smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I wonder what it would pay if you took them on the ML every game while betting all your winnings each round?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I mean, if you have the option of betting the field... You'd be crazy not to take it right?

RIGHT?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

^
    I got a hunddy on the field, 6 weeks ago when I posted this, and still not concerned.

A second ranked field goal shooting team in the nation, a team that hits over 50 percent from the field, a sharpshooting team that scores almost 80 a game, out of a power conference, with a winning record against top 25's and top 50's.......

I dislike everything Notre Dame, but that's a team built to beat a Kentucky team.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    I got a hunddy on the field, 6 weeks ago when I posted this, and still not concerned.

A second ranked field goal shooting team in the nation, a team that hits over 50 percent from the field, a sharpshooting team that scores almost 80 a game, out of a power conference, with a winning record against top 25's and top 50's.......

I dislike everything Notre Dame, but that's a team built to beat a Kentucky team.
    Notre Dame would not have a prayer. Kentucky would have a significant height/low post/rebounding advantage. They would get so many offensive rebounds it wouldn't matter.

stevenash

^
    ND is the only shooting team that can beat them.
    It's my opinion, and I know it's not a popular one.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Kentucky wins only dumb penetrates think otherwise. I am sure their arguments against are awesome, but dumb founded

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Anything can happen, but there is not a team in the nation they dont have a clear advantage over.

Duke is probably the best chance to beat them, but they have 0 depth.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shirts View Post
    Kentucky wins only dumb penetrates think otherwise. I am sure their arguments against are awesome, but dumb founded
    the real question should be can any team cover the point against Kentucky??

this team should be forced to play in the NBA. They are too damn good for this weak ass competition they face.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

They will lose because Calipari will choke it for them, I like Villanova to win it all
    I think its a good play
    The way to beat Kentucky is you gotta have a good point guard.
    They could get beat by a team like West Virginia,just don't turn the ball over.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by xdodger19 View Post
    They will lose because Calipari will choke it for them, I like Villanova to win it all
    I think its a good play
    yeah "if" you dont turn the ball over.

I guess Wisconsin could beat them if they shot lights out from 3 point land , didnt turn the ball over, and slowed the game down to a snails pace.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by xdodger19 View Post
    I think its a good play
    wvu? you out of your rapid ass mind.. all ya gotta do against wvu is rebound and presto their offense is trash. other side all ya do is break the press and it essentially a layup drill after that.. they aint out rebounding uk and the press wont do much more than lead to a bunch of alley oops..

nova would have to be stupid hot from deep, unlike most nova teams i do like this one to make it much further. end of the day they just dont have any size and ya gotta have a little bit to negate uk down low at least somewhat. ochefu only got over 6'7 just aint gonna cut it i dont think..

ive thought all year zags could do it,, not gonna let the byu joke change my mind. they have such a good offense they hard to stop and they have size but unique size in wiltjer who is a impossible matchup for anyone..

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Normally I would be all over the field bet, but I don't see more than 5 teams that have a shot in the tourney against Kentucky. I don't think you need to shoot the 3 lights out against them, as much as you need to get back on D and slow the game down. Make them beat you in the half-court and at the FT line. Have to have size though as well to make it difficult for them to score, and force tougher shots. I don't think Wisconsin has a chance myself. Kentucky would be too big for the white boys and able to guard the perimeter.

Really doubt anyone beats them, it's a down year for CBB to me. I think Duke could have a shot because Coack K, and their bigs but not enough depth. They would be the team who could at least slow them down, and surround the perimeter with shooters so that a lights out shooting night would take Kentucky down. Virginia would be the defensive team to really slow the game down and make them work. Still not sure if they could shoot well enough, or have enough offense in general to win but those would be the two with the best shot IMO. Iowa State another with a legitimate shot in my mind, can't really think of anyone else. Nova would get worked, the Zags no. Zona maybe. Duke/Virginia/Iowa State/Zona only teams I give a shot to beat them.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Yeah it just so happens to be a down year for college basketball and this is probably the best kentucky team ever

2daBank

the fact you put isu in that category just speaks to how horribly overrated that team is this yr. maybe if they played the gm @ ames isu could score enough to hang around. there no fukkin way they have a better shot against uk than the zags who actually have interior players, size, smarts, and bring a lot more defense than isu ever even thought about playing. not to mention isu is dumb, they aint slowing uk down into a half court gm, they gonna be getting highlight reel dunked on after every trip they take a jumper with 30 seconds left on the shot clock..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

who can clip them??

Duke, Virginia????

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Kentucky will be -200 by the time tourney starts. -110 was a steal in January.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    who can clip them??

Duke, Virginia????
    Duke would get destroyed by UK. Okafor is NOT a good defender and can't play in last 3 minutes of games cuz he can't throw a bball in the ocean from the free throw line.

Virginia (healthy) could beat UK.

Gonzaga or Villanova could def beat UK.

If certain offensive teams get hot, like Indiana, Wisconsin, SMU, LSU, Notre Dame, or a KU rematch, could topple the giant.

Calipari said his goal is to get 8 of these guys into the NBA - not to explicitly win an NCAA Championship.

Inexperience could take UK down. Their best shooters are freshmen, the twins are inconsistent.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Don't see anyone doing it. Wisconsin is my favorite to do it though if anyone does. Everyone in their rotation can hit 3s...

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Don't see anyone doing it. Wisconsin is my favorite to do it though if anyone does. Everyone in their rotation can hit 3s...
    Virginia, ND, Wisky

stevenash

NCAA Basketball - National Champion
    Thu 3/19 28001 Kentucky wins NCAA Champ -105
    12:00PM 28002 Field wins NCAA Championship -115
    Kentucky Wildcats NCAA Tournament Propositions - March 19 thru April 6
    Thu 3/19 28951 UK never trails in any game +2000
    12:00PM 28952 UK behind in any time at any time -6000
    Thu 3/19 28953 UK never trails in 2nd half in any game +450
    12:00PM 28954 UK behind in 2nd half of any game -750
    Thu 3/19 28955 UK leads every game at halftime +250
    12:00PM 28956 UK tied/behind in any game at halftime -350
    Thu 3/19 28957 UK wins all six games by 10 or more pts +600
    12:00PM 28958 Any other result -1200
    Thu 3/19 28959 UK loses a game by 5 or more points +250
    12:00PM 28960 Any other result -350
    ESPN.com play-by-play logs used for grading, includes overtime
    Thu 3/19 28971 Total time UK trails over 25 minutes -130
    12:00PM 28972 Total time UK trails under 25 minutes -110
    NCAA Basketball - ESPN Tournament Challenge 2015
    Thu 3/19 28991 Anyone on ESPN.com has a perfect bracket +5000
    12:00PM 28992 No one on ESPN.com has a perfect bracket -20000
    Women's NCAA Basketball Champion
    Fri 3/20 30001 Connecticut Women win NCAA Champ -475
    11:00AM 30002 Field wins Women's Basketball NCAA Champ +325

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Steven, Arizona gonna crush this year

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

UK leads every game at halftime

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Steven, Arizona gonna crush this year
    D'Backs or 'Cats?

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

-105 feels like a steal.

minimum nice hedging opportunity in the final 4

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

It is going to take kentucky playing bad and another team shooting lights out for UK to fall

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Kentucky won too many close calls against sub standard SEC teams. Like Florida St. in football, that luck will run out against a high quality team. Somebody will have their number.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

hard not to take the field here. hedge in the final if it comes down to it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

if this is so easy and such a foregone conclusion, why is it a flip

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

WTF would bet even money on any team to win it ALL in this tournament?
    Do some out there have no sense of history with this tournament? The giants get slayed and opinions change in hindsight. An EVEN money bet FFS!!!! Pass on this if you are extremely confident that they will win it all anyway, jsut a stupid stand to take for nothing odds! I feel like there are 6 teams that could bring them down and of course it starts with Ky not playing at their best. Maryland, NDame and WichSt are all in that region. WichSt is a bit of a stretch but remember what it took for Ky to beat them last year. Granted, they do not have Early this year, and really could use him here, but Shockers took them to the edge in a fantastic contest. Maryland is schizoid and who knows if they've fired their best shot. If ND repeats last performance they can outscore anyone.

Ariz and Duke can beat them with their A game vs. Ky's B or C game. A couple of sleepers are Gonzaga and Villanova. If both are good enough to get to Final game that means they were always better than we all realized and that alone gives them a good shot. Top seeds with NO chance are kansas, Virg, OKla, Baylor and all the rest. After seeing Wisc today I wouldn't rule them out either. Like WichSt they took them to the limit last year. And finally who is to say that there won't be another George Mason type that nobody saw coming...DON"T BET ON KY AT EVEN MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    hard not to take the field here. hedge in the final if it comes down to it.
    please explain how u can hedge in the final when kentucky is gonna b favored by 5+ no matter who they would b playing in the final

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    if this is so easy and such a foregone conclusion, why is it a flip
    because this sets up like almost for sure they face zona/wiscy winner in final four which would be a great championship gm, then if zags can get there asses thru early and get themselves to the sweet 16 then all a sudden imo after uk beats prob zona maybe wiscy. they will be facing i believe zags but either way it be the team that makes it thru between duke/zags to play nova (outside shot a different team here) so beating zona/wiscy winner then facing i think zags and they would be a great matchup (long as they can get thru the round of 32 vs iowa). . basketball gods willing uk is in a fight for there life with shockers in a bit of reverse da ja vu. guards win in the tourney so i think they can make it even with another committee fukk job (them/nd would be fun gm). uk wins but you know damn well it would be a fight, the size be too much in the end but that a mf'in gauntlet of a at least 2 teams and potentially 3..

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Such an easy road to the final 4

To me it makes sense to play this, then bet against them in the final 4 and championship game, and a good chance to win all the bets as they will be giving 6-9 points most likely.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Such an easy road to the final 4

To me it makes sense to play this, then bet against them in the final 4 and championship game, and a good chance to win all the bets as they will be giving 6-9 points most likely.
    im debating a big bet on it then hedging with the opponent ml in final 4 and championship game, i c no way they lose before the final 4, and likely get +400 or so in final 4 game and +300 or better in final game

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    because this sets up like almost for sure they face zona/wiscy winner in final four which would be a great championship gm, then if zags can get there asses thru early and get themselves to the sweet 16 then all a sudden imo after uk beats prob zona maybe wiscy. they will be facing i believe zags but either way it be the team that makes it thru between duke/zags to play nova (outside shot a different team here) so beating zona/wiscy winner then facing i think zags and they would be a great matchup (long as they can get thru the round of 32 vs iowa). . basketball gods willing uk is in a fight for there life with shockers in a bit of reverse da ja vu. guards win in the tourney so i think they can make it even with another committee fukk job (them/nd would be fun gm). uk wins but you know damn well it would be a fight, the size be too much in the end but that a mf'in gauntlet of a at least 2 teams and potentially 3..
    I highly doubt UK is gonna be fighting against a team that has nobody over 6'7 making meaningful contributions down low. I know you said the size will prevail in the end but Kentucky would smoke them. Ron Baker and Van Fleet don't face anywhere near the caliber of guards and athleticism that Kentucky possesses. Zags wouldnt be a great matchup..why do you make these ridiculous claims that these schools are good "matchups" with Kentucky? Zags playing the likes of Santa Clara and San Francisco the last couple months those big guys are going to shit their pants when they're playing a team with 7 NBA players. Yeah Karnowski is mammouth but also slow as hell and will get roasted. Pangos & Wiltjer will get destroyed on defense too. Honestly I'm not making any groundbreaking claims but there's not a chance in hell Kentucky doesnt beat Either of these teams by double digits.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

WVU will beat them just like they beat the Wall/Cousins/Paterson team.

First 123 Last