1. #106
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    You know what thedifference is between teachers and teachers union?
    Um union paid to take of the interests of teachers and go into bat for them when it comes to negotiating salaries etc...

    At lest that's how it works here...

  2. #107
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Obama inherited 10 TRILLION worth of debt which took over 230 years to accomplish (NOT 13 as you're claiming). However, you defend Obama for raising that debt by 7 TRILLION in a little over 4 years. THAT MAKES YOU A HYPOCRITE which is the first amendment of the democratic party. Regarding nominating Christie in 2016, that would be a huge mistake. The republican party has to STOP nominating wishy-washy RINOS and find the most conservative candidate they can who is able to accurately articulate why the democratic party is destroying this country. That is the only chance the GOP has.
    You try saving money when the amount of interest your paying on your debt almost overrides the repayments...
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    See that debt clock mr wend?? There's a reason why it never goes down and only up...Interest payments are your nations Achilles heel when it comes to debt levels...

  3. #108
    MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-01-09
    Posts: 13,263
    Betpoints: 252

    Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    The republican party has to STOP nominating wishy-washy RINOS and find the most conservative candidate they can who is able to accurately articulate why the democratic party is destroying this country. That is the only chance the GOP has.
    Bottom line is even if some of the stuff they said was true, the vast majority doesn't wanna fukkin hear it and is not interested in hardcore conservative shit, and it's only getting worse by the day for them

    The only people happy with the "most conservative candidate" out there already vote Repub....You ain't getting anyone else, and you will get slaughtered in a national election

    So it's either a prayer with a Christie-type or might as well just disband the party on a national level

  4. #109
    andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-20-07
    Posts: 4,810
    Betpoints: 227

    Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    You try saving money when the amount of interest your paying on your debt almost overrides the repayments...
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

    See that debt clock mr wend?? There's a reason why it never goes down and only up...Interest payments are your nations Achilles heel when it comes to debt levels...
    You make a fair point Coochy, but which party wants to stop excessive government spending and which party doesn't really seem to care how high our debt goes? If you don't want to take my word for it, read up on Paul Krugman (the ultra-liberal economist) who believes the answer to all of our country's problems is to spend way more money while vastly increasing the debt. Obama and the democrats have the nerve to say that ObamaCare will reduce the deficit. IF you had a free $100,000 bet, which way would you go (ObamaCare reducing the deficit or ObamaCare adding to the deficit?). Have a good weekend.

  5. #110
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    You make a fair point Coochy, but which party wants to stop excessive government spending and which party doesn't really seem to care how high our debt goes? If you don't want to take my word for it, read up on Paul Krugman (the ultra-liberal economist) who believes the answer to all of our country's problems is to spend way more money while vastly increasing the debt. Obama and the democrats have the nerve to say that ObamaCare will reduce the deficit. IF you had a free $100,000 bet, which way would you go (ObamaCare reducing the deficit or ObamaCare adding to the deficit?). Have a good weekend.
    All politicians want to save face and be remembered for something (even if it is at the expense of greater good). Obama is no different on that level.

    I believe it was a republican who floated the solid idea of reforming the federal healthcare system to something similar to a European/Australasian type system.

    Would cost half as much (thus freeing up a lot of budget space, enough to get you guys largely out of debt I believe) and deliver same 1st world results.

    Now, to convince the lobby groups and those who receive kickbacks for pharmaceutical industry that it would be a good idea to do so

  6. #111
    C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-10
    Posts: 6,812
    Betpoints: 608

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So the problem is to go after the teacher's union to reduce their salaries? Then all the good teachers in public schools will go to private schools and this country will still be producing dumb voters for years to come.
    It is a huge problem, and I don't think there is 1 simple answer, but the teachers in those states are way overpaid.

    Being unionized is a huge problem. The best paid teachers are the ones that have been there the longest, the worst paid teachers are the ones who just got there. That is a huge disincentive for young productive teachers who do a good job, and a huge incentive for old, crappy overpaid teachers who just want to collect a check.

  7. #112
    andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-20-07
    Posts: 4,810
    Betpoints: 227

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Bottom line is even if some of the stuff they said was true, the vast majority doesn't wanna fukkin hear it and is not interested in hardcore conservative shit, and it's only getting worse by the day for them

    The only people happy with the "most conservative candidate" out there already vote Repub....You ain't getting anyone else, and you will get slaughtered in a national election

    So it's either a prayer with a Christie-type or might as well just disband the party on a national level
    Obama got 46% of the white vote and those votes are in play if the republicans can elect a true conservative candidate who is able to explain to the American people why the democratic path will lead to our country's destruction. However, as long as the democrats are willing to give away the store and to hell with the country in return for political gain, then there just isn't much the GOP can do as the republicans are NOT willing to go down that road and rightfully so. Also, when you add our country's declining demographics to the mix with blacks and latinos outbreeding whites by a 2 or 3 to 1 basis, the republicans are doomed no matter how you look at it and so is the country.

  8. #113
    andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-20-07
    Posts: 4,810
    Betpoints: 227

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    It is a huge problem, and I don't think there is 1 simple answer, but the teachers in those states are way overpaid.

    Being unionized is a huge problem. The best paid teachers are the ones that have been there the longest, the worst paid teachers are the ones who just got there. That is a huge disincentive for young productive teachers who do a good job, and a huge incentive for old, crappy overpaid teachers who just want to collect a check.
    It is ABSOLUTELY INSANE for any federal, state or city employee to be allowed to be represented by a union. As you correctly stated, the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS is how long the teacher has been teaching. Merit and ability are meaningless within the teacher union system. There is absolutely no incentive for any teacher to go one step out of their way to help a student. While some teachers go the extra mile, they do so because they are quality human beings. However, the number of quality human beings are in pretty short supply.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

  9. #114
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    There is absolutely no incentive for any teacher to go one step out of their way to help a student. While some teachers go the extra mile, they do so because they are quality human beings. However, the number of quality human beings are in pretty short supply.
    Nominated...

    So many times ive seen fresh faced graduates ready for a teaching career regret their decision within the 1st month.

    Kids are allowed to get away with almost anything in the classroom and if the teacher even looks at them wrong then there's threats of potential lawsuits etc being made...

    Kills almost all incentive for the majority of teachers to want to do and be better...

    The system is a joke but no-one wants to talk or do anything meaningful about it...

  10. #115
    GunShard
    Bet less than 4% of your bankroll.
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-05-10
    Posts: 9,086
    Betpoints: 156

    Biased republican.
    Democrats can win it again.

  11. #116
    TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 2,550
    Betpoints: 24284

    Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    If the election were tomorrow Christie would have my vote. Sadly by the time he comes out of the GOP primaries, if he does, he'll be a comletely different politician.
    If Christie does that, he doesn't get out of the Primaries. His appeal is straight talk, and unlike McCain, he must stick to it.

  12. #117
    Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-06-11
    Posts: 2,796

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    If Christie does that, he doesn't get out of the Primaries. His appeal is straight talk, and unlike McCain, he must stick to it.
    He won't win states like Alabama or Texas unless he sells out to the Tea Bagger element at least to some degree. Even that won't likely work. His primary opponents will be running ads with these types of photos on a 20 mins loop-
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 09-18-15 at 03:26 PM. Reason: image does not exist

  13. #118
    TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 2,550
    Betpoints: 24284

    Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    He won't win states like Alabama or Texas unless he sells out to the Tea Bagger element at least to some degree. Even that won't likely work. His primary opponents will be running ads with these types of photos on a 20 mins loop-



    He won't have to win wingnut states like Bama, Miss, etc to win the nomination. Cali, NY, NJ, Penn, Illinois, Mich, Ohio, Fla, etc.the big population and big delegate states will do the trick. Those ads are great for him. It'll help Christie win the normal people, as he'll be running as a guy who can foster co-operation to get things done.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 09-18-15 at 03:26 PM. Reason: image does not exist

  14. #119
    Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-06-11
    Posts: 2,796

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    He won't have to win wingnut states like Bama, Miss, etc to win the nomination. Cali, NY, NJ, Penn, Illinois, Mich, Ohio, Fla, etc.the big population and big delegate states will do the trick. Those ads are great for him. It'll help Christie win the normal people, as he'll be running as a guy who can foster co-operation to get things done.
    The GOP is fractured right now with the Tea Baggers fighting the sane. Depending on he outcome of that you could be right or you could be wrong. So far, historically, every moderate GOP candidate has had to shift hard right during the primaries and the general election sees a shift back to the center.

    Another thing to look at is what state votes when in the primaries. People like to vote for a winner. So often by the time several of the states you list vote the tide is already rolling and folks start riding that tide.

  15. #120
    MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-01-09
    Posts: 13,263
    Betpoints: 252

    Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    He won't win states like Alabama or Texas unless he sells out to the Tea Bagger element at least to some degree. Even that won't likely work. His primary opponents will be running ads with these types of photos on a 20 mins loop-



    The funny thing is those ads are a good thing for people with a clue and as a whole for people sick of the bullshit between the 2 parties

    Shows that he does what he thinks is best, not because some dumb fukkin party told him to
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 09-18-15 at 03:26 PM. Reason: image does not exist

  16. #121
    Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-12
    Posts: 810
    Betpoints: 540

    It's time we have a woman president ( as long as she is a democrat) will be the message that will be pounded and carry the day.

  17. #122
    C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-10
    Posts: 6,812
    Betpoints: 608

    Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Obama got 46% of the white vote and those votes are in play if the republicans can elect a true conservative candidate who is able to explain to the American people why the democratic path will lead to our country's destruction. However, as long as the democrats are willing to give away the store and to hell with the country in return for political gain, then there just isn't much the GOP can do as the republicans are NOT willing to go down that road and rightfully so. Also, when you add our country's declining demographics to the mix with blacks and latinos outbreeding whites by a 2 or 3 to 1 basis, the republicans are doomed no matter how you look at it and so is the country.
    Chris Christie won the Hispanic vote in NJ and he also won the Asian vote, along with the white vote.

    The Democrat only won the black vote.

  18. #123
    C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-10
    Posts: 6,812
    Betpoints: 608

    Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    It is ABSOLUTELY INSANE for any federal, state or city employee to be allowed to be represented by a union. As you correctly stated, the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS is how long the teacher has been teaching. Merit and ability are meaningless within the teacher union system. There is absolutely no incentive for any teacher to go one step out of their way to help a student. While some teachers go the extra mile, they do so because they are quality human beings. However, the number of quality human beings are in pretty short supply.
    It's crazy isn't it? Leftists love FDR and even FDR admitted that government employees should not unionize. Just think about it, they call themselves public servants, and they need a union? For what? Teachers make on average 70K in some places and it is never enough.

    If the teachers really cared about the kids, we would have year round schooling, like the rest of the world. This isn't even on the table because if the teachers have to work even 1 extra minute, they want to be paid more. Those 70K average salaries would have to jump to 90K for teachers to teach year round. But NOOOOOOOO.

    Who gets a pension anymore? Teachers do. Any time they talk about cutting that, they cry that the cuts will hurt the kids. Yes, these teachers hide behind the kids like a human shield.

  19. #124
    C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-10
    Posts: 6,812
    Betpoints: 608

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    If Christie does that, he doesn't get out of the Primaries. His appeal is straight talk, and unlike McCain, he must stick to it.
    People like straight talk but Newt Gingrich was also straight talk and he lost to Romney. It's not like straight talk hasn't been tried before.

    Gingrich would have been a better Republican nomination against Obama, because he would have attacked him. Hillary will get the nod and she will also be somebody that has to be attacked. McCain never took the gloves off, and Romney did once in a debate and that was the peak of his popularity.

  20. #125
    BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-06-11
    Posts: 1,283
    Betpoints: 3704

    Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    He won't win states like Alabama or Texas unless he sells out to the Tea Bagger element at least to some degree.
    Really, brah? You think those states are going to go for Hillary?

  21. #126
    Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-06-11
    Posts: 2,796

    Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Really, brah? You think those states are going to go for Hillary?
    Really Brah I doubt Hillary will be in the GOP primary.

  22. #127
    PAULYPOKER
    Washington DC$wamp!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-06-08
    Posts: 34,655
    Betpoints: 12


  23. #128
    ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-09
    Posts: 13,951
    Betpoints: 2191

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    It's crazy isn't it? Leftists love FDR and even FDR admitted that government employees should not unionize. Just think about it, they call themselves public servants, and they need a union? For what? Teachers make on average 70K in some places and it is never enough.

    If the teachers really cared about the kids, we would have year round schooling, like the rest of the world. This isn't even on the table because if the teachers have to work even 1 extra minute, they want to be paid more. Those 70K average salaries would have to jump to 90K for teachers to teach year round. But NOOOOOOOO.

    Who gets a pension anymore? Teachers do. Any time they talk about cutting that, they cry that the cuts will hurt the kids. Yes, these teachers hide behind the kids like a human shield.
    Even 100k per year is nowhere near enough to teach your little brats because schooling for the teacher doesn't finish in the classroom.

    What about those 2-3 hours per night where they have to mark students homework etc?? You never hear about that but it happens all the time.

    In addition do you really think that their ONLY role is to teach?? Forget the delegating, forget the myriad of other roles they have to fulfil if they plan on keeping a coherent classroom together. Nah, they only teach and that's it

    Couldn't pay me enough to teach todays generation of over entitled little monsters...

First 1234
Top