I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1405

Totally scurred

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Don't wait until the end. Hop on a flight and go to Vegas. You can watch the hurricane on big screen at MGM.
    Points Awarded:

mets119218 gave pavyracer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Been through a few hurricanes. This one isn't expected to hit us bad. Been through hurricane Andrew and that was devastating. Last major hurricane was Wilma in 2005 and it was overshadowed because of Katrina but it left me without electricity for 3 weeks.

If you go to Homedepot I recommend something like this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-6...CDX6/205167332

BTW we've had practically 11 years without a major hurricane. That's a hell of a streak.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Miami emptying out

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Tho hurricane will affect a lot of games this week. Be careful with betting.

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7692

No sweat north of Jax. Majority of these are just bad showers. The coast will lose a lot of sand for sure. Big money is spent trying to keep it and mother nature is a bitch and just takes it away.

jjgold

Miami could get leveled

I hope not

NC in trouble on coast

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

They are milking this. Every news channel on 24/7 talking about this storm. They are making money like crazy all the while acting like this storm is a bad thing. Any time a storm comes they all get bonuses.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

Quote Originally Posted by mets119218 View Post
    Well boys I think I am popping my cherry with hurricanes. Went to get gas and was 60 cars in line. Cops directing traffic at costco. I don't drink but guess going to liquor store today and bought a generator and will see what this does
    I haven't been keeping up with the hurricane but my college roommate was living in Homestead Fl, when hurricane Andrew was on it's way. He wanted to ride it out. I begged and pleaded with him to get the hell out of there and luckily he did. His entire street was totally leveled. It looked like an atom bomb hit the neighborhood. Several people died and he most likely would have too as his house was leveled. To this day, they've never gave an accurate death count. There were a lot of unregistered illegal people that were killed but never accounted for. I'm always recommending to go inland if you are near the beach. Why take the chance? You cannot fuk with Mother Nature.

A generator is basically required in the south. We were without electricity for 2 weeks after Hurricane Katrina. Make sure you have enough gas to fuel it. My generator eats about 11 gallons a day. I had a huge 250 gallon plastic tank installed under a deck. I can then pump it to the generator. Prior to it, I had to siphon gas from my SUVs and had portable gas tanks which was a pain. I keep saying one day I will get a generac with natural gas piped in. Everything in our neighborhood went down (cable, internet, phone lines, electricity, water) except our gas. Keep safe.

jjgold

Watch it blow out to sea

trillz
    trillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4470

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Watch it blow out to sea
    Lol no.. it's coming right for Central/east Florida

mets119218
    mets119218's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

Well I am less the 24 hours from this thing coming to shore 45 miles from my house. I am not looking forward to 105 mile per hour winds at 2 am in the morning. What sucks about being here is I couldn't even get a truck or even get a neighbor to go help me bring plywood to house so will to this without anything on the windows which scares me shitless. Growing up in Tennessee we always helped each other but not here. Oh well hope I survive this. Glad doctor just gave me xanax never took a pill like that in my life but will start tommorow hopefully it will knock my ass out

jjgold

The wind speeds are already getting less and less if you look at the map this is going to be really really overblown

mets119218

thanks for the support Chief meteorologist jj. I will trust my local news more then someone getting title loans to gamble
    (QUOTE=jjgold;26346816]The wind speeds are already getting less and less if you look at the map this is going to be really really overblown[/QUOTE]

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Stay safe
    Seahawkharry will pray for u guys

mets119218

Thanks pal. I go to homestead quite a bit and still areas are destroyed. Miami is going get off lucky on this one and it looks like us in northern palm beach count and Indian county are going get a landfall which could be devastating at 130-140 which my local news are forecasting to hit around 2-3 am tommorow night. Having this shit st night is worse. I just got my generator from Amazon its a smaller one 4000 watts so I should be able to get the fridge on. I was able to 30 gallons so will have to make it last. Little worried about 2 120 feet royal palms in my neighbors yard coming into my house. Hopefully I am just worked up as it's my first one. My house is paid off my wife refuses to leave even though it's a safe 2 hour ride to Sarasota which is what I wanted to do. Guess I will just make a video and pray my Windows and roofs hold
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with the hurricane but my college roommate was living in Homestead Fl, when hurricane Andrew was on it's way. He wanted to ride it out. I begged and pleaded with him to get the hell out of there and luckily he did. His entire street was totally leveled. It looked like an atom bomb hit the neighborhood. Several people died and he most likely would have too as his house was leveled. To this day, they've never gave an accurate death count. There were a lot of unregistered illegal people that were killed but never accounted for. I'm always recommending to go inland if you are near the beach. Why take the chance? You cannot fuk with Mother Nature.

A generator is basically required in the south. We were without electricity for 2 weeks after Hurricane Katrina. Make sure you have enough gas to fuel it. My generator eats about 11 gallons a day. I had a huge 250 gallon plastic tank installed under a deck. I can then pump it to the generator. Prior to it, I had to siphon gas from my SUVs and had portable gas tanks which was a pain. I keep saying one day I will get a generac with natural gas piped in. Everything in our neighborhood went down (cable, internet, phone lines, electricity, water) except our gas. Keep safe.

jjgold

I think I know what I'm talking about… Meteorologist love drama

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

No way I'd stick around for a Cat 4. People don't understand how strong these things are. They're bigger than the black dot on the projected path picture. Next time you're on the interstate going 70mph stick your hand out the window. Now imagine the wind outside being about twice as strong blowing for several hours or half the day and that's what you're dealing with

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Why people choose to live where hurricanes frequent is beyond me

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

I fly to Charlotte nc saturday to connect to bradenton florida. Am i screwed?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

As long as it doesn't hit Tennessee, I could care less. Can't wait to see the news footage of snakes and alligators in the streets of downtown areas.

jjgold

Hurricanes rarely happen in Florida now go look at the maps and see the wind speed projections are not as great as two days ago

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    I say the same thing about snow

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

I guess it comes down to how do you prefer to die: frozen, drowned, burnt to a crisp, rolled over by lava or shaken to death.

trillz

Quote Originally Posted by mets119218 View Post
    Well I am less the 24 hours from this thing coming to shore 45 miles from my house. I am not looking forward to 105 mile per hour winds at 2 am in the morning. What sucks about being here is I couldn't even get a truck or even get a neighbor to go help me bring plywood to house so will to this without anything on the windows which scares me shitless. Growing up in Tennessee we always helped each other but not here. Oh well hope I survive this. Glad doctor just gave me xanax never took a pill like that in my life but will start tommorow hopefully it will knock my ass out
    Man you're staying? No thanks, got the house closed up and heading west at 4am to beat the traffic

trillz

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Last time a major hurricane made landfall in the US was almost 9 years ago.. it's just that time of year but this is a rare one
    Last edited by trillz; 10-05-16 at 09:37 PM.

jjgold

A lot of overreaction with SBR posters

Don't be a pussy just stay and gamble

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A lot of overreaction with SBR posters

Don't be a pussy just stay and gamble
    JJ desperately trying to get a reaction in this thread lol.

trillz

Katrina was a Cat 3 when it hit NOLA.. Matthew is expected to be cat 4 when it hits here.. there will be MAJOR flooding

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21329

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I say the same thing about snow
    You're afraid of snowflakes?

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9822

Where you guys at? I am just outside Melbourne - town called Viera. We are 7 miles or so from the coast. We are staying. Newer home and have storm shutters up. Will see if we regret it.

trillz

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Where you guys at? I am just outside Melbourne - town called Viera. We are 7 miles or so from the coast. We are staying. Newer home and have storm shutters up. Will see if we regret it.
    In Vero Beach, not far from Viera. Hopefully doesn't go back to CAT 4 like they have been saying. It won't be fun but stay safe brother

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9822

Quote Originally Posted by trillz View Post
    In Vero Beach, not far from Viera. Hopefully doesn't go back to CAT 4 like they have been saying. It won't be fun but stay safe brother
    Vero beach. Scary. You staying put? You in mandatory evacuation zone? They are putting winds at 130 which is very bottom of 4. Not saying that's a ton better but if it gets there it will hopefully just barely cross that line

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Cat 4

Go fly a kite

trillz

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Vero beach. Scary. You staying put? You in mandatory evacuation zone? They are putting winds at 130 which is very bottom of 4. Not saying that's a ton better but if it gets there it will hopefully just barely cross that line
    I think technically you have to be on the other side of the bridge to be in the zone but I'm only a few miles from water and won't be staying to see what happens. Heading to Clearwater in a few hours for the weekend.. was gonna try to stay but if it hits like they say it's going to it's gonna be one hell of a storm. You see the pics of Haiti and some of the other islands?

First 12345 Last