BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Yankees about to Embarrass themselves retiring Pettitte's number

Kinda disgusting IMO
    How does this guy get so much love and appreciation when he was the same guy taking all those shots in the ass next to his buddy Clemens in those locker rooms?
    Just because he got caught and admitted it he gets a pass while they torture every other player who did it?
    Very hypocritical move here by the Yanks and they should be ashamed of themselves.
    His career isn't even worthy of it to begin with. He was an average pitcher on a team who scored 10 runs a game for him his whole career.
    Very puzzling and baffling move here.
    If you're gonna retire his number, there's about 30 other numbers to retire on that team.
    Guess it's not too big a deal, who the fukk is gonna ask for #46 anyways?

Yanks are a stand up franchise and usually do the right things in MLB, but this is a disgrace and a really classless move.

BennyBigNuts

Sorry about being in tennis section, will contact SBR to move to PT

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone linked to steroids should not be honored with anything

All that stuff a joke now

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33762

The yankees should retire bernie williams number before andy pettitte`s

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3244

Never liked the Yankees,respect the history with Gehrig and Ruth. But don't respect the Organization as a whole.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Benny i need your pre-season world series pick.

also what team win totals do u like this season?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Was in high school at the gym watching him pitch against someone...maybe the Braves...and some guy goes "damn, that pitcher has a big ass". So his entire career I always thought of Andy Pettitte's ass when he pitched

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The eyes of a Goat.......... not the greatest, but an actual goat, ie, the farm animal

Last edited by Auto Donk; 02-16-15 at 01:24 PM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Was in high school at the gym watching him pitch against someone...maybe the Braves...and some guy goes "damn, that pitcher has a big ass". So his entire career I always thought of Andy Pettitte's ass when he pitched
    sad news is, despite what some of those religious right nut-jobs profess, there is no cure for those thoughts......

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Andy Petitte is not a real man. He is a snitch and a coward.

Andy Petitte threw his friend and teammate Roger Clemens under the bus.

For that Andy Petitte cannot call himself a man.

he is back stabber.

Fukk him.

jjgold

The Yankee franchises in big trouble and they need anything to try draw attention

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The Yankee franchises in big trouble and they need anything to try draw attention
    i think they will be better this year than last year JJ.

IMO if they stay healthy they can win the division.
    Actually i think pretty much every team in that division is capable of winning.

86 wins is probably good enough to win the AL East.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Andy Petitte is not a real man. He is a snitch and a coward.

Andy Petitte threw his friend and teammate Roger Clemens under the bus.

For that Andy Petitte cannot call himself a man.

he is back stabber.

Fukk him.
    Maybe you should understand all the facts before you label the guy a snitch and put yourself in his shoes first. Andy Pettitte received a subpoena to testify in Federal Court at Clemens perjury trial. He either answered the mail or went to Federal Prison..of course you would of went to prison? He testified in federal court that he had used human growth hormone and that his friend Roger Clemens had admitted using the performance-enhancing drug, too. “Roger had mentioned to me that he had taken H.G.H. and that it could help with recovery,” Pettitte said. “You know, that’s all I really remember about the conversation.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/02/sp...anted=all&_r=0

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Maybe you should understand all the facts before you label the guy a snitch and put yourself in his shoes first. Andy Pettitte received a subpoena to testify in Federal Court at Clemens perjury trial. He either answered the mail or went to Federal Prison..of course you would of went to prison? He testified in federal court that he had used human growth hormone and that his friend Roger Clemens had admitted using the performance-enhancing drug, too. “Roger had mentioned to me that he had taken H.G.H. and that it could help with recovery,” Pettitte said. “You know, that’s all I really remember about the conversation.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/02/sp...anted=all&_r=0

Big Bear is an OG
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MickeyMan

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

Petitte a yanks legend. Big game Andy. He bailed them out many times. He got zero run support in the playoffs.

He deserves it.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

When you think of all of the ass clowns who've claimed to be Yankees...there are only a small group of home grown true Yankees like Jeter, Mariano, Jorge Posada , Andy, and Bernie Williams. The guy faced the music and admitted to what he did unlike many other cowards in baseball who hid behind the blind drug test in the early 2000's that had 104 top players on it...so to nail this guy when all the other clowns go unchecked is kind of a joke

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree... for some odd reason... I keep on forgetting Pettitte was involved during the steroid scandal. He had some AMAZING performances... truly looked unhittable at times. Makes you wonder how long he was on roids for.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    The eyes of a Goat.......... not the greatest, but an actual goat, ie, the farm animal

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33754

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Kinda disgusting IMO
    How does this guy get so much love and appreciation when he was the same guy taking all those shots in the ass next to his buddy Clemens in those locker rooms?
    Just because he got caught and admitted it he gets a pass while they torture every other player who did it?
    Very hypocritical move here by the Yanks and they should be ashamed of themselves.
    His career isn't even worthy of it to begin with. He was an average pitcher on a team who scored 10 runs a game for him his whole career.
    Very puzzling and baffling move here.
    If you're gonna retire his number, there's about 30 other numbers to retire on that team.
    Guess it's not too big a deal, who the fukk is gonna ask for #46 anyways?

Yanks are a stand up franchise and usually do the right things in MLB, but this is a disgrace and a really classless move.
    You are clueless, you have no idea what you are talking about.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You are clueless, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Shut up you stupid fuk
    I know you jerk your little pee-pee to the yankees and want to suck him off
    Career era of almost 4, don't bother with your worthless bias blabber about how great he was
    He cheated like the rest of em

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Wow Benny.. This is the dumbest thread i've read all year.

Pettite deserves the monument and there's nothing you can do about it.

suck it up and deal with it

ZetaPsi808

As a Yankee fan I loved when he pitched in the playoffs.

He helped them win so many rings.. Just wonderful man!

jjgold

He was a great big game pitcher although he was loaded with steroids all those times

He did not just use once

Yankees one all those titles because of one man..Mariano Rivera

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He was a great big game pitcher although he was loaded with steroids all those times

He did not just use once

Yankees one all those titles because of one man..George Steinbrenner

Fixed

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Shut up you stupid fuk
    I know you jerk your little pee-pee to the yankees and want to suck him off
    Career era of almost 4, don't bother with your worthless bias blabber about how great he was
    He cheated like the rest of em
    Nobody is talking about counting numbers you dope.
    I'm not talking about ERA's and WH/IP's, and Pettitte was not one of my favorite Yankees of that group.
    My guys were the players nobody talks about.

Pettitte was injected steroids, yes.
    This is where the argument ends.
    Unlike Bonds (and I don't want to hear it was never proven), and Sosa and the rest, Andy was on the DL when the doctor gave him steroids. He took them for medical reasons, not to gain an edge on the mound.
    He took them when he was hurt, he never took them after he healed, he admitted he used steroids, and it was explained why.
    He acknowledged he took them, took the punches from the haters, and went about his business.
    Pettitte was never to be known as a drinker, a gambler, a trouble maker, never was involved in some gun crime, pretty much a model citizen.

A cheat is one who uses illegal substances, like HGH, steroids, whatever, on a regular basis to gain an advantage on the mound.
    I, and othe level headed people give Pettitte a break for using a banned substance for medical reasons to help the healing process.
    This is what we call a mistake.

The other cheats, this is what we pretty much call a crime.

Now, you might be shocked to hear this, while Andy had a sound career, he belongs in the Hall of "Pretty Good"
    He did not get the job done in Arizona when there was a lot of money in the middle of the poker table, his numbers were a little high, like you said, etc. etc. and does not deserve a Yankee plaque.
    And neither does Posada, and Bernie.
    #51, #20, and #46 does not equal #3, #4, and #5.
    It cheapens what Ruth, and Gehrig and Joe D did.
    Those three are immortals, Bernie and Andy and the rest were instumental in all those championships, but do not merit special honor.

If you include those three, you must include Scott Brosisus, who had more clutch hits than all of them not named Matsui.
    The guys (my guys) never mentioned were equally important, if not more important were Tino, O'Neill, Brosius, and Matsui, you can even throw in Mussina, without Mussina coming in middle relief in the third inning and matching Pedro pitch for pitch and bailing out Clemens (yes, he was a cheat) in game 7 against Boston in 2003, Yanks never advance.
    What Moose did that game is almost as equal to what Mad-Bum did in game 7.

Here's your problem Benny, you seem likeable enough, but you have that e-swagger that pisses a lot of people off.
    You think your shit don't stink, you think your opinion is the end all, be all, and your opinion is the only opinion, and is the correct one, and if somebody else thinks othewise, you go off.

Bottom line is you are a good handicapper, not as good as you think, but then why should I get all worked up over somebody who said statistics and math don't belong in baseball handicapping, and a guy who once labeled Joe Torre and "trust fund baby"
    That one is an all time Benny classic, in a long list of ignorant Benny classics.

Carry on slick.

ZetaPsi808

Nasher ended thread

Salud

stevenash

^
    Thanks.
    It's who I am, it's what I do.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3244

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    When you think of all of the ass clowns who've claimed to be Yankees...there are only a small group of home grown true Yankees like Jeter, Mariano, Jorge Posada , Andy, and Bernie Williams. The guy faced the music and admitted to what he did unlike many other cowards in baseball who hid behind the blind drug test in the early 2000's that had 104 top players on it...so to nail this guy when all the other clowns go unchecked is kind of a joke
    Only true blue Yank for me was the Iron Horse how many of the other Yank legends were born and raised in NY.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 02-17-15 at 11:02 AM.

lakerboy

i mean why would the yanks want to enshrine a guy like pettitte who has won more playoff games than any other pitcher ever.

he alos only has more reg season wins than

jack morris
    juan marichal
    whitey ford
    catfish hunter
    pedro martinez

guy was awful

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I love how Pettite claimed to only do steroids one time. Yea, okay buddy.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I love how Pettite claimed to only do steroids one time. Yea, okay buddy.
    bill clinton just inhaled once as well bro

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    bill clinton just inhaled once as well bro

Lol. I don't really care either way. The Yankees have enshrined so many guys over the years, what difference does it make anymore?

Bernie Williams was a great hitter in his prime.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Nobody is talking about counting numbers you dope.
    I'm not talking about ERA's and WH/IP's, and Pettitte was not one of my favorite Yankees of that group.
    My guys were the players nobody talks about.

Pettitte was injected steroids, yes.
    This is where the argument ends.
    Unlike Bonds (and I don't want to hear it was never proven), and Sosa and the rest, Andy was on the DL when the doctor gave him steroids. He took them for medical reasons, not to gain an edge on the mound.
    He took them when he was hurt, he never took them after he healed, he admitted he used steroids, and it was explained why.
    He acknowledged he took them, took the punches from the haters, and went about his business.
    Pettitte was never to be known as a drinker, a gambler, a trouble maker, never was involved in some gun crime, pretty much a model citizen.

A cheat is one who uses illegal substances, like HGH, steroids, whatever, on a regular basis to gain an advantage on the mound.
    I, and othe level headed people give Pettitte a break for using a banned substance for medical reasons to help the healing process.
    This is what we call a mistake.

The other cheats, this is what we pretty much call a crime.

Now, you might be shocked to hear this, while Andy had a sound career, he belongs in the Hall of "Pretty Good"
    He did not get the job done in Arizona when there was a lot of money in the middle of the poker table, his numbers were a little high, like you said, etc. etc. and does not deserve a Yankee plaque.
    And neither does Posada, and Bernie.
    #51, #20, and #46 does not equal #3, #4, and #5.
    It cheapens what Ruth, and Gehrig and Joe D did.
    Those three are immortals, Bernie and Andy and the rest were instumental in all those championships, but do not merit special honor.

If you include those three, you must include Scott Brosisus, who had more clutch hits than all of them not named Matsui.
    The guys (my guys) never mentioned were equally important, if not more important were Tino, O'Neill, Brosius, and Matsui, you can even throw in Mussina, without Mussina coming in middle relief in the third inning and matching Pedro pitch for pitch and bailing out Clemens (yes, he was a cheat) in game 7 against Boston in 2003, Yanks never advance.
    What Moose did that game is almost as equal to what Mad-Bum did in game 7.

Here's your problem Benny, you seem likeable enough, but you have that e-swagger that pisses a lot of people off.
    You think your shit don't stink, you think your opinion is the end all, be all, and your opinion is the only opinion, and is the correct one, and if somebody else thinks othewise, you go off.

Bottom line is you are a good handicapper, not as good as you think, but then why should I get all worked up over somebody who said statistics and math don't belong in baseball handicapping, and a guy who once labeled Joe Torre and "trust fund baby"
    That one is an all time Benny classic, in a long list of ignorant Benny classics.

Carry on slick.
    Here we go again, Nash on his HIGH HORSE lecturing us. Just like you defended the Pats who never cheated. Petite was a great player BUT he did ROIDS with ROGER for years. He gets a pass though because he is a good Christian man and admitted it but never told the whole truth. Many people are so gullible and believe what they want when it comes to sports and athletes. He cheated like many others and only got caught because of Clemens and agree his jersey should not be retired.
    leave it at that and come back at me all you want but not arguing over our different moral beliefs.

jjgold

The subject starting to gather more and more attention although let's not forget Petite was a very well liked Yankee so He will get free pass

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't agree with it because he was never that amazing....I actually do believe he did the HGH for his elbow injury, but I've never been big on the whole steroids thing....So many guys are dirty and never got caught

Would like to see if David Ortiz gets his number retired by Boston....Somehow he gets a pass with the media even though he's an obvious juicer that was on that first list

12 Last