No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    If this guy had been non-white, this thread would look very different. It'd be 90% off day at the SBR klan rally.

Instead of it becoming an NRA PR statement like it is, it'd be a discussion of how this persons racial culture breeds "animals" and how it's acceptable in "their" world.

A cross cultural embracing of violence (games/movies/tv/news) plus easy access to guns. Add into it some mental illness, and this is the by-product. It's horrific and my heart breaks for those people affected.
    Lock the thread. Won't be a better post than this.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Gun control is not the answer.
    Of course not. Who could possibly think such a thing.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

A little bird tells me a popular sports magazine is writing a sports gambling (football) article for this fall and citing SBR. The same bird also tells me that they're astounded at the rampant racism found (and obviously endorsed) by management.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. This site has some really disgusting qualities to it in PT.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

@TC
    All those crazy fuks would carry guns regardless of gun laws.
    I have the right to defend myself, at home, with a legal gun, as long as I followed the law getting my gun and permit.
    Take that right away from me, I'll get a gun illegally to keep at home, to defend my possessions and wife with.
    Defending yourself in your home is very different from carrying around a concealed gun everywhere you go. At least in my mind it is.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Lock the thread. Won't be a better post than this.
    I pretty much agree.
    But there has to be middle ground on so called 'gun control'
    I should have the right to keep a gun in my house, I should not have the right to bring assault rifles to closed in public events.
    I should have the right to carry an handgun within reason, I should not have the right to walk around downtown with an AK draped around my shoulder...........

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Mayan.........do you receive google alerts when the words "white", "mexican", and "obama" are posted at SBR?
    Front page PT, homeboy...

You don't think what Muldoon said is true?? Don't be a hypocrite William.

I hate hypocrites.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I pretty much agree.
    I should have the right to keep a gun in my house, I should not have the right to bring assault rifles to closed in public events.
    I should have the right to carry an handgun within reason, I should not have the right to walk around downtown with an AK draped around my shoulder...........
    Agree 110%.

It's not about gun control to me -- it's about gun access. It scares me how easily someone can obtain a semi-automatic weapon these days, and it's not like it's going to be any more difficult in the future.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Guns= negative outcomes.

Have never known it to be ANY other way...

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who gives a fukk

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Agree 110%.

It's not about gun control to me -- it's about gun access.
    I disagree 110%.

You cannot start policing gun access. Who decides when an where I should have the rights afforded to me in the constitution? If this type of concession is given, it creates snowball effect that would never stop.

I have no criminal record of any kind. Why shouldn't I be allowed access to any type of firearm I choose to own as long as its purchased and registered legally?
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave opie1988 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

stevenash

Agree 110%.

It's not about gun control to me -- it's about gun access. It scares me how easily someone can obtain a semi-automatic weapon these days, and it's not like it's going to be any more difficult in the future.
    Like I said earlier, prohibit booze like in the '20's you'd still be able to get it, prohibit anything, if you want it, you'll still be able to get it.

When I worked in NYC, there was a 10 block radius in the East Village (East 8th St. area) where you could get, a bet in, a handgun, a gram of coke, a whore, you name it.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I pretty much agree.
    You'd be labelled a slippery slope anti gun advocate by many.

"Within reason" sounds great. Not so much when making/passing/enforcing laws.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Guns= negative outcomes.

Have never known it to be ANY other way...
    I have seen where guns prevented a bad situation become a worse situation.
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Every little while we get crazy motherfukkers like this pop up

John Wayne Gacy
    Jeff Dahmer
    Timmy McVeigh
    Bin Laden

the list is endless
    horrible comparison

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I disagree 110%.

You cannot start policing gun access. Who decides when an where I should have the rights afforded to me in the constitution? If this type of concession is given, it creates snowball effect that would never stop.

I have no criminal record of any kind. Why shouldn't I be allowed access to any type of firearm I choose to own as long as its purchased and registered legally?
    Seems that John Holmes didn't have any criminal record of any kind either.

acl123
    syndicate

Just another 12 dead people.
    Nothing to see here.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Seems that John Holmes didn't have any criminal record of any kind either.

What does that have to do with anything? Do you think the government deciding that he could no longer buy a handgun would've swayed him to go the other way on his decision to kill a dozen innocent people?

The guy is a sick fukk. Gun control won't change that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I disagree 110%.

Can't you at least draw the line on automatic weapons? There's is no need for people walking around with AK-47's.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    Just another 12 dead people.
    Nothing to see here.

Shut the fukk up, moron. I realize you're desperately trying to attain some relevance on here by coming off as shocking and callous, but its actually only serving to affirm the overall belief that you're simply a pathetic, immature dildo.

Those 12 people included fathers, mothers, and little kids. Show them some respect.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Can't you at least draw the line on automatic weapons? There's is no need for people walking around with AK-47's.
    Something tells me this guy wouldn't give a fuk if AK-47s were illegal

Someone who is willing to shoot 50 people in a movie theatre aren't going to be swayed/deter by gun laws.

acl123
    syndicate

Opie fukk off you fukking pansie bitch.
    Ive had about enough of your gay ass shit

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Like I said earlier, prohibit booze like in the '20's you'd still be able to get it, prohibit anything, if you want it, you'll still be able to get it.

When I worked in NYC, there was a 10 block radius in the East Village (East 8th St. area) where you could get, a bet in, a handgun, a gram of coke, a whore, you name it.

Most of Europe, Japan, Singapore, S. Korea are basically prohibited, look at their gun crimes/homicides.

The reason why it would not work here is the pool of guns out there is already too big, obviously nothing would stop someone from accessing it. That's how the society was brought up so now people have to deal with it.

People in those countries don't even "think" about guns. Don't even talk about them.

If someone wanted to do this every single day, there is nothing that can done about it. No laws pro or against.

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

People saying gun control is the reason are morons.

Strict gun laws = people who really wanna kill people will pay any price to get a gun and will eventual acquire one. Everyone else will be unarmed.

Lenient gun laws = a lot of people will have guns for self defense and protection. Might deter people from acting a stupid

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Most of Europe, Japan, Singapore, S. Korea are basically prohibited, look at their gun crimes/homicides.

The reason why it would not work here is the pool of guns out there is already too big, obviously nothing would stop someone from accessing it. That's how the society was brought up so now people have to deal with it.

People in those countries don't even "think" about guns. Don't even talk about them.

If someone wanted to do this every single day, there is nothing that can done about it. No laws pro or against.
    Look at all the knife attacks in Japan though. People will attack others if they want to, the only thing that changes is the weapon used

Look at all the bombings in Europe

People who want to kill will use whatever means avaliable to kill.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Something tells me this guy wouldn't give a fuk if AK-47s were illegal

Someone who is willing to shoot 50 people in a movie theatre aren't going to be swayed/deter by gun laws.
    That's great logic. Why not make everything legal then?

acl123
    syndicate

You guys are arguing with a 3 time bush voting born with a silver spoon in his mouth blonde haired twink.
    Its useless.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by stuntin909 View Post

Strict gun laws = people who really wanna kill people will pay any price to get a gun and will eventual acquire one. Everyone else will be unarmed.

Lenient gun laws = a lot of people will have guns for self defense and protection. Might deter people from acting a stupid
    I bet this guy would have thought twice before going into a theatre to shoot it up if he knew that the people inside the theatre were armed. Not really a grand shooting spree if you get greased before you can even get a few shots off.

Killers like this pick easy targets like theatres because they know the people in them will be unarmed

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by stuntin909 View Post
    That pretty much says it all.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    That's great logic. Why not make everything legal then?
    Because what does banning assault weapons accomplish?

It's no different than the war on drugs. People who want drugs will find a way to get them even if the sale and possession of them are illegal. No different than assualt weapons.

It's just a way for politicians to beat their chests while being oblivious to the fact that people who really want the weapons will still get them.

In the end nothing is accomplished

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Because what does banning assault weapons accomplish?

It's no different than the war on drugs. People who want drugs will find a way to get them even if the sale and possession of them are illegal. No different than assualt weapons.

It's just a way for politicians to beat their chests while being oblivious to the fact that people who really want the weapons will still get them.

In the end nothing is accomplished
    So everything should be legal then?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I disagree 110%.

By access, I mean it's scary to think of how easily you can obtain a semi-automatic weapon if you try hard enough.

I have a few gun-crazed buddies that really have no business owning the firearms they do. I admit I'm more than a little uncomfortable with the situation, but they didn't exactly have to go through the ringer to obtain them, you know?

I think it should be more difficult to obtain a firearm (deeper background checks), but I have no problem

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Never would have happened if laws were in place where guns were banned. But sadly the right wing sickos cling to the misguided belief that a 200 year old piece of garbage is they way our country should be run today.
    you are so right, only if the laws were in place because we know criminals obey laws....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Well said k.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

How do you feel about gun control?

Same way I feel about birth control, doesn't work

stevenash

You'd be labelled a slippery slope anti gun advocate by many.

"Within reason" sounds great. Not so much when making/passing/enforcing laws.
    Label be whatever, I am harmless, unless someone comes at me, my property, or my wife or dogs.
    Than all bets are off, I become harmless no more.

First 1234567 ... Last