thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

heres a comprehensive review of the hand, and this is the last thing im going to say about it unless someone wants to come up with a serious challenge.

blinds r 2/4, standard stack should be around 400 unless we are playing deep or shallow which wasnt specified, so we have to assume the standard.

we have no information on how anyone plays, so we shouldnt jump to conclusions either in this spot.

heres the hand again (players numbered 1-10).

1. UTG player limps in. has a playable hand, probably a very small chance hes loaded and trapping and hoping for a raise, no we can assume that though. if he repops when it got back to him id be worried, but for now im not at all.

2. UTG+1 player limps in. same story as UTG but the chance of him trapping a big hand is nonexistent since someone already limped in front of him, which means a guy already has interest in the hand.

3,4,5 players all fold.

6. HJ (2 players before button) this player makes it 16. contrary to what you 1980s type players may think, he doesnt have to have ak or aa here. im sure he likely has a strong hand, but we are still racing against the majority of his range. in a vacuum with no prior reads, id think this player would raise with any medium to high pair or hands like ak, aq, aj, a10, kq (highly unlikely since we already have that), maybe even kj or smaller suited aces. hands like ak aq qq kk are going to be less likely then normal since we already have a blocker to each of those hands.

7. CO (player before button) probably has a decent hand, definitely not a hand that dominates ours though. bigger holdings would have 3 bet for sure with already 2 other limpers. this would be a horrible spot to trap.

8. BUTTON (us) if we call, and everyone else folds (which is highly unlikely given the large pot odds the 2 limpers were given), we will be getting ~3.5-1 (16 bucks to play a pot with 54 dollars in it) with a top 15 hand in the best position possible. folding would be a joke at this point. the most likely result of our call is that the blinds will pass (probably have nothing playable) and the limpers will both call. if this happens we will get over 5-1 (16 bucks to play a pot with 86 dollars in it) with a top 15 hand in the best position possible. this isnt even figuring the blinds coming into the hand, which would make our odds even better. if the sb/bb or utg player makes the 3 bet, THEN i would start to think that i was in really bad shape in this hand, since they made a 3 bet OOP with all that action in front of them.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    A little more than half say call, nearly split evenly.
    what happened on the flop or did someone take it down preflop?

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Mark me down in the "it depends" group as there are scenarios where folding, raising, or calling with that hand could all be justified... My guess is anyone who would draw up firm conclusions based on what little was described probably isn't doing all that well playing poker...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Mark me down in the "it depends" group as there are scenarios where folding, raising, or calling with that hand could all be justified... My guess is anyone who would draw up firm conclusions based on what little was described probably isn't doing all that well playing poker...
    agreed he gave us very little go to on with the original description, so u should assume standard play.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I can't believe this is 4 pages long

dumbmoney
    dumbmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

Assuming the raiser is not a super tight player, I'd call this pretty easily suited and on the button. If I wasn't suited or on the button then its a much harder call.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Smoke had it correct from page one. All in. When people call, they don't have anything and are just building
    the pot for the flop. If you go all in, more than likely you win the pot when they fold.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Smoke had it correct from page one. All in. When people call, they don't have anything and are just building
    the pot for the flop. If you go all in, more than likely you win the pot when they fold.
    so u shove around 400 to win 46 sheer briallance.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

is it a 2/4 structured or a 2/4 N/L? That changes things ever so slightly. If it is structured 2/4 I still say fold, if it is no limit then it is a raise and hope. Probably raise it the pot and see what happens. So basically 40 bucks, and hope you take it down then and there, or worse case you get heads up and with position you might be able to take a shot at a bluff if you dont connect. If you raise to 40 and get 2 or 3 callers then you have to figure out what to do as you go along and that is going to be playing the other players to be sure. If theyre committed then you fold and chalk up the 40 for some info and hope you get a showdown to evaluate for the future.

I might have read the OP wrong and thought it was a straight up 2/4 limit table, and it had eventually been raised to 16 bucks by the time it got to him.

EDIT what you do also depends on your image as well if you are seen as a tight guy then a raise is more warranted, maybe even a smaller raise as it looks like you want a caller to come with you.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    is it a 2/4 structured or a 2/4 N/L? That changes things ever so slightly. If it is structured 2/4 I still say fold, if it is no limit then it is a raise and hope. Probably raise it the pot and see what happens. So basically 40 bucks, and hope you take it down then and there, or worse case you get heads up and with position you might be able to take a shot at a bluff if you dont connect. If you raise to 40 and get 2 or 3 callers then you have to figure out what to do as you go along and that is going to be playing the other players to be sure. If theyre committed then you fold and chalk up the 40 for some info and hope you get a showdown to evaluate for the future.

I might have read the OP wrong and thought it was a straight up 2/4 limit table, and it had eventually been raised to 16 bucks by the time it got to him.

EDIT what you do also depends on your image as well if you are seen as a tight guy then a raise is more warranted, maybe even a smaller raise as it looks like you want a caller to come with you.
    Look at what a constructive post you can make when not trying to be a condesending ass. Well done.

Now how good/bad will the lakers be if they manage to pull a Howard deal and have you reviewed any working girls in the greater Nashville area?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Look at what a constructive post you can make when not trying to be a condesending ass. Well done.

Now how good/bad will the lakers be if they manage to pull a Howard deal and have you reviewed any working girls in the greater Nashville area?
    I addressed the lakers in another thread, even with howard they arent good enough to beat OKC, unless they start getting league help again. They sure as hell arent in the same universe as Miami is. If the Clippers were healthy and had a competent coach Lakers probably wouldnt even win that division, yes even with Howard. But if Griffen is gimpy and Billups cant play then Clippers will be an also ran as well. If Lamar Odom can get a brain back in his head and stop worrying about that Ouyster he is married to he could be a difference maker for them. Losing Mo Williams hurt some but Williams went brain dead late in the season also. but clippers have a chance to be really good, they just need a new coach, which isnt going to happen unfortunately.
    Points Awarded:

downsouth gave wantitall4moi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Either call or fold depending on the size of your stack and the stacks of the other players involved. But most of the value of your hand will come from treating it as suited connectors and not because they are big cards.

First 1234