2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    I highly doubt UK is gonna be fighting against a team that has nobody over 6'7 making meaningful contributions down low. I know you said the size will prevail in the end but Kentucky would smoke them. Ron Baker and Van Fleet don't face anywhere near the caliber of guards and athleticism that Kentucky possesses. Zags wouldnt be a great matchup..why do you make these ridiculous claims that these schools are good "matchups" with Kentucky? Zags playing the likes of Santa Clara and San Francisco the last couple months those big guys are going to shit their pants when they're playing a team with 7 NBA players. Yeah Karnowski is mammouth but also slow as hell and will get roasted. Pangos & Wiltjer will get destroyed on defense too. Honestly I'm not making any groundbreaking claims but there's not a chance in hell Kentucky doesnt beat Either of these teams by double digits.
    i quit after you told me uk would smoke them,, i vehemently beg to differ. why the hell would uk beat these teams by the same type number they were favored against the likes of lsu, uga, ark, ol miss, not covering several of those or beng very close? please those teams like ranked in kp 30s-40s for the "strong" sec teams,, it pretty amazing you telling me that shockers, zags, duke, wiscy, (dont know your thoughts on zona) are gonna get beat by the same type number as the sec teams i mentioned..

shockers aint no punks and would slow the gm to a crawl. the guards took uk to the wire last year, obviously uk has gotten better and shockers have lost size but their coach knows what he doing and i think they figure out a way to play zone and help down low, offensive boards be the death of them but i think you really mistaken if you dont think shockers can keep it within 10 when uga had them on the ropes.. look i think uk wins it all but you greatly mistaken if zags chances of beating them isnt as good as zonas. bottom line is uk the fav against them all, hopefully they laying all the points yo think they should against shockers (if they make it) cause ill happily collect with the cover and have uk in a running ml parlay. that will continue with what maybe a 4-7 point spread against zona so that ml help the open parlay. then hell i might try closing it taking the points with the zags, really hope line as high as you implying, i doubt it tho as if they make it that far ill trust they in form and have the kind of gm that i think can and will compete with uk, but most likely lose.

aint no one saying uk gonna lose, if one of these teams gets them playing off and they doing whatever it is they each do best but there no way i dont see uk playing these teams to win it all and they wont be easy.. zags proved in the non conf they capable of playing with anyone in several locations. yes their conf weak and that what makes them more susceptible to slipping early as they have to ratchet it up after facing softies the last 2 months and not having to work real hard (i think that why they do that once a year gm with mem during conf play, not their fault mem has fallen off). if zags make it thru 1st weekend then they will be back into playing tough teams form i believe. .. maybe you right and im totally wrong. has happened plenty so i guess we shall see..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 03-16-15 at 12:35 AM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Kentucky will be -200 by the time tourney starts. -110 was a steal in January.
    It's still -110.

Kentucky goes down in the elite 8 to ND.
    And I'm on record 6 weeks ago saying I think ND can off Kentucky.

ND will waylay Northeastern in the opener, then beat Butler to advance to the second weekend.
    Kansas is in the bottom part of that bracket is overrated, and got a lucky draw, they'll whip NM State, and might have a hard time with Wichita State.
    If it's ND versus Kansas, Irish will smoke them.

Kentucky will sleepwalk past Manhattan, the winner of Cincy/Purdue.
    Maryland might give them a game, but from where I sit, the shocker comes in the elite 8.

Brays boys will be the team that takes down Kentucky.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I hope you guys are right. I just don't see Kentucky losing unless a team goes off at the 3 and gets every bounce.

stevenash

^
    Who knows?
    I'm not disrespecting this Kentucky team at all, but what I am saying is they are not Wooden's UCLA superteams, they aren't Bobby Knight's super Indiana team, I don't even think they are Tark's UNLV teams of the early 90's.

What Kentucky is is an outstanding/excellent team that whooped up on a (looking at it with a level head) a pretty crappy SEC league this year.

Arky and LSU were the runnerups this season to Ky.
    Think about that.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Kentucky is overrated, easy schedule...but not many good teams out there.

I can't even name one player on their team that's how average they are.
    They love choking in tourneys especially when games get tight..

Field is always a good bet....

I might take Kentucky just for spite in some team parlay

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

kentucky hasnt beaten (or played for that matter) 1 team that will be in the elite 8 more than likely. they were on the ropes enough against a mediocre schedule enough for me to think that they are beatable, pinnacle has them to win it +129 now

tractortrailer
    tractortrailer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Good luck with whoever you take in the tourney. I dont care about any one team winning it all. The important thing is your picks against the spread & the money you make. Right?

miamiken
    miamiken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

lol...I can't stop laughing at you guys.....I mean seriously??????? At least be real.... UK is overrated...lol Sure they are....I mean after all they didn't lose at Rutgers like Wisconsin did....or get blown out at home by Miami like Duke....or lose at home to BYU like Gonzaga....but I guess that's because UK didn't play those 'tough' teams. UK is 13-0 against teams in the NCAA tourney. They average 75 points while only giving up an average of 54 points. Beat Louisville on the road when Louisville was actually good, beat Kansas by 32, beat UCLA into submission by only allowing 7 points in the first half, and not only won the SEC but went undefeated through the conference tournament. I guess the SEC is weak because you don't see the number of ranked teams in there but the SEC had 8 teams in the top 50, more than any other conference. They also got 5 teams in the tourney, same as the ACC. But then again, UK's wins over Kansas, North Carolina, Louisville, Providence, Texas, Arkansas twice, etc....makes them overrated....lol...maybe we would be much better if we had lost to those 'tough' teams like Miami and Rutgers...maybe then Vegas would give UK the best odds to win the tournament....wait...they already did!!!

But, after all, you are right....UK are choke artists...just look at last years tournament to prove that...LOL Unbelievable....no wonder everyone complains about losing bets....you really need to know the sport before you can be a winner!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

bets like this don't usually win.
    and what would the odds be if you bet Kentucky ML on an open parlay
    every game ? probably higher than -110. especially if you just pick
    one other game to start off the parlay.

miamiken
    miamiken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Who knows?
    I'm not disrespecting this Kentucky team at all, but what I am saying is they are not Wooden's UCLA superteams, they aren't Bobby Knight's super Indiana team, I don't even think they are Tark's UNLV teams of the early 90's.

What Kentucky is is an outstanding/excellent team that whooped up on a (looking at it with a level head) a pretty crappy SEC league this year.

Arky and LSU were the runnerups this season to Ky.
    Think about that.
    LOL...You probably thought the same thing in 2012, but perhaps by now you know who Anthony Davis is....You might not know any of the current UK players names now, but wait until draft day when 4 of them are announced in the top 15 picks, and 7 in the first 2 rounds. But for now, a bunch of nameless players that are on a mission to win a championship will suffice. If they do win the championship, go 40-0 you probably still won't consider them a great team. After all, what would you measure that by? Wins? Losses? Future NBA stars? Or, are only seniors considered great??? I guess if UK wins their 9th title then it still isn't settled on the court. LOL UK haters crack me up... the only argument that they have is that UK didn't play anybody....but the fact is...everyone else lost to somebody....Wisconsin lost to Rutgers...Duke lost to Miami at home....Gonzaga lost to BYU at home....hmmm Rutgers and Miami didn't even make the NCAA field and BYU is playing in the first four....juggernauts....nothing left to say...

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by miamiken View Post
    LOL...You probably thought the same thing in 2012, but perhaps by now you know who Anthony Davis is....You might not know any of the current UK players names now, but wait until draft day when 4 of them are announced in the top 15 picks, and 7 in the first 2 rounds. But for now, a bunch of nameless players that are on a mission to win a championship will suffice. If they do win the championship, go 40-0 you probably still won't consider them a great team. After all, what would you measure that by? Wins? Losses? Future NBA stars? Or, are only seniors considered great??? I guess if UK wins their 9th title then it still isn't settled on the court. LOL UK haters crack me up... the only argument that they have is that UK didn't play anybody....but the fact is...everyone else lost to somebody....Wisconsin lost to Rutgers...Duke lost to Miami at home....Gonzaga lost to BYU at home....hmmm Rutgers and Miami didn't even make the NCAA field and BYU is playing in the first four....juggernauts....nothing left to say...

I get it, you're a UK one and done homer.

You can't debate with a homer, learned that a long time ago.

Let's see, I said I wasn't disrespecting what UK has done, I said they had an outstanding season, I also said they played this season in a weak ass conference, and all the analyticals prove that.

SEC was the fifth rated conference this season, pretty much bottom of the barrel when it comes to major conferences.

Where did I say I hated UK, I don't.
    Only thing I dislike about UK is your carpet bagging, blowhard coach.
    Five final fours, how many titles?
    One?
    That's not exactly getting it done slick.
    He ain't Coach K, he ain't Calhoun sweetheart.
    How many vacated final fours?

I know full well who Anthony Davis is, I don't need a Blue Grass homer giving me a college basketball lesson. What I forgot you'll never know pee-wee.

Listen to what Chris Weber has to say, his fab five team got promoted just as hard as your team is, you are entering this dance with a gigantic target on their backs.

Got to the point where Jalen Rose, and Weber and the rest couldn't eat, sleep, the cameras in the face, the questions, your boys up to that kind of pressure????

We'll see.

What team A did or did not do against team B earlier this season doesn't mean jack shit right now hot shot.

All is takes is a Duke or a Notre Dame to go 13 for 25 from three point land, win more of those 50/50 rebounds then Kentucky does in a 40 minute stretch, then it's lights out, season over, UK boys turn pro like every other one and done Cal team does, and start all over.

Now get your shine box jabroni.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

I'm on Arizona +1200

stevenash

^
    Chris Weber thinks Wisconsin

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Calapsi has to win this championship or he starts to get the label as an overrated coach

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    ND is the only shooting team that can beat them.
    It's my opinion, and I know it's not a popular one.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Notre Dame would not have a prayer. Kentucky would have a significant height/low post/rebounding advantage. They would get so many offensive rebounds it wouldn't matter.

First 123