wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

The bottom line with any book, and in this case Betfair is you simply do not have the right to confiscate funds without telling the reason for doing so. Even if the players were in the wrong, who would know without knowing what you are being accused of.

Any book who would take a players money without clear reasoning and notification should not be played at. Also, if a reason is given it needs to be in a timely manner, which I would call within 7 days from time of the balances being confiscated.

Thanks Justin for the video and books that do this should be brought to the forefront so they can be exposed.

acw
    acw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

Seems that after Tony Blair became Roman Catholic all the Pommies decided to start behaving Irish.
    I am not kidding, but the UK has really gone from bad to worse in all aspects.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

The bottom line is that orange colored t-shirts are soo 1980s

Teddy_KGB
    Teddy_KGB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6074

Betfair's answer :

Dear X!

Thank you for your e-mail.
    Please be assured that Betfair only shut down accounts in extreme and very rare circumstances and certainly not without good reason and without extensive investigations.
    Unfortunately we cannot give you specific details regarding this case as we need to protect third party information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

Kind regards

Elizabeth Pride

Betfair Helpdesk

I replied can you tell me an extreme rare example when do you close an account with the money, also I told them you have the chance to register here and tell your standpoint but of course they will never do it.

acw

http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f...nspiracy-89104

Something real big going on. BetFair giving credit?!

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

First of all let me thank you Justin for this GREAT report

Betting on sports is becoming more more of unappealing to me,when it's not one thing it is a another.Now even god-dammed Betfair is f.cking around with people's money,i think that betfair is going down because like allot of Euros they have gotten involve in the derivatives game up to their neck and have "lost their shirts" in the process.
    I think that they are trying all sorts of bullsh.t to get some cash back or they will have the company taken away and sold out for pennies on the dollar by the creditors.I wonder if the punters accounts are considered as betfair assets witch can be be seized or a independent entity?.
    If yes-That would explain why these money theft have been happening there so many times in the last little while.I am following that case through punter's lounge,stay tuned....
    In the mean time weather you are in the states or not,
    these days you only have 4 choices PINNACLES,BOOKMAKER and THE GREEK=(if you are a high roller) and of course MATCHBOOK( is where to go when small hoping to get big),all that betfair and betdaq nonsense are just not worth the aggravation anymore,when they are not asking you to provide them all the documents one needs to steal your identity,they just outright steal your money!!!! F.CK'EM

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SPECULATOR 13 View Post

Betting on sports is becoming more more of unappealing to me,when it's not one thing it is a another.Now even god-dammed Betfair is f.cking around with people's money,i think that betfair is going down because like allot of Euros they have gotten involve in the derivatives game up to their neck and have "lost their shirts" in the process.
    I think that they are trying all sorts of bullsh.t to get some cash back or they will have the company taken away and sold out for pennies on the dollar by the creditors.I wonder if the punters accounts are considered as betfair assets witch can be be seized or a independent entity?.
    If yes-That would explain why these money theft have been happening there so many times in the last little while.I am following that case through punter's lounge,stay tuned....
    In the mean time weather you are in the states or not,
    these days you only have 4 choices PINNACLES,BOOKMAKER and THE GREEK=(if you are a high roller) and of course MATCHBOOK( is where to go when small hoping to get big),all that betfair and betdaq nonsense are just not worth the aggravation anymore,when they are not asking you to provide them all the documents one needs to steal your identity,they just outright steal your money!!!! F.CK'EM
    Theirs more than four choices . But finacial stability is becoming a real question mark these days.

Hohol15
    Hohol15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Betfair is the best ever!!!
    I am not working for Betfair, but believe me if the company gives you the opportunity to wager big and win and afterwards pay big, then I guess you see what I mean!

As for all the matchbooks etc. You guys firstly improve your odds selection and then talk about commision and so on. I don't care the 5% commission, cause I put it into the price and it proves to be effective anyway.
    But to tell the truth I know nothing about the american sports in Betfair, if you guys have your matchbooks better operating on this field, so seems no problem for you, but for me, as I told you, tennis handicaps and totals and Most aces are the priority, so I don't care all matchbooks, where I can wager only on match odds...

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by acw View Post
    http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f...nspiracy-89104

Something real big going on. BetFair giving credit?!
    you do know you're talking about something that was in the news in 2007 and dates back to the Fallon-trial, which was about a fixed horse race that happened in 2004? not exactly something recent.

noyb

Quote Originally Posted by SPECULATOR 13 View Post
    Now even god-dammed Betfair is f.cking around with people's money,i think that betfair is going down because like allot of Euros they have gotten involve in the derivatives game up to their neck and have "lost their shirts" in the process.
    uhm, that's quite a lot of (bs) assumptions in one post. why not back them up with some actual evidence, instead of telling us what you "think".

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is worrying, i use betfair as one of my primary accounts , File a complaint to English Watchdog, they should be able to help out, id love to hear the outcome of this

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

Betfair are idiots. They have the world at their feet. All they have to do is keep trying to get access to all of Asia and eventually USA and they will be a mega company. But they have started piling shit on their current customers. Premium charge and this type of we can do anything attitude in the cases in this thread. If they are not carefull this could bite their arrogant greedy arses

TJMAXX
    TJMAXX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    3 players had their accounts zeroed. Downgrade?

Wow! I thought that 'Deutsche' shirt was ugly!! Way to go Eli!!

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Have any of this been resolved or told the reason for taking the money by Betfair?

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Gw as usual justin. On top of this rule betfair charges their customers 5% commission. This is an unreasonable amount and no one should play there in the first place.

CPJ
    CPJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I had to guess, I would say that the people that had their money taken by BETFAIR were probably cheating in poker.

This guy I know used to play on there and he used to have like 5 or 6 accounts. He would make a killing every week as he would be playing 2 or 3 hands on a table. I remember one time I sat down at a table and he was on my left and my right. It was funny but irritating at the same time. Now, he didn't really try to keep it anonymous as he would tell lots of us at the bar whenever we saw him.

But he got caught and they froze all his accounts and kept the money. For the next few months he would go non-stop about how BETFAIR took his money and how he can't play poker there anymore.

So my guess is that someone ratted these guys out to BETFAIR and they froze their accounts and money. That is why they don't want to explain why as they are either investigating some other cases that they think are related or don't want to say who ratted them out.

Again, just my guess but it makes the most sense to me. I can't see it being a sports betting problem. It has to be on the poker side.

andrea
    andrea's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be a valid reason...

cj1356
    cj1356's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe becaus of the economic crisis?!

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good stuff

amazing. I better start reading the fine print

acw

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    you do know you're talking about something that was in the news in 2007 and dates back to the Fallon-trial, which was about a fixed horse race that happened in 2004? not exactly something recent.
    Read the thread again! It states:
    remember this came up at the Old Bailey Fixing Trial!
    BetFair seems to have been giving credit and something (as always) went wrong. I have no idea of any details.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    lol. "You're from Germany? I've been there! Do you know Peter?"
    LOL that reminds me of when I was in texas and some guy in a bar said your from Canada. Do you know my cousin out in alberta.....

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    uhm, that's quite a lot of (bs) assumptions in one post. why not back them up with some actual evidence, instead of telling us what you "think".
    The speculator should be allowed to say what he thinks. Nothing wrong with that as long as it's not presented as fact.

Justin how is this working out.

Gemoka
    GIBBONS
    Gemoka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Seems that after Tony Blair became Roman Catholic all the Pommies decided to start behaving Irish.
    I am not kidding, but the UK has really gone from bad to worse in all aspects.

be glad you don't live in this shit hole

noyb

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    The speculator should be allowed to say what he thinks. Nothing wrong with that as long as it's not presented as fact.
    the guy's obviously frustrated he had to send in a number of documents to verify his ID when trying open an account, he's clearly said that a hundreds of times already all over the forum. therefore he didn't open an account, doesn't like the company and uses an unrelated thread to go on some kind of speculation frenzy about betfair stealing a few hundred euro's because they are "up to their neck involved in the derivatives game" (?), apparently not aware the kind of funds we're talking about here is less than the commission betfair generates on a random small market in some small sport on a weekday, in other words means nothing to them.

ofcourse he can write whatever he wants, but so can i, and i suggested it might be more interesting to us all if he would stop fantasizing and offer actual facts if he's so convinced of his own ridiculous scenario.

noyb

Read the thread again! It states:
    BetFair seems to have been giving credit and something (as always) went wrong. I have no idea of any details.
    yes, i read that, we both agree the fixing trial was a long time ago, so why bring it up in this thread in the first place?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Nothing is happening. No intelligent response from Betfair, and IBAS hasn't responded to the one player I know that submitted a complaint over two weeks ago.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

IBAS's average decision period is far longer than 2 weeks, so that's not entirely unexpected. He should have received a confirmation that it was received though I thought.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    IBAS's average decision period is far longer than 2 weeks, .
    Thatīs true. Iīm waiting since 2 years for an IBAS decision with my complaint against sportingbet.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony Blair? wtf

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say that the people that had their money taken by BETFAIR were probably cheating in poker.

This guy I know used to play on there and he used to have like 5 or 6 accounts. He would make a killing every week as he would be playing 2 or 3 hands on a table. I remember one time I sat down at a table and he was on my left and my right. It was funny but irritating at the same time. Now, he didn't really try to keep it anonymous as he would tell lots of us at the bar whenever we saw him.

But he got caught and they froze all his accounts and kept the money. For the next few months he would go non-stop about how BETFAIR took his money and how he can't play poker there anymore.

So my guess is that someone ratted these guys out to BETFAIR and they froze their accounts and money. That is why they don't want to explain why as they are either investigating some other cases that they think are related or don't want to say who ratted them out.

Again, just my guess but it makes the most sense to me. I can't see it being a sports betting problem. It has to be on the poker side.
    I agree. The main reason should be related with Poker. Betfair is an A+ book and I believe that these guys done something wrong and maybe they accuse Betfair? We don't know anyhting about these guys..

Betfair has great liquidty in horse racing, soccer and tennis. I can't imagine a life without betfair..

Yes, Matchbook is cool but it's cool for US Sports only

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that phantom reasons from books that otherwise seem to provide reasonable customer service, usually relates to poker or money laundering issues. But with that said, taking a players funds without any explanation to the player isn't acceptable.

Good video Justin. I will be interested how this turns out.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair is living on his own planet.

They do what they want just like every other book.

(always have some rules for every decision)

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

A short follow-up: both players notified me that Betfair has been in contact with them, and explained what happened. I believe one of the disputes is still ongoing, but at least the player can discuss things now.

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    Thatīs true. Iīm waiting since 2 years for an IBAS decision with my complaint against sportingbet.

Can you give details of the complaint? How did they rule after waiting 2 years?

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    A short follow-up: both players notified me that Betfair has been in contact with them, and explained what happened. I believe one of the disputes is still ongoing, but at least the player can discuss things now.
    And did they share the explanation? After causing the controversy it would at least by nice to know what the issue at stake was.

First 12345 Last