mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Don't agree for the most part but.............bring back Quaaludes!!!!!
    Sure thing Bill.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody seems to know how he is doing

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why is it always such a downfall for any professional athlete to retire from their sport??? And then turn into a major train wreck? Have some fukking pride. We all get old... keep chugging a long... and live each day to the best of your ability.

I don't feel sorry for this a$$hole.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Why is it always such a downfall for any professional athlete to retire from their sport??? And then turn into a major train wreck? Have some fukking pride. We all get old... keep chugging a long... and live each day to the best of your ability.

Mental illness is serious business. Not everyone is capable of conquering addiction. Nobody is asking you to feel compassion but the type of judgement that you are throwing out there won't really serve to help you in life.

Look at all the people here living desperate lives and broke even though they are capable of winning at a 57% clip. Obv gambling addiction isn't the same but judgement is. Would be easy for me to look at someone and say WTF why can't you just practice money management? Well what you and I are capable of isn't in line with others. I'd venture to say at least 25% of people at SBR belong at GA. Of course people are too ego driven and prideful for that kind of step. Will just continue to lie to everyone and chase the glory of winning...some to their demise.

The brain works in mysterious ways. Don't judge those outside of yours.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: innovation, kidcudi92, darkghost, and No coincidences

jjgold

Taddy with the tremendous post

jjgold

Lamar Odom remains hospitalized in Las Vegas as questions remain about his condition and how he ended up unconscious in a Nye County brothel.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson spoke to reporters outside Sunrise Hospital on Wednesday morning, saying he visited Odom and that he appears to be improving.

Odom, 35, "has some responsiveness now," said Jackson, who on Tuesday had attended the Democratic presidential debate at the Wynn Las Vegas.

Nye County Sheriff Sharon Wehrly is scheduled to speak at 4 p.m. Wednesday to give more information about Odom and her investigation during a press conference in Pahrump.

Staff at Dennis Hof's Love Ranch in Crystal, about 30 miles north of Pahrump, called Nye County emergency personnel about 3:15 p.m. Tuesday, reporting Odom was experiencing a "medical emergency" and was unresponsive, Nye County Sheriff Sharon Wehrly wrote in a release.

The 6-foot-10-inch, about 230-pound Odom was too big to be transported to Las Vegas. Instead, he was taken by ambulance to Sunrise Hospital — about a 60 mile drive.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Tatters nobody is judging just wondering if the guy is still in a coma

and still hard
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Mental illness is serious business. Not everyone is capable of conquering addiction. Nobody is asking you to feel compassion but the type of judgement that you are throwing out there won't really serve to help you in life.

Look at all the people here living desperate lives and broke even though they are capable of winning at a 57% clip. Obv gambling addiction isn't the same but judgement is. Would be easy for me to look at someone and say WTF why can't you just practice money management? Well what you and I are capable of isn't in line with others. I'd venture to say at least 25% of people at SBR belong at GA. Of course people are too ego driven and prideful for that kind of step. Will just continue to lie to everyone and chase the glory of winning...some to their demise.

Tat... when was he diagnosed with a mental illness? I don't recall him mentally ill? While he was in the NBA or just after he left?

If you're mentally aware to go to a bunny ranch... use crack cocaine.... and get sex... you know who you are... and what you're doing.

The guy is LAZY. He doesn't care. He gave up. He quit.

Who hasn't been through a pressure cooker a few times in their life? Everyone has... you choose to be LAZY. You choose to be an addict. Or you choose to fight and WIN.

Not arguing with you Tat I'm just saying.... the guy simply doesn't care anymore. That's a person's choice. Not an addiction.

tatddy

Tat... when was he diagnosed with a mental illness? I don't recall him mentally ill? While he was in the NBA or just after he left?

If you're mentally aware to go to a bunny ranch... use crack cocaine.... and get sex... you know who you are... and what you're doing.

Who hasn't been through a pressure cooker a few times in their life? Everyone has... you choose to be LAZY. You choose to be an addict. Or you choose to fight and WIN.

Not arguing with you Tat I'm just saying.... the guy simply doesn't care anymore. That's a person's choice. Not an addiction.
    Drug addiction is a mental illness. You can judge that all you want. If you haven't been there then you just don't know. I've had a friend who was in his young 20s, one of the first Google employees who had more stock than you could ever need, fukking all the women he wanted....and he ended up on Geary St in SF doing crack and chasing hookers. Was that a choice? Of course it was. Does he have the same faculties that you do to make rational decisions? Well you judge that if you want.

Robin Williams had a great life right? Yeah that ended well.

Judging is your choice but, like I said, doesn't serve you well in the end. There is no 1 reality. There's only the lens by which you view life. Don't assume everyone has the same prescription.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...mental-illness
    Last edited by tatddy; 10-14-15 at 04:29 PM.
    Points Awarded:

No coincidences gave tatddy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

now they are saying he has no will so khloe getting all 50 mil of his net worth

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Judging is your choice but, like I said, doesn't serve you well in the end.

Where can I find info where judging someone doesn't serve me well in the end?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13360

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    now they are saying he has no will so khloe getting all 50 mil of his net worth
    wow that's brutal. Can you imagine if you are his baby mama who he left for that ape? Bad beat after bad beat.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Where can I find info where judging someone doesn't serve me well in the end?
    It's a function of limited growth potential not something that will inhibit you from living an abundant life. More like...what you could be vs what you are. But that's not for SBR. Google effects of judgemental behavior plenty of psycho analysis out there. Most people too blinded to care about growth anyway.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

It's a function of limited growth potential not something that will inhibit you from living an abundant life. More like...what you could be vs what you are. But that's not for SBR. Google effects of judgemental behavior plenty of psycho analysis out there. Most people too blinded to care about growth anyway.

Thanks man! All I needed to know. Saved me from reading a couple extra sentences, now I can go back to TMZ.
    Thanks again for getting right to the point in the first line.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Thanks man! All I needed to know. Saved me from reading a couple extra sentences, now I can go back to TMZ.
    Thanks again for getting right to the point in the first line.
    Cheers
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ted Sheckler

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Still waiting on Goat Fade to provide his name and proof...

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

They said that almost every drug imaginable was found in his system. Also said that he had track marks on his arm. They also said he was smoking crack all weekend. Geeze.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Moneyshotter setting up Bigday for the kill

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    They said that almost every drug imaginable was found in his system. Also said that he had track marks on his arm. They also said he was smoking crack all weekend. Geeze.

that's a Monday morning for JJ

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11987

Drug addiction is not a mental illness.. I disagree with you Tatddy!!

If these people that are addicted to drugs never tried the drug in the first place would they then still be labeled mentally ill? I don't think so??? See where i'm getting at sport? It's a personal choice..

People do drugs because they are curious, maybe want to try it, experiment, others because of pure pressure, most to escape boredom and feel good instantly, and a few others to escape personal pain to forget... They get hooked and then it becomes a monster to try to break it off on their own....

There is no mental illness in this scenario.. It's more like mental weakness...

finfan88
    finfan88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8046

So sad

tatddy

Jibby disagreeing is fully welcomed. Also appreciated the little condescending twist to get your point across (sport). Thanks for the post. The loudest one in the room isn't always the strongest.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11987

Jibby disagreeing is fully welcomed. Also appreciated the little condescending twist to get your point across (sport). Thanks for the post. The loudest one in the room isn't always the strongest.
    Am I the loudest? Aww I don't mean to be if so... Gotta disagree again, Lakerboy and JJ are much louder.... I'm not that strong either.. Just try to keep it real and tell it like it is...

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

If only the brain worked in such a simplistic manner for all of us..

TheMoneyShot

I'm trying to figure out what are we really talking about here?

Addiction? Drug Use? Emotions? Wants/Needs?

Odom didn't have choices? His brain is simply unbalanced?

Reminds me of the time the Lakers and Phil Jackson had problems with him. Kobe had to talk to him... Jackson had to talk to him. Sounds like he suffers from Ricky Williams Syndrome. "It's all about me and I don't give a fuk about you."

That's not an addiction. That's not a mental illness. It simply means... I don't give a fuk. There's a lot of Americans who suffer from this.... I won't go into further detail.

My point is... Odom has choices. We can die today... or choose to live today. If you're brave enough to take your own life. More power to you. He's self centered like how he was before.

Everyone has choices... I could rob a bank tomorrow. Does that declare me mentally unstable?
    Points Awarded:

Jeffie gave TheMoneyShot 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1175

I'm trying to figure out what are we really talking about here?

Addiction? Drug Use? Emotions? Wants/Needs?

Odom didn't have choices? His brain is simply unbalanced?

Reminds me of the time the Lakers and Phil Jackson had problems with him. Kobe had to talk to him... Jackson had to talk to him. Sounds like he suffers from Ricky Williams Syndrome. "It's all about me and I don't give a fuk about you."

That's not an addiction. That's not a mental illness. It simply means... I don't give a fuk. There's a lot of Americans who suffer from this.... I won't go into further detail.

My point is... Odom has choices. We can die today... or choose to live today. If you're brave enough to take your own life. More power to you. He's self centered like how he was before.

Everyone has choices... I could rob a bank tomorrow. Does that declare me mentally unstable?
    Spot on TMS!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

mental illness is serious business. Not everyone is capable of conquering addiction. Nobody is asking you to feel compassion but the type of judgement that you are throwing out there won't really serve to help you in life.

Look at all the people here living desperate lives and broke even though they are capable of winning at a 57% clip. Obv gambling addiction isn't the same but judgement is. Would be easy for me to look at someone and say wtf why can't you just practice money management? Well what you and i are capable of isn't in line with others. I'd venture to say at least 25% of people at sbr belong at ga. Of course people are too ego driven and prideful for that kind of step. Will just continue to lie to everyone and chase the glory of winning...some to their demise.

poty

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I'm talking about life, not gambling.

Gambling - my NBA record on this site speaks for itself. No one on this site can hold a candle to me when it comes to the NBA. I've never seen you write anything meaningful about nba that I can't find on ESPN or from some beat writer that knows nothing about the intricacies of the game. Maybe you should ask your friends Kirk Lacob or the Maloof Brothers about me and ask them what they thought when I proposed my take on how to build an nba roster and how to account for matchup analysis and rely secondarily on analytics during the playoffs.... PHil advised me to build a model out of that knowledge and I'm doing that now and then will present it to teams. I think I know what I'm talking about and it seems the NBA community seems to think so too. GL with your line movement.

I picked your warriors to win it all last year after Tony Parker got hurt and the Spurs lost in the first round. I know every player in the NBA, their precise skill set, all their strengths and weaknesses. NBA is about matchups, not line movement or some trend from 10 years ago. Get back to me when you reach that level.
    You've gotta be fvcking kidding me with this shit.
    Points Awarded:

CanuckG gave No coincidences 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

I don't think anybody feel sorry for him

tatddy

Again TMS, Jeffie et all I'm not saying you're wrong in your views I'm just providing a different (mine) point of view. Not saying either is more correct.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Again TMS, Jeffie et all I'm not saying you're wrong in your views I'm just providing a different (mine) point of view. Not saying either is more correct.
    Depends on the circumstances -- namely, one's own (as you said, until you see it or have been through it first-hand, it's hard to be so definitive).

I actually tend to agree more with TMS, but I fully understand that's because I've never been personally affected by mental illness, thankfully. Because of that, I'm not about to judge what others have seen or been through. I definitely understand where both of you are coming from, and in a lot of ways, both sides are "right."

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

you are full of shit.

disgusting.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'd like to remind everyone that JJ is broke

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...l#incart_river

So, he has brain damage and is on a ventilator to breath.....he'll either remain a veg or will die when they remove it. Sounds familar, huh?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

He's still legally married to Khloe. She could make the decision to pull the plug. Terri Schiavo all over again

First ... 2345678 ... Last