Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Betting online as a US player is not worth it

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I felt circle robbed you with the "going rate" for BTC at the present time. You'll find out that Coinbase... (in my opinion) has lower fees and gives you the closest current price for BTC.

They start you off at $100 for instant transfer. After two successful transactions... I was bumped up to $200.00 instantly. I need to 2-3 more transactions.... and they'll bump you to the next level. Don't know what Level 3 is??? But I'm sure someone here does. If it's $500 instantly... that would be great.

Good luck Giant. Hope you like it pal.
    Circle might have cost a little more when you bought, but when you sold you got a pretty sweet deal.

I'm pretty depressed hearing about these low levels you're experiencing. At Circle, I was able to move around $3000 a week. And I got to those levels pretty quick.

I really hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot here.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Giant good luck to you sir

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Be smart

Read up on everything with bitcoin

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Circle might have cost a little more when you bought, but when you sold you got a pretty sweet deal.

I'm pretty depressed hearing about these low levels you're experiencing. At Circle, I was able to move around $3000 a week. And I got to those levels pretty quick.

I really hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot here.
    Being careful with Coinbase, they're same as Circle in terms of banning gambling users.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    Being careful with Coinbase, they're same as Circle in terms of banning gambling users.
    Would you suggest any place else?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Well I contacted Heritage Sports customer support... and I asked them... if I deposit using BTC.... do I automatically have to get paid out BTC? They said No.

Let's face it... sometimes it's hard making deposits. BTC is easy to reup a book. Glad to know there's an out... if you don't want BTC back in your pocket.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

That's why it is so important to use Blockchain as middle man. You'll be fine as long as you do not make direct transfers from Coinbase to book.

tb1984

Would you suggest any place else?

I think Coinbase and Circle are the most convenient for U.S players, and since they don't take your money when they ban you, so just be careful and play until they ban you.

I'm also banned by Circle, and Coinbase took away my instant buy. I've been looking at other exchanges for buying/selling bitcoins, but most of them are not U.S base, or not convenient to move money around like Coinbase/Circle. Now, I have to use Libertyx.com for buying bitcoins, which is not convenient because you have to drive to locations that offer Libertyx. And most of these locations are open from 9 a.m - 6 p.m.

So, I think you should just use Coinbase as long as they allow you.
    Last edited by tb1984; 03-03-16 at 07:08 PM.

tb1984

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    That's why it is so important to use Blockchain as middle man. You'll be fine as long as you do not make direct transfers from Coinbase to book.
    I think Raiders also said that Coinbase/Circle can trace all transactions. So, if Circle/Coinbase put a review on your account, they can see all transactions(Coinbase/Circle -> Blockchain -> books).

These transactions are public and on the Blockchain ledger, and these transactions don't disappear or go away.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Well I contacted Heritage Sports customer support... and I asked them... if I deposit using BTC.... do I automatically have to get paid out BTC? They said No.

Let's face it... sometimes it's hard making deposits. BTC is easy to reup a book. Glad to know there's an out... if you don't want BTC back in your pocket.
    Yes that is a great thing about heritage. I love depositing in bitcoin but hate getting paid out with bitcoin. Too much of a pain to convert the bitcoin to cash. I would rather have cash in hand. Bitcoin is only good to deposit with I think.

The Giant

I think Coinbase and Circle are the most convenient for U.S players, and since they don't take your money when they ban you, so just be careful and play until they ban you.

I'm also banned by Circle, and Coinbase took away my instant buy. I've been looking at other exchanges for buying/selling bitcoins, but most of them are not U.S base, or not convenient to move money around like Coinbase/Circle. Now, I have to use Libertyx.com for buying bitcoins, which is not convenient because you have to drive to locations that offer Libertyx. And most of these locations are open from 9 a.m - 6 p.m.

So, I think you should just use Coinbase as long as they allow you.
    Yeah, I'm not interested in having to drive anywhere. If I did that, I could just go back to making bank wires.

Please let me know if you find any other decent exchanges. I've done a quick search, but I'm honestly not very educated with this stuff. Raiders has been my go-to guy.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Giant I would think you're not too bright but it's cool you're still a good guy
    Not called for coach

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Yes that is a great thing about heritage. I love depositing in bitcoin but hate getting paid out with bitcoin. Too much of a pain to convert the bitcoin to cash. I would rather have cash in hand. Bitcoin is only good to deposit with I think.
    Is Heritage the only book that will pay out USD after receiving BTC?

tb1984

Yeah, I'm not interested in having to drive anywhere. If I did that, I could just go back to making bank wires.

Please let me know if you find any other decent exchanges. I've done a quick search, but I'm honestly not very educated with this stuff. Raiders has been my go-to guy.
    Sure, meanwhile as you said that you have a good amount of Bitcoins, you could sell them on localbitcoins.com. I've sold bitcoins several times on localbitcoins.com. I use Paypal method(which is pretty much instant) and only deal with good buyers. Most of Paypal buyers send money as "Good/Services" which you have to pay Paypal at least 3% for fees, but the bitcoin prices are usually higher than Coinbase which somewhat can cover the fees.

The Giant

Sure, meanwhile as you said that you have a good amount of Bitcoins, you could sell them on localbitcoins.com. I've sold bitcoins several times on localbitcoins.com. I use Paypal method(which is pretty much instant) and only deal with good buyers. Most of Paypal buyers send money as "Good/Services" which you have to pay Paypal at least 3% for fees, but the bitcoin prices are usually higher than Coinbase which somewhat can cover the fees.
    I'll look into that. I can also send them to my blockchain, and then to books that payout USD (If you know of any besides Heritage, let me know). What are Coinbase withdrawal limits?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Is Heritage the only book that will pay out USD after receiving BTC?
    No. Youwager does as well. The only thing I don't like is Youwager makes you keep your deposit amount in there for 30 days but you can withdraw any amount above it at any time with any other method.

tb1984

I'll look into that. I can also send them to my blockchain, and then to books that payout USD (If you know of any besides Heritage, let me know). What are Coinbase withdrawal limits?
    It depends on your account level, other Coinbase players can give you more info. You could still sell bitcoins on Coinbase(1% fee), but be careful and don't raise red flags for yourself(i.e selling large amount of bitcoins, or selling multiple times for a day).

The Giant

Thanks Mike and TB, really appreciate the information here.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

remember back in the day when bitcoin was so easy

The Giant

Fine, Jake.

You were right.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Fine, Jake.

You were right.

I'm sure you'll be able to use coinbase for a few weeks -I am just giving you a hard time.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    remember back in the day when bitcoin was so easy
    It still is. Some guys get intimidated by having to set up at both Coinbase/Circle and an intermediary like Blockchain, but once they do and get the flow right, it is EZ PEEZY

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Have you ever sent money back to your bank?
    Quite a few times without an issue... yet.

I guess we'll see what happens haha

The Giant

I don't get it. What the hell did I do wrong?

I only sent Circle to the book once.

I only sent money back to my bank once.

Why me?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

It still is. Some guys get intimidated by having to set up at both Coinbase/Circle and an intermediary like Blockchain, but once they do and get the flow right, it is EZ PEEZY
    LT my comment was a little dig at The Giant (he's a good sport). However it brings up the issue of working with American based exchanges in relation to gambling. I believe this will become more difficult as BTC becomes the currency of choice for offshore gaming. So where does that push us - using non American exchanges which presents the issues of security, liquidity, etc.

LT Profits

Why me?
    As was mentioned, Niitrogen does a better job of covering up its identity, no doubt be generating different unique betcoin addresses for each transaction. My best guess is that the book you transferred to has one static address?

The Giant

As was mentioned, Niitrogen does a better job of covering up its identity, no doubt be generating different unique betcoin addresses for each transaction. My best guess is that the book you transferred to has one static address?
    Nope. I've only used Nitrogen as a bitcoin book. I haven't played anywhere else.

The whole thing has me baffled.

The Giant

Well, look at that. I'm famous. Or maybe infamous.

It's nice to hear about the debit card though. I just hope they have reasonable limits.

LT Profits

Nope. I've only used Nitrogen as a bitcoin book. I haven't played anywhere else.

The whole thing has me baffled.
    Wow, that is odd.

Well, make sure to use blockchain with coinbase EVERY time and you should be fine. Both cash into book and cash out.

tb1984

Why me?
    I think that for every bitcoin transaction, it has a sender bitcoin address and receiver address. And pure Bitcoin books like Nitrogen usually tag their names onto their Bitcoin addresses. So, once Circle put a review on your account, they can retrieve these info even though you use Blockchain in the middle. And I think Circle did not ban you because you had sent directly to book once, they can even know about Nitrogen with your recent transactions.

With traditional books like 5dimes or Heritage, they use third party as Bitcoin processor and these processors don't tag their names on Bitcoin addresses(I think). So, I think it's harder for Circle/Coinbase to detect gambling activities.

So, the bottom line is don't raise red flags for your account.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

At least you didn't get kicked out of Square.com. That would have been embarrassing.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

this giant guy is such a square

Whats a bitcoin?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

hard lesson to learn sir. gl

First 123 Last