SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

It was NOT pass interference

The ball was a good 5-6 yards under thrown and touched by a defender prior to the ball getting to the receiver(in this case intercepted). It can't be PI. They could of called illegal contact past 5 yards but that is rarely called these days.

BTW, Brady got away with a grounding call on that 3rd and 10 where he threw down the ball in the left flat when his receiver was on the right flat. That would of made it 4th and 18 and who knows. The calls equal out.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

5 or 6 yards lol, stopped reading right there

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

why shady brady cant win in prime time anymore?????????????

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

is tommy brady bisexual?

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    The ball was a good 5-6 yards under thrown and touched by a defender prior to the ball getting to the receiver(in this case intercepted). It can't be PI. They could of called illegal contact past 5 yards but that is rarely called these days.

BTW, Brady got away with a grounding call on that 3rd and 10 where he threw down the ball in the left flat when his receiver was on the right flat. That would of made it 4th and 18 and who knows. The calls equal out.

If anything it was defensive holding

Like you said Walker...didn't even affect the play

Let the players play/decide the outcomes

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

it was the butler with the candlestick in the endzone. it's a penalty period end of story. deciding not to call it at that point in the game i can see it, they try not to decide the game on a flag. it was a penalty, make up any reason you want, u cannot do that to a receiver in todays nfl - they make worse calls all the time. they called holding on mccorty before that on the panthers last drive and the ball was way overthrown never picked up the flag.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Name:  BZaHGV2IgAAsIwv.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  18.6 KB
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it, Pivotpoint, and Drew0585

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Would HAVE.

Not....

Would OF

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Give Sourtwist a grammar badge, John

he would've been a great editor!!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You've got to be kidding me John.

5-6 yards?

Whether or not it was technically PI is up for debate. It was a penalty, though. I know that much.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    it was the butler with the candlestick in the endzone. it's a penalty period end of story. deciding not to call it at that point in the game i can see it, they try not to decide the game on a flag. it was a penalty, make up any reason you want, u cannot do that to a receiver in todays nfl - they make worse calls all the time. they called holding on mccorty before that on the panthers last drive and the ball was way overthrown never picked up the flag.
    Well said as usual, reis.

You don't throw the flag, fine. Game over. Controversy, but not a huge deal. Once the laundry hits the turf, you've some some explaining to do. Or, in this case, you pick it up, offer no explanation and run for the hills.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    mother fukker carried him out of the back of the endzone

it wasnt closer b/c the dude was completely taken off his route.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

just fukkin bullshit.

that has to be a penalty.

you cant give the TE a bear hug and prevent him from having access to his arms

Twiz
    Twiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

The argument could be made that you shouldn't call PI on the last play. I'm normally a fan of this argument but less so here as I was on pats...

The argument cannot be made that the backer legally defended the pass. Definition of PI...

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

The ref seen it as pass interference. It is a "judgment" call !!! You should not be allowed to pick a judgment flag up. I have been telling my buddy that all year, "Since when they picking up flags on judgment calls?" It is called right or wrong no conference needed for the other refs to talk him out of it. If another event happened prior to him calling PI like tipped ball at line, then yes they should get it corrected. To call a conference to discuss this particular refs judgment and "take a VOTE" to pick it up or call stands is telling me "QUIT BETTING ON SPORTS" George St. Pierre fight this weekend. NUMEROUS NFL games in the last few years have been obvious FIXES. I was tapped out before last night so I had nothing on it. Knowing the spot and knowing anybody in their right mind is betting Brady over Cam getting points. Also, I don't feel Gronkowski is making that catch but, it is a judgment call in the eyes of the official. He happened to be on top of the play, with full unimpeded view of the whole development of the route directly in front of him and he called PI. What else can you get from this? The whole focus should "NOT" be on was it the right call, it should be why are they picking up "JUDGMENT CALLS"

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    just fukkin bullshit.

that has to be a penalty.

you cant give the TE a bear hug and prevent him from having access to his arms
    exactly. was that Keichly doing that? he's not stupid, assuming he knows he got beat and he wanted to prevent giving up the game winning TD and would rather get the flag thrown on them and live for one more play to defend, like I said than lose and give up game winning TD.

he wrapped Gronk up like that for a reason. as i just explain above.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

50-50

Although you cannot pick up flag there

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

More than 60% of bets on NE.
    Books would get killed if NE wins and covers.
    Flag is thrown.
    Call comes from Vegas to upstairs referee.
    Flag is picked up.
    This is how NFL works.
    Get over it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: the_orangekat

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I hate hearing that shit you don't want a game to end on a flag. Then don't fukking commit an obvious bonehead penalty in the 1st place! There is also nothing in the rule book that states it's a free for all and you can do whatever you want in last play of a game without consequence!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

End of the day receiver has EVERY right to make a play on the football. And that was not playing defense at all that was a straight mugging. Call it whatever the hell you want but it was a penalty.

simmy17
    simmy17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3230

If its not pass int it has to be illegal contact holding something....

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Flag is thrown.

Flag is picked up.
    This is how NFL works.
    Get over it.
    yeah, they pick up their fkn bat signal special red phone.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Flag is thrown.
    Flag is picked up.
    This is how NFL works.
    Get over it.
    i think we've all had our suspicions but this right here pretty much confirms it.

picking winners is hard enough as it is, having referees decide the outcome is something i am not cool with.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    no call was needed to be made from Vegas. the refs were given instructions before the game to help
    carolina if at all possible.

Take a look at the defensive holding call the refs made against New England when the Panthers had the ball
    on 3rd and 7 right before they scored the go ahead TD

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

It should have been defensive holding but at the same time does anyone really think Gronk had a chance at that ball? Brady threw that ball short and it's getting picked regardless.

also if this were fixed, the flag never would have been thrown in the first place.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Nope -- just the flag.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    It should have been defensive holding but at the same time does anyone really think Gronk had a chance at that ball? Brady threw that ball short and it's getting picked regardless.

also if this were fixed, the flag never would have been thrown in the first place.
    well if he was able to run his proper route who knows

i think that Gronk didnt even try to fight the Bear hug b/c he wanted the Refs to see it

maybe Brady saw the bear hug and threw it in that area to bring attention to penalty

you see that all the time

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Of course that is interference just think how much closer to the balls landing point Gronk was when the ball first left Bradys hand

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

well if he was able to run his proper route who knows

i think that Gronk didnt even try to fight the Bear hug b/c he wanted the Refs to see it

maybe Brady saw the bear hug and threw it in that area to bring attention to penalty

you see that all the time

don't get me wrong, I agree it should have been defensive holding at the least. I just think the pass would have been intercepted regardless. But you're right, a call should have been made. I was not on either side FWIW.

leslieteam
    leslieteam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11768

No question pass interference. Wasn't near the ball because hes getting mugged.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

it should have been a penalty and it was bullshit that they pick up the flag in such a huge moment (I mean who does that?).

But pavy, you implying that Steve Wynn sees the flag being thrown and calls up the referees and tells them to pick it up within that literal 5-10 second span is ridiculous.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

no call was needed to be made from Vegas. the refs were given instructions before the game to help
    carolina if at all possible.

Take a look at the defensive holding call the refs made against New England when the Panthers had the ball
    on 3rd and 7 right before they scored the go ahead TD
    dude take a look at the pi they called on panthers earlier in the drive on 3rd down, that was a easy no call imo, why they make that if it fixed? dont get me wrong i dont think there any way they should have picked up that flag but think it incompetence and the fact they were scared of the crowd more than some conspiracy, if you conspiring to "help carolina" you call holding on the oline about 3-4 times at least in this gm and they never get down inside the 20, you def call holding or something on pats on that last play in case they complete the pass, you not leaving any chance of screwing it up.. there a lot of ways to "help" a team that keeps it from getting so close, it just a unfortunate time for a terrible call if you ask me, and a defender making the high percentage play of refs not wanting to decide the gm in a hostile environment..

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Nice post on that shot.

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

The fact that the flag was picked up and refs ran to showers is an outrage.

No way that is not as penalty. If refs would stay consistent with that bs call, defenses will make adjustments in redzone.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pass interference period

Take notes

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

The best point I have seen other then mine. LOL Within seconds that decision was made and off they went. Really the refs that take 5 minutes to settle an easy replay got that one solved that quick??? That alone should make you suspect!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    it should have been a penalty and it was bullshit that they pick up the flag in such a huge moment (I mean who does that?).

But pavy, you implying that Steve Wynn sees the flag being thrown and calls up the referees and tells them to pick it up within that literal 5-10 second span is ridiculous.

1234 ... Last