DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 247

Sorry man but it's in my nature
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-27-15 at 01:37 PM. Reason: image does not exist

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1019

f\*\*k u Dwight

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO

Right. Muslims adhere to a strict behavioral code. No gambling, no alchohol, no drugs, women must wear burkas to cover up their flesh. Muslims must pray three times daily and follow the Koran to the letter. I admire their religious convictions and the great pains they take to maintain piety and reverence Allah their God. But you know, it's the cutting people's heads off thing that always throws me for a loop and let's not forget about the ever popular public stoning of women who may, or may not, be guilty of well, does it matter? Ah, someday, I too wish to be closer to God. Salaam alaikum my brothers.

BTP
    Week 12
    4-0-1 1017 pts

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

SJohnson, u r correct on alot but the prayers are 5/day. And the public stoning of adultery is fine with me. The beheadings as honor killings is debateable

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    SJohnson, u r correct on alot but the prayers are 5/day. And the public stoning of adultery is fine with me. The beheadings as honor killings is debateable
    Right.....I'm the same way as you Paco. A little unsure about the beheadings. It's truly up for debate. You know if my sister or daughter dates the wrong guy, I can do one of two things. I can talk to her and express my displeasure or cut her head off, carve out the eyeballs and use it as a lamp. I'd be the envy of everyone at the Mosque I assure you that!

BTP
    Week 12
    4-0-1 1017 pts

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

allah wakbar

paco, you say no water..but what if you get extremely dehydrated and you feel faint, or how about if you take medication and you need your water..i am certain there has to be an exception here..

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    allah wakbar

paco, you say no water..but what if you get extremely dehydrated and you feel faint, or how about if you take medication and you need your water..i am certain there has to be an exception here..
    If u are iLL u r excused from fasting.

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

Swinging Johnson

Where do we find these guys?

This guy Paco is something else. Our conversation in his Ramaadan thread. It's beautiful. We'll start with my response to him.

Right. Muslims adhere to a strict behavioral code. No gambling, no alchohol, no drugs, women must wear burkas to cover up their flesh. Muslims must pray three times daily and follow the Koran to the letter. I admire their religious convictions and the great pains they take to maintain piety and reverence Allah their God. But you know, it's the cutting people's heads off thing that always throws me for a loop and let's not forget about the ever popular public stoning of women who may, or may not, be guilty of well, does it matter? Ah, someday, I too wish to be closer to God. Salaam alaikum my brothers.

BTP
    Week 12
    4-0-1 1017 pts

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Duplicate post

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

DwightShrute

f\*\*k u Dwight

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68

paco good luck now we can see you spell correctly for a month. wow

SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

$$$$$

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    paco good luck now we can see you spell correctly for a month. wow
    Thanx LB

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Day 2 down

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Day 2 down
    What's the point of fasting if you don't actually believe in what the Qu'ran says? Seems hypocritical. A fast is supposed to be spiritual but if you're going to just live a life full of haram, what's the point of fasting at all? You're really just starving yourself, from what I can tell, and calling it a fast to justify your other lifestyle choices.

"Yeah, I drink, gamble, and generally life a very un-Islamic life, but I fast!"

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take me as an example, I'm meant to be a Catholic but personally, I don't go to church on Sundays and according to Catholosism, I am a sinner. Now, if I was the kind of person to say, NOT drink on good Friday and to go to Church on Christmas Day and not any others, I would be considered a hyprocrite in a sense.

To do that, I'm basically choosing the rules I personally wish to follow and not the religion or faith itself. Isn't that in a way what you are doing? Please correct me immediately if I'm wrong but aren't you choosing the aspects of the religion that you wish to follow (be it a holiday or rule) and ignoring the rest?

I do not wish to cause you any offence, merely giving an opinion.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Paco I had an interesting conversation with a Muslim taxi driver from Ethiopia this weekend. Oh man it was hilarious. LOL, all religion.

But you are my pal and I wish you good fortunes in your goals.

Yea, you fasting pro.

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!

To each their own, i guess.. But best of luck with your next 28 days bro..

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes u all are correct, I am not a good practicing Muslim. But u gotta start somewhere. The main reason for Ramadan is to teach self dicipline, maybe it will give me the mind n dicipline to give up my old lifestyle full of sins, such as alcohol.

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeautifulGame View Post
    To do that, I'm basically choosing the rules I personally wish to follow and not the religion or faith itself. Isn't that in a way what you are doing? Please correct me immediately if I'm wrong but aren't you choosing the aspects of the religion that you wish to follow (be it a holiday or rule) and ignoring the rest?

I do not wish to cause you any offence, merely giving an opinion.
    Yeah, I agree with what you're saying. Merely picking and choosing which parts of a religion you want to follow doesn't make you religious. I don't understand why you would be fasting when you don't follow the other very basic, fundamental aspects of Islam; no consumption of anything which influences the mind (drugs, alcohol, etc) and do not gamble. If anyone on a gambling message board claims to be Muslim, they are delusional.

Yes u all are correct, I am not a good practicing Muslim. But u gotta start somewhere. The main reason for Ramadan is to teach self dicipline, maybe it will give me the mind n dicipline to give up my old lifestyle full of sins, such as alcohol.
    Why not just do the P90X? That's way harder than not eating for half the day.

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Keyboard, so ur saying I shouldn't fast bcuz I don't follow the other parts? How fvcken stupid is that? So ur telling me it's all or nothin?

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

jattanz
    jattanz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fasting is a great way to worship the Lord.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Yeah, I agree with what you're saying. Merely picking and choosing which parts of a religion you want to follow doesn't make you religious. I don't understand why you would be fasting when you don't follow the other very basic, fundamental aspects of Islam; no consumption of anything which influences the mind (drugs, alcohol, etc) and do not gamble. If anyone on a gambling message board claims to be Muslim, they are delusional.

I respectfully disagree with this. Just because you commit one sin does not give the green light to do more.If a man is weak in one aspect of his deen(religion) he should work on that, but not just give in to all other desires and say f-ck it. Ramadan is about controlling oness physical self in order to get in touch with you soul more. It reminds you of those less fortunate, and most importantly it is for Allah!!!!

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Well said Michail

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by jattanz View Post
    Fasting is a great way to worship the Lord.
    Makes about as much sense as any other of the bullshit religions.

Religion is the ultimate example man's arrogance. The idea that we MUST know where it all came from, when in fact we have no earthly idea. And even if "it" (the master plan) could somehow be revealed to us, we probably would not have anywhere near the mental capacity to even understand it. But that doesn't stop us from making a bunch of shit up 2,000 years ago (a microscopic measure of time in the grand scale of existence) and then fighting a bunch of wars and battles over who's version is the "truth". We are truly a pathetic and arrogant lot, the human race.

Points Awarded:

MickChunky gave jellobiafra 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

All muslims have a couple of drinks on me

BTP
    Week 11
    3-2-0 321 pts

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I respectfully disagree with this. Just because you commit one sin does not give the green light to do more.If a man is weak in one aspect of his deen(religion) he should work on that, but not just give in to all other desires and say f-ck it. Ramadan is about controlling oness physical self in order to get in touch with you soul more. It reminds you of those less fortunate, and most importantly it is for Allah!!!!
    Ramadan is about a lot, lot more than just not eating and drinking, which is what a lot of pseudo-Muslims do. Starving yourself isn't a sign of discipline at all, unless we consider anorexics disciplined. Fasting involves waking up and praying in the morning, praying throughout the entire day, praying at night, and during the month not engaging in things which are deemed material (television, music, etc).

I know way too many Muslims who fast and think it justifies anything. If you want to show devotion and discipline, read the Qu'ran. That's the best start, reading the words of the religion. Anyone can starve themselves throughout the day, except over-comsuming morons who can't go a day without coffee. Fasting involves so much more than not eating, and I don't see that as being the case here.

I'm not saying it's all or nothing, but from what I can tell, all you are doing is starving yourself and nothing. If you want to tell me that you're using this as a stepping stone into changing your lifestyle into a more Islamic one, I don't buy it. I know too many guys like you, and if you're already so far removed from Islam with your everyday lifestyle, you're a lost cause.

Which isn't a bad thing, as religion is stupid.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

religion= opiate for the masses

jjgold
    Iowa City
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Betpoints: 13

Congrats Paco!!!

BTP
    Week 12
    3-2-0 329 pts

BTP
    Week 11
    4-1-0 655 pts

SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

$$$$$

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Ramadan is about a lot, lot more than just not eating and drinking, which is what a lot of pseudo-Muslims do. Starving yourself isn't a sign of discipline at all, unless we consider anorexics disciplined. Fasting involves waking up and praying in the morning, praying throughout the entire day, praying at night, and during the month not engaging in things which are deemed material (television, music, etc).

I know way too many Muslims who fast and think it justifies anything. If you want to show devotion and discipline, read the Qu'ran. That's the best start, reading the words of the religion. Anyone can starve themselves throughout the day, except over-comsuming morons who can't go a day without coffee. Fasting involves so much more than not eating, and I don't see that as being the case here.

I'm not saying it's all or nothing, but from what I can tell, all you are doing is starving yourself and nothing. If you want to tell me that you're using this as a stepping stone into changing your lifestyle into a more Islamic one, I don't buy it. I know too many guys like you, and if you're already so far removed from Islam with your everyday lifestyle, you're a lost cause.

Which isn't a bad thing, as religion is stupid.
    Of course Ramadan is about more than not eating and drinking. If all a muslim get's out of fasting is a day of hunger, than he/she is wasting their time. How can you say you know so many guys like me? You don't know me! I don't claim to be perfect but I strive and do as best I can. I am a sinner, but that doesn't change my belief or the religion I have accepted as truth. I am a lost cause you say... Maybe you should read the Quran.

DwightShrute

Paco, while in Nicaragua I am torn which beer I should consume plenty of? Feedback would be nice

Name:  nicabeer.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  143.5 KB

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Day 3 finished

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

DwightShrute

Day 3 finished
    you can do it. I did the lemon diet a couple months back. Didn't eat for 20 days but the first 3 days were murder!

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying. Merely picking and choosing which partsof a religion you want to follow doesn't make you religious. I don't understand why you would be fasting when you don't follow the other very basic, fundamental aspects of Islam; no consumption of anything which influences the mind (drugs, alcohol, etc) and do not gamble. If anyone on a gambling message board claims to be Muslim, they are delusional.

I know this is totally off topic but it is simply a metaphor. That's like saying one who is trying to be a law abiding citizen who occasionally runs a red light, accidentally or purposely should throw out every law in the book because they are not perfect... Well I ran a red light today so why not rob a bank, I broke one law so why not brake them all. That is the pure BS! Give he man his props for trying to better himself. Good Luck Paco!

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by DeeWizzle View Post
    I know this is totally off topic but it is simply a metaphor. That's like saying one who is trying to be a law abiding citizen who occasionally runs a red light, accidentally or purposely should throw out every law in the book because they are not perfect... Well I ran a red light today so why not rob a bank, I broke one law so why not brake them all. That is the pure BS! Give he man his props for trying to better himself. Good Luck Paco!
    Thank you!!!

paco
    paco's Avatar SBR PRO

Thx DWizz, I just learned to ignore the ignorance of the posters who say do it all or do nothing.

Savin Lives
    Like a Fuggin
    BOSS 2/13/2016

First 12345 Last