thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

to think that guy who raised in that spot only has a premium hand every single time is a joke this isnt 1970.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Money 77 View Post
    LOL @ this entire response.

Is this Tom Dwan?
    Actually I take this as a compliment. Dwan probably has made more money in the last 2 years than any of you will see in 5 lifetimes.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    you gotta try and play pots in position end of story, if you arent good enough to get away from flopping top pair, find a new game to play.
    so your paying 16 bux to flop top pair and then fold if there is a bet and a raise on the flop....

like I said this is why poker is still easy money for guys who want to put in the time. because obviously a few braindeads still have some money left somewhere.

its a 2/4 game you cant bet enough to protect any sort of hand. come to a Ca card room sometime and even a 4/8 game is maxed out with usually 5 or 6callers to the flop (in an 8 seat game) then you can still see 3 or 4 guys after a total shit flop hits. I seen jack high win so many 200 dollar pots in those games its sick. But that is the game the retards play, 2/4 is just half as retarded.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    This has to be the worst group of poker players ever witnessed in a forum of all-time.
    First of all, it's homo to even ask what you should do with a hand like that.
    Poker is all feel and all reads, especially in cash games online.
    There is no correct play folding or calling or even raising. It's all based on stack sizes, implied odds, and how big of a tool the player raising and flat-calling are.
    Your hand is irrelevant. You can button call anything vs anyone who plays aggressive. You can fold anything vs a rock OR you can call anything vs. a rock knowing he has big hands and is gonna pay you off if you outflop him. You just have to be able to make the right decisions in hands and not go broke just because you have a pair or even better than that depending on the situation.
    You're always playing the player, never your cards. Plain n simple. Of course cards assist you but until you realize it's about your surroundings and not whats in your hand, you'll never profit a penny in the game of poker overall.
    This response is stupid. Basically this clown is saying guess and go with your gut at all times. There are a lot of times where in poker you have to do this because of the nature of the game but this isn't one of them. Like I said depending on chip stack and style of the play from the initial raisers you can throw a "feeler re-raise" out there to see if the initial raisers are holding low to mid-pocket pairs, AK or Ace-Rag suited. Or again you can smooth call and see if you outflop them and can set them up for a trap.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 07-18-12 at 09:15 PM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    so your paying 16 bux to flop top pair and then fold if there is a bet and a raise on the flop....

like I said this is why poker is still easy money for guys who want to put in the time. because obviously a few braindeads still have some money left somewhere.

its a 2/4 game you cant bet enough to protect any sort of hand. come to a Ca card room sometime and even a 4/8 game is maxed out with usually 5 or 6callers to the flop (in an 8 seat game) then you can still see 3 or 4 guys after a total shit flop hits. I seen jack high win so many 200 dollar pots in those games its sick. But that is the game the retards play, 2/4 is just half as retarded.
    good fold getting over 5-1 on the button once the 2 limpers get sucked in with garbage hands when only 3 hands in the deck have kq dominated and we have a blocker to every hand but aa. go troll the lakers, u r better at doing that.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

If this is SBR poker I go all in. Chances are everyone will fold. If not I've found 7,2 has just as much shot to win on SBR as A,A.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Taking poker advice from someone with < 9 poker badges = -EV

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    cuz an sbr shovefest proves a lot?

k13

cuz an sbr shovefest proves a lot?
    I was kidding.

I'm used to faster blinds and lower stacks than SBR. If you are winning player you will have an edge with any format in the long run.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

snap fold /thread

anyone who thinks otherwise should not play cash games

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Throw it away, this hand is no good for chasing..it's only nice if you can get in cheap and that's about it.

NYSportsGuy210

Fcuk your SBR poker badges man I have cashed three WSOP tournaments already. Some of us can't be online 24/7 and actually have to work jobs in real life.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

sbr poker badges wow.. don't like 40% get paid??

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

good fold getting over 5-1 on the button once the 2 limpers get sucked in with garbage hands when only 3 hands in the deck have kq dominated and we have a blocker to every hand but aa. go troll the lakers, u r better at doing that.
    if youre going to use odds, get them right, he is looking at putting 16 into a 46 dollar pot at that point. That isnt even 3-1 let alone the (over) 5-1 you want to think it is. Now if the blinds both call and the original limpers then ya sure he is then going to be getting 6-1, but good luck winning a pot with KA suited with 6 other guys going to the flop.

But I will play the what if game, what if he flops top two but suited to one of these ass clowns hole cards and the guy sucks out on him? His 16 dollar 'flyer' turned into probably a 50 or 70 dollar loss. Again good luck getting that back playing a 2/4 game.

But sure raising and throwing chips in like that is exactly why people play 2/4 it is a lottery game so actually using any kind of common sense or poker brains isnt required.

k13

SBR would eat your WSOP cashes up for dinner.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

if youre going to use odds, get them right, he is looking at putting 16 into a 46 dollar pot at that point. That isnt even 3-1 let alone the (over) 5-1 you want to think it is. Now if the blinds both call and the original limpers then ya sure he is then going to be getting 6-1, but good luck winning a pot with KA suited with 6 other guys going to the flop.

But I will play the what if game, what if he flops top two but suited to one of these ass clowns hole cards and the guy sucks out on him? His 16 dollar 'flyer' turned into probably a 50 or 70 dollar loss. Again good luck getting that back playing a 2/4 game.

But sure raising and throwing chips in like that is exactly why people play 2/4 it is a lottery game so actually using any kind of common sense or poker brains isnt required.
    im obviously talking about once the 2 limpers call the extra 12 dollars, which i assume theyll like the price of the pot so you have an 86 dollar pot. call me crazy but i think its a pretty safe assumption. no one else in this hand besides MAYBE the original raiser has a hand that has you dominated. if the raiser ONLY has top 5 hands in his range here and has us dominated, then he should be super easy to exploit anyways, and id proceed more cautiously against him. we dont know either way from the given information, hes just a random player.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i just dont see why u all think the guy who made it 16 has to have sbr john dominated. hes in late position, granted there are limps, but he could still be fairly wide. we know nothing about any previous hands. against a random player id give him a range of 88+ paired and probably a10s+ unpaired. keep in mind we have a blocker to every hand except aa that has us dominated, so hands like ak aq qq kk are less likely.

k13

i just dont see why u all think the guy who made it 16 has to have sbr john dominated. hes in late position, granted there are limps, but he could still be fairly wide. we know nothing about any previous hands. against a random player id give him a range of 88+ paired and probably a10s+ unpaired. keep in mind we have a blocker to every hand except aa that has us dominated, so hands like ak aq qq kk are less likely.
    Maybe used to playing the old fart way.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Maybe used to playing the old fart way.
    i agree, but we dont necessarily know that, if he says that would be a different story. only way i think this is a fold is if we know hes an old fart type player and that the limpers were the type who wuld fold even getting good pot odds.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Holy fukking god, people are seriously talking about folding KQs on the button to a standard size MP raise? What, do you sit on your hands all day and wait for aces to play a pot?

Easy, easy call.

Fukk, depending on table texture and player tendencies, you could re-pop it up to about $40 and try and take it down if the flop comes up blank. Call is almost certainly best though.

I'm not sure if the previous posters calling for a fold are just the 15 rare nits who actually post/play on SBR where people will call you in that spot with J9off, or if you all just want to look smart/tight or whatever.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

u fold, simple stuff, very simple,must fold, and always

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Fcuk your SBR poker badges man I have cashed three WSOP tournaments already. Some of us can't be online 24/7 and actually have to work jobs in real life.

The Persian can play

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    u fold, simple stuff, very simple,must fold, and always
    Proof im right

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Holy fukking god, people are seriously talking about folding KQs on the button to a standard size MP raise? What, do you sit on your hands all day and wait for aces to play a pot?

Easy, easy call.

Fukk, depending on table texture and player tendencies, you could re-pop it up to about $40 and try and take it down if the flop comes up blank. Call is almost certainly best though.

I'm not sure if the previous posters calling for a fold are just the 15 rare nits who actually post/play on SBR where people will call youspot with J9off, or if you all just want to look smart/tight or whatever.
    Exactly wat i said. Closer to a 3bet then a fold, but a call is probably optimal. I think this place makes me dumber every time i come on here. Not even close to a fold given the dynamic we were presented.

k13

How many hands an hour do you get in live poker?

You might wait 10 hours to get AA/KK.........KQs is actually more rare so what are you going to be waiting for?

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

If your going to fold QK squited, with action in front, and on the button.........you may as well take your chips and go play something else.
    These are the hands you play for, and for only $16, why not? Your going to spend that on a lousy game of BJ, where you get dealt a 10 5, against a K. Loser!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Don't let em push you around John!

k13

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    118 to 1 odds you flop a flush so I hope you dont play poker for money if you think like that.....actually I hope you do.

Dont try and chase flushes or go broke because its suited
    Yeah but a ~10% chance of flopping a flush draw and that's all you really need.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    ha ha this thread is funny. This is an AUTO fold unless raiser can be made to fold to a re raise.
    LMAO this is why poker is easy money.

First off its a 2/4 game which is a total waste of money. But that aside that is an insta fold period end of sentence. Guys that cal with that shit are the guys who had to quit playing years ago because theyre broke already.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    snap fold /thread

anyone who thinks otherwise should not play cash games

These...There is just too much shyt that could go wrong before you even see the flop.Of course nothing is set in stone and a raise here looks really really strong but you would really have to be dialed in with the tables tendencies to make that play.

k13

I'd call if EVERYONE at the table shoved all in, in front of me.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

call it and see flop,,,,,,,then you go from there

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I'd call if EVERYONE at the table shoved all in, in front of me.

Thats just dumb

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    call it and see flop,,,,,,,then you go from there
    Thats just spewy

k13

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Thats just dumb
    Are you folding AKs?

If there's twenty people at the table I'm jamming it in there.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

A little more than half say call, nearly split evenly.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

John, honestly, at this point, i get warned for table talk. My unorthadox style would probably tell them what I had and then look for a tell. Dealer then warns me... I tip dealer another $20 and I get an automatic 2 more warnings.

First 1234 Last