PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    If you stop and look at what got us into this mess in the 1st place, was it 911? Laden knew hitting those
    world trade centers would hurt the worlds financial system. Worked.

Going to 2 wars with no way to pay? Giving people homes they can't pay for during a housing run?
    Giving tax breaks? Housing collapses, massive layoffs?

The economy picked up when we left Iraq, will it pick up when we leave Afghanistan?

Point is, the govt got us into this mess, get us the fck out!

Facts are facts, 'bama has clawed us out from the brink, into positive territory mostly
    with out the help of the Repubs. It would be better to stay with someone who has a plan
    than a Mormon moron who screws up every word out of his mouth.
    ^The world trade centers were losing tons of money for NY port authority, due to the internet based trading,fact...........

This is why they made the deal with Larry Silverstein to lease them 3 months before attacks.......fact

Silverstein immediately purchased insurance policies for specifically "terrorist attacks"............fact

Silverstein collected around 7 billion(twice the damage) along with the rights to rebuild on ground zero......fact

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

America may have seen its last white president.

Once you go black... There's no turning back.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I'm trying to put a big bet in on Obama to win the election.

I don't like him but I know he is going to win.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Wish we had Ron Paul on the ballot

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    He said a lot of things in 2007 John. Also 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and still to this day. Yet, some people still believe him

Not much longer let's hope
    Dwight you're a costa rican Canadian.. What in the fukk are you talking about??

"let's hope"

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

One of your better well thought out posts King. Good job.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I'm trying to put a big bet in on Obama to win the election.

I don't like him but I know he is going to win.
    Romney leads Obama, 49 percent to 44 percent, in the general election matchup. That nearly mirrors the result on who voters say they trust more to handle the economy. Romney leads there 49-43.

stevenash

Obama Has An Absolutely Miserable Approval Rating Among Business Owners

Business owners are now the group of the workforce most disapproving of
    President Barack Obama

according to a new poll from Gallup this morning

Fifty-nine percent of business owners disapprove of the job he is doing, and his
    approval rating has plunged to just 35 percent among the group. Obama's approval rating among business owners has fallen 6 points in the second quarter of the year.

The Gallup poll measures a three-month period and was taken before presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney began hammering Obama on his "you didn't build that" comment from a July speech. More likely, it's an indicator of the backlash from sluggish economic growth in the second quarter of 2012.
    The poll's findings are similar to a May Gallup poll, which said that business owners preferred Romney as their choice for president by an astounding 20 percent margin.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Oh come on there are better thinks to do at this time then debate stupid political post. How about picking a play on the Portland Timbers vs Chivas? Let's not beat each other up over the left and right. We both have at least one thing in common and that is action!

stevenash

^
    How about bed time, I got work at 6am.

p.s. hope that link I gave you works out.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Focusing on punishing the rich and businesses is not the answer. We need them to invest. They are the answer to reviving the economy. The more you take from them the less they invest.
    First, I disagree with Obama. I think the tax rate should go up for EVERYONE, including myself and trust me I don't clear 250K a year. Second, I don't see raising taxes a few % on people as PUNISHMENT I see it as paying for the shit we wanted. We wanted (by a majority) two wars and the Bush tax cuts. As well as an "out of the blue refund." After Bush took office I got a check for $600 or $1200 (can't remember) and I thought "what the heck? We're in debt shouldn't this be used to pay down the debt?" I cashed the check, probably should have sent it back. I certainly didn't NEED it. Shit like that and the wars costs money... a lot of money. To pretend now that the reason we're in debt is due to a bunch of lazy people living the high life off welfare is just complete and utter bull shit. Third, to think that people will stop investing because their tax rate went from 35% to 39% is just nonsense. People with money will always be looking for a way to make money with their money. As I stated above if a few folks want to stuff their cash in their mattresses and make 0% on it then let them. I'll bet the number of people who choose that option will be nil. The tax rate on the top earners used to be well over 50% and we seemed to survive just fine, prospered even.

People bitch that Obama ran up trillions of dollars in debt. A lot of that, probably a majority of that, was the cost of two wars we borrowed money to fight. The check's come due and it's time for our generation to step up and pay for what we spent.

It's time to stop pretending we're so put out by having to cough up a few bucks to right our financial ship. Shit the generation before me fought and won WWII by cutting back, dealing with rations, and working 6 12 hours a shifts a week.. if they were lucky. The people who gave the most found themselves being shot at day and night by the Japanese or the Germans in towns they couldn't pronounce in places they never heard of before. Surely we can give up a few dinners out or take the bus instead of diving while we get our shit back in order.
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 07-28-12 at 11:05 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Tully Mars stop using common sense around here..

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Raising taxes on anyone will destroy the economy. You dont raise it in a recession period!!!!

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Nobody who takes the risk involved with creating a small business owes the government anything. The road being there before the business or the internet being there before the website has nothing to do with the risk associated with starting something from the ground up. You think John Walker thanks the government for helping to build this site? You think ideas come from government for creating small businesses or hiring employees or lawyers or accountants to manage the risk involved? Jesus, talk about confused.
    Of course ideas come from government. Who do you think gives researchers grants to conduct experiments? The government. Who do you think created the internet? The military. Who do you think discovered the mind control tactics that turned you and opie into tools? The government!

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Raising taxes on anyone will destroy the economy. You dont raise it in a recession period!!!!
    And later you will have another reason why we shouldn't pay up. We let Bush, Clinton and now Obama run up the CC. We keep re-electing congress members who bring home pork and run the bill up more. Folks bitch about pork but rarely their pork. It's the pork in another district, another county and another states that's the problem. Bull shit. It's ALL part of the problem and it needs to stop and we need to start paying off the debt. Now's as good a time as any because it isn't getting any smaller.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave Tully Mars 63 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Romney is to much like Bush he is a criminal put this guy in office he does what he can to make his buddy;s and himself richer. Not a fan of Obama he is a scammer but at the time of the last election we needed that. Bush left us a mess.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

It will never be the right time and the first steps are always the hardest.

First ... 5678