saints, i've always been on the saints. You're stupid for talking so much shit about manning. He's a good quarterback. Go to bed slurpy.

knnthlay
    knnthlay's Avatar Become A Pro!

he sucks! he isn't worth the dirt I walk on!!!!!!

krazey47409

manning is a good qb why you think hes in superbowl hes one of nfls best but not best ever hellllllllll noooooooooooo

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

With all that talent around him he should have more then 1 sb ring, he is overrated.

lakerboy

I always thought you were a clown. You're a good capper, and i'll never say otherwise, but you're a clown. So chill out slurpy.

and i never said you were stupid for taking the saints, i've always been on the saints. You're stupid for talking so much shit about manning. He's a good quarterback. Go to bed slurpy.

No your a clown for calling me slurpy- while you bet saints and rode mannings dikk. My point has been proven Mr Rollins- the guy lost after leading 10-0. That has only happened once before in bowl history.

Tree Rollins

No your a clown for calling me slurpy- while you bet saints and rode mannings dikk. My point has been proven Mr Rollins- the guy lost after leading 10-0. That has only happened once before in bowl history.
    I never rode mannings dick. I just disagree with someone saying that Dallas Clark is the reason why Peyton Manning is a good Quarterback. Call pauly and leave me alone.

First 123456 Last