DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

No problem fellas. And I hear u Paco. But one thing that really pisses me off, is instead a person focusing on themselves and trying to correct their flaws is knocking the next man for trying to better himself.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

It's already made me more focused. Usually I would smoke about 10 smokes from the time I wake up, but for the past 3 days I feel so much better.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Of course Ramadan is about more than not eating and drinking. If all a muslim get's out of fasting is a day of hunger, than he/she is wasting their time. How can you say you know so many guys like me? You don't know me! I don't claim to be perfect but I strive and do as best I can. I am a sinner, but that doesn't change my belief or the religion I have accepted as truth. I am a lost cause you say... Maybe you should read the Quran.
    I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to paco.

As for your suggestion about the Qu'ran, I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeWizzle View Post
    I know this is totally off topic but it is simply a metaphor. That's like saying one who is trying to be a law abiding citizen who occasionally runs a red light, accidentally or purposely should throw out every law in the book because they are not perfect... Well I ran a red light today so why not rob a bank, I broke one law so why not brake them all. That is the pure BS! Give he man his props for trying to better himself. Good Luck Paco!
    That is an awful metaphor. All because you ran a red light doesn't mean you going to start raping, robbing, and murdering people. My point is that Islam is very simple in regards to things like alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc. To not be able to resist even those basic temptations is a clear indication how little devotion a person has, seeing as if you grow up Muslim those are the most basic things one learns.

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Thx DWizz, I just learned to ignore the ignorance of the posters who say do it all or do nothing.
    You do realize the ignorance of your statement, right?

paco

Keyboard, yes I drink, yes I gamble, 2 major sins in Islam, yes I know. I am working on bettering myself. And the main point is... I can still fast during Ramadan to help myself.

paco

And for ur info, just because someone doesn't follow every criteria, doesn't mean they don't have Iman

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

The point is that just because a person believes in a particular faith does not mean they are going to always adhere to all of its tenants. We are all guilty of sin. Yes it is wrong to Gamble, use intoxicants, fornicate etc. If one does indulge in these activities.. does that mean he or she should give up their faith? Of course not! They should continue to follow their way of life the best they can!

DeeWizzle

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to paco.

As for your suggestion about the Qu'ran, I already have.

That is an awful metaphor. All because you ran a red light doesn't mean you going to start raping, robbing, and murdering people. My point is that Islam is very simple in regards to things like alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc. To not be able to resist even those basic temptations is a clear indication how little devotion a person has, seeing as if you grow up Muslim those are the most basic things one learns.

You do realize the ignorance of your statement, right?
    Your response contradicts your original statement. According to you it is all or nothing. If your point is that Islam is very simple, so is being a law abiding citizen. To not be able to resist even those basic temptations, " running a red light " is a clear indication of how little devotion a person has!!!

You cannont start your rant with, " All because you ran a red light doesn't mean you are going to rape, rob, or murder people. Without understanding that even though one may drink or gamble, doesn't mean he/she should throw out every other rule in the book!

paco

I guess Keyboarding is such a "every rule following" Muslim. That's why he's posting on a gambling forum

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Keyboarding do you feel the same way about day traders? or people who invest their own funds in stocks and shares?

There is a prejeduce against people who cap sports, capping sports is not like going all in on the Roulette wheel. If done properly like any other business it can be lucrative but only a small minority will do well just like any other business.

Paco is not an 'evil' man for capping sports, he seems a good guy, works hard and provides for his family.

Its funny how if you say your a trader its respectfull, even if your loosing all your funds they'll say its just the 'market' but if a guy consistantly wins in sports wagering and is good at it they'll still look up to the broke trader who lost everything including his family money on the stocks and see the sports capper as the fool.

DeeWizzle
    I know this is totally off topic but it is simply a metaphor. That's like saying one who is trying to be a law abiding citizen who occasionally runs a red light, accidentally or purposely should throw out every law in the book because they are not perfect... Well I ran a red light today so why not rob a bank, I broke one law so why not brake them all. That is the pure BS! Give he man his props for trying to better himself. Good Luck Paco!

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nicly put Kara , give Pacz a break

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

Kara, you make a strong point.. Hard to disagree with what you said..

odusmykal

Lots of luck to you, paco and mikail.. If it makes you a better person, no one has the right to knock you.. I never read anywhere in this thread where either of you said you were perfect, so i'm not sure why anyone is giving you a hard time.. It doesn't have to be an, all or nothing, but even if it did, a man has to start somewhere..

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

The point is that just because a person believes in a particular faith does not mean they are going to always adhere to all of its tenants. We are all guilty of sin. Yes it is wrong to Gamble, use intoxicants, fornicate etc. If one does indulge in these activities.. does that mean he or she should give up their faith? Of course not! They should continue to follow their way of life the best they can!
    What's the point of saying you have faith if you can't be faithful? That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeWizzle View Post
    According to you it is all or nothing. If your point is that Islam is very simple, so is being a law abiding citizen. To not be able to resist even those basic temptations, " running a red light " is a clear indication of how little devotion a person has!!!

Without understanding that even though one may drink or gamble, doesn't mean he/she should throw out every other rule in the book!
    I don't think you understand the severity of what you're saying. Running a red light, which is a traffic violation, is not comparable to a felony. Just like saying something blasphamous is not comparable to drinking alcohol. If you want to put them on the same level you're talking about extremism, which I'm not condoning.

I guess Keyboarding is such a "every rule following" Muslim. That's why he's posting on a gambling forum
    I've renounced religion because I think it's a fool's pursuit. Do you actually wake up at sunrise and pray, or do you wake up at 8AM and just assume the fast is viable because you haven't eaten anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Karayilan9 View Post
    Paco is not an 'evil' man for capping sports, he seems a good guy, works hard and provides for his family.
    Stock trading is allowed in Islam, if I recall correctly from some things I've read. There are only specific kinds that are allowed.

Just to be clear, I am not calling him evil, I think the very notion of good/evil is idiotic, I'm just finding the applause of blatant hypocrisy in this thread really comedic. You're also ignoring the other major sins he commits regularly, so while I'm sure he's a good guy, I just think any of my Muslim friends would find it offensive that he calls himself Muslim because he's starving himself this month.

DeeWizzle

Well Keys you are most certainly entitled to your opinion. And instead of running around in circles I will just have to agree to disagree. I just think it is uncalled for one to call one out on their religious beliefs/practice or in your opinion lack thereof as if they themselves are superior and not flawed in any way. I realize you did not say you were superior or perfect, but you also said, " I'm just finding the applause of blatant hypocrisy in this thread really comedic ". And I do believe calling one out for not being Perfect in their every aspect of life or religion when not being perfect themselves is blatant hypocrisy.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Keyboarding
    Stock trading is allowed in Islam, if I recall correctly from some things I've read. There are only specific kinds that are allowed.
    The sports betting exchanges these days are built similar to stock exchanges, you can buy, lay and trade. Were not talking about blowing everything going all in on a game of total chance like slots. Serious sports cappers who have strict money management can be sucessfull at this.

Just to be clear, I am not calling him evil, I think the very notion of good/evil is idiotic, I'm just finding the applause of blatant hypocrisy in this thread really comedic. You're also ignoring the other major sins he commits regularly, so while I'm sure he's a good guy, I just think any of my Muslim friends would find it offensive that he calls himself Muslim because he's starving himself this month.
    Nobody is perfect so none of us are really in a position to judge others unless their some murderer or child molesters.

Let the guy be, arguing is pointless, you'll only gain a pyrrhic victory, no need to upset people and mess with their faith

paco

We all have flaws, but Allah is all merciful, as long as u have a clean heart and good intentions, no one can judge u except the almighty himself

paco

Karaliyan

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

I understand that you see it as hypocritical. Well that makes it all the more reason to participate in the Ramadan. To cleanse the soul of sin, make tauba(repent) to Allah, and try to avoid the sinful activities. If I do wrong that is between me and my Allah. It even says in the bible "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keyboarding
    You're also ignoring the other major sins he commits regularly, so while I'm sure he's a good guy, I just think any of my Muslim friends would find it offensive that he calls himself Muslim because he's starving himself this month.
    Nobody should judge whos a good muslim or not, whos a good christian or not etc, leave it to the big dude at the end

paco

Day 4 in the books, 26 more to go

DeeWizzle

Congrats Paco! I am supporting every step of the way! I know it is not an easy task and I commend you for your efforts.

paco

Day 5 comes to a close. I suggest even Non-Muslims try this. I use to smoke a pack/day. But since there is no food, water, smoke till sunset, i am only smoking about 4/day now. Hopefully this will teach me enough self dicipline to quit smoking all together

paco

Day 6 down. Wow, i didnt know i would be able to even do 6. Tap myself on the back

pdx107
    pdx107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1816

good work
    i could stand to do something like this myself at tomes, brake me of bad habits

paco

Quote Originally Posted by pdx107 View Post
    good work
    i could stand to do something like this myself at tomes, brake me of bad habits
    Yes, u should try it. Helped me cut down on smokes. TEaches u lots of self dicipline, and self control.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Peace will be with you soon brother.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Yes, u should try it. Helped me cut down on smokes. TEaches u lots of self dicipline, and self control.
    Alhamdulillah! I am glad to see you are reaping the benifit of this Ramadan akee! May the almighty make it easy for you and all the muslimeen! Ameen.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Mikail 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

paco

Alhamdulillah! I am glad to see you are reaping the benifit of this Ramadan akee! May the almighty make it easy for you and all the muslimeen! Ameen.
    Thank u bro.

odusmykal

Just cutting down from a pack a day to 4 shows great dicipline.. Not even counting all the other sacrafices you're making on a daily basis.. Good luck to you brother..
    Points Awarded:

paco gave odusmykal 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    Muslims can gamble right
    I don't think so man.

They do not gamble in the UAE and they happen to have the richest horse races in the world.

paco

Gambling, Drinking, Pre-marital sex are all forbidden by Islam. But it is hard to abide by those rules in todays world For Me. But I am trying to better myself.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Gambling is Haram(forbidden) but some would argue that sports wagering is not a game of chance, because it takes knowledge and skill. Most scholars in Islam consider all games of chance to be forbidden.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, but those motherfukkin Sheiks love the Western European prostitutes though

odusmykal

Paco, thanks a lot for the point.. It was a kind jesture..

odusmykal

Paco, Mikail, hope all is still going well with Ramadan..
    Points Awarded:

paco gave odusmykal 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 12345 Last