stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Here we go again, Nash on his HIGH HORSE lecturing us. Just like you defended the Pats who never cheated. Petite was a great player BUT he did ROIDS with ROGER for years. He gets a pass though because he is a good Christian man and admitted it but never told the whole truth. Many people are so gullible and believe what they want when it comes to sports and athletes. He cheated like many others and only got caught because of Clemens and agree his jersey should not be retired.
    leave it at that and come back at me all you want but not arguing over our different moral beliefs.
    Nobody is lecturing anyone, he admitted to using the steroids, I acknowledged it was a mistake, you claim he was a habitual steroid user, and it's pretty much been proven he was not, but he did use them when he was on the DL.
    He used them in 2002 and in 2004, both times while recovering.
    He did steroids with Clemens for years?
    When? Examples please.
    I can say I banged Carrie Underwood dozens of times until she barked like a dog.
    Because I said so on the internet makes it true?

Did I really defend the Pats?
    I said there was no evidence that Brady, or Bill, or anyone else wasa involved.
    Until there is 100 percent proof, how can you say he or she or they or it is guilty.
    Seems like you are on the high horse with your "oh, there was spygate, so they must have done this too"
    You are rush to judgement guy. Fine juror you would make.

Umm, what part of I don't think Pettitte should me honored with Ruth and Joe D and Gehrig did you miss Boomer?
    Or are you cherry picking what you want to read, selective reading much pal?

I could go on slick, but i think I made my point.

stevenash

I choose to take Pettitte at his word here, if you choose to say he's lying, than fine, doesn't make a difference to me one bit.

Feb. 18, 2008: Pettitte holds a press conference at the Yankees’ spring training complex in Tampa to apologize for using HGH. He claims that McNamee had told him that growth hormone could help him recover from an elbow injury but tried to dissuade him from using it. “I didn’t do it to try to get an edge on anyone,” Pettitte says. “I didn’t do it to try to get stronger, or faster or throw harder.”

Here's the entire timeline.
    Nat Vinton is one the finest investigative reporter in the business.
    He has no dog in this fight one way or another.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/pettitte-timeline-clemens-peds-part-andy-story-article-1.1462534

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

You are funny. You to Benny : you think your shit don't stink,YOU THINK YOUR OPINION IS THE END ALL, and your opinion is your opinion ,and is the correct one, and if somebody else thinks else wise,YOU GO OFF!
    you spend so much time trying TO PROVE YOUR CASE AND THAT YOU ARE RIGHT.
    They say the things we dislike in others is the things WE DISLIKE ABOUT OURSELVES.
    Mr. SELF RIGHTEOUS. and don't call me slick mr. ARROGANT I bet you are SHORT and suffer from NAPOLEON COMPLEX. PEACE BRO

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Anyone ever take a good look at some of Pettitte's playoff games? Guy was hitting corners masterfully. Guy was extremely untouchable. Fukking guy cheated. And it tarnished him. Doesn't deserve to be in any hall of fame. It goes for anyone during the steroid era.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    You are funny. You to Benny : you think your shit don't stink,YOU THINK YOUR OPINION IS THE END ALL, and your opinion is your opinion ,and is the correct one, and if somebody else thinks else wise,YOU GO OFF!
    you spend so much time trying TO PROVE YOUR CASE AND THAT YOU ARE RIGHT.
    They say the things we dislike in others is the things WE DISLIKE ABOUT OURSELVES.
    Mr. SELF RIGHTEOUS. and don't call me slick mr. ARROGANT I bet you are SHORT and suffer from NAPOLEON COMPLEX. PEACE BRO
    Whatever slick.
    I'm 5'9" 185 lbs.
    I don't have anything to prove slick, I am what I am.
    I know who I am, do you?
    If you think I'm an asshole, makes no difference to me.

Peace to you too slick.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Anyone ever take a good look at some of Pettitte's playoff games? Guy was hitting corners masterfully. Guy was extremely untouchable. Fukking guy cheated. And it tarnished him. Doesn't deserve to be in any hall of fame. It goes for anyone during the steroid era.
    Didn't say he belongs in the Hall, not even saying he belongs on the Yankee outfield wall of honor or whatever you want to call it.
    He used HGH to help an injury.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

boomer a hater

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

nasher and benny different styles but both good guys. As far as Pettite, I had actually forgotten about the steroid use until this thread.

sandos139
    The Miami Connection
    sandos139's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    Wow Benny.. This is the dumbest thread i've read all year.

Pettite deserves the monument and there's nothing you can do about it.

suck it up and deal with it
    Exactly

First 12