No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Coiner is hard guy to like bc he is such an arrogant asshole to everyone on here but calling him a dead beat is taking it too far/personal

he knows his stuff he just trys to hard to be contrarian.
    I'm an asshole to trolls.

If you check my posts, I'm actually friendly with about 98% of the board. Go ahead -- do a search.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

ThingsFallApart nailed it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Why did the Dodgers trade for Marmol and then put him on waivers?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Frieri just cost the Angels the ball game.

Bullpens are so important in baseball.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This thread

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

whoa, this was right before i quit

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

dag nabit!

bullpen blew it for the rockies too!

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

that rockies bp killed me such dumb pitching

pettifogger
    pettifogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

One theory of the origin of the term "bullpen" in baseball is that it symbolically represents the fenced area of a bulls' pen where bulls wait before being sent to slaughter. In that case the Rockies do indeed have a bullpen. Latroy Hawkins as the closer ? My aching ass.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Rockies bullpen needs an upgrade. Maybe they can pick up some quality arms before the trade deadline...

Maybe Fernando Rodney will be available if the Mariners are out of it by then

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

First off, relievers aren't necessarily pitchers that failed @ starting or aren't good enough to be starters. Relievers as a whole have a combined era lower than starters. They also strikout more batters per 9.

Many rasons for bullpens being in OF. Injury being one of the main ones. Another main one is $$. in the old days ballparks were designed with dugouts big enough to accommodate an entire team including relief pitchers. The new ballparks have smaller dugouts & move relievers to the pen area so they can sneak in a few extra top $$ seats. Also helps managers/coaches to communicate with & find position players in the dugout, less commotion ect. makes it easier to manage.
    It is also well known pitching staffs (relievers) are a closer unit & allows them to be together in OF pens & grow as a group & hopefully perform better by learn from each other. The pen allows the pitching coache(s) an area to work on things during the game as well which would be tougher if everybody were in the dugout. The pen also gives the relievers a place to store their belongings/equipment rather than cluttering the dugout & gives them an area to stretch & get loose an inning or two before they are likely to be called & allows coaches to be hands on during warm ups. The pen also isolates them during pre-game warm-UP's so they can prepare & concentrate w/o worrying about batting practice balls being lasered off their foreheads
    Many reasons for bullpens being in the OF & most of them are good reasons~
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave upscope 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Big Bear

First 1234