eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

Why is this Romney guy even trying

Just caught up to some political news after the Olympics. So apparently Romney picked a running mate who wanted to cut benefits for seniors. They represent 30% of the population of the largest swing state. Sharp.

Too bad the line dropped to -200. Too much juice to park money until November.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

You Europeans could never understand, but some things are unsustainable. Ryan is a realist. Its unrealistic to maintain the status quo entitlement programs given the larger macro-economic trends. Just be thankful Germany routinely gets suckered in to saving other countries' hides.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

I think you can still find -170 and lower.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    You Europeans could never understand, but some things are unsustainable. Ryan is a realist. Its unrealistic to maintain the status quo entitlement programs given the larger macro-economic trends. Just be thankful Germany routinely gets suckered in to saving other countries' hides.
    Op wasn't bashing, just stating facts..

Some posters way too precious...

PAULYPOKER

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

If you had hella money and wanted free money at 5Dimes you can bet that Obama wins democratic nominee -10400 and romney wins republican nominee -10400...

free money

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

<< red herring >>

Ryan's plan would NOT cut anyone's SS who is over 55yo

eleuropeano

1. To change anything you need to win the election.

2. What's unsustainable in Europe is Meditteranean people enjoying a lavish lifestyle without work. I'm all against that. However, obviously there are examples, like Germany which you mentioned, where the country can sustainably take care of its senior citizens. So the Club Med will either become more like Germany or more like Moldova (dirt poor). But that's a different story.

My point was about a guy trying to win an election.

eleuropeano

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    If you had hella money and wanted free money at 5Dimes you can bet that Obama wins democratic nominee -10400 and romney wins republican nominee -10400...

free money
    If I had hella money, I wouldn't put them in an offshore book for 3 months.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

As opposed to Obama who cut 700 billion from medicare?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

romney just as dumb as his stupid fukkin wife

broad is a fukkin airhead

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i wouldnt bet on elections until i know the weather forecast

Carseller4

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    romney just as dumb as his stupid fukkin wife

broad is a fukkin airhead
    At least she doesn't care what I eat like the bittch we have now.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post

As opposed to Obama who cut 700 billion from medicare?

Blind Libs will not tough ^ that ^

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    << red herring >>

Ryan's plan would NOT cut anyone's SS who is over 55yo
    why would liberals let the facts get in the way

Carseller4

"Michelle has told me I cannot have a fried twinkie."

Our dumbass in chief said this TODAY.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...d_twinkie.html

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

CS4....since your white trash I do not see why you would back a guy who hates lower class trash

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Democrats and blacks will vote for Obama.

Repulicans will vote for Romney.

Why are they wasting 6 billion dollars on this election?

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

line is up to -174 at pinnacle for democrats to win in November, it was -130 2 months ago

imo democrats are a lock, no ifs, ands or buts about

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    line is up to -174 at pinnacle for democrats to win in November, it was -130 2 months ago

imo democrats are a lock, no ifs, ands or buts about
    yup, its never happened that a -174 favorite has lost in betting history

PAULYPOKER

High3rEl3m3nt

Germany's population is around 80 million and it is estimated that one-third of its population will be seniors in 2050.

The United States' population is around 300 million and it is estimated that 20% of our population with be seniors in 2050.

Germany's expected population in 2050 will be just under 71 million , while the U.S.'s population is expected to be 475 million.

Do you see the unique circumstances that prevent European models and understanding, applying to our country's unique set of issues? Ryan is a realist and anyone not willing to address our issues head-on is only delaying and worsening our country's future. Though, you're not addressing it, think about how much more expensive public health care will be in our country, compared to any European country.

High3rEl3m3nt

Also, many of the population estimates were made before legislation, offering sanctuary to illegal immigrants, was passed. Encouraged illegal immigration and the inability to do anything about it could add to our actual population estimates in 2050...

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Obviously you think he ~30% chance if you believe in -200/+200 or better, converted to implied probability. Now you think a 30% chance to win the presidency of the United States is to slim a chance to even give it a go? You must never take any worthwhile risks in your life if you only try things with 31%+ implied probability.Sheesh.

eleuropeano

Well, then it probably would have been better to keep this guy in congress where he could affect the budget like he works so hard to, then trying to bring him to a VP position and put him in the spotlight for which he has little experience. I just feel like the Obama/Biden vs. Romney/Ryan debates will be like a 1 on 1 basketball between Jordan vs Danny de Vito.

I am not saying it's a good thing Obama will win. All I was saying was, for good or for bad, politics is a game and you have to play it properly if you want to win.

eleuropeano

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Obviously you think he ~30% chance if you believe in -200/+200 or better, converted to implied probability. Now you think a 30% chance to win the presidency of the United States is to slim a chance to even give it a go? You must never take any worthwhile risks in your life if you only try things with 31%+ implied probability.Sheesh.
    Obviously if the election was tomorrow I would bet it, but it is in 3 months and I think I can find something better to do with the money with football (both kinds) season coming up.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by eleuropeano View Post
    Just caught up to some political news after the Olympics. So apparently Romney picked a running mate who wanted to cut benefits for seniors. They represent 30% of the population of the largest swing state. Sharp.

Too bad the line dropped to -200. Too much juice to park money until November.
    You're sharp. It is a sure thing in your book but -200 is too much juice? It is a guaranteed 50% return on your investment in your eyes and you say no?

DwightShrute

[QUOTE=eleuropeano;15655766I just feel like the Obama/Biden vs. Romney/Ryan debates will be like a 1 on 1 basketball between Jordan vs Danny de Vito..[/QUOTE]

great analogy. Those debates will really give Romney the presidency. Obama can't run on his record and all Romney needs to do point out the 16 trillion, Obama lies and how electing a inexperienced community organizer blew up in everyone's face. As far a Biden and Ryan go, that debate will be so embarrassing for the Democrats. I wouldn't be surprised in Biden called in sick that day

eleuropeano

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    I think I misread your post before. You were talking about Romney. I guess what I was trying to say is that I think with Obama's record and the state of the economy, the republican chances should be better than 30%. Obv Romney is not doing something properly.

eleuropeano

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    You're sharp. It is a sure thing in your book but -200 is too much juice? It is a guaranteed 50% return on your investment in your eyes and you say no?
    Go back and read what I said in the post just before yours.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    great analogy. Those debates will really give Romney the presidency. Obama can't run on his record and all Romney needs to do point out the 16 trillion, Obama lies and how electing a inexperienced community organizer blew up in everyone's face. As far a Biden and Ryan go, that debate will be so embarrassing for the Democrats. I wouldn't be surprised in Biden called in sick that day
    I cannot wait for Ryan to destroy Biden.

eleuropeano

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    See, that is exactly what I mean when I say politics is a game. All of the things you say are true. But Obama will be saying Mitt the rich guys, only cares about the 1%, raise taxes for the middle class, cut benefits for the weakest members of society, only cares about the 1%, where's the tax returns Mitt, and will carry that song all the way to the presidency. Like he carried the change and yes we can song 4 years ago.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by eleuropeano View Post
    Obama will be saying Mitt the rich guys, only cares about the 1%, raise taxes for the middle class, cut benefits for the weakest members of society, only cares about the 1%,
    good I hope he does because it simply isn't true. No one really believes that and if they do, they are hopeless and without too much of the grey stuff between their ears. Right now the TV ads are despicable and the more lies they air the more ammo Romney and Ryan will have in the debates. It will be a slaughter.

The only hope Obama has is if he kills Osama Bin Laden a couple days before the election. Wait ... nevermind.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 08-13-12 at 04:33 PM.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Fact: Ryan paid for college on Social Security survivor benefits.

Fact: Ryan has worked in Washington D.C. since his early twenties with a small break to work for the family business.

1234 Last