brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    So, just a little doubt in government is enough to believe that the fossil fuel industry is causing absolutely no harm to the world. That's an incredible feat in brainwashing if you ask me.
    then you should check out the ponzi scheme called global warming, opps, I mean climate change.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post

Brainwash - make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

Distrust - doubt the honesty or reliability of; regard with suspicion.

Look at both of those terms, and think deeply about which one is more truthful in my case. Not one time have I said that I'm not for cleaner energy. If there is a way to make it work where it is more affordable for Johnny Regular Guy, then I'm more for it. The two problems I have with your arguments are this.

#1 - There is nothing for me to be brainwashed about. A matter of fact, if I were brainwashed, I would just simply accept what these guys are saying by face value because they and the government all claim them to be reliable scientists. I have seen too many instances in my 47 years of existence that these guys might be able to come up with "facts", but their long term predictions are totally off base. The 47 years I have been here are a small window of the thousands, or even millions, of years the Earth has been in existence depending on what your belief system thinks. In that small window, I have seen scientific opinions change multiple times about what we are doing to the Earth, and what will happen. It's like Dick Morris. That guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat when it comes to predicting what will happen in elections. That's why you don't see the guy on TV hardly any more because his conclusions suck. These climate scientists conclusions have ranked with his over the decades. Why would I want to just blindly believe them when they have to change their theories approximately every 10 years because the last one crashed and burned?

#2 - I'm assuming that you weren't even alive, or not around too long in the 70's. If you were, I apologize in advance. Nonetheless, I know what the hell I saw when I was growing up. If I had plenty of time, I could probably find hundreds of more articles from the 70's to add to that list I provided from just 1 or 2 websites. Not saying you are, but it makes you look like the brainwashed one. You said there were no articles. I provided one. That wasn't enough. I provided several more plus an episode from a respected TV show that revealed the hysteria that was promoted for that time period. You then said that doesn't prove anything. If I provided hundreds of more articles, I guarantee you that wouldn't be enough, or you would probably try to find a way to dispute the legitimacy of that proof. Heck, last night after talking to Mrs. KLC, I remember how we would have pollution assemblies in grade school, and they would talk about the future cooling as factual. This happened, my friend. Don't be so emotional about this subject that you can just throw away any proof through rebuttal that shows differential from your core beliefs. I used to vote Republican right down the line when I was younger. I always believed that the R's were the good guys, and the D's were evil. I never researched the candidates. I thought that just because Bush 41 was Reagan's VP that he HAD to be a good president. I voted for him twice. I voted for Dole. I voted for Bush 43 twice. If I had known then what I know now, I would have voted for someone else in the Republican primary, or probably just not shown up at all for the general elections. I'd been warned for years that all the R's were not as pure as my guy, Ronald Reagan, but I kept blindly voting R. The facts were presented, but I foolishly turned the other way. After getting burned several times, I finally figured out that corruption does not discriminate just because of the letter by the name.

I'm not saying we should not look into cleaner energy. I'd be an idiot if I wasn't for something that could improve the health of not only our planet, but of us who are stewards of the Earth. My problems are these. I do not buy in to these scare tactics that these "experts" love to throw out there. If you can't be consistent in your theories, stop making Dick Morris predictions. Part of the reason that people do not believe this info is for that very reason alone. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." Fool me 4-5 times, an I'm just a complete dumbass.

The government should be out of this. $19 trillion in debt shows how well they handle these things. Before they spend money on research like this, they need to take care of the debt we have already. The bigger problem I have though is anything they touch can be tarnished. How many politicians do we send to Congress with the hopes that they will be the one that changes things, no matter what side you are on, but yet we continue to see approval ratings in the teens, or less than that? If people we see in commercials, and town hall meetings can be corrupted once they get to Washington, then yes, scientists we HAVE NEVER SEEN can be turned by the allure of a financial kickback.

Again, I'm all for cleaner energy. It makes sense, whether you believe the future predictions or not. My main thing is that it has to be affordable for Johnny Regular Guy. There has to be a balance of belief and affordability if this transition is going to take place. The majority of people are going to care less where their electricity is coming from if they don't see a difference in their monthly bills.
    You're 47 years old. That means you were born in 1968 or 1969. So, you were reading Time magazine, Newsweek, and watching "In Search Of" when you were under 10 years old. LOL.

Not only that, but you distinctly remember reading/watching them in your prepubescent years.

Umm. Bullshit.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14769

The globe will survive.
    We won't.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    The globe will survive.
    We won't.
    It's amazing. In the scheme of things, we've only been here a minute out of the billions of years the planet
    has been around and have raped it of almost every known resource. How fitting it will be when we annihilate
    ourselves.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

You're 47 years old. That means you were born in 1968 or 1969. So, you were reading Time magazine, Newsweek, and watching "In Search Of" when you were under 10 years old. LOL.

Not only that, but you distinctly remember reading/watching them in your prepubescent years.

Umm. Bullshit.
    Never said I read it then. I will admit to watching the In Search Of.. show though. Family used to watch it at 5:00 every Saturday evening back when we only had 5 channels. You demanded proof that it existed, and I gave it to you. I did read Reader's Digest and Sports Illustrated quite a bit in the late 70's. We didn't have the entertainment then,that you younger folk have today.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

I've been hearing the same crap since the 70's when I was a kid
    You're not being honest.

Yes. I believe you watched "In Search Of" when you were 7 years old and remember every bit of that specific episode. Sure.

I'm sure you were an avid reader of Reader's Digest when you were in (at most) fourth grade.

Give me a break.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

You're not being honest.

Yes. I believe you watched "In Search Of" when you were 7 years old and remember every bit of that specific episode. Sure.

Give me a break.
    You're just a young man trying to pick a fight now. I did watch that episode actually when I was 9, but there's no use in saying anything if we are now reduced to arguing about my childhood. God bless.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

You're just a young man trying to pick a fight now. I did watch that episode actually when I was 9, but there's no use in saying anything if we are now reduced to arguing about my childhood. God bless.
    I was born in 1974, but by all means, keep making assumptions.

Yes, you were the smartest child ever in the history of mankind. While everyone else was playing with their X-wings and Barbies, you were tackling climate change documentaries and memorizing the encyclopedia. LOL.

Entirely believable. Even more believable that you remember every episode of every television program you watched when you were that age. Seriously, Doogie Howser. Seriously.
    Last edited by MonkeyF0cker; 01-28-16 at 04:00 PM.

brooks85

Yes, you were the smartest child ever in the history of mankind. While everyone else was playing with their X-wings and Barbies, you were tackling climate change documentaries and memorizing the encyclopedia. LOL.

Entirely believable. Seriously.
    well you did just quote a nobel prize winner in a field that doesn't serve an award because it isn't a science.... so is that foot tasting good yet?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Entirely believable. Even more believable that you remember every episode of every television program you watched when you were that age. Seriously, Doogie Howser. Seriously.
    God bless.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    well you did just quote a nobel prize winner in a field that doesn't serve an award...
    Huh?

brooks85

my fault, mixed you up with another poster. The fool quoted a nobel prize winner in economics lol as if it meant something.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

I never quoted anyone, brooks. No clue what you're talking about.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18950

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Just picturing the incredible Barbie collection that money focker must have!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Name:  boy-playing-barbie-150x150.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  7.1 KB

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Sanders' war chest continues to grow, 20 million raised in the month of January.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8522

Mirrapro
    Mirrapro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    exactly what I expected.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Not intelligent like Trump supporters.
    (Insert video here)

DwightShrute

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Not intelligent like Trump supporters.
    (Insert video here)

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    It's amazing. In the scheme of things, we've only been here a minute out of the billions of years the planet
    has been around and have raped it of almost every known resource. How fitting it will be when we annihilate
    ourselves.
    You can do us all a favor by annihilating yourself right now. One less stupid Liberal to have to listen to.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Bernie is finished after New Hampshire. Just who is going to vote for him in any Southern State? Hillary will get all of the black votes. Her hubby is considered to have been the first black president of this country. He will be in every black church in the South getting the black vote out for Hillary. Sanders will be lucky to make it out alive if he is stupid enough to campaign in the South. So Hillary wins the South, New York, Pennsylvania (where she is way ahead) and Bernie is finished. Only a blind man or a total fool cannot see this.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18950

I bet they can't define capitalism either. Nor can the bitch from CNN or most Americans.

DwightShrute

[IMG]https://*********************************/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12645174_955066574528715_384418824745414 341_n.jpg?oh=b5f2d7f79a610c77f97e93600da 85401&oe=57249C41[/IMG]

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Bernie is finished after New Hampshire. Just who is going to vote for him in any Southern State? Hillary will get all of the black votes. Her hubby is considered to have been the first black president of this country. He will be in every black church in the South getting the black vote out for Hillary. Sanders will be lucky to make it out alive if he is stupid enough to campaign in the South. So Hillary wins the South, New York, Pennsylvania (where she is way ahead) and Bernie is finished. Only a blind man or a total fool cannot see this.
    I dont think he will be campaigning as much for her as he would say 10 years ago. Bill almost lost a shell of himself, he's aged and doesnt look so sharp, if Bernie loses which he more than likely will, it will be because it didnt take out all stops, didnt go after her hard enough, not playing the "game". Here you have Bernie a guy who doesnt have many skeletons in the closet vs Hillary who has rotten bones and maggots from the last 35 years.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

FF to the 2:18 mark and this doesn't give me much hope in the Bernie voters.

DwightShrute

[IMG]https://*********************************/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12662044_1027021204037154_15341811818547 01596_n.jpg?oh=648c86229da6e4d9ecde97a21 dc4989b&oe=572AFC48[/IMG]

DwightShrute

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darrell74

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

6 straight flips....Microsoft app failing in only the closely contested precincts and allowed for call in hand counts ...sure happens all the time

jtoler

1.6% chance for that to happen, wouldnt be the first time such was stolen. Peaceful Bernie tolls along as if nothing happened.

DwightShrute

DwightShrute

First ... 34353637383940 ... Last