FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Listen fish i aint here to get folks to agree with me. The colts choked to the pats many times and if i remember correctly were favorites on the spread line in new england in one of those afc title games and still lost cause choker manning screwed up. I didnt say the guy is no good, all im saying is if he doesnt win today in my opinion he is overrated. When he loses he has no one but when he wins he makes everyone great- you cant have both sides. For sure MArino was the most overrated ever. Favre won a superbowl and lost the next one and he kept playing cause his legacy was his last loss and he wanted to win in the baddest way.If Peyton wins today he makes the top 5 all time. But he will never top Montana ever. As for those here calling me names why dont you grow up.
    No prob big LB. I respect your opinion regardless of whether I agree or not. Your boy Pauly makes me laugh though. Just pointing out he was the only 1 to agree.

jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jinkh82 View Post
    you guys are jokin right? manning is the QB out there currently. do you think it's easy to get all the way to super bowl twice with three years? i don't think so..

How many QB did it better lets start with pitt in the 70s when the game was a lot harder the QBs went cry babies 4 super bowl wins in 5yrs you have the pats denver cowboys sould I keep going

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jerseykingpin View Post
    How many QB did it better lets start with pitt in the 70s when the game was a lot harder the QBs went cry babies 4 super bowl wins in 5yrs you have the pats denver cowboys sould I keep going
    Let me add Steelers also did it in 2006 and 2009 in which Ben won this one on his own with no help from his O'line, long story short if Manning had the Steelers O'line he would be in a coma as we speak

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Let me add Steelers also did it in 2006 and 2009 in which Ben won this one on his own with no help from his O'line, long story short if Manning had the Steelers O'line he would be in a coma as we speak
    How bout if he had the steelers defense or running game??
    How long does your boy ben hold onto the ball on average??? You sure its the lines fault??

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Most overrated QB ever is #4 from from G.B.\N.Y.\Minny
    THAT COMMENT IS JUST AS STUPID AS SAYING MANNING IS OVERRATED!

PAULYPOKER

If you guys are claiming Manning is the best ever to play the game well then he is overrated but if you are claiming he is one of the best well then he is not overrated

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I see the "know-it-all's" are out in force early today. So, if Manning throws 5 TD's and no INT's, and the Colts lose by 3, some of you fools in here will say that Manning is over-rated. But if he throws 2 TD passes and 3 picks, but the Colts win the game, you will say he is not. No wonder why some of you people in here lose your ass. Can it get more rediculous that this? I doubt it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

Go look up the QB's that have won 2 superbowls......

than realize that Manning is a favorite to join that list today.

BUT
    If his RB fumbles 2 times or his defensive poops their pants or his Kicker misses 3 fgs or special teams gives up 2 long returns..... why is todays win or loss the determining factor of this guys career "label" to you?

sounds like a very very very very fine line between being an all time elite winner and "over-rated"

judge the the qb by what he does year in and year out, game after game.... and give a little more attention to "BIG" games. but the big games aren't the only way we need to measure a player.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If you guys are claiming Manning is the best ever to play the game well then he is overrated but if you are claiming he is one of the best well then he is not overrated
    If the truth be told, it is impossible to pick the "best ever" to play the game. The debate would last longer than our life spans. He certainly is in my Top 10, but so are some QB's that many of you have never seen play.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

by the way about half of the NFL franchises have never WON a super bowl ever. and a handful have never BEEN to a superbowl..... so let's not downplay the one (thus far) SB ring that Peyton has

manning2010
    manning2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 He wont lose

2. He has 2 more at least after this one left in him

3.Than he goes down as the greatest ever

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    All I hear about is how he is the greatest QB of all time meanwhile this clown has only beaten the Bears(grossman) for a superbowl ring. If he doesnt win tomorrow he is a fraud. He has only won 1 big game in his life(over pats in AFC title game) and the team in front of him did that. He threw more picks than td's on their last superbowl run. I know the NFL wants this piece of crap hick to win but i would love to see him lose so it can be shown that he cant win the big game.

GO Saints

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I like lakerboy a lot, but Peyton Manning is in no way overrated. It's poppycock no matter what else happens in his NFL playing dayz. He has done so much with such little defensive help in his career. Even the SB season of 2006, the D played well in the playoffs, but were (by numbers) not very good. Put this Manning guy on the field with a great defense and he has 4-5 Super Bowl wins already minimum.

Also, there are 43 modern Super Bowl winning QB's. Peyton is one of those elite 43. That is something great, IMO. (Trent Dilfer is an exception). Not to mention 23 straight reg season wins and most wins in a decade with him as the team leader.

C'mon Man!
    Last edited by The General; 02-07-10 at 10:51 AM.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If the truth be told, it is impossible to pick the "best ever" to play the game. The debate would last longer than our life spans. He certainly is in my Top 10, but so are some QB's that many of you have never seen play.
    No it is not this is a no brainer in your language and his name is
    "
    Joe Montana"

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    I like lakerboy a lot, but Peyton Manning is in no way overrated. It's poppycock no matter what else happens in his NFL playing dayz. He has done so much with such little defensive help in his career. Even the SB season of 2006, the D played well in the playoffs, but were (by numbers) not very good. Put this Manning guy on the field with a great defense and he has 4-5 Super Bowl wins already minimum.

Also, there are 43 modern Super Bowl winning QB's. Peyton is one of those elite 43. That is something great, IMO. Not to mention 23 straight reg season wins and most wins in a decade with him as the team leader.

C'mon Man!

Fair enough Genny. I do think that the colts have had some pretty good defenses including this one, they are very underrated with their speed. There defense in the superbowl year played pretty well except the first half of the new england game. I know you are a big colts fan so good luck to your team today.

PAULYPOKER

Big Ben is basically still a Freshman in the NFL and he already has 2 Superbowls under his belt this man is just getting started he actually predicted he will get 5 before he retires and I can not disagree with him on this

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Lakerboy how do you feel that pauly freaken poker is the only 1 to agree with you??? Pauly please quiet down. Your like the village idiot running around screaming nonsense at the top of his lungs all day.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

PEYTON wins his 2nd SUPERBOWL...COLTS CHAMPS!!
    Attached Images  

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by kahnner View Post
    THAT COMMENT IS JUST AS STUPID AS SAYING MANNING IS OVERRATED!
    Can you name anybody more overrated????
    This guy has been QB on the best team in the league at least twice and not got it done.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8048

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

This game is a lock for Manning!!

PAULYPOKER

No it's s for Manning

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Jesus can't help the Colts win tonight.

elchampion33
    elchampion33's Avatar Become A Pro!

manning is basically the coach of that team lol, what does jim caldwell even do??? on that note go colts

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Not a fraud. The public has made him into this unbeatable giant. He's still the same old Manning except with a team worse than the last Super Bowl. Saints cover, but it'll be close

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

lakerboy:

1) NO ohio state was NOT the best team in cfb

2) NO the jets were not gona beat the colts

3) NO manning is not the most overrated player IF the colts lose

RE-FUKKING-LAX on the HYPERBOLE dude

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manning over-rated? No.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

That being said, if he doesn't win here, Im not so sure he can be included in the category of the greatest ever though

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Im a Saints fan and I think its pathetic you are calling him overrated for not winning. That would mean Brees would be overrated if he loses the Super Bowl. Manning has done twice as much more than Brees. Have you not looked at what Manning has done for 5 consecutive years?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I would say so. After beating the Patriots in a great game, he had a walk through superbowl with the bears. People seem to forget he had a bad game and will not be able to get so lucky against the Saints. He consistently lost to the Patriots/Steelers etc in big games and only had one break through year.

If the Colts blow this it will be an epic fail. Love the Saints but their defense is going to bring them down (assuming Peyton gets the job done)

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Of course if manning doesnt win he will get a free pass- unlike brady who was roasted after they lost to the giants. Hoopster calm down sd-1 didnt cover over jets so dont act like you are the know it all. I asked a question and posted my opinion- thats allowed to happen here.

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Can you name anybody more overrated????
    This guy has been QB on the best team in the league at least twice and not got it done.
    HOW IS HE OVERRATED? YOU MUST JUST BE A FAVRE HATER! THAT'S O.K. JUST LIKE LAKERBOY THINKS MANNING IS OVERRATED! I'M NOT GOING TO GET INTO A PISSING MATCH ABOUT A STUPID OPINION YOU HAVE! LET ME GUESS HE THREW SOME BAD INT'S IN BIG GAMES! LOOK AT HIS WHOLE CARRER AND HIS NUMBERS, THEY DON'T LIE AND IF YOU LOOK AT BEST QB LISTS OF ALL TIME HE'S A TOP 5 QB ON THEM!

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

no you asswipes

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

This is a team sport brother. By your standard, Dan Marino is not among the best QB that ever play the game. He doesn't have a superbowl ring. The rest of the country is wrong to have inducted him into the HOF.

NO NO NO.....Manning is not overrated regardless whether he wins today or not. IMHO, Manning is the best QB this season. His ability to recognize the defense is second to none. His brother Eli try to do the same with little success.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Dude, pleaze get off that pipe already. Manning overrated don't even go with the same sentence. Although his rings don't show it since he only got one, he's easily the most prolific pure passer ever.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

while his regular season record is astronomical which means nothing cause the goal in the NFL is to win Superbowl every year or its a big fat loss!!
    Weren't you one of the people who was pissed at teams that rested players during the regular season?

First 123456 Last