Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Maybe we should ban guns and create another black market niche. It will be good for corporate prisons, as well as the forprofit justice system. Like the drug war and alcohol prohibition of the 30's it won't work, and in the long run create more violence than it prevents. I mean, guns are illegal in Chicago, have you looked at the murder rate in Chicago this year? Maybe you should.
    what is it in Rockford?

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Look at this freaking coward of a father. Now, I stated this earlier. Who takes a 4 month old to a blasted movie at midnight? Also a 4 year old?

Anyway, this POS bolts on his kids and girlfriend because he "lost track of his son" the 4 month old. I'm sorry, but you are not a man.

To be clear, no one deserved to by in this situation.

Couple gets engaged after surviving Colorado massacre
    Boyfriend pops question at hosp
    By PEDRO OLIVEIRA JR.
    Last Updated: 6:17 AM, July 22, 2012
    Posted: 11:25 PM, July 21, 2012
    Tweet
    Share on emailShare on facebookMore Sharing ServicesMore Print
    For 10 excruciating minutes, Jamie Rohrs did not know if his girlfriend and their two children were alive or dead.
    When they were finally reunited, his next move was crystal clear.
    “He just looked at me and he said, ‘I know this is not the time and place, but will you marry me?’ ” his girlfriend, Patricia Legaretta, 25, told CNN.
    “And I said, ‘Yes.’ ”
    Rohrs, 25, first considered watching the premiere of “The Dark Knight Rises” from the front row of the suburban Aurora, Colo., multiplex, but he changed his mind and settled toward the back with Legaretta, her daughter, Azariah, 4, and the couple’s son, Ethan, 4 months.

PHOTOS: AP
    GLAD TO BE ALIVE: Patricia Legaretta, Jamie Rohrs and son Ethan (above) narrowly escaped death at the Aurora movie theater massacre Friday morning.

AP

Fifteen minutes into the movie, cops say, madman James Eagan Holmes, 24, opened fire from the theater’s front entrance — and Rohrs’ life turned upside down.
    He lost track of his infant son in the chaos that erupted but managed to get himself out. And for what seemed like an eternity, he thought his entire family had been murdered by the deranged shooter.
    “My son’s still in there,” he told ABC News. “My girlfriend is still in there. I’m out here. Who leaves their child there?”
    He said he was worried that if he went back inside and was killed, that his kids could become “orphans with no parents.”
    “I’m going to call 911 and trying to call Patricia and it’s just ringing, and every time it rings I’m like, ‘They’re dead, they’re dead, your whole family is dead,’ ” he told CNN.
    Inside, Legaretta tried desperately to shield her daughter from the bullets flying everywhere. Then she saw the sliver of an opportunity.
    “There was a moment where the shooting stopped and I saw people running, and at that moment I just grabbed the baby and I just grabbed my daughter and got her out as fast as I could,” Legaretta said.
    “I was just thinking we’ve just got to get out. I just got to get out the doors and if I just fall dead, just get my kid out of here.”
    But Legaretta, who suffered a minor shrapnel injury to her leg, was struggling.
    That’s when another survivor, Jarell Brooks, 19, saw the frightened mother and didn’t think twice about what to do next.
    “I made sure they got in the aisle and pushed behind her to make sure she got out of there,” the young hero — who was shot in the leg in the process — told ABC News.
    Meanwhile Rohrs experienced the longest 10 minutes of his life.
    “I couldn’t think,” he said. “I got a phone call from a Colorado number and I answered it and thank God it was Patricia.”
    He popped the question once the couple was reunited at the hospital. “I’m ecstatic, extremely excited, but at the same time, you have this tragedy, this sadness hanging over,” Patricia Legaretta told “Good Morning America.”
    pedro.oliveira@nypost.com
    We recommend

'Dark Knight Rises' massacre suspect James Holmes looked for kinky sex partners on AdultFriendFinder.com (National News)
    NY woman killed as tire blows out on Thruway (Local News)
    Katie Holmes made cunning escape after discovering secret Scientology indoctrination for Suri (National News)
    Five dead, three injured after SUV flipped over and burst into flames in Queens (Local News)
    Best for Yanks to target D’backs star in offseason, rather than on deadline (Sports)
    President's 'Bain' there, too: Obama supporters also led bad private-equity deals (Business)
    From around the web

New Demi Moore Photos (StyleBistro)
    Psoriatic Arthritis: A Solution Might be Near (Chicago Tribune)
    These 4 Things Happen Right Before a Heart Attack (Newsmax.com)
    5 Worst Mistakes Women Make in Bed (MyDailyMoment)
    Gender Benders: 15 Actors Who Play Gay But Really Are Straight or Vice Versa (Are Their Roles Believable?) (Styleblazer)
    The Most-Spoiled Children in the U.S. Live in… (Women&Co.)
    [what's this]

Comments

Get NEW YORK POST Emails & Alerts

By clicking ‘SIGN-UP’ you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy
    Today in Pictures

More in Photos
    Click on Each Photo
    Video

More in Videos
    News Gossip Sports Weird Entertainment

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz21NNTHqfu

Sounds like something my dad would do.

I saw that couple on ABC news they were being interviewed the very next morning and the guy was breaking down like crazy. I was wondering what was happening. That explains it.....he had his throw back Denver Broncos hat on.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Rockford: 21 (our index is also incredibly high)
    Chicago: over 300 (haven't checked in a while though, so it might me like 30 or 40 more)

But Arch....you must know that most of Rockford's crime problem stems directly from Chicago, right? Even saw an MSNBC special about a drug dealer who was running some operation in Chicago and migrated to Rockford because of the heat he was under. Doesn't change the fact that Chicago's gun law has not curbed murders.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yeah i'm not a fan of the ban....

but what year did they start it?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Instead of turning the argument into something else why don't we ask one simple question:

If you yourself planned on committing a crime in a fairly public/occupied location, would you,

A) Do so in a location which allowed citizens to be easily armed and ready
    B) Find a location where guns were not allowed to be carried

Even if Anti-Gun, if you answer B then you are at least aware of the benefits and/or deep down even in support of citizens being able to carry; you are merely against criminals like the rest of us - unfortunately, you just wont allow yourself to admit it because you're too obsessed with fanatical utopian dreams or talking points delivered by those you hold as some kind of dear leaders. It's the simple laws of nature and common sense, and no amount of wishful thinking can ever reverse it.

Civilian Guns = Huge Deterrent. No Guns = No/Limited Deterrent.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

chicago murders by year the last 20 years
    1991: 927
    1992: 943
    1993: 931
    1994: 929
    1995: 827
    1996: 789
    1997: 759
    1998: 704
    1999: 641
    2000: 628
    2001: 666
    2002: 647
    2003: 598
    2004: 448
    2005: 449
    2006: 467
    2007: 442
    2008: 510
    2009: 458
    2010: 449
    2011: 440

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Sounds like something my dad would do.

I saw that couple on ABC news they were being interviewed the very next morning and the guy was breaking down like crazy. I was wondering what was happening. That explains it.....he had his throw back Denver Broncos hat on.
    Then he asked her to marry him? After completely abandoning her and the 2 small kids in the theater to die?

Good timing

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    And yet, covering it this way = bad for sensational journalism and knee-jerk ratings.

Sadly, I had no idea this was the case. That's great to see Arch.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

yeah i'm not a fan of the ban....

but what year did they start it?
    1981-82 I think?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    1981-82 I think?
    Bingo, doesn't matter though. Not the topic anyway.

Thought this was interesting...copy and pasted from an online article comments section, immigrant from another country with strict gun laws:

I lived in a country where guns are banned for all citizens. What happens is that only the criminals get them. They know they will find NO resistance when they break into a home or approach someone. Gun control is probably the least effective way of stopping crime. If a person knows his intended victim is armed, it is doubtful he will attempt a crime. So let's say the US makes the stupid move to ban all guns by private citizens. The outcome will be that no criminal is going to turn in his/her gun. That will most likely result in higher crime taking place. Second, it will give our government the opportunity to finally disarm the public leaving them vulnerable to a tyrannical government. Is that what Americans want? To return to before 1776?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

CB, you are hilarious! I mean I'm pro gun in general. But it is odd how you totally want to dismiss possibly applicable statistics in a large city where guns are banned as "off-topic" but you then instantly go on to argue the flip side of that "gun bans make criminals feel safe and bold" argument with vague multiple choice questions of what would you feel "IF" you were a criminal and a anecdotal quote.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

CB, you are hilarious! I mean I'm pro gun in general. But it is odd how you totally want to dismiss possibly applicable statistics in a large city where guns are banned as "off-topic" but you then instantly go on to argue the flip side of that "gun bans make criminals feel safe and bold" argument with vague multiple choice questions of what would you feel "IF" you were a criminal and a anecdotal quote.
    Hey bi-Archie....don't be bringing your libtard statistics in here, pal.

You keep those and your hobbit feet far, far away from this place.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Then he asked her to marry him? After completely abandoning her and the 2 small kids in the theater to die?

Good timing
    And a 19 year old kid took a bullet to the leg trying to save her and the kids. Her boyfriend was already in the damn car, driving off, and a young guy was saving her. What a complete tool that guy is. He should be pretty ashamed of his actions

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Yeah, he told me to look into Chicago and when the data actually goes against his point it is "not the topic anyway".

And then he posts an unnamed author referencing an unknown location talking about the kind of nonsense you see on the Simpsons. Because that's right back on topic, right?

I don't actually give a fukk either way. Nothing is going to change and I don't live there. It's just stupid how blindly people are defending how easy it was for Holmes to do what he did.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Yeah, he told me to look into Chicago and when the data actually goes against his point it is "not the topic anyway".

And now we've got an unnamed author referencing an unknown location talking about the kind of nonsense you see on the Simpsons.
    Simpsons? I need those Canadian drugs. White boy in Aurora not exactly the same thing as gangstas from the south side. Chicago doesn't matter, but is over 300+ now so my guess is they fly over 440.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Instead of turning the argument into something else why don't we ask one simple question:

If you yourself planned on committing a crime in a fairly public/occupied location, would you,

A) Do so in a location which allowed citizens to be easily armed and ready
    B) Find a location where guns were not allowed to be carried

Even if Anti-Gun, if you answer B then you are at least aware of the benefits and/or deep down even in support of citizens being able to carry; you are merely against criminals like the rest of us - unfortunately, you just wont allow yourself to admit it because you're too obsessed with fanatical utopian dreams or talking points delivered by those you hold as some kind of dear leaders. It's the simple laws of nature and common sense, and no amount of wishful thinking can ever reverse it.

Civilian Guns = Huge Deterrent. No Guns = No/Limited Deterrent.
    And, no one responded to this. Wonder why.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3436

Everything about this is obviously extremely sad and disturbing. What intrigues me about it is what would motivate an individual to do something this heinous. I'm sure this has already been covered in this thread but James Holmes had an interest in Temporal Illusions that can allow a person(in his mind anyway) to change the past:
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 07-22-12 at 10:01 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

guy must have gotten made fun of for how big his shirt was

strategy games

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

I don't know if he's "crazy", but "normal" people don't do what he did. I'd be a little worried about anyone who thinks a normal person could do that. He's evil and/or ill.
    You'd be surprised what normal people can do. Even you. If the conditions for extreme actions are there...
    You seem to have a very innocent and idealistic view of human behaviour.

He's evil? Was he evil before he first decided to plan this? Was he evil when he was born? If not, when did he become evil? What is evil anyways? Got an answer for this? Let's say you have a definition of evil. Why should yours be universally accepted and not mine or someone else's? I think evil is a man-made construct that has no life outside human memes.

And it's funny, how politicians (even in developed countries), responsible for hundreds or thousands of deaths, are always considered "normal" - by those who would proclaim any lone gunman "crazy" in a heartbeat.
    I guess, since he hasn't killed 1000+, he can't be promoted to "normal" just yet...
    Last edited by Pinocchio; 07-22-12 at 11:21 PM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Glad the gunman is truly stupid. Movie theaters is dark and the tear gas made it harder to see. There was no way for the gunman to aim accurately. Less casualties, thanks to his stupidity.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

In the video he seems like a nice normal kid, mustve spent too many years tailing Brock and finally had enough

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

The numbers coming out of Chicago are atrocious. You can ban guns through Illinois and it would have zero impact on crime.
    Attached Images  

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

why does it say "chicago does NOT report stats for rape"??

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Seems that John Holmes didn't have any criminal record of any kind either.
    Who the f is John holmes

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

How sad... And brock still gambles when will he shoot up his local pizzeria.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Actually murders went up 41 percent, compared to an 18 percent rise in the entire United States in the decade after it outlawed handguns in 1982. I was reading an article in Time magazine about crime going down since the 90's. Part of the reason for the decrease in crime is due to the fact that several major cities have made it an initiative to stop gang violence (Chicago included).

Another thing too is that the median age has gone up. The median age in 1990, near the peak of the crime wave, was 32. A decade later, it was over 35. Today, it is 36-plus. (It is also true that today's young men are less prone to crime. The juvenile crime rate in 2007, the most recent available, was the lowest in at least a generation.)

One fact that you did not bring up from the wikipedia site that you copied these statistics from is that even though there is gun control in this city, 75% of murders involved a firearm in 2005. Over 75% of victims and 88% of offenders had a prior arrest history.

No matter how you cut it, guns still find a way to get to the wrong people.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Who the f is John holmes
    Porno superstar from the 70's and 80's, dead now from AIDS.
    He was hung like a mule, did famous scenes with Traci Lords.
    (so I am told)

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Who the f is John holmes
    I thought that was his name??

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

The actor who played Batman, Christian Bale visited the memorial and victims yesterday in Aurora.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    You'd be surprised what normal people can do. Even you. If the conditions for extreme actions are there...
    You seem to have a very innocent and idealistic view of human behaviour.

He's evil? Was he evil before he first decided to plan this? Was he evil when he was born? If not, when did he become evil? What is evil anyways? Got an answer for this? Let's say you have a definition of evil. Why should yours be universally accepted and not mine or someone else's? I think evil is a man-made construct that has no life outside human memes.

And it's funny, how politicians (even in developed countries), responsible for hundreds or thousands of deaths, are always considered "normal" - by those who would proclaim any lone gunman "crazy" in a heartbeat.
    I guess, since he hasn't killed 1000+, he can't be promoted to "normal" just yet...
    How bout you just shut the fukk up? You sound like one of those dirty "occupy" broke dick fukks that think they matter......even a little bit.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Porno superstar from the 70's and 80's, dead now from AIDS.
    He was hung like a mule, did famous scenes with Traci Lords.
    (so I am told)
    Oh ok d2bets saying no criminal record

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

First ... 11121314