opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Can't you at least draw the line on automatic weapons? There's is no need for people walking around with AK-47's.

Have you seen the hoops you have to jump through to even begin the process of obtaining an automatic license?? Its amazingly difficult. I looked at just the first few pages of the application, and there's no way I was going thru all that hassle. I imagine all but the most hardcore gun enthusiasts would feel the same as I did. You can't just walk into a gun shop and buy an Uzi. It doesn't work like that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Jbaby97
    Jbaby97's Avatar Become A Pro!

wait a few more hours and all will come back that he was bullied earlier in life. Give me a ******* break on the bullying bullshit, evryday thats the excuse.....get over it if you were. Life goes on. Don't let somone else ruin your life

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by stuntin909 View Post
    People saying gun control is the reason are morons.

Strict gun laws = people who really wanna kill people will pay any price to get a gun and will eventual acquire one. Everyone else will be unarmed.

Lenient gun laws = a lot of people will have guns for self defense and protection. Might deter people from acting a stupid
    Very naive way of looking at it.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    You guys are arguing with a 3 time bush voting born with a silver spoon in his mouth blonde haired twink.
    Its useless.
    Bring something of substance to the table regarding this discussion, or STFU
    Thank you in advance.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Did the survivors get refunds for their movie tickets?

I bet some sick fukks will put their ticket stubs on ebay.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

liberal scumbags

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

people arguing about gun laws are ignorant. california has one of the strictest gun laws in this country and people still get shot everyday. if psychos and criminals want to get their hands on firearms, they will do it regardless. gun control only hurt the civilians that are trying to protect themselves from these psychos and criminals, not the other way around. c'mon people, think for a second...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Batman comic from 1986:

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    people arguing about gun laws are ignorant. california has one of the strictest gun laws in this country and people still get shot everyday. if psychos and criminals want to get their hands on firearms, they will do it regardless. gun control only hurt the civilians that are trying to protect themselves from these psychos and criminals, not the other way around. c'mon people, think for a second...
    NYC has the toughest laws regarding guns too. Just ask Plaxico.
    Doesn't deter the nuts in NYC either.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Police just said 12 killed. 59 injured. That's 71 total physical victims of the shooting.

Numerous people remain in critical condition, 8 people have been released to go home from hospital.

Shooter had two .40 cal glocks, a Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun and an AR 15

WvGambler

For those who aren't gun guys, those are nasty weapons. The Remington 870 is a pump 12 gauge shotgun that is capable of destroying any living thing....and in very violent fashion.

The AR 15 is a rifle used a lot by NATO that is also used to hunt medium sized game like deer. It is a high powered rifle.

The glock 40's are standard police caliber handguns. Very lethal.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Have you seen the hoops you have to jump through to even begin the process of obtaining an automatic license?? Its amazingly difficult. I looked at just the first few pages of the application, and there's no way I was going thru all that hassle. I imagine all but the most hardcore gun enthusiasts would feel the same as I did. You can't just walk into a gun shop and buy an Uzi. It doesn't work like that.
    Opie is right the permission to own fully automatic weapons is hard as hell to obtain...

I haven't read up on this all that much but was is it know that it was a fully automatic AK-47 and if so was it legally owned? As long as you aren't in a restricted state or banned for committing a felony or whatever almost anyone can get a semi-auto assault rifle and convert them yourselves but obviously not legally...

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

If guns were outlawed only outlaws would have guns.

WvGambler

None of those weapons are illegal or difficult to obtain. None of them are automatic.

I have an AR 15, a Rem 870 and a Glock .45 and got each at a local Cabelas. Purchase took about 35 minutes. I will argue for gun rights til I die....but it does seem crazy when I think about how easy I was able to buy these exact weapons. Chilling.
    Points Awarded:

King Mayan gave WvGambler 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I am a concealed carry holder. I have a gun on me at all times, mainly because of my job duties and past job duties. I won't argue with you guys who disagree with it, because there are pros and obvious cons.

My only concern is that if guns were outlawed, it would mean that only criminals with bad intent would have guns. This scumbag would have been armed regardless of the law. He wouldn't have NOT murdered people because the law wouldn't let him carry a gun.

It's just so sad that this could happen, and that there were kids involved....anyone involved for that matter.
    you make a law where u get put to death if u get caught using a gun and that ends that threat

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    you make a law where u get put to death if u get caught using a gun and that ends that threat
    That could not be further from true. I understand your point....but it's just not true.

Thor4140

Lets call a duck a duck here. The reason u can get these killing machines is because Bush let the assault weapon ban expire and didn't do shit to extend it just it to appease the NRA and the jackasses the NRA manipulates each and every day. The ones who stroke the barrels of their guns when they go to bed. It is amazing that this stuff doesn't happen more. The Bush legacy lives on

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    None of those weapons are illegal or difficult to obtain. None of them are automatic.

I have an AR 15, a Rem 870 and a Glock .45 and got each at a local Cabelas. Purchase took about 35 minutes. I will argue for gun rights til I die....but it does seem crazy when I think about how easy I was able to buy these exact weapons. Chilling.
    100% right. AK's are simply assault rifles. They're not a full auto. While they can be easily converted to fully automatic, thats not the way they're built.

Why do you find it crazy that you could buy your gun that easily at a licensed, reputable dealer? You clearly passed the background check I guarantee they ran on you. You're a law abiding citizen. You paid for them. What else should happen?

I would find it crazy if a guy like you couldn't buy a gun that easily.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

you ignorant ****. there's a three strike law in california, that doesn't deter criminals from committing crimes after their second strike. once you get held at gunpoint at your home, you will realize the importance of possessing firearms to protect your family and your home. until then, you will keep on spewing nonsense in your one bedroom apartment.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    If this guy had been non-white, this thread would look very different. It'd be 90% off day at the SBR klan rally.

Instead of it becoming an NRA PR statement like it is, it'd be a discussion of how this persons racial culture breeds "animals" and how it's acceptable in "their" world.

A cross cultural embracing of violence (games/movies/tv/news) plus easy access to guns. Add into it some mental illness, and this is the by-product. It's horrific and my heart breaks for those people affected.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Mayan.........do you receive google alerts when the words "white", "mexican", and "obama" are posted at SBR?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I may come off as being a bit insensitive but why in the fukk did no one bum rush this clown? I have a fukkin shot at him from behind, the mother fukker is going down. Someone has to step up.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I may come off as being a bit insensitive but why in the fukk did no one bum rush this clown? I have a fukkin shot at him from behind, the mother fukker is going down. Someone has to step up.
    Probably all in shock.

Thor4140

you wouldn't have done dick. dont worry im sure there are more gun nuts like you to explain how if they were there they would have been carrying their hand gun and saved the day by shielding their face from the tear gas and shooting down the guy who was wielding a rifle and had a bullet proof vest on.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Probably all in shock.
    Possibly. Tear gas maybe as well. Guy is a fukkin animal.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    you ignorant ****. there's a three strike law in california, that doesn't deter criminals from committing crimes after their second strike. once you get held at gunpoint at your home, you will realize the importance of possessing firearms to protect your family and your home. until then, you will keep on spewing nonsense in your one bedroom apartment.
    1 strike in my world cowboy and i have had a gun pulled on me.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    100% right. AK's are simply assault rifles. They're not a full auto. While they can be easily converted to fully automatic, thats not the way they're built.

Why do you find it crazy that you could buy your gun that easily at a licensed, reputable dealer? You clearly passed the background check I guarantee they ran on you. You're a law abiding citizen. You paid for them. What else should happen?

I would find it crazy if a guy like you couldn't buy a gun that easily.
    I don't know Op. Just a weird feeling I guess. I am a law abiding citizen and own MANY guns, all legally. I thank god or whatever that I am allowed to own these guns, and will never be convinced that I shouldn't own them.

That said, it is still sad to me to know that the exact weapons that were used today are sitting in a safe in my house right now. I guess I still have that necessary fear/respect of firearms. I wish they weren't something that were needed, but I'm not foolish enough to think otherwise. Therefore I luckily have them. This whole situation has hit me because I wanted to take my 5 year old to the midnight showing here in town last night. My wife said a movie theatre at midnight isn't a good place for a 5 year old so we didn't go. Now I gotta listen to her jabbering tonight.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

says the slow fat guy.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    If this guy had been non-white, this thread would look very different. It'd be 90% off day at the SBR klan rally.

dude we should organize an SBR klan rallly! Or maybe have a thread that is a "virtual" klan rally!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

1 strike in my world cowboy and i have had a gun pulled on me.
    too bad he didn't pull the trigger.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Sure you would. You've never been in that type of situation before. Your instincts kick in and you're probably running faster than youve ran in your entire life.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

The M16 and AR-15 are basically the same gun. The only difference is the M16 has select fire while the AR-15 is semi-automatic only.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Studies have proven that capital punishment has zero deterent value. The potential application of a death penalty does not affect the twisted calculus of the psychotic mind. I would personally favor stronger gun control but I don't think that this is the way.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I can't wait to hear what the defense lawyer this clown gets tries to get him off with.

Insanity sure, but he knew what he was doing

WvGambler

Yea. Probably 10 guys dressed up like Batman in the theatre....yet not a Batman to be found.

First ... 2345678 ... Last