FadeDreadlocks
    FadeDreadlocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    Today perfectly exemplifies why Phoenix is still close to the top but remains looking up. They really have to improve in terms of wager grading. For example, I'm still waiting for my winning wager to be graded from European hockey this morning (German League). Now Sunday in November is a busy day, and while not exactly an "exotic market" sometimes hockey and basketball on the other side of the pond understandably is not a high priority betting menu item. But if you're going to offer it, you should grade it in a timely manner, as opposed to still having it listed as pending some 4 or 5 hours later. Especially when the matter has already been brought to the attention of CS who promised to resolve it "in 15 minutes" some 2 hours ago. What more can a customer do?

It's not the first time either that I've had to contact customer service over this type of situation. There have been several instances like this, and I've only been with the book since Mid-August. By comparison, it's happened a couple of times with an "A" Giant like the Greek, but this is over the span of a decade. Likewise, I think I've had to contact Pinnacle a single time over grading speed.
    They haven't paid you because they don't have the money. They are implementing accounting antics and fumbling money around in a circle to try and stay afloat. There is always someone waiting for money. I've seen the signs before, BEWARE! this book is busto and will cease to exist within twelve months!

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

To be fair, Phoenix has graded my wager in the interim so all is well, but it simply would have been nice to have at least a few funds heading into the 1:00 NFL matches. Regardless, my gripe has been resolved.

betphoenix
    betphoenix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

They haven't paid you because they don't have the money. They are implementing accounting antics and fumbling money around in a circle to try and stay afloat. There is always someone waiting for money. I've seen the signs before, BEWARE! this book is busto and will cease to exist within twelve months!

What does a grading issue have to do with this? SBR, who is this guy?

The Bishop
    The Bishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

BP, do you guys consider yourselves a pro or rec book?

betphoenix

Both...

Jak
    Jak's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thinking about switching to BP or Pinni, at least they can't have worse lines then bm

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think BetPhoenix deserves the A rating now. You shouldnt have to be around forever to get what you already deserve. For example,do you not sign a sure thing reciever to his millions now but tell him he has to play for a few more years. No they always get it now and before they ever play a down in the NFL. Richard and Phoenix has proven themselves to be an A book and if you are worth an A now you should get it. In school if you ace a test early in the year do you get a B until the teacher knows you better? You guys are unbelieveable. Give the guys what they deserve and if they blow it snatch it back.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Except they aren't. They have extremely limited B2B xfers, no account to account options, capped withdrawals, etc etc etc

There is a litany of issues they have currently.

cinpls081
    cinpls081's Avatar Become A Pro!

BP you are a rec book...sharps are put on a delay end of story.

betphoenix

Steam is not sharp, sorry. I have seen this done in the sharpest of places. Not trying to argue, just the truth.

Actionbrett
    Actionbrett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3593

Betphoenix. Hard to call yourself a pro book when you wait until 60 minutes prior to tip off to post NCAAB Totals when the rest of the books have them posted. Other then this factor they are one heck of a book.

GETMONEYKID
    GETMONEYKID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

richard do you take originators and if so at what limits/delays/juice?

serious question

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

There live chat reps should be graded F-. I have a thread on it! Shit book

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont see why you guys need book to book transfers anyway. I use 1 book at a time and make sure its one that takes care of all my needs and currently BetPhoenix does so. I never have payout problems and usually get paid the same day via **. This is a A book for sure and they deserve the grade now. Do you test a kid in school early in the year and only give him a B after he aces it because he is the new kid and not been around long? Absolutely not and it shouldnt be done here either. The only problems I ever had with them were fixed within an hour of being brought up and that was to allow tennis parlays. Richard made that happen quickly. Keep up the good work BP.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

"I dont see why you guys need book to book transfers anyway. I use 1 book at a time"

Are you a square? Just make believe some bettors make a living at this.

Let me give you an example why you may want more than one book. Live betting at BP had Phillies -190 during GM 1 Worls Series. Matchbook had Phillies offers at -144.

BubbleBobble
    BubbleBobble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of trash talk going on here...Phx is a good book.
    Showing some risk management is good for them long term, obviously.

I had the problem that they considered me a steam chaser, well let me just give you an example...i took a NBA spread shortly before it began to move at the major books. I saw a big offer at Matchbook on the other side with alarming good odds. And we all know what that usually means. So i did hit it for several k, and as expected it became a good bet very fast.

But not forever, the line calmed down and it was nothing more than a ev. bet in the end.
    Also i did it with a 15sec delay. Now the question is: is that steam?
    Coz next day i was moved to -110 lines, and cut to 1k limits ^^

Anyway, they have the right to do this. As long as they pay.
    But as long as they react extremely allergic to bets that are not such a big deal, like the one in my example, they cannot call themselves a book for pro. players. That is misleading, RJ.

GETMONEYKID

richard still need an answer to my questions above

betphoenix

We do have originators playing yes. You tell me what makes you happy. I guess my answer would depend more on your timing and the position bet than any actual fixed amounts etc. I will say with certainty that originators keep reduced juice if that's what they want (obviously).

JerseyShop101
    JerseyShop101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Richard, thanks for all you do! Its great having a books representative on the boards!

As posters say...

BETPHOENIX, must have out.

Tell them Jerseyshop sent ya! lol

Seriously, Betphoenix has proven to me that they deserve an A rating.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they are very good, but after talking to a friend I was warned that they can be hard on you if you withdraw your funds. I was told that if you withdraw your full balance, they will be pissed off and apply their "non recreational rule" and maybe even close the account. Obviously not if it is a very low amount, but a few grand will be enough for them to tell you to take a hike. I will be cashing out tomorrow or this weekend so it will be interesting to see if this happens to me. I would leave some cash with them but because they offer no free payouts whatsoever I will just take it all in one withdrawal. Also I know that it will be a long time until my next winning run like this, so need to reduce my liability so that I don't go on a tilt if I start losing.

If this doesn't happen to me I will say they are at about A-. If they start offering one free withdrawal I would rate them A.

GETMONEYKID

thanks for answer my question richard

next question: are people free to bet touts with reduced juice and no delay if they don't bet steam or live bet with sick feeds?

BubbleBobble

RJ check your PM's pls thanks, need an answer

JohnnyC
    JohnnyC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 597

Quote Originally Posted by betphoenix View Post
    We do have originators playing yes. You tell me what makes you happy. I guess my answer would depend more on your timing and the position bet than any actual fixed amounts etc. I will say with certainty that originators keep reduced juice if that's what they want (obviously).
    How do you know if someone is originating or not?

Ya, you don't.

BubbleBobble

originating = just another word for not betting in those seconds where all the arbers hit them.
    aka when Pinny, Bookmaker or MB makes a jump on a line...

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

BP, why don't you offer Webmoney deposits?

JohnnyC
    JohnnyC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 597

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBobble View Post
    originating = just another word for not betting in those seconds where all the arbers hit them.
    aka when Pinny, Bookmaker or MB makes a jump on a line...
    What if you're the one moving Pinny, Bookmaker, MB?

How can you know? You can't.

JerseyShop101
    JerseyShop101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GETMONEYKID View Post
    thanks for answer my question richard

next question: are people free to bet touts with reduced juice and no delay if they don't bet steam or live bet with sick feeds?
    Please post the sick feeds. Not for live betting, but because I'm stationed overseas and atde and channel surfing don't carry all the games.

TIA

betphoenix

"I think they are very good, but after talking to a friend I was warned that they can be hard on you if you withdraw your funds. I was told that if you withdraw your full balance, they will be pissed off and apply their "non recreational rule" and maybe even close the account. Obviously not if it is a very low amount, but a few grand will be enough for them to tell you to take a hike. I will be cashing out tomorrow or this weekend so it will be interesting to see if this happens to me. I would leave some cash with them but because they offer no free payouts whatsoever I will just take it all in one withdrawal. Also I know that it will be a long time until my next winning run like this, so need to reduce my liability so that I don't go on a tilt if I start losing."

This doesn't happen under my tenure for sure. No need to disrespect people for winning and wanting to get paid. We don't tell players to take a hike and close accounts. Whether you bet $1 or $100,000 you still have an intrinsic value of $400 as an active member. We are here to DO business, not defer it. Please request your payment, and we will be happy to pay you with Nicky Santoros money (If you are watching Nicky couldn't resist.)

JohnnyC,

I guess we all may have a different definition of that. We take some plays in that come before movement occurs...that's what I mean.

GetmoneyKid,

You referring to Ras moving CBB totals 5 points etc. It will be steam for sure by default...so it is touch and go there depending on tout and how they affect the market.
    Last edited by betphoenix; 11-19-09 at 05:11 PM.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you for your reply. I just asked the guy and he now said it was with Bet Mania that this happened to him, and that it was this summer. Obviously BetMania has its own management, but Phoenix "owns" them or whatever, so that is probably where information was confused and one could think that this would be the practice of all the Phoenix brands.

And thanks for the information about the "intrinsic value" of $400. A very obscure fact, but certainly interesting.

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey nicky can we consider you another book to book transfer option..

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

"I dont see why you guys need book to book transfers anyway. I use 1 book at a time and make sure its one that takes care of all my needs and currently BetPhoenix does so."

Not this week-end.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

sslp, no comprendis..

Richie, this weekend was horrible at BP.. did you see how much action i gave you the last 3 days.. pretty amazing, huh?? well, it would have been 30% more had you had this site up..

richie, take a look at what i said in this thread before this site ever went down...

it's ok with american sports. all games are in order..it's FANTASTIC. the site is great, smooth, and quick as hell. NEVER goes down. ( I LOVE IT).

maybe i jinxed your site, richie..

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Richard is the man. He's always been first class with anything I've asked.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

This week end shows why Phoenix shouldn't be rated higher. Who the f\*\*k does server maintenance during a weekend of football..... geezes.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

A site is attacked. It happens. And it seems to happen more to the popular and high rated books, so I'm wondering who is behind the attacks. In the end it should help a book become stronger and less vulnerable.

Wagerchief is back up. So is Sports-1. BP still down here. But they were all down earlier, so things are starting to clear up.

First 1234567 Last